When Jesus Speaks: It Only Takes a Word to Change Your Life
Was there anything that could happen when Jesus spoke out and took the initiative to address your need? The biblical tale of Jesus’ compassion as He cures a man with a withered hand may be found in Mark 3:1-6. Let us consider what we have learned about Christ and his love, which has met this man’s bodily as well as his spiritual need. Today, do you require a word from Jesus Christ? He takes a seat at the back, out of sight from the rest of the group. A unnamed man merges into the throng, wishing he might be invisible to others around him.
Perhaps he isn’t so sure.
Could be that he is merely going through the motions, performing the rites of a religion that has no ability to alter his circumstances.
He tucks his hand under the torn hem of his robe and smiles.
They call him the man with the withered hand.
No one really knows the man on the inside, who is known only by his need and known only by his issue. With the exception of one shriveled hand, he is in good condition. As if that’s all he has to offer. The guy with a withered hand is the subject of this story. “Get up and come forward,” Jesus instructs the disciples. It is both a demand and an invitation at the same time. He takes a deep breath and moves forward, caught between the leaders and Jesus. It’s hard to keep his withered hand hidden while everyone’s looking at him.
Faithstands when Jesus speaks.
Don’t be deceived by the simplicity of this order. In the King James Version, Jesus instructs the guy to “come forward.” Stand is a strong word of possibilities because it means to arouse, to make to rise, to awaken, to raise up, and to bring the dead back to life. It is an invitation to participate in the work of God. Despite the fact that he believes “he cured some,” the man with the withered hand doesn’t back down, reasoning, “He probably won’t do it for me.” No of what was going through his head, he made the decision to go toward Jesus.
Faithwalks forward when Jesus speaks.
There are no rules, there are no tasks, and there are no tests. There is nothing to prove, and there is nothing to earn. Christ takes the initiative in this interaction and sees it through to completion. Don’t you think that’s fantastic? Stretch out your hand, says Jesus, and that’s all he says. Offer forth your flaw, your difficulty, your flaws, your imperfections. The man’s existence is marked by the withered hand, which establishes boundaries on what he can and cannot achieve. His useless hand serves as an unavoidable reminder of his plight.
His hand withered, but so do souls.
My hands are intact, albeit they have been eaten around the nails. But I know this because I’m wilting and shriveling like a plant deprived of water. Fear, inadequacy, worry, wrath, or sadness. the withering of the spirit can manifest itself in a variety of ways. In the absence of the water of the Spirit, faith might appear to dry up, leaving us withering in the heat of difficult days. Do you have that one thing that keeps you from reaching your full potential? That one little g that’s sapping your energy and making you feel anxious about yourself?
The life-giving force of God’s Spirit nourishes our spirits and helps us to maintain a faith that is robust and new.
The man with the withered hand extends his hand before Jesus, recognizing his need and accepting his state of affairs. This guy gets beyond the anguish of the past, beyond the shame of his failure, and into the very heart of God.
Faithstretches when Jesus speaks.
What are your thoughts?
Arise, my friend.
Embrace and expand your heart, your way of life, and the dreams you have. This guy is brought back to life in the blink of an eye. His hand has been cured, and he has regained his health. Moreover, by preserving his hand, Jesus preserves his life. Yes, when Jesus speaks, it only takes a single word to completely transform your life. What has Christ said to you in your heart? What about Christmeets this man’s bodily and spiritual needs struck you as remarkable? Today, do you require a word from Jesus Christ?
Similar posts to enjoy:
When work fails, simple encouragement might help you find the strength to try again. It’s simply not about the fish or the work in this situation. The Uncomplicated Truth About Going to the Depths of the Sea with Jesus
When Jesus Speaks…Great Things Happen – Peace Lutheran Church and School
When Jesus Speaks.Great Things Happen” is the title of a sermon delivered at Peace Lutheran Church in Hartford, Wisconsin, by Pastor Aaron Steinbrenner, which is based on John 5:25-29. On Sunday, November 18, 2018, the message was delivered. Isn’t politics a bit of a comedy every now and then? Don’t get me wrong: politicians and government employees carrying out their responsibilities is no laughing matter. That is a tremendous blessing. Christians are extremely grateful to people who work in government, and we even pray for them on a regular basis.
- That was the type of milieu that was beginning to emerge during Jesus’ lifetime.
- It was the religious authorities who were keeping a tight eye on Jesus, waiting to see whether he would do or say something that they could use to their advantage and attack him later.
- It took him 38 years to heal a man who had been a cripple for 38 years.
- However, because he had done this on the Sabbath, the religious authorities were in a tizzy about the situation.
- Afterwards, Jesus begins to speak about his connection with God the Father, as well as how those who honor the Father are expected to honor Jesus the Son as well.
- Not only was this guy Jesus a Sabbath violator, but he was also a blasphemer at this point.
- For example, when Jesus speaks, dead people are revived from the grave.
“Get up, little child,” he instructed.
He was being escorted out of the building in a funeral procession.
And who could forget about Lazarus, the brother of Mary and Martha, who has been in the tomb for four days and is still alive.
The dead persons were brought back to life in each case because Jesus talked to them.
He will go into more detail about this in a bit.
Jesus is referring to a period, which is currently taking place in the present, when dead people are literally being brought back to life.when dead people hear the voice of Jesus and come to life.
When I look out over this congregation, this is what I see: I see dead people.who have been brought back to life by the might of God.
- We were buried in the darkness and death of unbelief, and we were doomed, but no longer. I see people who were once buried and entombed in the darkness and death of unbelief, and I’m right there with you, who had no understanding.no faith.no love for God, but now our hearts belong to Jesus, and our ears are delighted to hear his voice, and our lips even sing his praise
- I see people who were once buried and entombed This is a joyful celebration for us because we are God’s children, and we proudly profess our trust in him.
What caused this to occur? Jesus communicated with us through his Word and Sacrament. And when Jesus speaks, incredible things happen, including the resurrection of the dead. Jesus calls out to a newborn that is brought to the font, “Little girl.little boy.get up.and live.and believe.” It is announced that the good news has been preached, and Jesus commands, “Come out.come out of that darkness and into the light. I bring you back to life from the brink of death. I transform your skepticism into faith.I transform your icy heart of hostility into a warm, welcoming home for my love.” When I look out over this congregation, I see people living their lives.
- In addition, I observe more corpses.
- They are in desperate need of hearing the voice of Jesus.
- As a result, just as Jesus resurrected you from the dead and gave you faith, he has the ability to do the same for countless others.
- Will he make advantage of me?
- When I’m assigned an assignment, I’m well aware that meeting deadlines might be beneficial.
- My question is whether I should get straight on this or whether I can leave it sit in the corner of my desk for a few weeks or longer, or even if I should just forget about it entirely.
- Due to the fact that a time is approaching when all those who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out – those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.
- We’re going to die, believe it or not.
- And we’ll spend the rest of our lives in either paradise or hell.
- That doesn’t sound like anything I’d be interested in.
- What kind of player do I have to be?
- Be holy in the same way that I, the Lord your God, am holy. In the book of Leviticus, it says: “Husbands, love your wives as Christ loved the Church.” Wives, submit to your husbands in the same way that you would to God. There must be no trace of sexual immorality, impurity of any kind, or greed among you at all, since these are inappropriate for God’s holy people, according to the Scriptures (Ephesians 5:1-2). (See also Ephesians 5:3). Love your adversaries and pray for those who persecute you, says the Bible. (See Matthew 5:44.) In Matthew 22:37, Jesus tells us to love the Lord our God with all of our hearts, with all of our souls, and with all of our minds.
Is it necessary for me to continue? Who can have a heart that is pure, holy, and good enough to save the world? It’s not my fault. And certainly not yours. And, yeah, this should portend catastrophe for the world. However, Jesus comes to the rescue once more. He describes people who are deserving of praise. The fact is that whomever hears my word and trusts in him who sent me will have eternal life (John 5:24). All of the nice people are believers. It is those who, through the eyes of faith, see that they themselves are not good enough that are considered excellent.
- However, Jesus has met all of our needs.
- One of the characteristics of the good is that they have already been given trust in their spiritual resurrection; one day, they will also be granted faith in their physical resurrection.
- Soldiers Grove, Wisconsin is a town that you may not be familiar with.
- Businesses and households were relocated with the help of a significant amount of government funding.
- They stopped devoting all of their time, energy, and resources to their old homes and instead began planning, fantasizing, and looking forward to their new homes, which they purchased.
- They had to go to work and go on with their everyday lives as long as the old town was still intact, but their thoughts were frequently drawn to the new world they were creating.
- It is He who has delivered us from spiritual disbelief and bestowed saving trust upon us.
- We have a lot of work to do for the time being.
- We have a religion that has to be nurtured.
- loving and caring for one’s family.
- However, our thoughts are drawn toward the future.
When you don’t have any sin, what would it be like to live? What would it be like to be reunited with one’s family and friends? What will it be like to spend eternity with Jesus? Please hurry up and finish the day. Yes, please hurry up and finish the day. Amen.
When Jesus Speaks
When Jesus Says Something. John 18:1-8 is a biblical passage. Some voices are the voice of authority, while others are the voice of logic. Consider some of the voices that have spoken to you throughout your life. A parent, a teacher, or a drill instructor in the military are all good examples. It is likely that all of us have come across someone whose remarks were really strong. I’d want to spend some time thinking about the most powerful voice in the universe. The voice of the Lord was heard.
- Matthew 4:18-21 is a passage of scripture.
- Ordinary fishermen were called to follow Jesus by Jesus himself.
- In Acts 9:1-6, we observe Saul’s conversion as he travels to Damascus with the gospel.
- During Moses’ meeting with the Lord at the burning bush, we are told about it in the Old Testament.
- When God spoke to Moses, he began to witness the the impossible becoming a reality.
- When we talk of healing, we are referring to bodily healing, as in the story of the lady who touched the hem of Jesus’ robe in Matthew 9:20-22.
- This guy was told by Jesus that his sins had been forgiven.
Hagar had reached the end of her rope in this narrative of Hagar and Ishmael in the desert, and it was only when God spoke to her that she realized she had won the battle against evil.
The power of the Lord’s rebuke is seen in Matthew 4:8-11.
As a result, you’re thinking: “That’s fantastic, but how does God communicate today?”.
First and foremost, God communicates with us through His word, as stated in 2 Timothy 3:16.
God also communicates with us through the voices of other Christians.
God also communicates with us via our circumstances and through our family, among other ways.
When it comes to seeking God’s direction and voice, the Bible will always be the litmus test. I’d want to leave you with one final thought today. God is speaking to you right now; the only question is whether or not you are listening.
When Jesus Speaks to a Hurting Heart: Biggers, Emily: 9781683223795: Amazon.com: Books
On October 25, 2019, a verified purchase was reviewed in the United States of America. After having a poor experience at the airport, I wandered into an airport bookstore and discovered this tiny treasure of a book that seemed to be ‘speaking’ to me. In the meanwhile, I picked up the book and read it while waiting for my next trip. The soothing sections did wonders for my state of mind and soul. Because I found the book to be so inspiring, I purchased a second copy for my spouse on Amazon. I really adore this book, and it has quickly risen to the top of my list of must-reads in the spiritual realm.
- Excellent motivational, excellent go-to for your moments, and bible quotations at the bottom of the pages for going-to in the bible are included.
- On June 2, 2020, a review was published in the United States of America.
- The print is similar to the last one.
- This is outstanding work!
- This novel is akin to receiving a bear hug from God.
- I’ll be the best few bucks you’ve ever spent, I promise you that.
- On December 1, 2021, a review was published in the United States.
It has been Him who has guided me in the correct direction and held my hand.
On November 20, 2021, a review was published in the United States of America.
I only receive positive comments in return.
It’s as though Christ is speaking directly to me at that very time.
On November 6, 2021, a review was published in the United States of America.
But when I did, it was a tremendous blessing for me.
I bought 22 books and shipped them to them, together with a pen, highlighter, pencil, notepad pad, and bookmarker, to each of them.
❤️ On July 18, 2020, the United States will conduct a review. Purchase that has been verified This book is really fantastic! It’s almost as if you’re listening in on Jesus’ conversation with you. This book is highly recommended if you want to feel as though Jesus is speaking directly to you.
Jesus Speaks by Steven K. Scott: 9781601428424
“Jesus’ words have the power to transform tension into calm, anguish into joy, uncertainty into guidance, and fear into faith. ” Therefore, Jesus Speakswill not only alter your day, but it will also have the potential to impact your life, relationships, and eternity!” Author Christine Caine, author of the best-selling book Undaunted, and creator of the A21 Campaign and Propel Women “When we hear the words of His Son and obey them, we are expressing God’s love language. As a result, Jesus Speaks has the potential to be life-changing for individuals seeking authentic relationship with God.” —Gary Chapman, PhD, author of The Five Love Languages (The Five Love Languages).
This incredible resource allows any Christian to immerse themselves in Jesus’ words like they’ve never done before.” Tommy Barnett, pastor of Phoenix First Assembly and founder of the Los Angeles and Phoenix Dream Centers, says: “Jesus’ teachings are.the sole means by which we might receive His life, spirit, peace, and joy into our hearts and lives.
- McDowell is an author and motivational speaker.
- Through Mr.
- is one of my favorite books.
- Bobby Houston, Hillsong Church in Sydney, Australia says: This new devotional from Steven K.
- Every day, he expounds on Jesus’ actual words in a way that is simple to adopt into a daily routine.
- It is possible to have a true closeness with Christ.
- ” The Reverend Dr.
Steve Scott has concentrated on the spoken words of Christ in one of the most compelling and clear methods that has ever been accomplished.
The book Jesus Speaks is a must-read if you wish to get to know Christ better.
On each page of Jesus Speaks, Steve Scott takes the spoken words of Jesus from the Bible and uses them to create a fictional discussion between Jesus and you.
and Overwhelmed “As a pastor, I have the responsibility of leading and feeding Jesus’ sheep.
That is one of the reasons why I am so enthusiastic about Jesus Speaks!
— Rich Wilkerson, senior pastor of Trinity Church in Miami and creator of the Peacemakers International movement “I’m overjoyed to be reading this great book, Jesus Speaks.” There is nothing like the words of Jesus to chase away worry and fear while also providing hope and encouragement like nothing else!” —-Roma Downey, actress and producer of the films Son of God and A.D.
In this season of my life, I’m getting to know Jesus and the Father more personally than I have at any previous point.” Doctor Gary Smalley, founder of the Smalley Relationship Center, says it thus way: “Taking time to soak in Jesus’ exact words has always had a profound influence on me.
I’ve been seeking for a 365-day devotional with that focus for quite some time, so I’m overjoyed that Steve Scott has provided us withJesus Speaks.” The best-selling author of For Women Only, Shaunti Feldhahn, says:
WHEN JESUS SPEAKS “In the same way, what lady, in possession of ten silver pieces, does not light a lamp, sweep the home, and seek attentively until she locates the coin? And after she has located it, she gathers her friends and neighbors to celebrate with her, exclaiming, “Rejoice with me, because I have located the piece that I had lost!” Furthermore, I declare to you that when a sinner repents, there is gladness in the presence of the angels of God. (Luke 15: 8–10). (Luke 15: 8–10) THOUGHTS THAT WERE INSPIRED The world is filled of lost human beings, much like this woman’s misplaced coin; individuals who have no awareness of their origins or of their creator.
- However, Jesus came to seek and save individuals who are on the verge of perishing.
- The Great Commission commands us to reach out to the unreached so that people may hear the message of forgiveness and be reconciled to the Lord.
- The officers were discussing something else when one of them said, “Why don’t these missionaries just stay at home and mind their own business?” Dr.
- Wilder asked.
- “That’s just accurate,” the missionary agreed.
- To seek out and save those who have gone astray.
- It is possible to execute this evangelistic activity through testifying to people, sharing our experience, handing out bible pamphlets, and putting messages on our social media accounts, among other methods.
- God, You are deserving of all glory and acclaim, and I thank You for that.
- Remove our worries so that we can confidently share Your message to the world.
We love You, Father, we praise You, and we thank You, and we ask and pray for all of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, according to Your will and in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.” God bless each and every one of you!
Station 10 – Jesus Speaks to His Mother and the Beloved Disciple
Your current location is: Home/Stations of the Cross/Station 10 – Jesus Addresses His Mother and the Beloved Disciple
the reading of John 19: 25-27 nrsv Meanwhile, his mother and his mother’s sister, as well as Mary the wife of Clopas and Mary Magdalene, stood near the cross of Jesus, seeing the event. After seeing his mother standing by him, along with the disciple whom he adored, Jesus called out to his mother, saying, “Woman, here is your son.” When he finished, Jesus turned to the disciple and said, “Here is your mother.” And from that point on, the disciple welcomed her into his own house. Look Examine the visual aspects of the image, such as line, form, movement, and texture, and make notes.
When you look at the artwork, what feelings come to mind for you?
I believe he would grasp her face, his entire life flashing before his eyes in the tones of green and brown that she possesses.
Jesus takes care of his mother in the midst of his severe suffering, in the final moments of his life.” —Lauren Wright Pittman, a visual artist Pray Please allow me to care for my own family with the same kindness and warmth that you show to us all.
What Language Did Jesus Speak?
Assuming, as most academics do, that Jesus was a genuine historical man, there has long been controversy about the events and conditions of his life as described in the Bible. In particular, there has been considerable debate in the past over what language Jesus used while he was a man living during the first century A.D. in the kingdom of Judea, which is now located in what is now the southern portion of the Palestinian territory. WATCH: JESUS: A HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE Vault The topic of Jesus’ favourite language was brought up at a public meeting in Jerusalem in 2014 between Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel’s prime minister, and Pope Francis, who was visiting the Holy Land at the time.
- Netanyahu, speaking to the Pope through an interpreter, declared: “Jesus was here, in this country.
- ‘Aramaic,’ he replied, referring to the ancient Semitic language that emerged among a group of people known as the Aramaeans about the late 11th century B.C.
- According to the Washington Post, a dialect of it is still used today by groups of Chaldean Christians in Iraq and Syria, but in a different form.
- with an Aramaic inscription that reads “James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus” on the lid.
- Photograph from the Biblical Archaeology Society of Washington, DC (Courtesy of Getty Images).
Despite the fact that both the prime minister and the Pope were likely correct in their interpretation of the language, the news of the linguistic difference made headlines. WATCH THIS VIDEO: What Did Jesus Look Like?
Jesus Was Likely Multilingual
The vast majority of religious academics and historians agree with Pope Francis that the real Jesus spoke primarily a Galilean dialect of Aramaic during his lifetime. By the 7th century B.C., the Aramaic language had spread far and wide, and it would eventually become the lingua franca throughout most of the Middle East as a result of trading, invasions, and conquering. According to scholars, it would have been the most widely used language among ordinary Jewish people in the first century A.D.
Netanyahu, on the other hand, was technically accurate.
Hebrew was the language of religious experts and sacred books, notably the Bible, in the ancient world, similar to how Latin is used now (although some of the Old Testament was written in Aramaic).
In the first four books of the New Testament, the Gospels of Matthew and Mark both record Jesus speaking in Aramaic vocabulary and phrases, but in Luke 4:16, he is portrayed reading from the Hebrew Bible in a synagogue (Matthew 4:16; Mark 1:11).
Alexander the Great Brought Greek to Mesopotamia
Alexander the Great is a historical figure who reigned from 323 to 323 BCE. Getty Images/CM Dixon/Print Collector/CM Dixon/Print Collector Other languages spoken at the time of Jesus were Aramaic and Hebrew, as well as Greek and Latin. Following Alexander the Great’s conquest of Mesopotamia and the remainder of the Persian Empire in the fourth century B.C., Greek became the official language in most of the region, displacing other languages in the process. As early as the first century AD, Judea was a province of the eastern Roman Empire.
- According to Jonathan Katz, a Classics lecturer at Oxford University, Jesus was unlikely to have known more than a few phrases in Latin at the time of his death.
- I am certain that he did not speak Arabic, which was a different Semitic language that did not arrive in Palestine until well into the first century A.D.
- As is likely the case with many multilingual persons, the language in which he spoke varied on the context of his words as well as the audience to whom he was addressing at the time.
- Is there any further evidence?
Jesus Speaks (1 of 2) – Sermons & Articles
Jesus Never Stops is a television series. 13-35 (Luke 24:13-35) Good morning, Cross Church, and to all of my friends. Please turn to Luke 24 in your Bibles. During this time of reading the final chapter of Luke 24, I’d like to encourage you to participate in a tremendous time of prayer two Sundays from now. I’m asking our congregation to join me in praying for spiritual awakening. Personal awakening. for our church to awaken, and for our nation to awaken are all important goals to achieve. On Sunday, April 17, there will be no sermon, but rather a moment for us to express our gratitude to God.
- Because redemption is now more accessible to us than it was when we first believed” (Romans 13:11).
- Let us come together at all of the morning worship sessions and implore God to anoint His people with new anointing on their foreheads.
- Sometimes the most significant things in the universe slide past us while we preoccupy our thoughts with other, less important topics.
- She is unsure of who she will be able to count on as a friend in a new school.
- Our thoughts are focused on the demands of the day, but no one is concerned about this adolescent.
- Many years ago, two individuals were walking down a road with their hearts sank to the bottom of their stomachs.
- These men came dangerously close to missing one of history’s most important moments.
I want you to have a personal moment of worship this morning, and that is my goal for you this morning.
15 As they were conversing and debating with one another, Jesus himself approached and joined them.
He asked them, “What is this dialogue that you are having with each other while you walk?” they said, “I have no idea.” And they remained still, their faces dejected.
19 And he inquired of them, “What are they?” “Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, a man who was a prophet great in action and speech before God and all the people, 20 and how our top priests and rulers brought him over to be sentenced to death and crucified him,” they explained to him.
Yes, and on top of everything else, it has now been three days since these events occurred.
They arrived at the tomb early in the morning on the 23rd, and when they were unable to locate his body, they returned, claiming to have had a vision of angels, who informed them that he was still alive.
He then remarked to them, “O ignorant ones, and slow of heart to believe anything the prophets have told you!
” 27 And, beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them the truths concerning himself that were written in all the Scriptures.
He pretended to be going farther, 29 but they begged him to stay with them, saying, “Stay with us, because it is late in the day and the day is nearly over.” So he moved in with them for a while.
31 After that, their eyes were opened, and they realized who he was.
32 Their hearts were burning within them as they chatted to each other on the journey and as he opened the Scriptures to them.
33 And they woke at the same time the next morning and returned to Jerusalem.
(See Luke 24:13-35 for more information.) Preparation for the Sermon This is one of the most beloved stories in the entire Bible for many people.
Along the process, we’ll watch Jesus go from being a stranger to becoming a guest, and finally to becoming a friend.
Jesus was a Stranger, and this was a poignant walk beside a Stranger1.1 We are not informed that there was a second person on the road in addition to Cleopas.
Was it a family member or a friend?
Throughout the tale, we are kept on the edge of our seats, waiting for the two to ultimately figure out who the mysterious visitor is.
1.2 What a stroll!
When you witness their reaction when Jesus is ready to leave, you can get a sense of the strength of this talk: “but they pressed him earnestly, saying, ‘Stay with us.” You can get a sense of the power of this conversation when you see their reaction when Jesus is about to leave: (See Luke 24:29.) Surely, these two would have continued walking with their unknown friend for another seven kilometers.
- They didn’t want the chat to come to an end because it was so enjoyable.
- A monarch would gladly give up his throne in exchange for a stroll with the Savior like the one these two took.
- Then, filled with excitement, he goes out and sells all he owns in order to purchase that field” (Matthew 13:44).
- In the days before His resurrection, He would have only been available to one location at a given moment.
- I’d want to use this opportunity to remind you that Jesus enjoys walking beside you, His children.
- A young girl is devoted to the Lord, but her mother passes away within months of her marriage.
- They have Jesus, but they don’t have Jesus anymore.
When Jesus is not present, a believer’s spirits are always depressed.
There were two people in this room who were missing Jesus.
Their devotion to Christ was evident even after He had “disappeared” from their lives.
They are well-versed in theology, but they are lacking in doxology.
“The church has been transformed into a religious pillow.
Despite the fact that they had witnessed Jesus walk on water and summon dead men from tombs, they continued to refer to Him in the past tense.
Despite their fears that Jesus had not risen from the grave, they continued to be His disciples despite their concerns.
Despite the fact that their faith was flawed, they were steadfast in their convictions.
), they were unapologetically proclaiming themselves to be disciples of Christ.
They were perplexed, to be sure.
But I’m not going to give up on Jesus.
When things go rough, you need to have persistent faith.
1.5 Insufficiency of sight “However, their gaze was deflected from recognizing him” (Luke 24:16).
Jesus is here, yet He is unnoticed in this place.
Is it possible that the Lord is physically present with you even though you aren’t aware of his presence?
Do you think they would have seen Jesus if they had been EXPECTING to see Him?
Was it possible that they were walking to Emmaus in the assumption that Jesus was still alive and roaming the earth?
Then there was the matter of their ignorance.
They were blind because they failed to recognize Jesus as He was clearly stated in Scripture.
An engrossing conversation with a guest After their stroll with their mystery guest, they were about to come to the conclusion of their sacred talk.
He pretended to be going farther, 29 but they begged him to stay with them, saying, “Stay with us, because it is late in the day and the day is nearly over” (Luke 2428-29).
What would have happened to these two if they had not persuaded Jesus to stay?
What I can see is the two people across the table from me questioning one another, “Why didn’t we insist on him staying?” Because they lacked the consolation that the stranger provided, these two would have spent a restless night tossing and turning in their beds.
Remember, we are aware of what others are not aware of – we are aware of Who the Stranger is.
We must hold him until further notice.
2.2 What to Do When God Is Difficult to Understand Some of you are no longer the ecstatic believers that you once were.
Some of you are suffering as a result of a dreadful period of sorrow.
It is Your Presence that melts my heart more than anything else.” Unbelief does not allow the Lord to take up residence.
The world does not perceive any beauty in Him, and home after house closes its doors in protest of His existence on the planet.
Please come into my house.
Abraham’s journey to Mamre “O Lord, if I have won favor in your eyes, please do not let your servant pass by.” 4 Please have some water brought and wash your feet beneath the tree, 5 while I bring you a piece of bread so that you may refresh yourself, and after that you may proceed-since you have arrived at your servant’s house.
- Manoah and the Angel are two characters in the book of Manoah and the Angel.
- 16 As a result, the angel of the Lord told Manoah, “If you detain me, I will refuse to dine at your table.” When you prepare your burned sacrifice, however, you must present it to the Lord.” (Because Manoah was completely unaware that he was an angel of the Lord.) 15-16) (Judges 13:15-16).
- In the event that you don’t have any more of Him, it is because you do not desire any more of Him.
- What about the story in the gospels where the blind men had to scream even louder in order for Jesus to stop?
- Often, God will not come to you until your desire is quite strong.
- Do you constantly looking for Him, or do you only ask once and go on?
- There are financial considerations that prevent Jesus from being present.
Make certain that your heart is not a block of ice that is indifferent to the warm emotion of Christ’s love.
The times you spend in His presence will be the most joyful times of your whole life.
Nothing should put you in a position where you are unable to say, “Stay with us, for it is late in the day and the day is nearly over.” Remember that they let a stranger into their home since they had not yet realized that it was Jesus who they were welcoming.
For them to leave this stranger to continue traveling without providing him with a place to stay was cruel: “For I was hungry and you fed me, I was thirsty and you provided me with water, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.” (Matthew 25:35; Mark 10:45).
A Rebuke (2.4) In response to their question, he answered, “O stupid ones, and slow of heart to believe anything the prophets have declared” (Luke 24:25).
“He prunes every branch in me that does not give fruit, and he removes every branch in me that does bear fruit so that it may bear more fruit” (John 15:2).
2.5 Lessons Jesus Taught And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them the things concerning himself that were written in all the Scriptures.” (See also Luke 24:27) You have to understand that there has never been a better school, a better Teacher, or a better explanation than the one provided by these two on that particular day.
- “You seek the Scriptures because you believe that in them you will find eternal life, and it is they who bear witness about me.”, says the Lord.
- As they travelled with this stranger, they sat at the feet of the Lord and were re-established as the Master’s followers.
- A Delightful Meal with a Special Friend 3.1 The Big Unveiling In the presence of the disciples, he took the bread and blessed it before breaking it and distributing it to them.
- Afterwards, he was no longer visible to them” (Luke 24:30-31).
- Can you tell me how many Goosebumps they have on their skin when they put it all together?
- 3.2 They Had to Inform Others of Their Situation And when they saw Him, they couldn’t keep it a secret any longer.
- After walking or running seven miles, they didn’t even take a moment to sit down before walking or running another seven miles.
It is your responsibility to inform people whenever and whenever the Lord appears to you – even when it is uncomfortable to do so.
He was born on July 12, 1739, in the year 1739.
This young guy was born into a family of nine children to Hezekiah and Dorothy, who raised him as their own son.
Despite this, this young guy and Yale graduate had a tremendous desire to know and serve God.
It was a completely new inward perception or view of God that I had; it was something I had never experienced before, and it was something of which I had no recollection.
I had no particular perception of any one person of the Trinity, whether it was the Father, the Son, or the Holy Spirit, but it looked to me that I was seeing heavenly splendour and brilliance at that moment.
My soul was so captivated and delighted with the excellency, the loveliness and the greatness and other perfections of God that I was even swallowed up in him, at least to that degree that I had no thought, as I remember at first, about my own salvation or scarce that there was such a creature as I.” That guy was David Brainerd, whose journal was published in 1749 and has never been out of print throughout the over 300 years span of time.
- ”Come near to God, and he will draw near to you” (James 4:8a) (James 4:8a).
- The needle of our heart is constantly pointing in the direction of true north.
- It is necessary to stir the embers with a coal when one is placed near the fire.
- You would have traveled to a different continent in order to catch a glimpse of Christ.
However, for many people, any excuse will suffice. Where has your affection for Him gone? What is it about Him that makes your heart so cold? If you would like to hear additional sermons from this series, please visit SermonSearch.com.
Jesus Speaks – Daily Bible Devotional
With the Jesus Speaks mobile app, you may get daily Bible verses that Jesus truly delivered to you through your mobile device. Have you ever pondered what God would say if He were to speak out loud? What would He say if He were to speak out loud? Every day, by reading some of the verses that He, Jesus, truly uttered through Jesus Speaks, you may discover more about Him. In addition, you can quickly share the daily Bible passages with friends and family via Facebook or email using the Jesus Speaks app.
- This reminder function may be programmed to display daily reminders at a time of your choosing on a daily basis to assist you in maintaining a regular daily reading schedule.
- – Occasional commentary is provided to keep you interested in a particular Bible verse pick.
- – A number of different translations are available.
- In addition, your bookmarked verses/commentaries will automatically sync across all of your iDevices via your iCloud account if you have one.
- In the hope that the Jesus Speaks mobile app would be a blessing to you and that it will assist you in deepening your connection with God by paying special attention each day to some of the words that He, Himself, uttered, we created the Jesus Speaks mobile app.
- A significant UI upgrade!
Ratings and Reviews
When I read something in the Bible over and over and over there is something new that sticks out it’s like the Bible comes to life if you let it continue to ask God for wisdom strength courage as we go through these trying times and just remember, if you see the light, chase after it, chase after Jesus, don’t stop chasing after Jesus, and if you feel the light, chase after it, chase after Jesus, don’t stop chasing after Jesus and if you see the light, chase after it, chase AMEN, AMEN, and AMEN!
iam sad the app is not working.
Despite the fact that this app has been a part of my morning routine for a few years, its functionality has recently been compromised. As a result, I am writing to the author to express my concern for his health and well-being as well as my request that God provide him with everything he requires to continue to share the word of God so beautifully.
He will be greatly missed for his efforts in promoting God’s message, which are not only much appreciated, but also greatly missed! God’s blessings be with you. zēk†∝
No Details Provided
When the developer submits their next app update, they will be obliged to include information about privacy practices.
SelleriDelata, LLC is a limited liability company. Size68.6 MBCompatibility with other operating systems iPhoneIt is necessary to have iOS 7.1 or later. iPad iPadOS 7.1 or later is required for this feature. iPod touchIt is necessary to have iOS 7.1 or later. Mac It is necessary to have macOS 11.0 or later installed on your computer, as well as an Apple M1 chip. Rating for those above the age of four iDelata, LLC has copyright protection for the year 2013. In-App Purchases are free of charge.