What will happen when Jesus returns / comes back?
Answer to the question The second coming of Christ is mentioned several times in the Bible, with more than 1,500 passages in the Old Testament and one out of every twenty-five phrases in the New Testament alluding to the Messiah’s return.God’s statement in Amos 3:7, ″Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets,″ is reinforced by the huge quantity of material devoted to this significant event.Overall, the coming of Christ ushers in what is referred to in Scripture as the kingdom of God—total God’s reign over all of His creation, including people.
- As a result, Jesus ushers in two separate judgements, two different resurrections, and two different eternities in order to achieve this goal.
- When Jesus returns, He will be prepared to wage battle (Revelation 19:11–16), according to the Bible.
- We refer to this as the Battle of Armageddon because it will bring together all of the world’s nations to fight against Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:2).
- The day of Jesus’ return, however, will be marked by the following events: ″His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be divided in half from east to west, producing a huge valley, with half of the mountain going north and half moving south″ (verse 4).
- In the history of the earth, that day will be unlike any other: ″On that day, there will be neither sunshine nor cold, icy darkness…
a day known only to the Lord—with no distinction between day and night.″ It will be bright when the evening approaches,″ says the Bible (verses 6–7).God’s adversaries will be defeated, and the Antichrist and the false prophet will be ″thrown alive into a flaming lake of burning sulfur,″ where they will perish (Revelation 19:20).Jesus will establish His kingdom on earth, and ″the Lord will reign as king over the entire globe″ (Zechariah 14:9).The first step in Jesus’ plan to build His kingdom on earth will be to create a system of judgment for individuals who are still living after the tribulation and who are still alive when Jesus returns for a second time.The ″judgment of the sheep and the goats″ or the ″judgment of the nations″ (Matthew 25:31–46) is a reference to this event.
- Those who survive this judgment will stay on earth for 1,000 years, during which they will live in peace and prosperity with Christ (a period known as the millennium; see Revelation 20:4–6 for more information).
- In this judgment, those who are determined to have committed a crime are condemned and sent to ″the everlasting fire reserved for the devil and his angels″ (Matthew 25:41).
- According to Revelation 20:1–3, Satan has been chained and is not permitted to act throughout the millennium.
- At this time, there will also be a resurrection of all believers in God, according to the book of Revelation (Revelation 20:4–6).
Christians who have been raised from the dead will join believers who are living at the time of Christ’s return, as well as those who Christ brings with Him from heaven, and they will all dwell with Jesus throughout His 1,000-year earthly rule.Once Satan has been unleashed, there will be a last fight that will be quickly won by Christ (Revelation 20:7–9).Satan will be released at the end of the century, and there will be one final war that will be quickly won by Christ.When Satan is finally cast into the lake of fire, he is forever doomed.The second resurrection, as well as another judgment, will take place at this moment.
- People who do not believe in Jesus will be resurrected and judged in what is referred to as the great white throne judgment; they will be sent to the lake of fire based on their deeds (Revelation 20:11–15).
- After Jesus returns, two separate eternities—one with God and one without Him—will be inaugurated.
- These two passages from the book of Malachi express the essence of this truth: ″Unquestionably, the day is approaching; it will be hot as a fire.″ All of the haughty and all of the evildoers will be stubble, and the day that is coming will set them ablaze.
- They will not be left with a single root or branch.
- In contrast, the sun of righteousness will rise in your honor with healing in its rays, because you revere my name.
And you will go out and play like well-fed calves″ (Malachi 4:1–2), the prophet says.What will take place when Jesus returns?Evil has been crushed, the planet has been restored, and God has triumphed.How you react to Jesus’ return will be determined by your relationship with Him.According to John MacArthur, it will either be ″the greatest tragedy in all of human history,″ or ″the realization of the Blessed Hope,″ as he describes it (Titus 2:13).
- The distinction is made by one’s faith in Christ.
- ″However, when the Son of Man arrives, how many people will he find on the face of the planet who believe?″ (Luke 18:8, New Living Translation) Questions regarding the End Times can be found here.
- What will will place when Jesus returns / returns to earth?
Subscribe to the
Question of the Week
Get our Question of the Week emailed to your inbox every weekday morning! Got Questions Ministries is a trademark of Got Questions Ministries, Inc., registered in the state of California in the year 2002. All intellectual property rights are retained. Policy Regarding Personal Information The information on this page was last updated on January 4, 2022.
8 Things The Bible Says Will Happen Before Jesus Returns Again
The following are eight events that the Bible predicts will take place before Jesus arrives.
A Falling Away
Clearly, the Apostle Paul states that ″the Spirit definitely declares that in later times some would wander from the faith by committing themselves to deceptive spirits and doctrines of devils, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences have been pierced″ (Ephesians 4:13).(1 Timothy 4:1-2).There has unquestionably been a decline in religious belief; just look at the precipitous decline in church attendance.
- However, there is also a retreat from the truth of the Bible, as evidenced by artificial doctrines that have warped and twisted Scripture to match the beliefs of false teachers, pastors, and prophets.
- The truth of God is being compromised, and many people are being led astray as a result of this trend.
Increase of Lawlessness
Additionally, Paul said that ″the secret of lawlessness is already at work.″ Only he who is currently restraining it will continue to do so until he is removed from the situation.When the lawless one is exposed, the Lord Jesus will kill him with the breath of his lips and destroy him with the appearance of his arrival″ (2 Thessalonians 2:7-8).
- The ″mystery of lawlessness″ was evidently already at work in Paul’s day, yet many people who profess Christ today do not follow the rules, according to the Bible.
- And, while we cannot be saved by following the laws, those who are saved seek to do so as much as possible (1 John 3).
- New Get the daily Faith In The News story sent to your Facebook Messenger inbox.
- – To get started, simply click on the blue button.
Love of Many Growing Cold
″Because lawlessness will flourish, the love of many will become cold,″ Jesus predicts regarding the end of the age in his prophecy (Matthew 24:13).According to Paul, ″people will be self-lovers, money lovers, proud and arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful and unholy, heartless and unappealing, slanderous, lacking self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, and lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God″ (Ephesians 5:18).(2 Timothy 3:2-4).
- All you have to do is turn on the news to see how the number of people who love themselves and despise others has increased over the world.
According to the Voice of the Martyrs, more people have been slaughtered for their religion in the last decade and a half of this century than have been killed for their faith in the entire period since Christ was crucified 2,000 years ago.Take, for example, all of those who have been slain for their faith over the last 2,000 years and then all of those who have been killed in the last few decades, and we find that more people have been slaughtered for their faith in the last few decades than over the previous 2,000 years!
Gospel Preached Worldwide
With regard to end-times prophecy, Jesus stated that ″this gospel of the kingdom will be preached across the entire globe as a testament to all nations, and then the end will come″ (Matthew 24:14).Isn’t it true that we are now closer than ever to reaching the saturation threshold of the Gospel?The Gospel has been preached all throughout the world, on every continent and among virtually every people group, by ministries, missionaries, and other Christians, and it continues to be preached today.
- The time of Jesus’ return looks to be rapidly approaching.
Calling Evil Good
When you look around the world today, particularly in the media, you will find that what was once considered wicked or terrible only a few decades ago is now ridiculed as ″good,″ and that what was formerly seen as those things that are good are now regarded as evil in the eyes of the public.As God’s messenger, Isaiah the Prophet issued the following warning: ″Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who confuse darkness with light and light with darkness, and who confuse bitterness with sweetness and sweetness with bitterness″ (Isaiah 5:20).In the Bible, the term ″woe″ does not just refer to groaning or moaning; rather, it refers to ″judgment,″ and God will deliver His rightful judgment on those who label what is good ″bad″ and on all who consider evil to be ″good.″ The good are now hated and mocked, but when the bad is seen, the virtuous are embraced and celebrated.
- What a backward society we live in.
Wars and Rumors of Wars
Currently, there is a war against terrorism going on.Many countries have been affected, but the death toll from terrorist acts continues to rise.There are also threats from extremist countries such as North Korea, which have threatened to blow the lid off international peace.
- ″You will hear about battles and rumors of warfare in the final days,″ Jesus forewarned his followers.
- Make sure you are not scared since this must occur, but it is not the end of the world yet.
- In fact, nations will rise up against one another and kingdoms against one another, and there will be famines and earthquakes all across the world.
- ″All of them are only the beginning of the labor pains.″ ″ (Matt 24:6-8).
- Without a doubt, violence is increasing on the planet every day, and it will only worsen as the time of Jesus’ second coming draws closer.
This will result in another indication of Jesus’ return: the globe will be overrun by violence.
″For as in those days before the flood, they were feasting and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark,″ Jesus declared in Matthew 24:37, one of the indications leading up to His second coming will be like ″the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man″ (Matt 24:38).What was life like during Noah’s time?While they were going about their business as usual, marrying and giving in marriage, eating and drinking (perhaps even partying?
- ), ″the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually,″ just as he had in the days of Noah (Gen 6:5).
- More than that, ″the earth was corrupt in God’s eyes, and the planet was filled with violence,″ according to the Bible.
- As a result, God looked down upon the globe and saw that everything was corrupted, for all flesh had ruined their way on the planet″ (Gen 6:11-12).
- God unleashed His flood of judgment at that time, and the same flood of judgment will be unleashed again when Jesus Christ appears for the second time.
- When they see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory, ″even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him″ (Rev 1:7b), they will know that their time of judgment has arrived.
Know that a number of things must take place before Christ appears for the second time (among them, a falling away from the faith and the truth, increasing lawlessness, the natural love of many growing cold, increased persecution, and the Gospel being proclaimed throughout the world), all of which must take place before Christ appears for the second time.According to my belief, all of these things have already occurred, and thus, I see no reason why Jesus cannot return today or tonight.To hear what Jesus said: ″Therefore, keep alert, for you do not know on when day your Lord will come″ is all the more compelling (Matthew 24:42).
- ″As a result, you, too, must be prepared, since the Son of Man will come at an hour that you do not expect″ (Matthew 24:44).
May God richly bless you,
Pastor Jack Wellman
Blog Post Promoter has republished this article.
5 Things The Bible Says About Jesus’ Return
When it comes to the end of the world and Jesus’ second coming, there appears to be considerable skepticism and ambiguity regarding what to expect when Jesus returns.Despite the fact that we will never fully understand God’s plan for the end times, He has made promises to us in His written Word regarding what will happen at that time.According to Billy Graham, the end ″shall occur with the coming of Jesus Christ…
- It is for this reason that a Christian can be an optimist.
- That is why a Christian may have a positive attitude despite all that is going on…
- We already know what will happen at the end: the triumph of the Lord Jesus Christ.″ Take a look at 5 things the Bible teaches concerning Jesus’ Second Coming.
- Don’t trust anybody who tells you, ″There He is, out in the wilderness,″ or ″Here He is, in the inner chambers,″ or ″There He is, in the inner rooms,″ or ″There He is,″ or ″There He is.″ Because, just as lightning that comes from the east is seen even in the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be apparent even in the east.
- People will faint with fear and foreboding of what is about to befall the world, according to Matthew 24:26-27 (NIV).
And there will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity due to the roaring of the sea and the waves, and people will faint with fear and foreboding of what is about to befall the world.Because the forces of the sky will be shattered.And then they will see the Son of Man appearing in a cloud, surrounded by tremendous power and glory.Straighten your posture and elevate your heads as soon as these events begin to occur, for your redemption is coming close.Luke 21:25-28 (KJV) (ESV) However, no one, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father, is aware of what day or hour it will be.
- Matthew 24:36 (KJV) (NIV) In order to avoid being caught unawares, keep watch since you do not know what day or hour it is.
- Matthew 25:13 (NIV) As a result, Christ will visit a second time, this time not to deal with sin, but to save those who are anxiously awaiting His return.
- 9:28 (Hebrews) (ESV) Bonus Because of Him, every eye will behold Him, including those who wounded Him, and every tribe on the face of the planet will howl in anguish because He has come.
- Even so, it’s a good thing.
Amen.Revelation 1:7 (New International Version) (ESV)
No this is NOT a joke: The Bible actually says when Jesus will return and what day it will be on
Submitted by RS: However, many people cite the well-known Bible scripture from Matthew 24 in which Jesus states categorically that no one, not even the angels of heaven, knows when He will return.″But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father alone,″ Jesus declares explicitly.However, just as the days of Noah were, so too will the arrival of the Son of Man be in this world.
- Since they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah boarded the ark, and they were completely unaware of what was happening until the flood came and carried them all away, so too will the coming of Christ be like that.
- … Keep an eye on the time, since you do not know when hour your Lord will arrive.
- But keep in mind that if the owner of the property had known what time the burglar would arrive, he would have kept an eye on things and prevented his home from being broken into.
- Be prepared as a result, since the Son of Man will arrive at an unexpected hour.
- (See Matthew 24:36.) This is something else that I’ve quoted a lot.
Although Jesus compared his return to the days of Noah, I think it’s interesting that he did so because, while Noah did not know the day or the hour that God was going to flood the entire earth, he did know roughly when it was going to happen because God made it clear that it would occur in 120 years in Genesis 6:1.When men started to proliferate on the face of the earth and daughters were born to them, it came to pass that the sons of God saw the beauty of the daughters of men and took them as brides from among those whom they picked, thereby beginning the process of human reproduction.Moreover, the Lord stated, ″My Spirit will not contend with man indefinitely since he is flesh; yet, his days will be one hundred and twenty years.″ Moreover, please allow me to remind you of what is said in 1 Thessalonians 5: But concerning periods and seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you.Because you are well aware that the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night as you have witnessed.Because when they proclaim, ″Peace and safety!″ suddenly abrupt disaster descends upon them, just like labor pangs descend upon a woman who is pregnant.
- They will not be able to escape.
- However, you, brethren, are not under the influence of darkness, so that this Day should sneak up on you like a thief.
- When people say ‘it will come like a thief in the night,’ they tend to forget about the last line of the poem.
- As a matter of fact, I didn’t see it until someone pointed it out.
Nevertheless, it is true that the Day of Christ’s coming should not come as a complete surprise to you.In fact, you shouldn’t be surprised by the fact that today is the day in question.If it does, it indicates that you have not read the book of Daniel…as well as perhaps a few other books.Allow me to explain.For the most part, you are aware of Israel’s seven-year covenant with’many,’ a covenant that the Bible says the Antichrist will confirm in Daniel 9 (note that one week equals seven years): ″Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall put an end to sacrifice and offering.″ Furthermore, one who produces desolate will fly on the wings of abominations until the conclusion, which has been ordained, Is poured on the desolate.″ It is important to note that the ‘consumption’ has been determined.
- Other versions refer to this as the ‘declared destruction’ or the ‘declared end,’ which are also accurate.
- Therefore, the day on which Christ comes to put a stop to the Antichrist has been fixed or decreed, which indicates it is an unchangeable date in the future.
- Also take note of when the abomination of desolations (the Antichrist) is on the scene, which is something Jesus mentions as well in Matthew 24.
- He enters the picture in the middle of the seven-year period of the covenant (in the middle of the week).
- This is quite crucial.
As a result, we know that the Antichrist’s assault of Jerusalem takes place in the middle of the seven-year covenant.So, how long is it going to last?Daniel 7 informs us that he will use haughty language against the Most High, will persecute the saints of the Most High, and will try to modify the times and the laws of the universe.When this occurs, he will have the saints in his possession for an eternity and twice and half an eternity.It is predicted that the saints (Christians) will be placed in the hands of the Antichrist for a time, times, and half a time.
- Most Bibles with footnotes will tell you that this translates to three and a half years.
- The basic units of time are a year, a time is two years, and a half-time is half a year or six months, respectively.
- As a result, the assault of Jerusalem is expected to go for three and a half years more.
- I’m not sure about you, but it seems like a pretty long period for Jerusalem to be under the control of the Antichrist to be under his control.
- Therefore, when you see the abomination of desolation, prophesied by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place″ (whoever reads, let him comprehend), ″then let those who are in Judea escape to the mountains as if they had never been there before,″ Jesus continued.
Please do not let the person who is on the roof of the home to descend to take anything out of his residence.And he who is in the field should not return to his home to change his garments.WARNING: Those who are pregnant or breastfeeding their children should avoid being around during those days.And hope that your flight does not take place during the winter or on a Sunday.For then there will be tremendous suffering, such as has not been experienced since the beginning of time until this time, and which will never be experienced again.
It’s a terrible sound.Zechariah 14 provides some insight into what will take place during the next 3.5 years: Because the day of the Lord is approaching, your spoil will be distributed among you.Because I will collect all of the nations to wage war against Jerusalem; the city will be captured, the homes will be rifled, and the women will be ravished.Half of the city will be taken into captivity, but the remaining population will not be separated from the rest of the city.So, let’s get back to the idea.For those of you who haven’t guessed it yet, the Bible tells us exactly when Jesus will return, and it’s three and a half years after the conquest of Jerusalem that he will return.
- There is even greater specificity in Daniel 12, which states that ″from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be one thousand two hundred and ninety days.″ He who patiently awaits and arrives at the one thousand three hundred and thirty-five-day mark is blessed.
- In other words, there will be 1290 days between the time the abomination of desolations (Antichrist) is ″put up″ in the temple, which means that he is conferred or worshipped, and the time the daily sacrifice is discontinued.
- It will be 1290 days before Christ’s return when, as Jesus said in Matthew 24, we see the Antichrist standing in the temple.
Moreover, in case you haven’t done the arithmetic yet, 1290 days is equivalent to 3.5 years.So when Jesus declared that only the Father knows the day and hour, he was 100% right.And, at this time, we have no idea when that day will arrive.The Antichrist (Gog) will appear in the temple in Jerusalem, declaring himself to be God, and the daily offerings in the temple will cease, and we will then be able to determine the precise day on which He will return.
And I’m confident that it will happen during our lives, and possibly far sooner than most people imagine.Much, much sooner.CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION THAT WILL HELP SAVE THE LIVES OF CHRISTIAN PEOPLE FROM ISLAMIC HARASSMENT.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When will Jesus return? What is the duration of the Great Tribulation?
- What happened to those who lived before to the birth of Jesus?
- The Final Judgment will be based on the following criteria:
- What are the telltale signals that the end is approaching?
- What is the sequence of events that will take place during the end times?
- What will be the end of the world?
- Are we in the midst of the end days?
- Will there be a second chance for individuals to repent and be saved when Jesus returns?
Introduction Jesus Will Return in Power and Glory When Will Jesus Return to Earth?Prepare for the worst!Resurrection Conclusions and Recommendations The Creation of a New Heaven and Earth Topics that are not specifically related to one another The Antichrist is a figure who appears to be a threat to the world.
- The Time of the Great Tribulation The millennium is upon us.
- The apocalypse In popular culture, the Second Coming is referred to as
According to the Bible, Jesus will return eventually, and the world as we know it will come to an end at that time.There are many different theories and viewpoints on the end of the world, but the Bible only provides a few specifics regarding what will take place.The Bible does not provide a straightforward response to the majority of issues.
- We are instead encouraged to be spiritually prepared for judgment at any time and to place our faith in God, knowing that He will make things right in the end.
- This article explains what the Bible actually says regarding the second coming of Jesus and the events that will take place in the lead up to it.
Jesus Will Come Again
A continuous process of redemption is depicted in the Bible as God’s redemptive effort.Throughout the Old Testament, He directs His chosen people in the direction of righteousness and truth.Jesus’ first and second comings marked the beginning of the last phase of the process of salvation, which will climax in the events surrounding His third and final coming.
- A final judgment will be passed on all persons, alive and dead, at the end of time.
- The devout will obtain new spiritual bodies that will enable them to live forever, while the wicked will be sent into hell for their sins.
- It is inevitable that all evil – Satan, sin, sorrow, and death – shall be finally defeated and destroyed.
- The kingdom of God will come to its fullness at some point in the future.
- Jesus left no doubt that He would return to fulfill His purpose of redemption for mankind: ″I will come again, I will finish my work.″ ″Don’t let this bother you.
You put your faith in God; now put your faith in me.There are several rooms at my Father’s house, and I will make arrangements for you to have a place to stay.If this were not the case, I would inform you straight away.’ When everything is finished, I will come and pick you up so that you will always be with me no matter where I happen to be.″ (New Living Translation, John 14:1-4) Associated texts include: Matthew 23:39, Luke 18:8, John 14:18, 28-29, Acts 1:11, 3:120-21, 1 Corinthians 11:26, Philippians 4:5, Colossians 3:4, 2 Thessalonians 2:8, 1 Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:13, Hebrews 9:28, 1 John 2:28, 3:2, Revelation 3:11, 22:12, 22:20, 1 John 2:28, 3:2, Revelation 3:11 and
When Will Jesus Come Again?
The Bible predicts a slew of events that will take place before the Second Coming, all of which will serve as indicators that the end is close.There will be wars, famines, earthquakes, false prophets, persecutions, and an increase in evil, to name just a few things.First and foremost, the Gospel must be preached to all countries.
- The temple in Jerusalem would be completely demolished.
- However, the temple was ultimately demolished by the Romans in 70 A.D.
- Many of Jesus’ disciples believed that He would return within their lives, and multiple passages in the Bible corroborate this belief, including the following: ″In all seriousness, I assure you that this generation will not pass away until all things are completed.
- Despite the fact that heaven and earth will pass away, My words will not be forgotten.″ According to the NAS, Luke 21:32-33) Alternatively, scriptures such as this one position the Second Coming considerably further into the future: ″And this gospel of the kingdom shall be proclaimed throughout all the globe as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end shall come.″ (Matthew 24:14) Matthew 24:14, according to the NAS.
- There has never been a wholly adequate answer to these inconsistencies in the Bible, and the time of the Second Coming has been a source of heated discussion within Christianity from its inception.
No one, including Jesus, predicted that no one would be able to foretell when He would return ″No one, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father is aware of the day or hour in which it will occur.Keep your wits about you!Keep your eyes peeled!You have no way of knowing when that moment will arrive.″ (New International Version, Mark 13:32-33) If and when the event takes place, it will be fast and unexpected; thus, you must be prepared as well, for the Son of Man will arrive at an hour when you do not anticipate him.Matthew 24:43–44 (New International Version) Over the course of the past 2000 years, various attempts have been made to interpret contemporary events in light of the clues found in Scripture.
- There have been several prophecies indicating the Second Coming of Christ is on the horizon.
- Everyone has been proven incorrect.
- Verses that are related include Matthew 16:27-28, 24:1-51, 26:24, Mark 9:1, 13:1-36, 14:62, Luke 9:26-27, 21:5-36, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, 2 Peter 3:8-14, Revelation 1:7, and others.
Because no one knows when Jesus will return for the ultimate judgment, we must continually be on the lookout for signs and wonders.When Jesus spoke the Parable of the Ten Virgins (Matthew 25:1-13), He was speaking clearly about the need of being spiritually prepared for the last judgment, and a number of His other sayings reinforce this point.Verses to consider include: Matthew 24:42-51, Mark 8:38, 13:33-37, Luke 9:26, 12:35-47, and 21:34-36, 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3, 2 Timothy 4:8, Hebrews 9:28, 1 Peter 1:7, 13, 4:13, 2 Peter 3:10-14, and Hebrews 9:28.
In some manner, everyone who has ever lived will be brought back to life to face the last judgment with those who are still alive: Indeed, I declare to you, the hour has come, and it is now, when the dead will be able to hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear him will live.Due to the fact that the Father possesses life in himself, He has also provided the Son the ability to possess life in himself and has delegated to Him the authority to execute judgment as well, since He is the Son of Man.Do not be surprised; for the hour is coming when all those who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth – those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation – and the world will be transformed.
- John 5:25-29 (New King James Version) Associated verses: Mark 12:18-27, Luke 14:12-14, Acts 4:2, 17:18, 29-32, 23:6; 24:15-16, 21; Romans 4:17, 5:17, 6:5, 8, 8:11, 11:15, 1 Corinthians 6:14-15, 15:23, 2 Corinthians 1:9, 4:14, 5:1-10, Philippians 3:10-11, 21, Colossians 1:18, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 2
We have every chance to repent as long as we are alive, or until Jesus returns to take us back to heaven (change our ways from evil to good).However, at the end of the day, we shall all be judged.Everyone, both the living and the dead who have been resurrected, shall be subjected to God’s judgment.
- Even those who pretend to be Christians will be judged according to the actions they have committed throughout their lives (Matthew 7:21-23; 2 Corinthians 5:10; etc.).
- It is predicted that those who have lived good lives will be awarded eternal life, but those who have lived bad lives would be sentenced to eternal punishment (Matthew 5:29-30, 25:31-46, Mark 9:43-48).
- This is how the apostle Paul phrased it: ″As a result, we are constantly sure and aware that, so long as we are in the body, we are apart from the Lord.″ We do not live by sight, but rather by faith.
- ″We are confident,″ I remark, adding that we would like to be gone from the physical body and at home with God.
- As a result, we set ourselves the objective of pleasing him at all times, whether we are in our physical bodies or not.
Because we must all come before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may get what is due him for the things he has done while in the body, whether good or evil, during our time here on earth.(New International Version, 2 Corinthians 5:6-10) In exchange for their former earthly bodies, the righteous who are granted everlasting life will get new spiritual bodies that are in some ways similar to their old earthly bodies and in some ways distinct from their old earthly bodies.The same will be true in the case of the resurrection of the dead.The body that is sown is perishable, but the body that is raised is imperishable; the body that is sown is dishonorable, but the body that is raised is glorious; the body that is sown is weak, but the body that is raised is powerful; the body that is sown is a natural body, but the body that is raised is a spiritual body.According to the New International Version (NIV), 1 Corinthians 15:42-44) Related verses: Matthew 7:1, 21-27, 16:24-27, John 3:16-21, 5:21-30, Acts 10:39-43, 17:29-31, Romans 2:5-16, 1 Corinthians 4:5, 15:23, 2 Timothy 4:1-8, James 2:12-17, 4:11-12, 5:7-9, Hebrews 2:12-17, 4:11-12, Hebrews 5:7-9, Hebrews 5:7-9, Hebrews 5:7-9, Hebrews 5:7-9, Hebrews 5: 1 Peter 4:1-6, Jude 1:14-15, Revelation 2:20-23, 20:11-15, 22:12-13, 2 Peter 4:1-6, Jude 1:14-15 The Bible has something to say about salvation, which you may read more about here.
The New Heaven and Earth
The ultimate effect of the Second Coming will be the fulfillment of all of God’s promises to those who believe in him and His kingdom.Death, sin, and pain will be eradicated, and there will be no more misery or death on the earth.And the devil, who had misled them, was cast into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had previously been cast.
- They will be tortured day and night for the rest of their lives.
- (New International Version, Revelation 20:10) It will be similar to how the weeds are pulled out and burnt in the fireplace at the end of the age.
- ″ After sending his angels forth into the world, the Son of Man will weed away from his dominion everything that leads to sin and everyone who does wicked deeds.
- They will toss them into the blazing furnace, where there will be crying and gnashing of teeth on both sides.
- Then the righteous will be like the sun in the kingdom of their Father, since they have done what is right.
″Let him who has ears hear what is being spoken.″ (New International Version, Matthew 13:40-43) Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the first earth were no longer there, and there was no longer any sea to be seen.It was as if I was seeing the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, come down from God’s throne, prepared like a bride who had been exquisitely clothed for her husband.In that moment, I heard a resounding voice from the throne declare, ″Now the abode of God is among mortals, and he will live among them.″ They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and serve as their God throughout the entire process.Every tear will be wiped away from their eyes by him.Because the old order of things has gone away, there will be no more death, grieving, weeping, or suffering in this world.
- (New International Version, Revelation 21:1-4) Matthew 8:11, 19:28-30; Mark 14:25; Luke 13:29; John 14:2-3; Romans 8:18-21; 16:20; 1 Corinthians 2:7-10; 13:8-13; 15:20-26; 45-49; Colossians 3:4; Revelation 7:14-17; 11:15; 19:19-20; 22:1-5;
Several themes are mentioned in the Bible less often than the ones listed above, yet they may give further insight into the events leading up to the Second Coming of Christ. In part because these themes are not clearly described in the Bible, a variety of diverse interpretations have developed, many of which go well beyond any Biblical foundation..
The antichrist (1 John 2:18, 22, 4:3, 2 John 1:7) is described as a liar and a deceiver who denies that Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:18, 22, 4:3, 2 John 1:7, etc.).Many antichrists were claimed to be already existing in the world at the time of the writing of 1 and 2 John, which took place at the end of the first century.It is unclear whether there will be another antichrist, but it is possible that his spirit is currently prevalent in the globe.
- The animals of Daniel 7:1-12, the beast of Revelation 13:11-18, or the ″lawless one″ of 2 Thessalonians 2:3 have all been suggested as possible candidates for the antichrist, although none of them are certain.
- Some groups have attempted to transform Bible prophesies into propaganda at various points in history by announcing their own interpretations of the identity of the antichrist.
- Some of the people who have been given this honor include the Roman emperors Caligula, Titus, Nero, and Claudius; Muhammad (the prophet of Islam); popes; Protestant theologians; political leaders; and numerous other persons and groups.
- Such accusations, on the other hand, appear to be founded on little more than prejudice and hostility.
- The Bible does not provide any hints as to the identification of the antichrist, and it does not promote conjecture about his or her characteristics.
The Great Tribulation
As described in Revelation 7:14, the Immense Tribulation will be a period of great suffering and anguish that will take place in connection with the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.It is frequently interpreted as a fulfillment of the prophesy of Daniel 9:24-27, which is found in the Bible.Psalms 2:1-12, Matthew 24:15-51, Mark 13:14-25, Revelation 9:1-11, 16:13-16 are examples of related scriptures.
- It is depicted in Revelation 20:1-10 as a thousand-year era during which Satan is restrained and the resurrected believers reign with Christ before the last judgment. The Bible makes no other explicit reference of the millennium other than this one. Among Christians, there is a considerable deal of disagreement concerning the nature of the millennium, and ideas about it may be divided into numerous categories: Amillennialism considers the millennium to be a metaphor of the current period in which the Church continues Christ’s ministry and the bound of Satan has already been completed by Jesus in the past.
- After the century, postmillennialism envisions the earth being cleansed of evil and Christ ruling spiritually for a thousand years prior to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
- Premillennialism considers the millennium to be a thousand-year period between the Second Coming and the last judgment, which begins at the end of the Millennium. There are two subtypes of premillennialism that may be distinguished: Historic premillennialism considers the millennium to be the next stage in the expansion of God’s kingdom, occurring after the current era of the Church and before the establishment of the new heavens and earth.
- Dispensationalism believes that the millennium will be a time during which the promises made to the people of Israel in the Old Testament will be fulfilled. According to this viewpoint, the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948 is evidence that the Second Coming is on the way.
- The Rapture (as described below) will take place before the beginning of the Great Tribulation, allowing Christians to avoid experiencing that period of suffering.
- The departure of loyal Christians (the Church) to meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17) is referred to as the Rapture in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 There are three different ideas as to when the Rapture will take place: Before the start of the Tribulation, the rapture occurs when John ascends to heaven (Revelation 4:1-2)
- during the Tribulation, the rapture occurs when the two prophets ascend to heaven (Revelation 11:11-12)
- after the Tribulation, the rapture occurs when the two prophets ascend to heaven (Revelation 20:11-12)
- The rapture will take place at the conclusion of the seven bowls (Revelation 16:17-21).
The Second Coming in Popular Culture
In recent years, the second coming of Jesus, the Rapture, and other Bible prophesies have produced an entire business dedicated to these topics.The Late Great Planet Earth, written by Hal Lindsey in 1970, as well as the Left Behind trilogy by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B.Jenkins, have been at the vanguard of this movement.
- There are also websites, TV preachers, lecture series, movies, and videos available in addition to the numerous publications.
- Others combine inventive and colorful embellishments of Bible predictions with current political and social theories to create a unique blend of the two.
- The majority of these works go well beyond what is revealed in the Bible and should be regarded as fiction rather than Bible prophecy, as is the case.
- The Bible has something to say regarding the Rapture, which is covered in another article.
Most Relevant Verses
Verses in the Bible page″>1 Thessalonians 5:23 The God of peace Himself may now completely and completely purify you, and may your spirit, soul, and body be kept completely and without fault at the advent of our Lord Jesus Christ.James 5:7 verse page″>James 5:7 verse page As a result, brothers and sisters, please be patient until the Lord returns.The farmer patiently awaits the valuable harvest of the earth, which will come only when it receives the early and late rains.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3 is a verse from the Bible that you may use as a tool.
- You don’t need anything written to you about the eras and epochs, comrades, for you know what is going on.
- Because you are well aware that the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a robber in the night.
- While they are shouting, ″Peace and safety!″ destruction will fall upon them unexpectedly, as if they were a pregnant woman experiencing birth pangs, and they will be powerless to escape.
- Acts 1:9-11″>Verse page″>Acts 1:9-11 And after He had spoken these things, He was raised up while they were gazing on, and He was taken away by a cloud and out of sight.
And while they were staring closely into the sky as He was leaving, two men in white garments appeared near them and stood there.″Men of Galilee, why are you standing here staring up into the sky?″ they inquired.It will be in the same way that you have witnessed Him ascend into heaven that this Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will return.″ One of the most important parts of the Bible is 1 Thessalonians 1:10, which tells us to wait for God’s Son from heaven, whom He resurrected from the dead, that is, Jesus, who will save us from the coming wrath.Verse page″>Philippians 4:5 (ToolsVerse page) Allow all guys to be aware of your nice disposition.The presence of the Lord is close.
- Revelation 22:12 is found on the Verse page.
- As the Lord said to the prophet Isaiah, ″Behold, I am coming shortly, and My reward is with Me, to pay to each man according to what he has done.″ Revelation 1:7″>Verse page″>Verse page Surely the clouds will gather around Him, and every eye will behold Him—even the ones who wounded Him—and every nation on earth will weep over Him.
- That is how things will turn out.
Matthew 24:42″>Verse page″>Matthew 24:42 ″Therefore, be on the lookout because you do not know when your Lord will appear.So that you are not lacking in any gift, but are anxiously anticipating the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:7 is a good verse to memorize.verse page″>2 Peter 3:4 and asking, ″Where has the promise of His coming been fulfilled?″ Every thing has continued just as it has since the fathers fell asleep.″ ″Everything continues exactly as it has from the beginning of creation.″ Verse page″>Luke 21:25 is a tool.″There will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars, and on the earth there will be dismay among nations, in bewilderment at the roaring of the sea and the waves, and there will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars.″ Verse page″>Philippians 3:20″>Philippians 3:20 Because our citizenship is in heaven, where we are also anxiously awaiting the arrival of our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; The good hope and the manifestation of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, are anticipated in Titus 2:13, according to the Bible.Verse page″>John 14:3 is a tool.
- In the event that I leave to make a place for you, I will return to accept you into Myself so that you may be where I am as well.
- ToolsMatthew 26:64 verse page″>Matthew 26:64 ″You have stated it yourself,″ Jesus answered to him, ″but I assure you that you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven″ in the future.
- Matthew 16:27″>Verse page″>Matthew 16:27 Because the Son of Man will return in the glory of His Father, accompanied by His angels, and will then reward each individual according to his or her acts.
- ToolsMatthew 25:31 verse page″>Matthew 25:31 ‘However, when the Son of Man arrives in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His magnificent throne,’ says the prophet.
- Mark 8:38″>Verse page″>Mark 8:38 Anyone who disapproves of Me and My teachings in this adulterous and wicked time will likewise disapprove of him when the Son of Man appears before Him in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.″
From Thematic Bible
The promises of God » Subjects of » Second coming of Christ
2 Peter 3:4 and asking, ″Where has the promise of His coming been fulfilled?″ Every thing has continued just as it has since the fathers fell asleep.″ ″Everything continues exactly as it has from the beginning of creation.″
Second coming of Christ » Time of unknown
Revelation 16:15 (″Behold, I am coming as a thief,″ says the Lord.He who remains awake and keeps his clothes on will be blessed because he will not wander around nude and men will not see his disgrace.″) Matthew 24:36 (KJV) ″However, no one, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father, is aware of the day and hour in question.Luke 12:40 (NIV) Make preparations for yourselves, as well, for the Son of Man will arrive at an unexpected hour.″ 1 Thessalonians 5:2 (New International Version) Because you are well aware that the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a robber in the night.
- Revelation 3:3 (NASB) So bear in mind everything you have learned and heard, and repent if you have done wrong.
- In order to avoid being caught sleeping, I will come to you as if I were a thief, and you will have no way of knowing what time I will arrive.
- Matthew 24:27 is another passage to consider.
Second coming of Christ » Purpose of
Matthew 16:27 (KJV) Because the Son of Man will return in the glory of His Father, accompanied by His angels, and will then reward each individual according to his or her acts.Jude 1:14-15 (NIV) The prophet Enoch, who lived in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied about them, saying, ″Behold, the Lord has come with many thousands of His holy ones, to execute judgment on all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their ungodly deeds which they have done in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.″ Paul writes in 2 Timothy 4:16.Please accept the following charge, which I give to you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus, who will one day rule over all people, both alive and dead, and who will bring about His kingdom: 1 Corinthians 4:5 (New International Version) For this reason, refrain from pronouncing judgment before the time, but rather await the coming of the Lord who will both bring to light the things that are hidden in the darkness and reveal the reasons of men’s minds; and then God will reward each individual with his or her due acclaim.
- Matthew 25:31-32 is a biblical passage.
- He will sit on His majestic throne when the Son of Man appears in all His glory, with all the angels accompanying Him.
- All of the nations will be brought before Him, and He will separate them from one another in the same way that a shepherd separates sheep from goats
Second coming of Christ » Rewards at, bestowed upon believers » Warnings to the wicked concerning
8:38 (Matthew 8:38) Anyone who disapproves of Me and My teachings in this adulterous and wicked time will likewise disapprove of him when the Son of Man appears before Him in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.″ Jesus said in Matthew 24:30, ″It is written, ″It is written, ″It is written, ″It is written, ″It is written, ″It is written, ″It is written, ″It is written, ″It is written, ″It is written, ″It is written, ″It is written, ″It is written, ″It is written, ″It is written, ″It is written, ″It is written, ″It And then the sign of the Son of Man will emerge in the sky, and all of the nations of the earth will weep, and they will see the Son of Man riding on the clouds of the sky in great majesty and glory, as they have never seen before.Revelation 1:7 (New International Version) Surely the clouds will gather around Him, and every eye will behold Him—even the ones who wounded Him—and every nation on earth will weep over Him.That is how things will turn out.
- 2 It is our prayer that the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His powerful angels in burning fire, giving out vengeance to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the message of our Lord Jesus, and that this will bring relief to you who are afflicted as well as to us.
- In Luke 21:26, we see folks falling in terror and expectancy of the catastrophes that are about to befall the earth; because the powers of the sky will be thrown into disarray.
Second coming of Christ » Rewards at, bestowed upon believers » Glory with the king
1 Thessalonians 4:16 (New International Version) For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a mighty cry, accompanied by the voice of the archangel and the sound of the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be raised first in accordance with their faith.Colossians 3:4 (NASB) When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, you will be revealed with Him in glory, and you will be with Him forever.So that, upon the return of our Lord Jesus with all of His believers, He may establish your hearts without guilt in purity before our God and Father, 1 Thessalonians 3:13
Second coming of Christ » the future » Correct Attitude of » Blameless living
1 Thessalonians 4:16 is a biblical passage that states For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a mighty cry, accompanied by the voice of the archangel and the sound of the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be raised first, and the living will follow.Colossians 3:4 is a passage of scripture that teaches about forgiveness.In the same way that Christ, our life, is revealed, you will be revealed with Him in glory when Christ, our life, comes to light.
- So that, upon the return of our Lord Jesus with all of His believers, He may establish your hearts without reproach in purity before our God and Father, 1 Thessalonians 3:13.
Second coming of Christ » Rewards at, bestowed upon believers » Likeness to the king
Paul writes in Philippians 3:20-21: For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly await the arrival of a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory through the exercise of the power that He possesses, which includes the ability to subject all things to Himself.
Second coming of Christ » the future » Correct Attitude of » Patient waiting
First and foremost, 1 Corinthians 1:7 ensure that you are not deficient in any gift, anxiously anticipating the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Second coming of Christ » the future » Correct Attitude of » Charitableness
1 Corinthians 4:5 (New International Version) For this reason, refrain from pronouncing judgment before the time, but rather await the coming of the Lord who will both bring to light the things that are hidden in the darkness and reveal the reasons of men’s minds; and then God will reward each individual with his or her due acclaim.
Second coming of Christ » the future » Correct Attitude of » Perfect obedience
First and foremost, 1 Timothy 6:14 asks that you observe the commandment without taint or disgrace until the day of our Lord Jesus Christ’s return.
Second coming of Christ » the future » Correct Attitude of » Readiness
Matthew 24:44 (KJV) As a result, you must be prepared as well, since the Son of Man is coming at a time when you do not expect Him to.
Second coming of Christ » the future » Correct Attitude of » Constant abiding
1 John 2:28 (New International Version) We must now abide in Him so that when He appears, we can face Him with confidence rather than recoil away from Him in shame when He appears.
Second coming of Christ » Rewards at, bestowed upon believers » The fadeless crown
1 Peter 5:4 (New International Version) And when the Chief Shepherd arrives, you will be crowned with an everlasting crown of glory, which will never fade.
Second coming of Christ » the future » Correct Attitude of » Stewardship
Luke 19:13 (NIV) After that, he summoned 10 of his slaves, handed them ten mina coins, and instructed them to ″do business with this until I return.″
Second coming of Christ » the future » Correct Attitude of » Joyful expectation
Luke 19:13 is a Bible verse that states that After that, he summoned 10 of his slaves, handed them ten mina coins, and instructed them, ″Do business with this until I return.″
Second coming of Christ » Rewards at, bestowed upon believers » Honour from the king
Luke 12:37 (NIV) Blessed are the slaves who, when the master arrives, will be on the lookout for him; truly, I say to you, he will equip himself for service, have them recline at the table, and then come up to them and serve them.
Second coming of Christ » Rewards at, bestowed upon believers » The beatific vision
1 John 3:2 (New International Version) Beloved, we are now God’s offspring, and it has not yet become clear what we shall become in the future. In the event He arrives, we shall be exactly as He is, which means that we will be like Him in every way.
Second coming of Christ » Rewards at, bestowed upon believers » Fellowship with the king
John 14:3 (KJV) In the event that I leave to make a place for you, I will return to accept you into Myself so that you may be where I am as well.
Topics on Second Coming Of Christ
Never miss a new post again. The New American Standard Bible is a translation of the New Testament into English. The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, California, had the rights to copyright in 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, and 1995. All intellectual property rights are retained. Visit this site for information on obtaining permission to quote.