Lyrics for I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe – Songfacts
- I can only fathom what it will be like when it happens. While walking by your side, I can only speculate as to what my eyes may behold. When your face is in front of me, I can only wonder what you are thinking. I can only image what it would be like What will my heart feel like when I am surrounded by Your glory? Will I dance for you, Jesus, or will I stand motionless in awe of You? Will I be able to stand in your presence or will I be forced to my knees? Will I be able to sing hallelujah? I have no idea whether or not I will be able to talk at all. I can only image what it would be like I can only fathom the day when I find myself standing in the Son’s presence. I can only envision the day when all I would be able to do is stand there forever. I can only fathom what it would be like to adore You for the rest of my life. I am surrounded by Your magnificence. What will the emotions in my heart be like? Will I dance for You, Jesus, or will I remain silent in awe of you? Will I be able to stand in your presence or will I be forced to my knees? How many hallelujahs will I sing and how many words will I be able to say I can only fathom I can only image what it would be like hi there, ya ah What will my heart feel like when I am surrounded by Your glory? Will I dance for You, Jesus, or will I remain silent in awe of you? Will I be able to stand in your presence or will I be forced to my knees? Do you think I will be able to sing hallelujah? Do you think I will be able to talk at all? I can only imagine. I can only fathom what you’re going through. Yeah, I can only fathom what you’re talking about. I can only image what it would be like ey ey ey ey ey ey ey ey ey ey ey ey I can only image what it would be like I can only fathom a time when all I will do is adore You for the rest of my life. I can only imagine Bart is the author/s of this piece. Marshall Millard is an American politician and businessman who was born in a small town in the United States. ESSENTIAL MUSIC PUBLISHING is the publisher. Licensing for and provision of lyrics byLyricFind
THE MORNING TRUMPET (Oh when shall I see Jesus), by The Roots Worship Collective
B. F. White’s Sacred Harp (B. F. White, 184485) is the tune. John Leland wrote the words in 1793. 7s and 6s on the meter (7,6,7,6) Oh, when will I behold Jesus, and rule with Him in the heavenly realms, and hear the sound of the trumpet in the morning? And from the ever-flowing spring, drink everlasting love, and will you wake up to the sound of the trumpet in the morning? Chorus: Shout, oh glory, scream! Because when I hear the trumpet blow in the morning, I will ascend to the heights of the sky.
And with my wonderful Jesus, I’ll drink in unending delights, and I’ll wake up to the sound of the trumpet in the morning.
With the help of grace I am resolved to overcome, even if it means dying; and then I will soar away to Jesus on the wings of love; farewell to sin and sorrow, I tell them both farewell!
When you are confronted with difficulties and tribulations along the path, throw your worries on Jesus and remember to pray.
Oh, do not be dismayed; Jesus is your Friend; and if you are lacking in understanding, He will not refuse to lend you what you require.
Do you want to see Jesus? ~ The Bible Speaks to You
The man at the Pool of Bethesda was healed by Jesus (pottery tiles by Lynn Eastin) I was talking with a buddy the other day about the Bible, and we were exchanging some thoughts on how various individuals live their lives and the difficulties we all encounter on a regular basis. Despite the fact that he is a very sincere Christian, this individual has stated to me on numerous occasions that, in light of all the problems in the world and the struggles he is currently experiencing personally, he is looking forward to dying sooner rather than later, being resurrected, and seeing Jesus face to face.
- And this isn’t the first time he’s made such a snide observation.
- Apparently, he is not the only one who longs to gaze Jesus in the eyes.
- Every Sunday, our small group of book salespeople would gather for an informal church service in the parking lot of the bookstore.
- I long to behold the face of my Savior.
Hallelujah! We sung it as a circle about five or six times, in three or four part harmony, and then we sang it again. It was a really touching experience. Every time we sang it, we could feel the honesty and sincerity with which this profound, passionate longing was expressed.
Why do we think we have to die before we can see Jesus?
This thought of seeing Jesus face to face has taken on a slightly new meaning for me now, many years after it first occurred to me. In addition, it has arisen from chatting to a buddy who is just interested in dying: “I can’t wait to see Jesus,” he says on a regular basis. When his mother passed away a little more than a year ago, this sense of loss grew even more intense for him. He prayed that he would die and join her in paradise. They were within striking distance of one other. He had never been married before.
- And, of course, he would have the opportunity to meet Jesus.
- I am pleased to report that he has understood that, despite his mother’s death, he can still make a significant contribution to society.
- It has given him a new sense of purpose in life.
- It’s what a lot of folks look forward to every day.
There’s a much better way to see Jesus
Jesus came so we could have life, and that we might “have it more abundantly,” as the saying goes. (John 10:10 King James Version) He never stated that we would have to die before we would be able to see him. In fact, I’m becoming increasingly certain that death is not the only way to go to paradise. You can only get there by putting forth the effort! Your everyday walk and speak should reflect the love of Christ; so should your thoughts and actions toward others. You should also follow Jesus’ teachings.
- He emphasized over and over that the kingdom of heaven is near and within reach of everyone of us.
- There is no one-size-fits-all solution to this problem.
- When we hear those words from Christ, we want to believe it.
- (Matthew 25:21, King James Version) However, simply seeing Jesus is not the complete solution to our deepest longing.
- This group includes a significant number of scribes and Pharisees.
- When they were caught in a storm, they were terrified, despite the fact that they could see him sleeping in the back of the boat.
- It is not just about seeing Jesus, but also about understanding who he is.
- The parable of the sheep and the goats has undoubtedly been told a thousand times, but I’m going to use it to illustrate my point anyway.
- Their eyes are opened by Jesus, who reveals to them that every time they did anything to aid their brethren, they were actually doing it to him.
- However, it was not as shocking to the “goats,” people who had not served their fellow man by visiting them in jail, feeding them, or providing them with clothing and other necessities.
Their complaint was that they had never seen Jesus and hence were unable to serve to him. When asked about this, Jesus stated emphatically, “Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did not it to one of the least of them, ye did it not to me.” (Matthew 25:45 King James Version) Ouch!
How many times have you walked right past Jesus and not helped him?
It’s something I’ve done several times. But I’ve become better over the course of the years. I am more open to reaching out to the homeless. On a weekly basis, I am involved in prison ministry. I have a real affection for all of humanity, and I strive to carry that sentiment with me when I leave the comfort of my own house. Sometimes, following a chance contact with someone on the street or in prison, I realize that I have just experienced a “Jesus moment.” I have a strong sense that I have ministered to him in some way.
- You may go ahead and do it if you hear yourself thinking, “I simply want to see Jesus.” There’s nothing that can stand in your way.
- Everyone should be treated with the same respect that you would show Jesus.
- You, on the other hand, can do it.
- He’s merely dressed up as a homeless person or a sick person for Halloween.
- You may also attempt this with your family, especially with the members who appear to be dependent or difficult to love.
- Do you believe that becoming a Christian simply entails putting your own life in order first?
It ultimately boils down to love.
If you love Jesus, you will also love your neighbor as yourself.
Right now, in fact.
I’d be interested in hearing your comments.
What A Day That Will Be
WHAT A SPECTACULAR DAY IT WILL BE There will come a day when there will be no more heartaches. There will be no more clouds in the sky. There will be no more tears to blur the eye. On that beautiful golden coastline, there is nothing but tranquility. That will be a magnificent day, to say the least.
What a day it will be when I finally get to see my Jesus face to face. When I look into His eyes, I see the one who, by His grace, saved my life. Whenever He takes my hand and brings me to the promised land, I will be grateful. That will be a magnificent day, to say the least.
There will be no more sorrows and no more responsibilities to bear over there. There will be no more illness and no more anguish over there. There will be no more separating over there. And I shall be with the one who gave his life for me for the rest of my days. That will be a magnificent day, to say the least. What a day it will be when I finally get to see my Jesus face to face. When I look into His eyes, I see the one who, by His grace, saved my life. Whenever He takes my hand and brings me to the promised land, I will be grateful.
What a day it will be when I finally get to see my Jesus face to face.
Whenever He takes my hand and brings me to the promised land, I will be grateful.
SDAH 448: O, When Shall I See Jesus
It’s going to be a fantastic day. Coming soon will be a day when there will be no more heartaches; there will be no more clouds in the sky; there will be no more tears to darken the vision. On that beautiful golden coast, there is no more conflict. The day will be lovely, what a glorious day it will be Oh, what a day it will be when I finally get to see my Savior. When I look into His eyes, I see the one who, by His grace, saved my life. In the event that He brings me to the promised land, I will be grateful.
- And I shall be with the one who gave his life to save mine for the rest of my days.” The day will be lovely, what a glorious day it will be Oh, what a day it will be when I finally get to see my Savior.
- In the event that He brings me to the promised land, I will be grateful.
- When I look into His eyes, I see the one who, by His grace, saved my life.
- The day will be lovely, what a glorious day it will be
Reference to the Bible (a) 15:52; Rev 21:6 (b); 10:23 (r); 1 Thess 4:17; John Leland is the author of this work (1754-1841) Melvin West’s Copyright Arrangement was created in 1984 and is protected under copyright law. The theme is EARLY ADVENTURE. Tune for a Hymn THE MORNING TRUMPETMetrical Number184.108.40.206.Arranged in the morning Melvin West (1930-)Source of Tune: Sacred Harp, 1844Year of Composition: 1984Composer: Melvin West
In the Bible, it says (a) 1 Corinthians 15:52; Rev 21:6 (b); Heb 10:23 (r); 1 Thess 4:17; John Leland is the author (1754-1841) Melvin West’s copyright arrangement was created in 1984. APRIL ADVENTURES ARE THE THEME Music for a hymn TRUMPET FOR THE MORNINGMETrical Number: 13:11:11:11Arranged Tone Sourcefrom the Sacred Harp, 1844Year Composed1984Melvin West (1930-)Tune Composed1984
“When I See That Cross I See Freedom”
You’ve probably heard a song a million times, but every so often you’ll hear words that you’d never noticed before in the music at a random moment of inspiration? That was my experience tonight, during a Wednesday night worship at a local church in town. Every month on the first Wednesday of the month, itown church has a worship service lasting one hour. There is an interval halfway through the worship section, during which communion is served, and then the worship portion resumes. This evening, I had an overpowering sensation of solidarity and oneness that was almost otherworldly in its intensity.
- It was really wonderful.
- The presence of the holy spirit was evident.
- It is one of those life experiences that you can only have once in order to be able to recreate the experience later in life.
- My favorite song, and I’ve liked it for quite some time, took on a whole new meaning for me today, and I wanted to share it with you.
- Before, it was usually a garment that I wore to strike up a discussion with others.
- I wore it to provide an opportunity for me to offer my testimony or to give others the opportunity to hear theirs.
- To be very honest, I wear it mostly for its fashionable appeal.
As Christians, we fall short of the mark.
I’ve done things that I’ve regretted, felt embarrassed about, and felt like I’d sinned against God.
When we claim to be followers of Christ but live in this world, the people around us are quick to criticize us and to condemn us.
I’ve had to deal with this and may continue to do so for the rest of my life as a result of some terrible, selfish, and worldly decisions I’ve made in my life.
Even if we were pure and devoid of sin, the cross we see today would be completely meaningless to us.
Jesus died in order for him to save us from our sins.
He gave his life for you.
We no longer have to carry the load of shame or the heartache and disappointment that comes with sin because we have a compassionate heavenly parent who has relieved us of that burden.
In order for us to be able to walk alongside the lowest of the low and step by step with them in order to aid them in their search for him, he did it.
Now, when I look down at my chest, I see the word “liberation.” With the knowledge that the load of my sin has been lifted by the same cross that my chain depicts, I am free to live and to love without reservation.
There are two options available to us.
Given that we’ve gotten away with it several times previously, we may rationalize our behavior and continue in the course we’ve chosen.
I no longer wish to live according to the dictates of the flesh.
I want to be able to freely follow him. When you see a cross, what comes to mind in your life and in your heart is what you should do with it. Freedom and optimism may be found in a variety of places. Leave a remark in the section below!
When We See Christ
Apart from the fact that it was composed in 1941 and that it is an old American hymn, I have been unable to locate much information on the history of this hymn online. It talks of the Lord Jesus’ second coming, which will occur in the future. Esther Kerr Rusthoi wrote the lyrics and composed the music. Many times the day seems long, our troubles seem unbearable, and we’re tempted to grumble, to mutter, and to despair; yet Christ will soon arrive to take His Bride away, and all tears will be forever forgotten in God’s everlasting day.
- We must fearlessly run the race until we reach Christ’s arrival.
- Despite the fact that we are being thrown and forced on, there is one in heav’n who understands our innermost concern, Allow Jesus to fix your situation – all you have to do is go to Him in prayer.
- The tempter will be expelled, and we will be relieved of our load.
- Listen to the podcast in a new window or download and print it.
- At 9:25 p.m.
- mand is categorized as a hymn.
- You have the option of leaving a response or creating a trackback from your own site.
All the songs Official Site of Negro Spirituals, antique Gospel Music
-A – All of God’s chillunggot wing is available. Despite whatever I do, the church continues to grumble. A brief conversation with Jesus I’m not going to waste any time. Nobody is going to be able to turn me around. I don’t have enough time to die. Isn’t that encouraging news? Amen Amen Amazing grace Amen Amen 2 – B -Babylon is on its way down Before Babylon falls, there was a time when I’d rather be a slave than a free man. Heavenly rays of light (some day) Gabriel, blow your trumpet! On the way to Canaanland I was sneered at and humiliated.
- Why aren’t you able to live in humility?
- Jesus, please come here.
- NEWSONG Comedown Come along with me on this journey.
- NEWSONG Deangel, please roll the stone away.
- The ol ark is on the move.
- Desebones gwine has risen once more.
- Did you hear what I said?
You must not allow anyone to turn you around.
By the river’s edge, on the other hand Do you remember me, lord?
Bones that are dry2 Bones that are dry Zekiel (Ezekiel) saw the wheel on number three (Ezekiel).
BRAND-NEW SONG Every time I sense the presence of the ghost 2 – F -Free at long last Free at long last 2 – G -Get away Jordan 2 – G -Get away Jordan Give me Jesus, please.
Please provide me with that old-fashioned religion.
Awe-inspiring praise and thanksgiving Moses, please come down.
NEWSONG I received my letter.
Will be yelling all over God’s heavenly realm.
His attention is focused on the sparrow.
NEWSONG Holdon Keep the wind at bay.
NEWSONG Holybaby I will be able to detect thee.
BRAND NEW SONG – I – I’m having trouble with my mind and I can’t stay behind because I heard from heaven today and I’m not going to grieve my Lord any longer.
NEWSONG I’m free and looking for a city because I couldn’t find one anywhere else.
I’m going up, I’m a-going to be a member of the band NEWSONG Anyhow, I’m grateful that trouble doesn’t last forever.
I have to go for a walk through my lonely valley.
Istood on the river of Jordan I’vebeen a listenin all right long I’vebeen buked and i’ve been scorned I’vegot peace like a river I wantJesus to walk with me I want to be ready In brightmansion above In dat greatgittin Indat great gitting up morning Is there anybodyhere – J -Jesus on thewaterside Joy to the world Johnthe Revalator Johnsaw John sawthe holy number Joshuafit de battle of Jerico Jubilee NEWSONG Judgment Judgmentday is a rolling around – K -King Jesusis a listening Keep me from sinkingdownNEWSONG Kumba yah come bye here – L -Let the churchroll on Lift everyvoice and sing Listen to thelambs Little David play on you harp Live a humble NEWSONG Lord,until I reach my home LordI can’t stay here by myself LordI done done – M – Marchdown to Jordan Marching round selma Marching up theheavenly roadNEWSONG Mastergoing to sell us tomorrow Maryand Martha Mary’s boy child Maryhad a baby Membersdon’t get weary NEWSONG Michael row the boat ashore Mos'(almost) done toiling here NEWSONG Myship is on the ocean NEWSONG Myway is cloudy Mylord, what a morning Mygood lord’s done been here – N -Nothingbetween Nomore auction block for me Nobodyknow de trouble I see Nobodyknow de trouble I’ve had Nobodyknow de trouble I’ve seen Nobodyknows who I am BRAND-NEW SONG Nobodyknows de trouble Now let me fly – O -OMary don’t you weep O rocksdon’t fall on me Old zion’schildren marching along NEWSONG Ohfreedom Oh, Peter,go ring them bells Oh, sinner, getready O mother don’t you weep BRAND-NEW SONG Ohwhat a beautiful city Oh, wasn’t that a wide river Oh,yes On my journey, MountZion Onemore river to cross Open the window noah – P -Pass me not Peacein the valley Poor me NEWSONG Poormourner’s got a home Pray on – Q — R -Roll theold chariot along Roll on Rolling in Jesus’arms Roll Jordan roll Rock my soul Rock of ages NEWSONG Riseup shepherd and foller Ride one king Jesus Ride on Moses Rise shinefor thy light is a coming BRAND-NEW SONG Rise up, shepherd,and follow Riseand shine Run, Mary, run Run, mouner, run – S -Sweet Canaan’shappy land Swing low, sweetchariot Scandalized my name Standstill Jordan Stand by me Soo none morning Soon a will bedone Singing’ wid a swordin ma han’ Sinnerplease don’t let this harvest pass Slavery chain So glad So gladI’ve got the stone Shout for joy NEWSONG SometimesI fell Some of these day NEWSONG Stealaway and pray Steal away toJesus Study war no more Sunday morning band NEWSONG Swinglow sweet chariot – T – Thank god i’m on myway to NEWSONG Takemy mother home Thisold time religion This maybe the last time This littlelight of mine Tellall the world john NEWSONG There’sa meeting here tonight There’sa meeting here tonight There is a landof pure delight Thereis a balm in Gilead The gift of god NEWSONG Theold sheep know the road Theblind man stood on the road Thegospel train There’sgreat camp meeting To my father’s house Troubledone bore me down Travellingshoes Tryin’to get home Turn backpharaoh’s army – U -Until I reacha ma home – V -View the land – W -Witness for mylord Wish’s in heaven settin’down Will the circle beunbroken Where shall I go Wheresweet little Jesus sleeps Whentrain comes along When I can hearmy title clear Walkyou in the light Walk togetherchildren Wade in the water We am climbin’ Jacob’s ladder Woke up dis mornin We’llunderstand it by and by We’vecome a long way We’remarching to zion Weam clim in Jacob’s ladder 1 Weam clim in Jacob’s ladder 2 We shall overcome We shall walkthrough the valley NEWSONG WishI was in heaven sitting down Wonderwhere is good ole Daniel Whatmonth was Jesus born in Whenthe saints go marching Were you there – X — Y -You may bury me inthe east NEWSONG Youbetter get a home in that rock – Z -Zekiel(Ezekiel) saw the wheel
“Sir, we wish to see Jesus!”
Posted on March 16, 2015 at 5:44 p.m. “Sir, we would like to meet Jesus.” These are words that have always grabbed my attention. They are the remarks of “several Greeks who came to Philip,” a follower of Jesus, according to John’s Gospel. What was it about Jesus that these Greeks wanted to see? Were they looking for an appointment with him? Is it a miracle? Is that a good word? The next time I read this paragraph, I’m reminded of the fact that these words – “Sir, we desire to see Jesus”– were frequently carved into the wood of church pulpits, not for the congregation to see, but for the preacher to behold.
- encountered by everyone who hears what is spoken about him.
- Weekly re-introductions of the gospel message of God’s love and forgiveness are required for it to be effective.
- The obligation to achieve this falls specifically on the shoulders of preachers.
- Others may notice you responding to human need, but do they recognize Jesus in your actions?
- When you are asked to serve, do people recognize Jesus as the one who has called you?
- I understand that this is a high bar to meet in terms of behavior.
- Spiritual growth, on the other hand, means that we are becoming more and more like Christ.that we are on the path of ever-increasing love and compassion.
- The world is in desperate need of seeing Jesus right now, more than ever, and it is our responsibility to reveal him to them.
The Day I Saw Jesus
On March 16, 2015 at 5:44 PM, an article appeared in the print edition of the newspaper. Sir, we’d want to visit Jesus,” says the group. These are words that have always stood out to me. The phrase “several Greekscame to Philip,” a follower of Jesus, are recorded in John’s Gospel as having been said by them. What was it about Jesus that these Greeks desired to see? Did they express a desire to meet with him on a personal level? Is it possible to perform a miraculous? Was it an appropriate phrase?
- In these lines, the speaker is reminded of the basic purpose of all Christian preaching: to speak about Jesus in such a way that he may be seen.
- It is the preacher’s responsibility, in essence, to bring Jesus to life!
- A hefty order, to say the least.
- You should not, however, consider yourself to be exempt from this obligation since God has called all of us – all Christians – to make Jesus known by the way we conduct our lives.
- Does Jesus come through in your conversations with individuals who are different from you – whether they be of a different religion, race, or nation?
- Is it possible for others to see how much you love and forgive when you are wounded or offended, and how much you think of Jesus when this happens?
- Every now and then, just a few (or perhaps none) of us live up to our expectations.
If we are not progressing in that direction, we must take a step back and reconsider our options. Jesus needs to be seen by the world today more than ever, and it is our responsibility to bring him into the light of the world. JBM
Paul’s Life and Ministry
The notion that we might be able to demonstrate Jesus to others is not a new one. Even though we are all familiar with Paul’s experience with Jesus on the road to Damascus, we sometimes forget that Paul had encountered Jesus much earlier in his ministry. When Stephen, the first martyr of the church, was stoned to death by the religious authorities of his day, according to Acts 7, he cried out, “Lord Jesus, accept my spirit.” While on his knees, he spoke out in a loud voice, “Lord please do not hold this transgression against them.” (Acts 7:58-60, New International Version) Stephen’s cries and pleas are reminiscent of Jesus’ statements on the cross.
According to Acts 8:1, Saul had given his approval for this death, which is why Jesus on the Damascus Road asks Paul, “Why are you persecutingme?” rather than “Why are you persecutingmy church?” The church acts as a testament to Christ’s presence on earth.
As Paul explains here, the goal of sanctification is for people to see Jesus manifested in our life as a result of our sanctification.
The Example of Monty Williams
A well-established principle is that we should share our faith in Jesus with everyone around us. Even though we are all familiar with Paul’s experience with Jesus on the Road to Damascus, we sometimes forget that Paul had encountered Jesus much earlier in his ministry. “Lord Jesus, accept my spirit,” Stephen cried out as he was stoned to death by the religious authorities of his day, according to Acts 7. “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit,” Stephen prayed. While on his knees, he spoke out in a loud voice, “Lord please do not hold this fault against them!” In the English Standard Version, Act 7:58-60 is translated as Similarly to Jesus’ remarks on the cross, Stephen’s cries and pleas are heard.
Stephen’s experience would be brought to Paul’s attention later in his life, prompting him to write, “We who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus’ sake, in order that the life of Jesus may likewise be displayed in our mortal flesh.” The ESV version of 2 Corinthians 4:11 says, ” As I said in a prior piece, God is working on your sanctification through your everyday challenges, transforming you into more of Jesus’ likeness.
Paul states that the goal of sanctification is for people to see Jesus manifested in our life, which is exactly what he means here.
Who in your life needs toseeJesus?
“Preach the gospel,” St. Francis of Assisi is reputed to have stated, however this has been often misquoted. If words are required, use them.” While the super-smart fact-checking Christians are correct in pointing out that he never said such a thing and that it is vital to use words to preach the gospel, some of us would do well to remember that it sometimes takes more than words for someone to come to faith in Jesus. No amount of convincing will win the world over to a Savior who exists solely as an abstract concept, rather than as a flesh and blood person who lives in and acts through his followers.
I came to know Jesus via my pastor, as well as through numerous other committed Christians who sacrificed their personal interests in order to live for the greater good.