How to Get Closer to Jesus
Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded The deeper we grow in our relationship with Jesus, the more resilient and content we become in the face of life’s trials.Sometimes in life, you may not have that special someone to encourage and push you on, but when you have a radical closeness with Jesus, everything in your life appears to just fall into place and fit together seamlessly and effortlessly.Acquiring a closer relationship with Jesus is a continuous journey.You will come to know Jesus as you begin your quest to understand the Word of God.And it is through Jesus that you will be able to contact the Father.
- 1 Recognize that you have been specifically summoned. You must understand that this ″hunger″ is fueled by the Holy Spirit, which you must acknowledge. ″For it is God who works in you, both to will and to act in order to accomplish his good purpose,″ Paul writes in Philippians 2:13. The Holy Spirit is not only calling you to God’s Word, but He will also equip you with the comprehension of that Word, as He says in John 14:26, which reads: Rather, the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will instruct and remind you of all that I have spoken to you. 2
- 2 Make a commitment to Jesus. Serve others in order to serve God. Join a reputable Christian church and make a commitment to it. Join a group that you can contribute to and that will allow you to serve God. Listening or watching sermons and reading books are good places to start. Your pastor’s sermon, which will include references to important Bible scriptures, will help you grow in your relationship with God even more. As you listen, make relevant notes for later reference and pay close attention to the context in which the sermon is delivered. Promotional material
- 3 Set aside some time to go over the texts with a critical eye. Get a Bible (select a translation in a language that is simple for you to grasp) and read through the scriptures listed above. Pray that God would provide you comprehension of the scriptures and that the Holy Spirit will grant you the capacity to recall what you’ve learned from them. You are not required to read them all at once, especially if there are a large number of them. Even while you read the texts, the Holy Spirit provides the necessary comprehension.
- Refer to the source material thoroughly to understand the entire context. As you read more frequently, you should devote more time to reading the entire Chapter, and occasionally even the chapter before or after it. This is due to the fact that many scriptures are stated in context and therefore reading just one verse may be insufficient. You are not required to memorize right immediately
- instead, focus on improving your reading and comprehension skills. 5Take some time to reflect on the message. It is critical to retain the message contained within the verse and the chapter. Take a poem and scribble it down on a sheet of paper to remember. Keep that Word in your mind until your next Bible study session. Simply said, meditating on the Word means to think about it and what it could mean or how you might use it in your life. Bible studies can take place as frequently as you desire and for as long as you are ready to put in the time to read.
- 9 Begin to inquire about the Word by posing questions. Inquire with your friends, the priest at your church, and during Bible studies at your church. Discuss the scriptures that you have read with your group of friends. You will learn about other scriptures that your friends are familiar with, and you will get a better grasp of your own scriptures.
- Don’t be concerned if you’re having difficulties. Be patient and allow God to work in your life. Christianity arose out of the need to provide solace to those who were in distress. Keep in mind that God loves you and will never leave you or forsake you. You may always turn to Jesus for assistance and advice, no matter what scenario you find yourself in. Combining your Bible reading with practical application is a good idea. Pray while you read, and once you have finished reading, apply what you have learned in your life so that God’s Word becomes alive to you as you obey His instructions. Follow the teachings of the Bible. Don’t add anything to it or take anything away from it––what is in the Bible was intended to be in the Bible. Advertisement
- 1Spend quality quiet time with Jesus to become closer to Him. Reading various gospel-oriented literature, listening to devotionals, or even listening to Christian music may all be part of your quiet time. Simple things like taking some time out to sit and reflect on specific verses or sections from the Bible would qualify as quiet time. It’s really simply a matter of separating yourself from the rest of the world and communicating with God that you are waiting for him. So spending quality solitary time with Jesus will undoubtedly bring you closer to Him. 2Go to church on a regular basis. Any church will do as long as it is Bible-based and preaches the truth as long as it is a church. Try to participate in the mass as much as possible while you are in attendance at the service. During hymns, join in with your heartfelt singing
- during scripture readings, pay close attention to the words and concentrate on them completely. Being involved in church can result in you learning more and feeling closer to Jesus as a result of your involvement. 3Consider receiving the sacraments. If you belong to a church that offers sacraments (such as the Roman Catholic church), speak with a priest about the possibility of obtaining the sacraments. In addition, before you begin each one, research what it means and how it will improve your relationship with Jesus. Prepare yourself for your first communion (getting Jesus’ body) or Confirmation (confirming that you will follow Jesus) by remembering and praying to him in the days leading up to the event. Make a point of reading your Bible (as stated in the last step). read the book of genesis The Bible has been given to you by the Lord for a variety of purposes, one of which is to help you learn to know Him better. So take advantage of the fact that you have this wonderful book with you by reading it and enjoying it. Make an effort to follow the directions He has provided in the Bible as well. Analyze how each verse or chapter may be applied to your own life as best you can. For example, Psalm 46 verse 1 declares that ″God is our shelter and strength, a very present help in times of distress.″ So the next time you sense problems forming at your place of employment, school, or college, you may look it straight in the eyes and say this verse loudly to calm the situation. Your relationship with Jesus will undoubtedly improve as a result of this, and you will sense His presence in you.
5 Prayer is a great way to communicate with Jesus.You are a beloved child of God in the eyes of Jesus.He cares about you no matter what difficulties you are through.Tell him what you’re up to, what you’re planning, why you’re depressed, what you require, and so on and so forth.He is your biological father.He just wants what is best for you, and he wants you beyond everything else!
Make him your one-stop shop for everything, and you will feel closer to him within days.He desires for you to pray in the Spirit as well as in the mind, and He desires for you to pray for other people in order for them to repent and be cured of their sins.Advertisement
- Question Add a new question Question How do I get my thoughts away from the things of this world in order to create a stronger relationship with Jesus? Increase your time spent reading the Bible, attend church services regularly, form friendships with individuals who are good Christian role models, and pray without stopping.
- Concerning the Question Why is it that when I draw closer to God, I find myself drifting back into my old life after a period of time? You revert to your old behaviors since we are all sinners who are prone to committing sin again and again. Seek for an accountability buddy who can assist you in maintaining your new behaviors.
- Concerning the Question Is it possible for me to spend some peaceful time at the beach? Yes, without a doubt! Going outside and taking in the sights and sounds of nature is a wonderful way to grow closer to Jesus.
- Concerning the Question What is it about praying that makes me cry? Because the Holy Spirit has made an impression on your heart. When someone thinks of their love for God or God’s love for them, it’s not uncommon for them to shed a tear or two. It indicates that your faith is strong.
- Concerning the Question As a result of following the verse in which Jesus said, ″Love your neighbor as yourself,″ what should I do if I feel like I’m being taken for granted? Despite the fact that it is admirable to love others as Jesus loves us, we must also remember that we were created in the image of God and that we are His beloved, and as such, we do not deserve to be taken for granted. If you find yourself in a position where someone is taking advantage of you on a regular basis, love that person from a distance by praying for them, and appreciate the person God has created you to be as a result of your circumstances.
- Concerning the Question What should I do if it appears that getting closer to Jesus is proving difficult? Visit with a believing friend and ask for prayer on behalf of the group. Allow yourself to spend time alone with Jesus, just listening to praise music, with the purpose of not attempting to grow closer to Jesus, but believing that you are already near. Maintain your faith by reminding yourself that Jesus is ALWAYS there and always eager to get near to you, and that this sensation of distance and difficulty is only an emotion. What is it about God that makes me feel like he isn’t listening to me? He does pay attention to what you have to say. God will always be there for you, no matter what. This is something I’ve considered, and God has shown to me that he is there for me. Never doubt that God isn’t listening to what you have to say. He does listen to you, He loves you, and He has blessed the world by sending his Son, Jesus Christ, just for YOU.
- Question How can I maintain my concentration when reading the Bible and praying? While reading the Bible, try to clear your mind of all thoughts. Go to a remote location where you will have complete privacy. Just like though you were in the middle of a study session. Make sure you have a pen and paper handy to take notes. Be a student of God’s Word
- ask probing questions. I believe I am saved, but I continue to do all of these awful things. What is it that makes me feel this way? We are still sinners, for this reason. Yes, we have been rescued
- nevertheless, we are also being saved and will continue to be saved.
- You are feeling this way because you desire a closer relationship with Jesus – the article will assist you in this. What is the best way to pray? Make use of the acronym ″ACTS″ to your advantage. This is an acronym that stands for adoration, confession, thankfulness, and intercession. Declare your love for God, confess your faults, express gratitude for His benefits, and ask for something you require.
- More information can be found in the following answers: Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome. Make sure your prayers are heartfelt.
- Remember to always abide by God’s word since the rapture will occur when you least expect it
- no one can predict the exact moment or hour, so prepare accordingly.
- Increase your exposure to Christian individuals. Instead of listening to commercial music, try listening to Christian music. Rather of being in the city, spend time in nature.
Being glued to your phone at all times. Set a time limit and pray humbly for the presence of the Holy Spirit. Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement
About This Article
The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 142,779 times.
12 WAYS TO GET CLOSER TO GOD RIGHT NOW
The following easy recommendations will serve to remind you that growing closer to God is only one tiny act away, whether you are searching for a higher purpose in life, are a new believer, or have been a follower of Christ for a long time.Spend some quality time with God today, and you will be rewarded and invigorated as a result of your efforts.1.Make yourself as quiet as possible.Take a moment to turn off the radio and television, walk away from the internet and put your phone away, and find a peaceful place to simply relax in God’s presence.2.
Take time to read your Bible.Passages, verses, phrases, or sentences that call to you should be underlined, highlighted, or written out.These are the kinds of presents that keep on giving when you need a little boost of confidence down the road.3.Make a list of your prayers in a special notebook; they can be for someone else or just for yourself.
After that, spend some time in prayer.4.Take a stroll and have a conversation with God.
Your emotions should be shared as well: what is upsetting you, what makes you grateful for, and your goals and dreams.He is attentive.5.Spend time in prayer and meditation on Scripture.Choose a verse or a short chapter and read it many times, then ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you about what you have learned in the context of what is now happening in your life, while you are reading.
6.Put on some praise music and allow yourself to be completely immersed in the tune and words.Sing along, dance, or simply sit back and listen.Allow the Holy Spirit to work in your life.7.
Take a moment to marvel at the world God has made.Take a walk in the forest, sit by a bubbling stream, watch a mother bird feed her young, or take a trip out to the country for a picnic with friends and family.Allow yourself to get immersed in the experience.8.Write down what God has been communicating to you about today in your journal.
- Tell someone about what God has done for you, whether it’s a friend or a relative.
- Being a witness is a great instrument for our own spiritual development, and it is also pleasing to the Lord.
- Do something nice for someone else without expecting anything in return for your efforts.
- WORKING AS A VOLUNTEER WITH A CHILDREN’S OUTREACH MINISTRY 11.
Make use of the abilities that God has given you.If He has called you to create something, then go ahead and do it.In the event that He has called you to administer, you must do so.
- If He has called you to be a shepherd, then go forth and do it.
- Move quickly.
- Fasting provides mental clarity, and when paired with any of the other practices listed above, you have the possibility for a life-changing encounter with God.
- BONUS: Remember to be thankful.
- Every day, take stock of your benefits and express gratitude to God for them.
Subscribe to my newsletter by filling out this form.By clicking here, you can read my follow-up piece, 10 Reasons Why Your Relationship With God Is The Best Relationship You Will Ever Have.By clicking here, you may read the most recent piece in this series, 14 Bible Verses to Lift Your Spirit During the Pandemic, which is the fourteenth in the series.You may listen to ″Holy Spirit,″ which was nominated for a national award, by clicking here.
- You may follow me on Instagram by clicking here, and on Facebook by going to this page.
Question: “How can I get closer to Jesus?”
Answers from the Bible…We will not be separated from God’s love, which is shown in Christ Jesus our Lord, by any means of separation, whether it by height or depth or anything else in all of creation (Romans 8:39).When it comes to our connection with Jesus, He desires for us to be extremely intimate and personal with Him.He has a personal relationship with each of us and loves us more than He loved His own life, which he gave up on the cross in a horrible death for our sake.To become more intimate with Jesus – 1.Have a conversation with Jesus You can communicate with Him at any moment.
Talk to Him in the same way that you would talk to others.Dissertations about your employment, feelings, and ambitions are encouraged, as is the submission of any Bible or spiritual concerns you may have.Everything in your life should be shared with Jesus.2.Open up your heart to Jesus and tell him what’s on your mind.
As you engage in everyday conversation with Jesus, you will find it easier and easier to reveal more and more of your innermost thoughts, feelings, and soul to Him.Your relationship will get stronger as time goes on, and you will find it easier to be entirely honest with Him, to be intimate and near to Him.3.
Express your affection for Jesus.During the course of the day and throughout your life, you will express your gratitude to Jesus for all of the amazing things He has done for you, and your friendship with Him will grow in closeness, passion, and love.4.Take Jesus’ hand in yours and enjoy some alone time with Him.Assume that Jesus is standing next to you.
Consider the image of yourself clutching His hand.Why?Because, just as you envision yourself holding His hand, He is physically present with you, holding your hand as well.And as you continue to practice His presence, you will begin to sense His presence more intensely.5.
Express your love for Jesus with all of your heart and soul.Worshiping Jesus is the same as loving Him.It is possible to realize that Jesus is present in your worship and praise, that you are becoming closer to Him, and that you are becoming one with Him as your worship and praise progresses.6.Spend time reading and studying the Bible.
- Read and study the Bible as much as you possibly can, and ask Jesus to assist you in growing in your love for the Bible.
- As you read the Bible on a regular basis, you will gain a better understanding of Jesus’ character and develop in your knowledge and love for Him.
- Take pleasure in spending peaceful time with Jesus.
- Spend some time alone with Jesus, just sitting quietly in His presence, and you will find peace.
- Your life will be transformed as a result of this calm and private time with God.
Imagine that you are holding His hand and that you are both at the beach, or overlooking the city, or in a wonderful garden, or by a lovely waterfall, or perched on the crest of a mountain, enjoying the view.With imagination, there are no boundaries; and because the Lord knows everything, he knows precisely what you are thinking, and because He makes His presence tangible to you, you will never be alone again.Because it is a peaceful time, put off your phone, your music, and your television, and enjoy your time developing in Christ.
- As a result, we become closer to God as we spend more time simply sitting in His presence, worshipping Him, and thanking Him from a sincere and pure heart.
- The next section is titled ″Who am I in Christ?″ Get Bible Answers at BibleAnswers.org.
5 Ways to Grow Closer to Jesus
What makes it easier to get through the bad days in life when things get difficult?Do you have a friend or loved one who lives nearby?Do you want to call your mother or a close friend?In Mark 4:35-41, the disciples made an even better discovery than they had anticipated.They discovered how to get more intimate with Jesus and why this is so important in our life.One night when they were sailing across the Sea of Galilee, a violent storm swept in from the north.
The boat they were on was tossing and spinning, and it seemed like it was about to capsize.They clung to one another and all pitched in to save the boat from certain destruction.Even that, though, was insufficient.It wasn’t until then that they discovered they had Jesus on board.They had the One who could genuinely save them from the storm and offer them with the ultimate consolation and serenity in the midst of their tempest: Jesus.
As they cried out to Jesus, he came to them and calmed the storm with a single word.On that particular day, as the darkness arrived, Jesus told his followers, ″Let us cross to the other side.″ They left the mob behind and sailed away with him in the boat, exactly as he was at the time.He was accompanied by a number of other vessels.
A violent squall sprang up, and the waves smashed over the boat, causing it to be almost completely submerged.Jesus was asleep on a couch near the stern of the ship.″Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?″ the disciples said when they roused him from his sleep.He sprang to his feet, rebuked the wind, and commanded the seas to ″Quiet!″Stay still!″ After that, the wind went down and everything became perfectly peaceful.
The Pray Deep Prayer Cards will help you to deepen and inspire your prayers!Take advantage of a FREE set of printable prayer cards that outline 16 different methods to pray right now!″Why are you so terrified?″ he inquired of his disciples.″Do you still have a lack of trust?″ They were scared and exchanged questions with one another: ″Who is this?″Even the wind and the waves bow down to his will!″ (Mark 4:35-41 New International Version) What are your thoughts?
Do you have Jesus so near to you in your heart and mind?Is he beside you in the midst of your life’s storms, near enough to call on when you’re in trouble?Having a personal relationship with Jesus and keeping him close is critical for navigating the storms of life with calm and confidence.Always there there for you, waiting for you to open the door and let him into your life.
How to Get Closer to Jesus and Invite Him Into Your Boat
1) Read the Bible
If you want to grow in your relationship with Jesus, you must first understand his narrative.So go ahead and pick up a Bible and begin reading.Build your understanding of biblical narratives and concepts by making it a habit to read the Scriptures on a consistent basis.Start reading the Gospels if you want to understand the tale of Jesus’ time on earth.Move on to the New Testament to observe how his work continued in the early church, and then back again.Don’t forget to read the Old Testament as well, for his tale begins there and is intertwined throughout the whole of the Bible.
2) Study the Bible
Join the hordes of followers and disciples who have gathered to learn at Jesus’ feet.Explore the Bible in greater depth, studying the chapters and gaining new information and insights.Participate in a Bible study group at your church or in your neighborhood.This is an excellent method to get started in your studies and to further your understanding, as well as to interact with a community of like-minded individuals.You can also do your own Bible study on your own time.For those who aren’t sure where to begin or who would want to discover some new methods of studying the Bible, this study on 7 methods of Bible study will be quite beneficial.
3) Pray and Spend Time in the Presence of Jesus
Prayer is extremely important, as Jesus demonstrated time and time again.He woke up early every morning, no matter how long he’d worked the day before or how weary he was.He prayed.God’s son, Jesus, needed to spend time in prayer, as did everyone else.He utilized his time in prayer to talk to his father, seeking direction, support, and guidance, as well as to keep his heart in tune with God’s will and will of others.Prayer is also quite important in our life.
Prepare for prayer by scheduling time in your day and making it a habit to pray every day.
4) Serve and Love Others
Jesus committed his life to helping and loving others, particularly those who were most in need – the outcasts, the unloved, the ill, the destitute, the orphaned, and the widowed – and those who were most vulnerable.When you are connected to the people Jesus loved and served, you are more likely to be near to Jesus himself.Get out into your neighborhood and provide a hand to those in need.
5) Worship and Fellowship with Other Believers
The disciples lived, studied, and served in close proximity to one another.In this community of believers, they felt a strong sense of belonging to one another.It was in this community that they were able to establish deep roots of faith, encouraging and supporting one another, growing their faith, and replenishing their spirits after pouring out their hearts to others in need.Find a church and get active in the activities there.Worship, fellowship, and service in the community are all encouraged.
Will You Invite Jesus Into Your Boat?
What action plan do you have for this week to become closer to Jesus?Is it going to be your intention to open your Bible and begin reading?Do you want to dive into a Bible study?Do you want to spend some quality time in prayer?Are you interested in becoming more engaged in your church?Do you want to help others?
This week, I encourage you to take one step closer to your goal.Begin with a single step, then another, then another, and so on.You will grow closer to Jesus step by step, and you will always have him by your side when life becomes difficult.
Learn to Trust God and Find His Peace & Strength in the Storm
Are you now experiencing one of those stormy seasons? Having a longing for Jesus to speak a word into your situation to quiet the storm and restore peace to your heart? When you learn to trust God, you will be able to find calm and strength even in the midst of storms. Click here to begin the 4-week Trusting God devotional, which will teach you how to Trust God During a Storm.
15 ways to Get closer to Jesus
This is not a list of things to do such as ″pray, study the bible, and pray some more.″ Praying is quite important.It is critical to maintain an ongoing conversation with Jesus.It is vital to read and eat from His written word, which may be found in the Bible.This list provides a solution to the issue of how to become a little more aware of Him while undertaking these valuable and vital activities.I’m going to start with a short and easy list that requires the least amount of explanation, and then I’ll go into more detail about the list.1 I’m trying to be as still as possible and block out any distractions.
I begin to place my attention on Him rather than on myself.I have come before the supreme being of the universe.I cuddle up to you.Consider the image of a youngster curled up in its parent’s arms.2 – Fear Him I have a high regard for the person I’m speaking with.
This isn’t just some random person on the street, however.It is, in fact, Jesus.He is the one to whom I owe everything.
3 – Express gratitude to Him.When I’m feeling distant, this is difficult.Look back and remember all of the wonderful things He has done.There’s got to be something out there.On this day, I am grateful to God for helping me get out of bed early enough to spend quality time with Him.
4 – Take pleasure in Him This is a statement regarding attitude.When I am playing with folks I enjoy, I have a good time.5 – I will seek Him with all of my heart.I understand what it takes to be sincere in one’s search.When my wife asks me to get something out of the cabinet, such as some oregano, this is an example of insufficient searching.
When I open the cabinet, I don’t see it, therefore I report that I haven’t been able to locate it.When I misplace my vehicle keys or mobile phone, this is nothing compared to the situation.Believe it or not.I’ll track them down.Even if I don’t get the job, I will find someone who will.
- I will continue to seek and get despite any obstacles that may arise.
- 6 – Be in Awe I really like this term.
- I believe it has something to do with reverence and dread of God, but to me it means more about enjoying nature, such as visiting the Grand Canyon or even a sunrise and being overwhelmed by its beauty and grandeur.
- I’m not suggesting that you go witness a sunrise right now, though it wouldn’t be a horrible idea.
- With this type of reaction, I’m urging you to look to Jesus.
- Isn’t He a sight to see and majestic?
7 – Have faith that He is present.Believe that He is coming to meet me and that He is drawing me closer to Himself in this process.- Have faith that He hears me.
- Have believe in yourself.
- Put your faith in Him.
- Psalm 4:3 (KJ2000) 3.
- Be aware, however, that the LORD has chosen those who are godly for himself, and that the LORD will hear my voice when I call out to him.
- 8 – Repent (do not sin) What have I done that has caused my estrangement from the Almighty?
- 9 – I must humble myself.
Psalm 4:2 (KJ2000) ″2 O you sons of mankind, how much longer will you allow my glory to be sullied?How long will you be devoted to vanity and zealous in your pursuit of deception?″Salaam.″ 10 – Be truthful with yourself.
- The King James Version of Psalm 4:2 reads, ″2 O you sons of men, how long will you turn my glory into shame?″ how long will you love vanity, and seek after falsehood?
- ” A freind of mine admitted that He likes smoking and does not want to quit.
- I think this is a great first step.
- God can work with that.
- How does this apply to getting closer to Him?
- Admitting that I feel far away.
- Admitting that I need Him to open my heart and deliver me from myself and this world.
- 11 – God loves me.
- Recall the wonderful things Jesus has done for me.
- 12 – Praise Him.
- Who praises better than David?
- Try reading some Psalms.
- Ps 54:6 (KJ2000) ” 6 I will freely sacrifice unto you: I will praise your name, O LORD; for it is good.
- ” 13 – Unbox Him.
- Go back to being still if distractions are occuring.
- Humbly admit my wrong ideas.
- Seek Him not for what He can do but for who He is He is bigger than my concept of Him.
14 – Love Him Love God with all my heart.Love Him more intimately like song of songs.He is our groom and we are His bride.
This is the most intimate human connection and God is more intimate than that!15 – Rest.This whole list seems a lot like the Sabbath.Rest in Him.
- Let Him direct me.
- Decide to conform to Him.
- Taking Him in.
- Eating His flesh and drinking His blood.
- Stop working accept grace.
- Let Him do it.
- prayer: ‘Thank you Jesus for guiding me.
- You are the love of my life.
- You are my best friend and lover.
- I am sorry that I drift and wander.
Be strong in me to curb my wandering and keep me close.You are life to me and the purest water.You are my bread that keeps me alive.Thank you for bridging the gap between me ane you more and more each day.Thank you for time together,’ Expansion:
Being still is difficult. First I realize that I am a sinner and in need of a Savior. I can’t even quiet my own brain. I need Jesus.
Nevertheless, I discovered this in Exodus 15:16 (KJ2000): ″ 16 Fear and terror shall descend upon them; by the grandeur of your arm, they shall stand still as stone; till your people pass through, O LORD; until the people pass over, who are your possession.″ When I looked at the paragraph more closely, I discovered several other beautiful facts.Exod 15:1-2 is a biblical passage (KJ2000) This song was sung before the LORD by Moses and the children of Israel.Moses said, ″I will sing to the LORD, because he has triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider have he cast into the sea.″ God is my strength and song, and he has become my salvation: he is my God, and I will create a place for him; my father’s God, and I will exalt him.″ ″The LORD is my strength and song, and he has become my salvation.″ ″4 Pharaoh’s chariots and his troops has he flung into the water; his chosen leaders are also drowned in the Red Sea,″ says Exod 15:4 (KJ2000).When you extended forth your right hand, the ground swallowed them up, according to Exod 15:11-12 (KJ2000): ″11 Who is like unto you among the gods?who is like you, magnificent in holiness, frightening in praise, performing wonders?″ In Exod 15:11-20 (KJ2000), it says, ″11 Who among the gods is like unto you, O LORD?who is like you, magnificent in holiness, fearsome in worship, accomplishing wonders?
12 You extended out your right hand, and the ground swallowed them up.″ 13 You have brought the people whom you have rescued out into the open, and you have guided them in your might to your holy habitation.14 The people will hear, and they will be terrified; sadness will overtake the people of Philistia.15 Then the rulers of Edom will be startled; the great men of Moab, trembling in their boots, will grasp hold of them; and all the residents of Canaan will vanish into thin air.Fear and dread will descend upon them, and the might of your arm will cause them to stand still like stones, until your people pass through, O LORD, until the people whom you have purchased pass over.17 You are to bring them in and plant them on the mountain of your inheritance, in the place, O LORD, that you have prepared for you to live in, in the Sanctuary, O LORD, that your hands have built.
You are to do this immediately.18 The LORD will reign for all time and in all places.19 As a result, when the horse of Pharaoh entered the sea with his chariots and riders, the LORD sent the waves of the sea upon them once again; nevertheless, the children of Israel crossed across on dry ground in the midst of the sea.
20 And Miriam the prophetess, Aaron’s sister, grabbed a timbrel in her hand, and all the women followed her, clapping their hands and dancing with timbrels in their hands.” ″4 Psalms 4:4-5 (KJ2000)″ Stand in amazement, but do not transgress; sit on your bed and communicate with your own heart; and be silent and quiet.5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and place your confidence in the LORD.″ Selah.On the subject of humility.It is true that I am unworthy of His love, yet He nevertheless holds a great regard for me.
The overall conclusion is as follows: It’s the equivalent of going to my grandmother for a hug.I remember one great grandma in particular, who was a gigantic woman with a huge lap, and who could carry three children at the same time.While kissing you, she would almost certainly slobber on your face.I recognized her as Ukrainian, albeit she had what seemed like a Polish accent.But it was when she held me that I really felt it.
I had the impression that I was the most important person in her life.I had a strong sense of being adored.Even now, I am grateful for these hugs because they filled me with an unseen power that never dies and only becomes stronger with each passing day.’Jesus, thank you very much for the embrace today.Please keep me in mind throughout the day.
- ‘I’ll follow you.’ I have opted not to expand on every thing on the list, despite my desire to do so.
- I’ll give some other texts for you to consider later.
- Luke 12:34 (NIV) (KJ2000) ″ 34 After all, where your treasure is, there is also where your heart will be.
- Jesus said in Luke 7:47 (KJ2000), ″47 Therefore I say unto you, Her faults, which are numerous, are forgiven; for she loved much; but to whoever little is forgiven, the same loves little.″ She loved much.
- Ephesians 2:13-22 (KJ2000) Don’t be too harsh on yourself.
- As a result, there is no need to condemn.
The Bible says in Romans 8:1 that However, do not allow yourself to be unfairly convicted.(See also Luke 18:13) This is a misconception that I have wrestled with for a long time, the idea that I do not require a savior.Jesus is my personal savior.
4 Ways to Come Closer to Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ is not just the Savior of the world, but He is also the Savior of your particular life.He gave his life in the name of all mankind, but He also died in the sake of you.He is the only genuine source of love, peace, and pleasure in the world.You have a right to know for yourself that Jesus Christ is alive and loves you and your family.If you want to understand more about Jesus and grow in your relationship with him, try these four simple activities.Learn everything you can about Jesus if you want to become closer to Him.
In the Scriptures, we learn about Jesus Christ and the gospel that He preached.It is possible that you will experience the love that Jesus has for you while you read the scriptures.We may learn from both His example and His words because both the New Testament and the Book of Mormon offer firsthand accounts of Jesus Christ’s earthly mission, which we can learn from both His example and His words.Church is the ideal setting for growing in one’s relationship with Jesus Christ.It serves as a haven away from the tumult and distractions of the outside world.
Your willingness to follow Jesus is demonstrated by your worship of Him and attendance at church sessions.Others who are attempting to follow Jesus Christ can also assist you in learning more about Him through this method.According to the Scriptures, Jesus Christ ″went about doing good″ all of the time (Acts 10:38).
He was always willing to provide a helping hand.He spent a lot of time with the ill, the suffering, the sinners, and the less fortunate people in society.He was a teacher, a healer, and a lover to everyone who came to Him.When we seek to serve people in the manner that Jesus did, we learn more about Him and become more like Him..If you love me, you will obey my commands, Jesus stated (John 14:15).
Following the teachings of Jesus Christ demonstrates our affection for Him as well as our desire to be in His presence.He believes that his gospel is the only path to reach real pleasure and tranquility in this life as well as the next.If we make an effort to live a decent life and repent when we fall short, we will feel closer to God and more aware of His love for each of us.Visit with Missionaries to learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ
How to Build a Relationship with God
We are born with an insatiable yearning to love and be loved by others.That is why our personal connections are important to us and why we are willing to sacrifice our time and energy to ensure that they remain healthy.We get more out of our connections with family, friends, and associates when we have effective two-way communication and give excellent service to them.The same may be said for one’s connection with God.It is important to distinguish between our ties with God and our relationships with the people in our life.For example, those individuals may appear to be more accessible.
Even while we may not be able to converse with God on a one-on-one basis, we may individually have a deeper and more loving relationship with Him than we can with anybody else.
Talk to Him through Daily Prayer
Communication is the most effective means of establishing and maintaining a connection with anybody, including God, and prayer is the most effective means of communicating with God.God is eager to hear from you, and He is always willing to hear what you have to say.He wants to know about your day, what you are grateful for, and how He may be of assistance to you.He wants to hear from you.″Never presume that you will be able to make it on your own,″ Gordon B.Hinckley once stated.
You are in desperate need of the Lord’s assistance.Never be afraid to go down on your knees in a quiet location and talk to God.He will never disappoint you.Praise be to God for what a great and wonderful thing prayer is.Consider the implications of this.
We have the ability to communicate with our heavenly Father.″
Read the Scriptures
Quality talks do not take place in a vacuum.Each individual takes the necessary time to speak and to listen.Having said that, are you willing to be on the lookout for answers to your prayers?According to Richard G.Scott, his experience with receiving divine direction was as follows: When confronted with a really tough situation, this is how I attempt to comprehend what I should do.I am a quick walker.
I pray that I will be able to locate and comprehend verses that will be beneficial.That procedure is circular in nature.Beginning with a chapter of scripture, I reflect on what the text means and pray for inspiration.After that, I contemplate and pray to see whether I have grasped what the Lord has asked me to accomplish.When one’s comprehension of theology grows, it is common to have greater impressions.
Do you ever question if what you’re experiencing or hearing is really from God or from your own mind?You may be confident that everything that motivates you to get closer to Jesus Christ and conduct your life in accordance with His teachings is a gift from God.
Serving others is one of the most effective ways to display your devotion to God.If it appears to be paradoxical, keep in mind that God is a loving Heavenly Father who is concerned about His children.We show our appreciation for one another when we share His love with one another.This tale of a group of guys who have dedicated years of their lives to helping a single lady in need may encourage you to do the same.At first, the guys were hesitant to provide a hand, but as time went on, they discovered that being unselfish not only made God pleased, but it also made them happy.
How to Seek the Presence of Jesus Christ in your Life
Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded If you wish to find life in this gloomy world, you may do so by turning to Jesus Christ. In prayer, He will personally direct you to the truth in your life and reveal His reality if you simply seek Him with all of your heart and soul. This essay will assist you in getting to know Jesus and developing a personal connection with him. –
Steps Download Article
- 1Drop your worldly way of life and fall to your knees before God, pleading for help. People are leading a worldly lifestyle that corresponds to their individual hopes, objectives, and desires. Some people also suffer from depression, fear, and anxiety, which can make their lives extremely difficult
- however, if you are humble and cry out to Jesus, as well as repent (which means to reject evil and turn away from your sins in your heart completely), he will hear you, speak to you, and assist you. But first and foremost, you must place Jesus at the center of your life and actively pursue a relationship with Him
- only then will you be able to recognize His voice. If you want to receive Christ’s love, you must be willing to open your heart.
- 2 In prayer, seek Jesus’ guidance. Cry out to Him, and he will hear you and respond if you are sincere in your prayer. You must ask Jesus to save you and forgive you of your sins, and to wash you whiter as snow, but you must not return to your sins once you have received Jesus’ forgiveness. In order to pray to Jesus, you must repent of your sins and make the decision to put Jesus first in your life. Jesus will give you peace, a profound peace, and the depression and the gloom will just go from your life in the blink of an eye. Promotional material
- 3 Wait for Jesus to come up to you and speak to you. The Holy Spirit will communicate with you as you come closer to Him. He will demonstrate to you how you must abide with Him, place your trust in Him, and abandon your way of life. To be serious, Jesus will demonstrate that you must abandon your own way of life and pick up your cross in order to follow Him! He will demonstrate to you that no sin can enter the kingdom of heaven, and that only by repentance and the establishment of a personal connection with Him, which is real faith, can we be washed clean and enter the narrow gate of eternal life! We must repent of our sins, and if we make errors, Jesus will tell us that he would forgive those as well, if we repent and stop doing them. However, we must not go back to our old ways of living in sin, otherwise we will be lost and end up in Hell if we die in our sins. This is something that Jesus discusses in the Parable of the Sower. Listen carefully and allow Jesus to reveal the truth to you. Many people have perished in hell as a result of their failure to repent and seek to know God when it was too late. As Jesus remarked in John 5:39, many people do not desire to have a connection with Him because they would rather continue living their lives in the manner of this world, or by putting dubious teaching on particular verses in scripture, rather than seeking Him for genuine in prayer and commitment. If you want to find Jesus, you must pursue Him as if He were a real person, because Jesus is alive and has risen from the dead
- he is reigning as King in heaven, and he can hear and communicate to us. He will come soon for those who have accepted Him as their King and Saviour and have remained true to Him. Read the words of Jesus in the Bible and follow them, especially the exhortations contained in the writings of the Apostles, to the letter. You will be justified as a result of your faith, and he will record your name in the Book of Life, which is kept in heaven. In the name of Jesus Christ, the Messiah, submit to water baptism and pray for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Because God will give you the Holy Spirit, who will empower you with divine authority to carry out His plan on earth and guide you. The most typical indicator of acquiring this gift is the beginning of speaking in other tongues, which is one of the many gifts that the Holy Spirit will bestow upon you. Then you will be able to pray in different languages, as the Bible confirms. Due to the fact that it is the Holy Spirit praying through you, this prayer has tremendous power. As the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 6:2, ″Today is the day of salvation.″ Advertisement
- Question Add a new question Question What is the best way to ask Jesus for forgiveness? You just beg for forgiveness in the same way that you would ask for forgiveness from another person whom you have offended. Close your eyes and find a peaceful location to pray so that you can communicate with him. Inform him of what you did and why you believe you did it, and express your regret that you made a mistake. Pray for forgiveness and guidance on how to be and do better in the future.
- Concerning the Question Even though I’ve been a Christian for ten years, I haven’t been able to give up my worldly lifestyle. What steps may I take to be a decent religious person? Make a prayer about it and ask God for guidance. Refrain from giving in to worldly temptations
- recite scripture to assist you in this. Solicit the assistance of some Christian friends or a pastor in your prayers, and spend your time with them rather than with anybody who may be a negative influence on you.
- Concerning the Question What is the response of Jesus to my prayer? Jesus will respond to your request in your spirit, and depending on the petition, his responses may or may not be seen in your life.
- Concerning the Question What is the best way to tell whether Jesus has forgiven me? There’s no need to be concerned about whether or when Jesus will forgive you
- there’s no need to be concerned about whether or when.
- Concerning the Question Is Jesus a person who accepts everyone? No matter what your circumstances are, Jesus will accept you just as you are. If you desire to have a connection with him that is always increasing, he will cleanse you of all your sin.
- Concerning the Question I genuinely want Jesus to be a part of my life, and I want to repent with all of my heart, but I keep falling back into my old habits and failing. What can I do to put a stop to this? You are not need to be in a flawless, sinless state at any point in your life in order to embrace Jesus as your savior. It is possible to be saved if you really believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and ask Him to forgive you.
- Concerning the Question Will Jesus be able to tell if I’m in pain? He’s constantly aware of when you’re in distress. He has experienced agony himself as a man, and he understands what it is like to be in pain. He is always aware of what is going on in your life.
- Question How can I get back on track with Jesus if I’ve become spiritually destitute? You should weep your heart out, be immersed in water, and genuinely seek Him. Turn away from your sin and repent. Remove yourself from the presence of anybody or anything who is a source of negativity in your life. Follow in the footsteps of Jesus’ teachings.
- Ask questions. What is the best way for me to seek out Jesus if I am not a Christian? Become acquainted with some Christian friends, engage in a discussion with them about Jesus, and request that they accompany you to church and to seminars or retreats where you may learn more about Jesus. What is the best way to recognize whether Jesus is protecting me? Jesus is always there to protect you! This is an opportunity for you to put your faith to the test
- all you have to do now is trust that Jesus is keeping his promise to you by safeguarding you.
More information can be found in the following answers: Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome.
- Testimonies of those who have experienced the presence of Jesus in their life are available to read.
- To become a new believer, you must first acknowledge that you are a sinner, then repent of your sins, and ultimately forsake your sins in order to discover Jesus. Following the completion of these stages, you become a member of God’s family.
- Do you wish to know whether or not God exists? If you are truly serious about finding God, there is one surefire way to do it. And that is to begin crying out to Him on your knees or with your face before Him in adoration and worship. Make a sincere request for His forgiveness, and place your faith in His son Jesus, who was sent to bleed His blood for your sins so that your past will be closed, the door to your past will be closed, and you may begin afresh on a new, fresh path in life. You may do this by following the guidance of Jesus and having the rules of God engraved on your heart by God so that you can follow them!
- You won’t only find Jesus in a church or in the Bible
- Jesus is alive and well, and He is ready to talk to anybody who seeks to hear from Him on the inside. The Bible states, ″Seek and you will find, because all who seek will find, and all who knock will be answered″
- ″Knock and the door will be opened,″ he adds.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement
About This Article
The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 272,347 times.
How to Stay Close to God Even when Nobody Else Is
Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded Have you ever pondered how you could maintain your faith while everyone else seemed to be losing theirs? Perhaps your pals are engaging in activities that you believe your loving God would disapprove of. You may maintain your religious morals and religion without distancing yourself from your social circle.
Steps Download Article
- Preserve a solid and stable relationship with your God so that you do not stumble when others are falling. Even if adhering to your religious beliefs may become more challenging throughout middle and high school as peer pressure develops, you can have an impact on your other friends and classmates who are engaging in immoral behavior.
- 2Do not be scared to say ″no″ to someone. Consider the following scenario: your buddies are going to a party to drink. You tell yourself that you will just hang out with the individuals who aren’t drinking and that you will still be able to enjoy yourself at the party. That is definitely not something you want to experiment with. When you arrive at the party, you may notice that all of your closest friends are drinking, and you may consider partaking in a bit yourself. Consider whether or not you want to be in a position like the one described above. Advertisement
- 3Remind yourself of your beliefs before engaging in any encounter that may lead to immorality. Advertisement
- You have the option of praying or conversing with God. Which course of action would s/he recommend you take in this situation? It is sometimes preferable to refrain from participating in an activity entirely. Other times, you will be able to maintain your moral principles even while others may be acting unethically. You’ll have to make up your own mind about it. 4Know when it’s time to call it quits with your buddies. Keep in mind that a good friend will support and respect your decisions. Make an assessment of whether or not what they’re attempting to push you to do would result in a lasting compromise of your morals. Sometimes it’s preferable not to have your buddies around since they might be negative influences. Other times, maintaining the affection and support of your friends will be well worth it, even if you have to say ″no″ or disagree with them on some issues from time to time. Respect their values, and if they are truly friends, they will also respect yours in return. Consider the situation and determine if your confused friends will be beneficial or detrimental to you in the long run.
- 5Be confident in your own skin and your religious beliefs, even if you aren’t the most popular person at your school. Some people are unable to comprehend the word ″no.″ Assemble a group of individuals that are supportive of you and your decisions. Wear something to remember you that God is always there for you and that you should take the time to listen to him, as well as something to remind you to express gratitude to him. Wearing a bracelet, an unique ring, or a necklace might help you feel more confident.
- Make use of the number 7 and/or three 7s for ″God″ and ″The Trinity″ to be conscious of God’s blessing and faith – but not for luck (and certainly not for magic)
- Question Add a new question Question How can I maintain my attention on God when confronted with a very unpleasant situation? Keep praying to him and having trust in him! Doing activities like prayer, fasting, and reading the Bible, even if they seem difficult, can help you feel better in the long run. Additionally, having a leader at your church with whom you can communicate and pray is always beneficial. What if I’m bullied because I’m attempting to maintain a close relationship with God? When someone says anything to you, just smile and respond with the words ″Jesus loves you.″ Continue to be faithful to God and to pray to him. He will be there for you at all times.
- Concerning the Question My friends dislike me when I am religious or just devoted to God, and this is especially true when I am alone. They consider it to be out of date. What should I do in this situation? Perhaps it is time to make some new acquaintances. As a Christian, I am well aware of the difficulties that others might throw at you, but God is always first. Demonstrate to them how you are different from everyone else so that they would desire to emulate your behavior. Whenever they bring up the subject of God, remind them that you respect God and that you take him seriously, and that you would enjoy it if they would reciprocate. Read 2 Timothy 1:18 and Proverbs 18:24 before answering the question. What should I do in the case of someone who is a source of irritation? (There is a scratching sound on the record.) Answer from the Community Try to find an opportunity to draw them aside and inform them that they have crossed the line and that they might face financial disaster if they continue in this manner. Then provide your religious guidance as a technique of rehabilitating the individual.
- Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome. Read the scriptures that are pertinent to your faith, such as the Bible, and then pray or reflect on God’s message.
- Join local religious organizations and establish some acquaintances who hold similar values to your own. These people may be of assistance to you in these situations, even if they are in hazardous regions of the world.
- Discover methods to take pleasure in the principles that your faith preaches. It is possible to have a good time without compromising your values!
- Whatever your religious affiliation (if you have one), most will have a timetable that details when, what, and where you should be. Most churches provide a range of activities in addition to their regular services, such as a prayer meeting, men’s Bible study, or a gathering for young adults.
- Whether you already attend a church or are looking for one, find out what services it provides. In order to obtain this information, it is advisable to visit the office during regular business hours.
- If you’re not familiar with the location, phone books are the greatest place to start looking for information.
- Take some quiet time to think about things.
- Make sure you schedule time for it.
- Watch spiritual channels on television and listen to spiritual programs on the radio.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement
- Max Stuart Hall and Andy Stanley have a question about how to be influential without being influenced by them.
- Help! Doug Fields has designated me as a Student Leader. No matter if you are not a student leader, it will benefit your spiritual development.
About This Article
Thank you to all writers for contributing to this page, which has been read 52,576 times so far.
10 Best Ways To Stay Connected To God Daily
Anyone might claim to be a Christian, but not everyone can claim to have a personal connection with God, according to the Bible.Between being religious and having a personal relationship with God, there is a significant distinction.An adherent of religion engages in religious activities but is estranged from God, whereas an individual who has a personal connection with God is always linked to God.For those of you who have been struggling to keep connected to God, I’m going to reveal the top ten strategies to stay connected to God on a daily basis in this article.Employ the advice in this article to establish a close, profoundly personal, and long-lasting connection with God, our Father.A disclaimer: This post may include affiliate connections, which means that if you click on one of the links, you will be compensated.
If you make a purchase after clicking on the link, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you.Thank you for your support.The complete disclosure may be seen here.
WHAT DRAWS US AWAY FROM GOD?
Please return to the Garden of Eden for a moment.Genesis 3:8–10 (KJV) They also heard the sound of the Lord God strolling through the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife took refuge behind the trees of the garden to avoid being seen by the Lord God.9.Then the Lord God called to Adam and inquired of him, ″Where have you disappeared to?″ Consequently, he stated, ″I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was scared because I was nude; so I went and buried myself.″
GOD’S INTENTION & PURPOSE
Rather than placing Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden to merely enjoy the beauty and fruits of the land, God placed them there to have direct access to God’s presence through the tree of knowledge of good and evil.He placed them in that location with specific aim and purpose.The Garden of Eden provided Adam and Eve with an ideal environment in which to develop, grow, and sustain a personal connection with God.There were no obstacles in the way of God’s connection.
THE WEIGHT OF SIN
However, when they sinned (see Genesis 3), their connection was irreparably damaged.Scripture claims that they no longer want to be in the presence of the Almighty God.They were embarrassed by their transgression, but instead of confessing it to God, they chose to remain silent.That is exactly what sin does – it causes us to feel ashamed and causes us to stray away from God on our own.The fact that Adam and Eve wanted to hide from God was not due to God accusing, condemning, or rejecting them.However, the weight of their wrongdoing and the remorse they felt forced them to withdraw from His presence.
WHERE ARE YOU?
As a result, when God came up to them, the first question he asked was, ″WHERE ARE YOU?″ When we begin to wander away from God, he cries out to us and asks, ″Where have you gone?″ God wants to know where you are right now, regardless of where you are, what state you’re in, or what condition you’re in.Are you in close proximity to or far away from my presence?Is it true that you’re related to me?He does not ask for this in order to condemn you, but rather in order to bring you back into His presence.God desires for us to be connected to Him, even when we feel unworthy of such a con