God Help Me! A Prayer for Help in Time of Need
- Lisa Whittle Proverbs 31
- 2017 3 Oct
I’m a huge fan of Yours, Jesus.Help.I raise my gaze to the mountains, wondering where my assistance will come from.My assistance comes from the Lord, the Creator of the heavens and the earth.PHILIPPIANS 121:1-2 The first five-word prayer I ever remember praying was NIVI love You, Jesus, help.It was the very first prayer I ever recall praying.
One night, when I was at a loss for words, disturbed at my lack of development and progress, suffering with the same issues that I’d been fighting with for years, I prayed this prayer for myself.I despise the sound of my own voice when I’m saying the same stale prayers for change that aren’t guttural enough to elicit action from others.For heavens’ sake, I’m a mature woman, but there are certain days when I feel like a child.I say things that I really don’t want to.I find myself doing things I don’t want to do.
When I know better, I behave in a terrible manner.I’m well aware of the calorie counts, yet I still struggle to consume the proper foods.My body is an albatross around my neck, and I wish to be free of it on a regular basis.So many things have changed in my life since I was a youngster, yet so many things have remained the same.Because we are all members of the same human race, I know you are sympathetic to my struggle.We are a people who believe in the power of hope, who strive to do our best while grieving our failures.
- We have wonderful days, weeks, and even months and years in our lives.
- When the crash occurs, we are left with the impression that what we had been experiencing was a fluke of epic proportions.
- We have a hard time keeping our cynicism at bay.
- It’s easy to stress our days away and terrify ourselves into numbness when we’re feeling down.
- When we are truly honest with ourselves, it is possible that all we can give to God is five simple words: ″I love You, Jesus.″ Help.
- Those words may be brief, but I believe they have the same impact as if they were a spoken novel including all of the greatest heart alliterations.
- He hears them and replies with all of the richness and compassion that can only come from the love of a Savior.
- This straightforward prayer appeals to the almighty.
- It expresses to God that, despite the fact that our hearts are overflowing with love for Him, our hearts are hurting because of the difficulties that the world is inflicting us.
- This is a prayer that has been abandoned.
- It is a prayer that is much needed.
- It is a beautiful prayer from a defenseless kid to a loving Father who is in complete command.
Even in the midst of our difficulties, we may elevate our gaze to the God who cares for and loves us.It is possible to elevate our faces to see Him in the darkness, and we may lift our voices to scream out to Him for assistance.He is sympathetic to our predicament.
- He is prepared to respond to any situation.
- I’m a huge fan of Yours, Jesus.
″God Help Me!″ Psalms to Pray
When you don’t know what to pray about, the Bible gives you with the words you need!Make use of these prayers from the book of Psalms to lead your plea for God’s assistance.H – ″Please hear me, Lord, and respond to my cries for help for I am poor and in need.″ Psalm 86:1 (King James Version) The first step is to acknowledge to God that you are in need of and desire His assistance.E – ″Confirm my steps in accordance with your word.″ Psalm 119:133 (KJV) Second, pray to God for guidance and for the strength to remain strong in His Word and promises.″Please allow your compassion to address our needs as soon as possible since we are on the verge of despair.″ Psalm 79:8 (KJV) We frequently require assistance as a result of our previous decisions and wrongdoing.In your prayer, ask God to assist you in focusing on his compassion and grace, which will raise you out of your sorrow and broken heart.
Most Relevant Verses
- ToolsVerse is a page on the internet ″>Matthew 7:7 (KJV) “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
- ToolsVerse is a website on the internet ″>Hebrews 4:16 is a verse that says In order to obtain compassion and find grace to assist us in our time of need, let us approach the throne of grace with boldness and assurance.
- ToolsVerse is a website on the internet ″Psalm 107:28-30 (KJV) Then they called out to the Lord in their anguish, and He heard their cries and delivered them from their troubles.
he brought about a calming effect on the storm, resulting in quieting of the waves of the sea Then they were relieved because they had been silent, and He took them to the sanctuary they craved.ToolsVerse is a page on the internet ″>Matthew 6:6-8 is a biblical passage.However, when you pray, you should withdraw into your inner room, lock the door, and pray to your heavenly Father.
How to Ask God for Help
- Do you have questions that bother you, keep you up at night, and cause you to lose your train of thought? In situations where you are unsure about what to do, what should you do? Do you know how to approach God and beg for assistance? Several people have recently expressed concern about returning to the workplace, including: Is it safe to do so?
- Which medical regimen should I follow in order to resolve my problem? >
- Is it a good idea for my children and grandkids to go to see me?
- Is it God’s will for me to embark on a new endeavor?
Even before the issues that Covid-19 brought with it, we were confronted with questions that went beyond our comprehension. What resources do you use to find answers? We use Google to look for some answers, but the search engine is unable to assist us with the sensitive inquiries that we have.
Ask Google or God
- When Jesus walked the planet, He had a link that was superior than any internet connection.
- Jesus was in charge of creation prior to His incarnation.
- He had a deeper understanding of the underlying workings of the cosmos than anyone else.
He resorted to prayer in spite of all of his knowledge.After seeing Jesus’ prayer habits, one of His disciples approached Him and begged Him to teach them how to pray.If Jesus need a daily connection with His Father, then we, too, must have such a connection.
In Luke 11:1-13, Jesus demonstrated the skill of asking to His followers and to us.
Ask God—He’s Your Father
- The passages in Luke 11:2-4 are commonly referred to as the Lord’s Prayer.
- Let’s take a look at these well-known passages in the context of locating solutions to our queries.
- ″Father,″ he says (NIV).
Jesus instructs His followers to refer to God as ″Father.″ This refers to the unique relationship we have with God as a result of our faith in Jesus.It also serves as a reminder to approach God with the faith and humility of a kid.We are not requesting assistance from an impersonal machine or a crowded phone center.
It is we who are approaching One who has a vested interest in our well-being.One who considers us to be members of His own family.The way He looks after us reflects on Him (Ps.23:3).Some people believe that we are all God’s offspring.God created all people, but only those who believe in His name have the right to be addressed as such, according to John 1:12 (New International Version).
Remember God’s Nature When You Ask
- ″Your name be sanctified, and your kingdom come″ (NIV).
- My spouse has a lot of experience as a relationship counselor.
- If I have a question that has to do with people or relationships, I bring it to him for consideration.
However, I do not seek his assistance with my computer’s technical issues.He’s a counselor, not a technician, as you might expect.The term ″holy″ refers to the state of being holy.
Requests that are in accordance with our Father’s nature are granted.Our ability to remember His holy character naturally aids us in eliminating erroneous petitions.Is my desire in accordance with God’s personality?
Ask God for Daily Needs
- Provide us with our daily bread on a regular basis″ (NIV).
- For 40 years, God gave the Hebrews with daily manna while they were wandering in the desert.
- The people were instructed to simply collect what they would require for the day.
A couple of gullible souls saved some for the next day.The manna had a foul odor and was wormy due to its age.We spend much too much time worrying about tomorrow instead of putting our confidence in God now.
God offers the insight, guidance, and strength I require at this time of my life.When tomorrow comes, I will have all of the grace I need to get through it.Learning to rely on God for my everyday needs instills confidence in me and helps me to overcome my anxieties about the future.Approximately how many of your issues are related to the future?What ways could putting your confidence in God for today’s needs assist you to be less stressed?
Ask God with a Clean Heart—Forgiven and Forgiving
- Please forgive us for our crimes, as we likewise forgive everyone who has committed a sin against us″ (NIV).
- If we have difficulty forgiving, all we need to do is recall how much God has forgiven us in the first place.
- We remain humble before God and others by recalling the words, deeds, or attitudes that we wish we could take back from our lips.
And, as a result of receiving God’s forgiveness, we have the ability to provide grace to others.This unblocks any pathways that have been obstructed, allowing us to hear God more clearly.Has my unforgiveness impacted my ability to connect with God?
What exactly do I need to admit and give up?Who is it that I need to forgive?
A Different Kind of Protection
- ″And save us from falling prey to temptation.″ (NIV).
- God never tempts anybody in any way (James 1:13).
- So what is the significance of Jesus including this?
It serves as a reminder to beg for protection and to be mindful of the dangers of temptation.It is not a sin to allow oneself to be tempted.Despite the fact that Jesus was tested, He did not sin (Heb.
4:15).However, staying away from temptation is preferable to fighting it.An article I read once described a research in which participants were placed in a room with a dish of aromatic chocolate chip cookies and instructed not to consume any of them.Other others were placed in front of a plate of radishes and warned not to consume them, as well.Following that, both groups were given a series of issues to go through.Those who hadn’t exhausted themselves by refusing the cookies were the lucky ones.
Jesus Promises—Everyone Who Asks Receives
Jesus demonstrates the benefit of submitting our requests to God via the use of a tale of contrast. If a hesitant friend and errant human dads are willing to offer excellent gifts to those who ask, how much more would our perfect heavenly Father respond to our prayers when we call on Him in faith?
The Most Important Ask
- As a last word, Jesus instructed His followers to pray to receive the Holy Spirit.
- Every Christian is now indwelt by the Holy Spirit, according to the Bible (Rom.
However, we must continue to pray to God to fill us with new life on a daily basis (Ephesians 5:18).Whatever fills us has the ability to govern us.A person who is overwhelmed with concern behaves considerably differently from someone who is full with hope.
When we are filled with the Holy Spirit, we exhibit His fruit (Gal.5:22-23), have the ability to fight sin (Gal.5:16), and are able to discern His desire for our lives on a daily basis.When you are in need of assistance, turn to God.Your heavenly Father want to be of assistance to you.A person who is overwhelmed with concern behaves considerably differently than a person who is filled with optimism.
As a result of being filled with the Holy Spirit, we exhibit love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness (including forgiving others), faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
- As a last instruction, Jesus instructed His followers to pray for the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- All believers are now indwelt by the Holy Spirit (Rom.
Yet every day, we must re-ask God to replenish our supplies (Ephesians 5:18).The things that fill us have the ability to govern us.An anxious person behaves in a totally different way than a hopeful individual.
When we are filled with the Holy Spirit, we exhibit His fruit (Gal.5:22-23), have the ability to resist sin (Gal.5:16), and are able to discern His desire for our lives on a day-to-day basis.When you are in need of assistance, turn to God for assistance.In order to assist you, your heavenly Father want to.In comparison to a person full with optimism, someone loaded with concern acts drastically differently.
As a result of being filled with the Holy Spirit, we exhibit love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness; we are faithful; we are gentle; we are kind; we are merciful.
Summer studies for women.
- Break for You: led by Debbie Wilson on Zoom from June 2nd to August 11th, 2020.
- The research will take place on Tuesday evenings from 7:00 to 8:03 p.m.
- EST for ten weeks.
The first meeting will be a casual get-to-know-you session.Little Faith, Big God is a Zoom session hosted by Ginny Wilson.Beginning on June 9, 2020, from 6:45 p.m.
to 8:30 p.m.EST on Tuesday evenings, the course will run for eight weeks.To sign up, send an email to [email protected] Yourself a Break from Worry and Regret e-book is available for free on Amazon from May 18-22.To send a tweet, simply click here.To leave a comment, please click here.
Blessings, Unsplash user Ümit Bulut contributed this photo.
Sometimes I link with these great sites:
Themes: InstaEncouraements, TellHisStory Recharge Wednesday, WorthBeyondRubies TuneinThursday, Dance with Jesus, Grace&Truth, Grace&Truth
Learn How to Ask for Help as a Christian Man
If your pride prevents you from seeking God’s assistance, your Christian life will be doomed from the start. This devotional is intended to inspire Christian males to break free from the cycle of pride and develop the practice of seeking God for guidance and assistance.
Key Bible Verse
Pride comes before a fall, and a haughty attitude comes before a collapse. Being poor in heart beside the oppressed is preferable to sharing spoils with the mighty and powerful. (Proverbs 16:18–19, New International Version)
Too Proud to Ask for Help
- In the 2005 film Cinderella Man, Russell Crowe portrays James J.
- Braddock, a failing prizefighter who is forced to make a difficult decision.
- It’s right in the thick of the Great Depression’s heart.
He has been unable to find work, and the power in his tight flat has been switched off, resulting in his wife and three children becoming hungry.Braddock reluctantly makes his way to the government’s disaster aid office.A clerk provides him money, which he uses to pay his bills and purchase groceries.
We Christian guys, on the other hand, may be like that: too prideful to seek assistance.Except that it isn’t the relief office that we are terrified of visiting.It’s the Almighty.Somewhere along the line, we acquired the impression that asking for aid was improper, and that it was something that only true men should do.I was brought up on John Deere.
You Won’t Stand a Chance
- However, you cannot live the Christian life in this manner.
- It’s just not doable.
- You can’t do it all by yourself if you want to avoid temptation, make sensible judgments, and get back up after being knocked down.
Unless you beg God for assistance, you have no hope of success.Pride is a strange and amusing emotion.″In his vanity, the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts, there is no place for God,″ according to Psalm 10:4.
(NIV) It was hundreds of years ago that the psalmist noticed this flaw in male behavior.Since then, things haven’t gotten any better.Women tease that males would drive around in circles for an hour rather than pull over and ask for directions if they are lost.We behave in the same manner throughout the remainder of our lives.God, who is the source of all wisdom, is ready to help us.
How to Break the Cycle
- What can we do to interrupt the cycle of conceit?
- How do we get into the practice of asking God for aid on a regular basis, not just in huge situations, but also in the little things?
- First and foremost, we remember what Christ has already accomplished for us.
His sacrifice for our sins was something we could never do on our own: What a miserable human being I am!Who is going to save me from this body that is on the verge of dying?Thank you, God, for delivering me through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior!
(Romans 7:24–25, New International Version) Jesus Christ became the clean, spotless sacrifice that we could never be, the only offering that could satisfy God’s perfect justice and bring us back to the Father.His desire to die in our place demonstrates his deep affection for us.That type of love will not accept us as we are.
Jesus Asked for Help, So Why Don’t We?
- By Jonathan Decker, LMFT, Clinical Director of the LMFT Program For assistance in putting these principles into practice, as well as for your own well-being and relationships, please book a consultation with Jonathan by clicking here.
- Believers and nonbelievers alike are generally in agreement that the story of Jesus Christ encourages individuals to relieve the burdens of others.
- He is credited with instilling the notion that the ″greatest among you must be your servant″ onto his followers (Matthew 23:11).
The poor, the hungry, and the ill were helped by Jesus as he put into practice what he preached about them.Healing and comforting activities were carried out by him with love and compassion.Many people want to emulate Jesus’ example, but they occasionally forget that he also received, and in some cases, requested, assistance from others.
Jesus gratefully allowed others to help him
- Although Jesus lived and gave his life for the benefit of others, we must not mistakenly believe that striving to be more like him necessitates us constantly being the giver, rather than the recipient, of service in our daily lives.
- There are several situations in which Jesus asks for assistance and/or gladly accepts assistance when it is granted.
- While in Gethsemane, Jesus prayed to the Father, pleading with him to spare him from his agony if at all possible.
Despite the fact that he was willfully subjected to the punishment for humanity’s crimes, he did not reject the angel who was brought to him to soothe him.The tired Jesus gratefully welcomed Simon’s assistance in bearing the cross.He borrowed the donkey on which he rode into Jerusalem.
Loaves and fishes were presented to him by the multitude of five thousand people when he fed them.
How receiving help allows us to grow
- According to Dieter Uchtdorf, a revered religious leader who is respected both inside and outside of his church, ″we all know that ‘it is more wonderful to give than to receive,’ but I wonder if sometimes we overlook or even disrespect the value of being a good receiver…
- It is possible for some people to reach the point where they are no longer able to accept a gift or, for that matter, a praise without feeling embarrassed or obligated…
- ″ We should take advantage of every gift that is given to us, especially those that originate from the heart, as a chance to grow or improve our relationship with someone.
The ability to be excellent and thankful recipients opens the way to a deeper relationship with the source of the gift…Is it true that we have received these gifts with modest thanks and joy?
Help Me Jesus! A Powerful Prayer When Nothing’s Left
- *Please keep in mind that this content may contain affiliate links.
- If you click on one of my affiliate links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
- Thank you very much!
″Please, Jesus, help me,″ I shouted out as I dropped on the floor beside my bed.The events of the evening had left me in a state of shock.My thoughts were racing through my head, and my heart felt damaged.
The phrase from a song that went something like this: ″When you don’t know what to say, simply say ‘Jesus’″ came to me as I laid there.So that’s exactly what I did.When I eventually fell asleep, I wept, ″Jesus, Jesus, Jesus…″ over and over again as the pillow soaked up my tears until I was completely exhausted from the emotional ordeal.Have you ever visited this place?When you are in a state of such misery, all you have is strength.
Cry Out to Jesus
- There are several stories of people who called out to Jesus in their hour of need throughout the gospels: The narrative of Peter walking on water is found in the book of Matthew.
- The moment he allowed the wind and waves to distract him, causing him to sink, he screamed hysterically, ″SAVE ME, LORD!″ And Jesus came to his aid right away.
- Later in the same chapter, a Gentile lady approaches Jesus and begs Him to intervene on behalf of her demon-possessed daughter.
She is said to have adored him and pleaded with him, ″Lord, HELP ME!″ And Jesus was able to cure her daughter.In the ninth chapter of the book of Mark, we read of a father whose son had been possessed by an evil spirit, and when he requested Jesus to help, he expressed doubt that Jesus would be able to.When Jesus was crucified
Desperate “Help Me Jesus” Prayers
- There is a time and a place for long prayers, but sometimes all we need to do is cry out to God: in the middle of a furious dispute, or when gazing at yet another mountain of dishes when we are feeling overwhelmed. in our thoughts we might say ″Help me Jesus.″
- When the car breaks down and the paycheck is still a week away, we can bend our heads and pray, ″Help me Jesus,″ with our hearts in our minds.
- ″Help me Jesus,″ your soul can scream out through tears when your newborn won’t stop wailing and you haven’t slept well in over three months, or when your sixteen-year-old has broken curfew and you hear police in the distance.
God loves and cares for us, and this is especially true in times of difficulty. ″The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and he saves those whose spirits have been crushed,″ says the Bible. (Psalm 34:18 New Living Translation) At this passage, we are reminded that God is with us even in our most desperate hour, and that we may find peace in Jesus when we call out to Him for help!
Head to God first.
- We are prone to start attempting to mend problems ourselves.
- The alternative is that we come up with our own ideas or go for the phone and contact a friend for counsel, rather than turning to God and asking His guidance.
- God, on the other hand, is the only one who is aware of every detail of our circumstances as well as His intentions for our future.
Regardless of our circumstances, we would be prudent to seek God’s guidance first.Please visit my website and get your ″Pray First″ phone lock screen so that whenever you glance at your phone, you are reminded of what you must do first.
Entrust yourself to God’s plan.
- During his prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus said, ″Lord, if you are willing, please remove this cup from me; still, not my will but yours be done,″ referring to the cup of suffering.
- Because of the agony in His Son’s voice, His Father sent an angel to comfort and strengthen him.
- (See Luke 22:43.) However, He did not take away the cup of pain.
God may choose to empower us rather than remove our cups of pain from our hands at times.In such difficult circumstances, we must choose to put our confidence in God’s plan, even if we do not comprehend what is happening.Whatever our circumstances, we may cling to the reality that, even when life is difficult, we have a loving God who is capable of working everything out for our benefit.
Keep an ear out for His voice.When there is a famine,
A powerful prayer for when you need help from Jesus
The following four items will serve as a source of encouragement when we are feeling weary and exhausted:
- First and foremost, turn to God
- place your confidence in God’s plan
- Keep an ear out for His voice
- pray without ceasing.
There is a time and a place for long prayers, but knowing that at our most desperate hour, we are only three words away from praying one of the most powerful petitions ever prayed: ″Help me, Jesus,″ is a relief.
Looking for help from Jesus? Other Related Articles:
- 5 Steps to Putting Your Faith in God During Difficult Times
- Praying With Tears: A Moving Testimony to Offer Hope During Difficult Times
- What is the purpose of life? And, more importantly, where can I find it?
Asking for Help Is Hard
In Difficult Times, Here Are 5 Steps That Will Help You Trust God;
When Tears Flow, Pray: A Moving Testimony to Offer Hope in Difficult Times
In other words, what is the point of it all. And, more importantly, where can I locate it?
How to Ask
- Whether we have never asked for prayer before or ask for it on a daily basis, the objective is to increase both the frequency with which we ask for prayer and the manner in which we ask for it.
- How often should I do this?
- We would want to ask more questions than we already do.
What is the best way to inquire?We would want to request prayer for both external conditions and internal concerns of the heart that are hidden under the surface, for both visible and invisible things.We utilize the skills we’ve gained in personal prayer and invite others to join us in praying for one another.
We begin by putting our burdens into words.Second, we affix Scripture verses that encapsulate both our actual needs and God’s intentions and promises, which we call ″scriptures.″ In other words, we pray for things we know our Father wants us to pray for.
Side by Side
Edward T. Welch
- In this practical book, written by a well-known biblical counselor for regular Christians, the author provides readers with the skills they need to properly walk alongside one another in the midst of life’s difficulties.
- Exemple No.
- 3: I’m a little too impatient.
First and foremost, the burden: ″I have been quite irritated with my children recently.″I’m in desperate need of assistance.″ Second, we include the following Scripture: ″Would you please pray that I will come to understand Jesus’ unending patience with me so that I might pass that on to my children?″ (See 1 Timothy 1:16).Alternatively, ″Would you pray that I will see my anger as my issue rather than their problem?″ In James 4:1–10, the author writes: ″I want to show how anger leads to murder, and the problem is that I am demanding something and am not receiving what I am demanding.″ Exemple No.
Recognize Help When It Comes
- Following our prayers and requests for people to pray for us, the only thing left to do is to keep an eye on things.
- We believe that if we pray in accordance with God’s promises, we will be able to witness him at work.
- As a result, we await his work with bated breath, and when it arrives, we acknowledge it.
This article was derived from Edward T.Welch’s book Side by Side: Walking with Others in Wisdom and Love (Side by Side: Walking with Others in Wisdom and Love).Professor and counselor Edward T.
Welch (PhD, University of Utah) works at the Christian Counseling and Educational Foundation.In addition to his more than 35 years of counseling experience, he has written extensively on the subjects of depression, fear, and addictions.Between the Lines: A Step-by-Step Guide Away from Addiction, When People Are Big and God Is Small are just a few of his published works.
How we can help Jesus – The Mystical Teachings of Jesus
- It implies being a Christian when you recognize the interconnectedness of all life and automatically develop a desire to raise the entire.
- Christhood that does not manifest itself in the desire to assist others is not Christhood at all.
- To get to the topic of your choice, click on one of the buttons on the left.
It is the purpose of this part to provide information on how we might assist Jesus and the ascended masters in their goal to raise up humanity and materialize a golden period on earth.The fact that you volunteered to assume embodiment at this time is most likely the reason for your decision, and you may have had a sense from infancy that you had a purpose or a task to complete on this planet.On the website, you will also discover lectures on how to make a difference in the world.
Miracle Prayer – How to Ask God for a Miracle
- Because God believes that anything is possible, you may expect miracles in your life if you ask God to intervene – even in situations that appear impossible.
- People, on the other hand, frequently fail to ask God for miracles in their lives, and as a result, they settle for far less than God’s best for them.
- When you’re ready to ask God to take charge, turn to these miraculous prayers for guidance.
If you put your faith in God’s Son, Jesus Christ, you can approach Him at any time with confidence.Consequently, don’t be afraid to pray for anything, especially miracles!
1. A Miracle Prayer for the Impossible
- Father, I came to you now with a level of trust so low that I cannot see a way forward.
- I want to think that you are capable of accomplishing more than I could ever dream.
- I desire to live by faith, rather than by sight, throughout my life.
Please, God, send a miracle into my life.I need it.I know that you are capable of doing the seemingly impossible in my life, and I put my faith in your promises.
Thank you for being a God that sees and hears all of my needs and is always there for me.In the name of Jesus, amen.Do you require a healing miracle right now?Right now, you may get encouragement and comfort by downloading our FREE Prayers for Healing guide.
2. A Thankful Miracle Prayer
- Heavenly Father, thank you for everything.
- We are grateful to You for hearing my prayers and for working miracles in my life on a daily basis.
- Everything I have is a gift from You, including the fact that I am alive and can take a breath this morning.
Please remind me to never take my health or the health of my loved ones for granted.Help me to remain firm in my faith and to keep my gaze fixed on You even when faced with unforeseen events.In the name of Jesus, Amen.
Leah DiPascal is the founder of Proverbs 31 Ministries.
3. A Prayer to Trust When You Need a Miracle
- ″Please accept my thanks for loving me and wanting to protect me from relying on other things instead of you.
- Accept my apologies for times when I have placed my trust in my job and other people rather than in you.
- Thank you for letting me know that you haven’t forgotten about me.
Lord, the days ahead may be a touch frightening at times, but I’ve come to realize that the only way to a miracle is to go through unsettling territory.I’ve realized that the cause of a miracle will be unexpected, and that I shouldn’t waste my time trying to figure it out.I should just put my faith in you.
Although I may not always agree with what you want me to do, I will follow your instructions regardless of whether or not they make sense.Please remind me that you are everything that I require.
How to Pray and Ask God for a Miracle:
- Forget about formulae, and simply seek God’s presence with your whole heart.
- In order to conjure up miracles, there are no mystical procedures to follow.
- Instead, miracles occur whenever you open your heart and mind to God’s tremendous presence in the situations you are confronted with.
Consequently, don’t be concerned about attempting to recite flawless prayers in order to persuade God to perform a miracle in your life.Rather than wishing for miracles, simply invite God to intervene in every situation in which you are seeking them, and trust Him to do what is best after you have asked Him to do so.Consider what it is that could be preventing miracles from occurring in your life.
There are times when the specific miracle you’re seeking is not God’s will; other times when spiritual warfare is taking place in your life and evil is preventing a miracle from occurring; and still other times when you have sin in your life (such as bitterness) that is preventing a miracle from occurring.
How to Ask God for Something (Christianity)
- Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded You have something you’d like to ask God for, but you’re not sure how to go about doing it properly.
- Despite the fact that God hears your prayers, he does not always provide exactly what you ask for.
- It’s critical to thank God and pray for forgiveness for your sins before approaching God and asking for what you desire.
Inviting God to work in the manner that He desires.Also, when you ask Him for something, be honest and explicit about what you desire.Be patient and trust that God will intervene when the time comes.
- 1 Establish a personal connection with God. God will hear your prayers regardless of whether or not you are following Him, but those who are close to Him have a greater chance of receiving a response. This is an excellent first step if you have never begun reading God’s Word and following Jesus before you approach Him with a request. Learn to pay attention to what He is saying and to do what He wants of you. This is not to suggest that if you are not a believer of Christ, He will not grant your desire. It simply means that if you establish a connection with Him, you will be better able to converse with Him
- think about the difference between a stranger and your greatest friend. If a friend or a stranger on the street approaches you and asks for money, you are more likely to say yes.
- 2 First and foremost, praise and offer thanks to God. Instead of immediately asking for anything when you approach to God in prayer, take your time to listen to God’s voice. It is preferable to express gratitude and appreciation to God for what He has already accomplished. Thank you for praising Him for being both loving and powerful. Thank Him for leading you and rewarding you throughout your life. Beginning in this manner demonstrates to God that He is more than just a person you may ask for goods from. Genuine expressions of gratitude and praise should be offered to God, rather than being used as a ruse to get what you desire from Him. You must truly believe what you are praying for
- begin by saying, ″God, it is remarkable how well you have taken care of me and supplied for me.″ I’m grateful that you are resilient and that you never give up on your dreams.
- Promotional material
- 3 Confess your sin and express your repentance. Following the establishment of a relationship with God, it is critical to maintain a positive relationship with the Lord. If you are living in sin on a regular basis or if you have recently committed sins, you are estranged from God. These things must be confessed, and you must turn away from them. This will help to restore the shattered relationship with God. The reason this is significant is that sin is defined as going against what God desires from you in any way. ″I’m sorry I was so unpleasant to my neighbor,″ you should say to God when you sin
- to confess and repent simply means to tell God that you are aware of your fault, that you are sorry, and that you desire to change
- pray to God, ″I’m sorry I was so disrespectful to my neighbor.″ I am familiar with you.
- 4) Pray to God and ask for his pardon. In addition to admitting and repenting, you should beg God to pardon you for your sins. In order for confession to be successful, the next step must be forgiveness. God will open up the avenues of communication between you and God significantly once you have received God’s forgiveness. There is no special prayer of forgiveness that you must pray in order to get forgiveness. Explain to God that you are sorry and that you wish for Him to forgive you for having wronged Him
- pray: ″God, I’m sorry for lying about what I did last night. Please forgive me.″ That was something I should not have done. Please accept my apologies for my dishonesty.″
- 5 Make amends with the people who have wronged you. It’s difficult to pray an honest prayer to God when you’re upset or have caused someone else pain. Take a moment to consider any interpersonal ties you may have that are out of sync and make an attempt to correct them first. When you work with others to solve difficulties, you open yourself up to additional opportunities to seek God for help. It is not enough to just consider what is wrong if you do not make an attempt to correct the situation. Make contact with the individual and attempt reconciliation before turning to God for help.
- If something is wrong with your relationship with them, either apologize or forgive them.
- 6 Pray for protection from any evil that may be surrounding you. If you are living for God, it is possible that evil is conspiring against you, preventing you from reaching God. Pray that God would remove any spirits that are attempting to keep you separated from God and distracted from your duties. Spiritual warfare will prevent you from being able to speak with God in an effective manner. It could be worthwhile for you to understand more about what spiritual warfare is and how it might effect your prayer life and your commitment to God’s will.
- ″God, I have a strong sense that evil is surrounding me,″ you can pray. Please rebuke these evil spirits in the name of Jesus. Please do not allow them to come between us. Explain to them that they have no authority over me.″
- 1Be completely honest with God about how you’re feeling right now. God is aware of everything you think and feel, therefore there is no use in trying to keep it a secret. In order to receive what you desire, you must first and foremost be absolutely honest about your ideas and feelings. God’s ears will be opened as a result of your candor. 2
- 2 Make a particular request to God for what you want. In your prayers, tell God what you desire or need, and then ask Him to supply it. Make your request as precise as possible. Despite the fact that God already knows what you desire and need, He prefers that you ask Him for it. God can respond to imprecise prayers, but being explicit in your requests fosters a stronger link between you and God. Being precise does not imply that God will respond to your prayer in the manner in which you wish Him to.
- 3 Inviting God to work in the ways that He desires to work is important. Despite the fact that you may have a long list of particular things you want God would accomplish for you, another important thing to pray for is that His will be done in your life. Ask Him to move and use you in any way He sees fit, not just the way you wish. Inquire of Him to assist you in obtaining the things that He desires for you. There are several advantages to praying in this manner. Despite the fact that you may know precisely what you desire, God may have far more in store for you than you could possibly imagine. It is possible to lose out on a greater gift if you simply pray for the item you want. For example, you may say to God, ″Lord, I really want to start a new career.″
- 4Pray to God to respond to your request as quickly as possible. If you are praying to God for something, you most likely want Him to respond as soon as possible. Being completely honest with God involves telling Him that you want Him to work as swiftly as possible for you. Because He operates on His own schedule, it is possible that things will not happen at the pace you desire. Nonetheless, it is appropriate to request that He speed since you are being forthright about what you desire.
- ″In the name of Jesus,″ conclude the sentence. According to the Bible, the name of Jesus Christ is extremely strong. Finish your prayer by stating, ″I pray this in the name of Jesus.″ This is especially important when you are praying for someone or something. This accepts the fact that God works through Jesus and that Jesus is extremely strong. This is not the same as
- 1Be patient and wait for God to perform his will. Keep in mind that God operates on a different timetable than you are used to. If He doesn’t respond as fast as you would have liked, don’t lose up hope on Him. 2Continue to thank Him as you wait for His time to be perfected. There may be a reason why He does not respond as quickly as you would want. In the meantime, you must continue to worship God and give Him glory in the hope of receiving an answer to your petition. Even if you haven’t received all you desire, it is necessary to express gratitude and devotion to the One who has blessed you.
- 3 If you just thank Him when He behaves in the way that you want Him to, your praise may not be sincere. Believe that God will carry out His plan according to His will. If you don’t, you’re in trouble.
- Question Add a new question Question What should I do if I have requested God for a job and have not received a response? Continue to pray, and remember to ask God to give you the wisdom and confidence to move forward in your job hunt. Continue to be patient and believe that if you remain optimistic and persistent, you will ultimately land a job. Is it possible for God to cure my spouse’s dementia? Matthew 17:20 – ″He replied to them, ‘Because of your lack of trust,’″ Matthew 17:20 – ‘Truly, I say to you, if you have the faith of a grain of mustard seed, you will be able to command this mountain to move from here to there by just saying, ‘Move from here to there,’ and nothing will be impossible for you. ” Please put your trust in the Lord Jesus and pray for him. He has the ability to do miracles.
More information on the replies Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome. Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration!
About This Article
- Summary of the ArticleXBefore you ask God for something, praise and thank Him for all the good things in your life as a way of expressing your thanks.
- Then, be forthright in stating what you want and why you desire it.
- Consider the following example: ″Lord, I’ve been selfish recently, and it’s having an impact on my family.″ Thank you for assisting me in being a better parent and spouse so that my family can be happy.″ Even if God does not respond to your request right away, remain patient and continue to pray for what you want.
Between now and then, read some scripture and concentrate on leading a holy life in order to strengthen your relationship with God.Continue reading for additional advice, including how to beg God for forgiveness when you commit a sin.Did you find this overview to be helpful?