How much is a jesus piece chain
How much does a Jesus piece cost?
The Jesus piece was estimated to cost approximately $200,000.
How much would a real gold chain cost?
If a chain costs $500.00, plan to spend at least $1,000.00, if not much more. A machine-made chain will have a cost that includes the gold, as well as alloyed metals and labor to create the chain. Earrings, rings, and bracelets are all more difficult to make than machine-made gold chains, which is why they cost more.
What type of chain is best for a pendant?
Pendant chains made of box chains or wheat chains are the best form to use as pendant chains. They are curable, can withstand the weight of the object being hung, and will go with pretty almost anything in your wardrobe. My favorite sort of chain is a wheat chain, which you can see here.
What does a Jesus piece mean?
A Jesus piece is a piece of jewelry that depicts the head of Jesus and is generally made of gold or silver. It is connected with hip-hop culture and is often made of gold or silver. The phrase can also refer to a piece of religious art such as a crucifix.
How much is a 24K gold chain worth?
Since they are indicating the value of 24K gold per ounce, the number 24 indicates 24K gold, which is pure gold and the standard used by the gold market value. For example, $1,200 divided by 31.1 divided by 24 multiplied by 14 becomes $22.50 per gram.
How can u tell if a gold chain is real?
What to do: Bring the magnet up close to the gold and press it. If it’s genuine gold, it won’t attach to the magnet at all. In case you didn’t know, real gold is not magnetic. In contrast, fake gold will adhere to the magnet when it is placed near it.
What is the best gold chain to buy?
For example, the box chain and the wheat chain are two of the most popular choices for chain link types: The fact that they are both robust (in the event that you wish to hang a pendant from them) and quite flexible is a plus. Other suitable possibilities for links are the Figaro chain, the mariner chain, the anchor chain, the curb chain, and the rope chain, amongst others.
What type of chain is strongest?
Among the chain kinds, rope chains are among the most robust and heaviest, and they are also among the most textured. They are ideal for wearing with pendants since they are extremely sturdy, regardless of how thick or thin they are, and they do not readily fall apart.
Do rope chains break easily?
Chains made of rope are not only one of the most often used forms of chains, but they are also one of the most long-lasting, heavy, and textured of all the chain types available. This implies that they are fairly sturdy, especially when using thinner rope chains, and that they will not readily break apart. According to legend, a rope chain may survive for a lifetime.
Are hollow chains worth it?
I propose the Hollow Gold Diamond Cut Rope Chains if you are looking for the most cheap alternative amongst the two options listed above. They are nevertheless really good chains for the money, and the actual value of Hollow derives from the fact that it may have the same appearance as a Solid while being far less expensive.
How much is Pauly D Jesus chain worth?
In addition to the pendant, a 48-carat tri-color Cuban link chain with rose, yellow, and white diamonds adorns the neck of the wearer. The reality personality went so far as to purchase a similar tri-color Cuban link bracelet to complete the ensemble. The entire cost of Pauly D’s new bling is $1,500. A staggering $500,000 was spent.
Jesus Piece Collection
- Is There a Jesus Piece?
- With its iconic status, the Jesus Piece transcends religion to symbolise good omens and benefits regardless of one’s cultural or racial backgrounds.
- Each Jesus Piece is designed and produced by our team of highly talented artisan jewelers, utilizing only the best metals and stones available on the market.
- You may express yourself via the use of one of IF & Co’s trademark Jesus Pieces, which are available in a range of sizes and styles, as well as a limitless number of customizing possibilities, allowing you to make it really yours.
- Choose Your Personality The Nano Jesus Piece, Micro Jesus Piece, Baby Jesus Piece, and Standard Jesus Piece are just a few of the types available in our Jesus Piece collection.
- Your Jesus Piece is available in 10k, 14k, and 18k white gold, yellow gold, or rose gold, or silver, and may be worn softly with a basic gold chain and a Jesus pendant, or huge and ornate with an XL-sized diamond Jesus pendant.
Your Jesus Piece is also available in silver.Whether partially iced or completely iced, each Jesus Piece is accompanied by a gold chain in the same design as the piece.Choose our special black gold chain with a black gold Jesus pendant for a genuinely one-of-a-kind appearance.
Make Your Jesus Piece Unique to You If our Jesus Piece line has piqued your interest, you may send us an email with your own unique interpretation of our classic design, and our custom jewelers will work with you to bring your idea to fruition.For those seeking for the right spiritual piece to complement their collection, get your Jesus piece from IF & Co.online today!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Giving Life to Your Dreams…One Diamond At A Time!Collection of Jesus’s Pieces (details)
Jesus Piece Chain – High-Quality Gold Necklaces
- Each and every man with street style understands how to show off his hip-hop swagger in the shortest amount of time possible by wearing a Jesus piece chain.
- No matter if he’s going out on a date with the sexiest woman in town or dressing to impress at a posh event like the boss that he is, he’ll discover the Jesus gold pendant that will ensure his reputation as the best-dressed baller on the block.
- Featuring an astonishing range of bling, Frost NYC’s Jesus jewelry line is sure to set the urban dude’s style distinct from the rest.
- Our Jesus chains are made of high-quality pure gold that ranges in purity from 10-karats to 14-karats, depending on the choice of the wearer.
- They are a spiritual style icon that quickly elevates a man’s streetwear style to swagger-worthy status.
- Furthermore, each Jesus piece chain in our collection may be tailored to match his new-school style or nostalgic sensibility, depending on his preferences.
The choices for hip-hop fashion are unlimited, owing to the wide selection of genuine diamond pendants and sparkling Jesus items that we have available at Frost NYC.For those interested in street jewelry, Frost NYC has a large assortment of gold chains with the image of Jesus that will be a welcome addition to their collection.Dudes that enjoy flossing can discover a multitude of ways to sport a Jesus piece chain, thanks to our extensive selection of hip-hop jewelry and accessories.
Take advantage of our blinged-out pendant necklaces to look like a total baller right now!
Find Great Deals on jesus piece
- Jesus Piece – The One and Only Self-Cd Only Self – The Jesus Piece (CD) Cd – The Game – The Jesus Piece JESUS PIECE, Game’s fifth studio album, is out today.
- It contains Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, 2 Chainz, J.
- Cole, Pusha T, Pusha T & Lil Wayne, Big Sean & Rick Ross, Common, Fabulous, and Jesus Heals A Crippled Man Puzzle 100 Piece Jigsaw as well as other well-known artists.
- Jesus Heals a Man Who Is Paralyzed The Bible Puzzle is a 100-piece cardboard puzzle that is appropriate for children aged 6 to 8.
- The scenario in which Jesus cures the paralyzed man is depicted in the artwork.
- Jesus Walks On Water is a crossword puzzle.
Jigsaw puzzle with 500 pieces It is a 500-piece cardboard puzzle that depicts Jesus walking on the water.It is suitable for girls and boys ages 10 – 12 years old.It represents the miracle in which Jesus walks on water and reaches the other side of the lake.
Jesus Expresses His Appreciation for Small Children Jigsaw Puzzle Jigsaw Puzzle with 1000 Pieces Jesus Expresses His Appreciation for Small Children The Bible Puzzle is a 1000-piece cardboard puzzle that is appropriate for girls and boys aged 11 and up.The moment where Jesus blesses the children is shown in 2 Pieces of Art.Joseph is the main character in the Nativity story.
Mary and Jesus riding on a donkey Joseph, Mary, and Jesus on Donkey are shown in this two-piece nativity scene.A very beautiful Nativity scene.Resin, substance, and height 15cm Boxed 2-Piece Set Mary and Joseph are the nativity figures.Jesus and the Donkey (Red) 2 piece Nativity set with Mary, Joseph, Jesus, and a donkey in red color.This is a lovely small nativity.A very beautiful Nativity scene.
- 15 centimeters in height Resin and other materials are boxed.
- – More information may be found at: 15cm in height, made of resin and other materials, and boxed.
- A little cross with Jesus on the cross that is really well detailed.
- Beautifully crafted piece a little cross with Jesus on it (a very detailed and beautiful piece) a 100-piece cardboard puzzle of Jesus Genees ‘n Verlamde Man Lifetime Jewelry Jesus Piece with Cubic Zirconia Halo 24K Gold Premium Fashion Jewelry Guaranteed For Life 100 Pieces Cardboard Puzzle Jesus Genees ‘N Verlamde Man 100 Pieces Cardboard Puzzle With this purchase, you will receive a 20-inch 2M Lifetime Jewelry Jesus Piece with Cubic Zirconia Halo 24K Gold Premium Fashion Jewelry that is guaranteed for life.
- Comes with a 20-inch 2MM rope chain by U7 Jewelry and a 22-inch chain by U7 Christian Jewelry that is 18-karat gold-plated and has a Cubic Zirconia Jesus piece necklace.
- U7 Fashion Jewelry ″I Love Jesus″ Pendant U7 Fashion Jewelry U7 Jewelry is manufactured utilizing polishing and electroplating equipment that is imported from Germany.
The main method is 18K gold plating on 18k gold.Gold plating is a technique for applying a thin layer of gold on a surface.Halloween Written by Jesus Del Pozo 4 Piece Gift Set 3.4 Oz Eau De Toilette Spray 0.15 Oz Eau De Toilette Spray 5.0 Halloween 3.4 Oz Eau De Toilette Spray The 4 Piece Gift Set includes: 3.4 Oz Eau De Toilette Spray, 0.15 Oz Eau De Toilette Spray, 5.0 Jigsaw Puzzle, 1000 Piece Wooden Puzzle, and 5.0 Jigsaw Puzzle, 1000 Piece Wooden Puzzle, and Adults Puzzles.Jesus Has Arrivedchildren’s Art Diy Leisure Game Fun Toy Suitable for the Whole Family F Jigsaw Puzzle 1000 Piece Wooden Puzzle Adults Puzzles Suitable for the Whole Family I Heard Jesus Callingchildren’s Art DIY Leisure Game Fun Toy Appropriate for Family and Friends Handmade in Russia, the Nativity Jesus Life Nesting Doll is a beautiful addition to any home.5th Piece of 7 ″Handmade in Russia, the H Christmas Set Nativity Jesus Life Nesting Doll is a wonderful addition to any home.
5th Piece of 7 ″Handmade in Russia, the H Christmas Set Nativity Jesus Life Nesting Doll is a wonderful addition to any home.5 Piece Set 4″ H Nativity Jesus Life Nesting Doll Hand Made In Russia 5 Piece Set 4″ H 500 Piece Wood Jigsaw Puzzles For Adults 5 Piece Set 4″ H 500 Piece Wood Jigsaw Puzzles For Adults Amazingly Difficult Eco-Chunky Puzzle Decompression at home For Adults, 500-Piece Wood Jigsaw Puzzles of Religious Christian Jesus are available.Amazingly Difficult Eco Chunky Puzzle for the House Decompression Religious Christian Jesus Laughing Train Laughing Train Balloons Saying ″Jesus Loves You″ – 144 Pieces Balloons with a Smile Jesus Loves You – 144 Pieces by Fun Express Ask Me About Jesus Hat Assortment – 12 Pieces – Fun Express Ask Me About Jesus Hat Assortment – 12 Pieces – Fun Express FEAR NOT Jigsaw Puzzle is a 100-piece puzzle that will test your patience.Jesus Christ, Come Follow Me is a crossword puzzle No need to be afraid with this 100-piece Jigsaw Puzzle featuring Jesus Christ and the words ″Come Follow Me.″ Jigsaw Puzzle for Children with 1000 Pieces Adults with a religious affiliation to Jesus Wooden Puzzles for Leisure and Creativity in Puzzles Toys for the Arts and Puzzles Jigsaw Puzzle for Children with 1000 Pieces Jesus Religious Dog Adults Wooden Puzzle Leisure Creative Puzzle Games Art Toys Puzzles Jesus Religious Dog Adults Wooden Puzzle
Diamond Jesus Pieces
- Many current culture authors feel that the Jesus piece pendant is the most popular necklace pendant of all time, and this is supported by research.
- If that’s the case, it’s an incredible truth to ponder, given that pendant necklaces have been there since the Stone Age.
- Although we tend to think of cavemen as clumsy and barbaric, recent discoveries have revealed that not only were they socially and artistically advanced, but cavemen also possessed an incredible sense of style.
- Of course, caveman drip wasn’t nearly as glitzy as they would have liked, but they were willing to make do with whatever eye-catching materials they could get their hands on.
- Because, with eagle-talon bracelets and bear claw necklaces, they must’ve been sporting a pretty swanky appearance.
- Since archaeologists have discovered pendants that are more than 50,000 years old, we can’t say with certainty that the gold diamond Jesus piece was historically more popular than a stone snake bracelet, but it’s a possibility.
The necklace with the image of Jesus on it, on the other hand, is unquestionably one of the most iconic pieces of hip-hop jewelry.His name is Christopher George Latore Wallace and he is credited with the invention of the Jesus piece pendant in the 1990s.He obtained his first iced-out gold diamond Jesus piece from his jeweler, Tito Caicedo, and named it ″The Jesus Piece.″ For a total of $30,000, he purchased three pendants.
The other two pendants, which cost a total of $10,000 each, he gave to his friends, fellow rapper Lil’ Cease and Damion Butler, who was his best friend and who assisted him in launching his professional career.A number of well-known rappers, musicians, and sportsmen have emulated the Jesus piece since it was first released in the hip-hop community.
Benefits of Wearing a Men’s Diamond Jesus Piece
- There’s nothing quite like a genuine diamond Jesus piece in your collection.
- It’s essentially the ″Jesus″ of the world of hip-hop jewelry, so to speak.
- Few other pendants can match to the effect of the Jesus piece, which crosses religious boundaries, ethnicity, culture, and the monetary value of the materials used to construct it.
- Wearing a genuine gold diamond Jesus jewelry conveys a powerful statement to the entire international community.
- Hip-hop culture is represented by this eye-catching emblem, which associates the wearer with the culture’s struggles, triumphs and contributions to culture as well as the hope that it brings to the marginalized and oppressed.
- Pendants with the image of Jesus are worn by people from all various origins and religious views.
Wearing a Jesus piece pendant is acceptable even if you are not Christian, and even if you are not religious at all.Additionally, if you are Christian (such as Kanye West), Muslim, Buddhist, or spiritual in nature, or whatever your religious beliefs are, you may choose to wear a Jesus item.The issue with a Jesus Piece is that its story goes beyond the scope of a straightforward narrative.
The Jesus piece, like hip hop, comprises a complicated tale that not only symbolizes the journey of a person, but also the path of the culture as a whole, as well.As a result, the Jesus face pendant is a significant piece of men’s jewelry that may be worn to express yourself or given as a particular present to a special man.You may wear your Jesus piece necklace no matter your age or stage of life, whether you’re prosperous or struggling to find your path.
Numerous individuals regard their Christ-related jewelry as a symbol of protection or good fortune.Others see it as a tangible reminder of their journey and accomplishments.No matter where you wear it, whether on the court, on the stage, or on the street, the Jesus piece pendant makes a statement wherever you go.The Jesus piece is also a wonderful piece of men’s jewelry to pass down to your boys as a family heirloom.As soon as Biggie died away, one of his necklaces was placed aside for his son CJ, although Jay-Z would occasionally don it when he’s in the studio working on his next album.It’s a significant piece of men’s jewelry to offer to those who have supported you, bringing friends and family together.
Different Styles of Jesus Piece Pendants
- A Jesus piece pendant’s significance differs from person to person while being connected to a larger cultural tradition, and the many various kinds of Jesus pieces let you to express your own particular style while remaining faithful to its beginnings. We at ItsHot are proud to be based in New York City, which is considered the cradle of hip hop culture. Because of our geographic position, we are able to keep up with all of the newest fashion trends, and we are thrilled to offer a vast assortment of genuine gold diamond Jesus face pendants. Here are some examples of the many kinds of men’s Jesus piece pendants that we have available at ItsHot: Pendants with iced-out Jesus pieces
- pendants with colored diamonds in the shape of Jesus Blue diamond Jesus pieces, black diamond Jesus pieces, red diamond Jesus pieces, and custom color diamond Jesus pieces are also available.
- Pendants with a Jesus piece medallion
- pendants with a Jesus piece crucifix
- pendants with a Jesus cross
- Diamond pendants in the shape of a little Jesus head
- Pendants depicting the visage of Jesus in black and black diamonds
- Jesus’ fragments from the crown of thorns
- Unique Pendants with diamonds in the shape of Jesus Pendants with images of Jesus designed by designers
- Sterling silver diamond Jesus pendants
- Because the Jesus piece is intended to be a piece of jewelry that is unique to you, one that gives you confidence and allows you to express yourself, we have a broad selection of Jesus piece pendants, both large and little, elaborate and simple.
- Our Jesus pieces are true NYC-style hip hop pendants direct from the Big Apple, and they feature anything from colorful diamonds to unusual Jesus piece styles.
- Our gold Jesus pieces are available in three different colors: yellow gold, rose gold, and white gold.
- Whether the 10K Jesus piece speaks to you or the 14K or 18K Jesus, or the blue diamond mini Jesus, we offer you the option to choose from three different colors of gold: yellow gold, rose gold, and white gold.
- We also provide genuine sterling silver Jesus piece pendants for guys, including sterling silver Jesus pieces in a variety of colors, including black.
- For our diamond Jesus face pendants, we exclusively employ the highest-quality materials available here at ItsHot.
- Authentic solid gold Jesus pendants in 10K, 14K, and 18K gold are available for purchase, as well as genuine sterling silver pendants.
- We hand-pick our diamonds and cut them to perfection; we also include a lab diamond certificate of authenticity that specifies the metal type and diamond grade, allowing you to be confident that the diamond matches your high-quality criteria.
- We have more than 20 years of expertise in the design and manufacture of beautiful diamond jewelry in precious metals such as gold and silver.
- As a result, our jewelers are among the finest in the field, and we make certain that the quality of our diamond Jesus pendants is on par with the quality of our high-end genuine gold chain necklaces for gentlemen.
- With a Miami Cuban link chain necklace, an old-school classic gold rope chain, or a Gucci chain necklace in your collection, your Jesus is ready to take things to the next level.
Tips for Choosing a Jesus Piece Pendant for a Necklace
- In order to know how to choose the ideal Jesus pendant for your style while selecting a men’s Jesus pendant for a chain necklace, you need take into consideration a number of different elements.
- First, decide on the type of material to use.
- Gold is a sturdy and flexible metal that is also a popular choice among hip-hop artists.
- Yellow gold Jesus pieces, white gold Jesus pieces, and rose gold Jesus pieces are all excellent representations of the classic piece of jewelry.
- Affordable Jesus items made of sterling silver are also a perfect option for customers on a tight budget.
- 10K gold is going to be stronger than 18K gold, but it will take more attention to preserve its lustrous appearance over time.
If you have a metal allergy, 18K gold is a better choice because it is more hypoallergenic.Among those looking for a blend of elegance and affordability, 14K gold Jesus pendants have become more popular.Second, select your shoe size.
Consider a micro-sized Jesus pendant if your chain necklace is thinner or shorter than the average size.A huge Jesus face pendant will create a more dramatic impression when worn on thick chains.You’ll also want to think about the diamonds’ size and hue while making your decision.
Do you want a diamond Jesus piece that has been iced out?Alternatively, a gold Jesus pendant with less black diamond embellishments is available.Last but not least, decide on a style.If you choose a conventional diamond Jesus piece pendant for your necklace or a one-of-a-kind Jesus medallion, you’re symbolizing the finest of what the world has to offer.Please feel free to take your time; we’ll be here to answer any queries you may have.We have a live chat function that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer any questions you may have regarding your future personal Jesus.
Browse Our Selection of Real NYC Style Hip Hop Style Diamond Jesus Pieces
- Hip-hop jewelry is more than a fad at ItsHot; it is a way of life.
- It is a way of life.
- We were one of the first retailers to provide such a large assortment of genuine gold and diamond jewelry at rates that were competitive with factory prices.
- Because we are the manufacturer, we are able to provide competitive pricing on our diamond Jesus pendants, which are now on sale for up to 80% off.
- We are able to provide wholesale costs because we do not have to charge additional fees for purchasing from third-party vendors.
- We hope one of our kinds of gold diamond Jesus face pendants is just what you’re searching for if you’re thinking of donning a pendant of J.C.
The Man.If you’re looking for something completely different, we can create a bespoke Jesus piece for you.Please feel free to call us or email us at [email protected] to discuss your options.
Alternatively, if you’re in town, you may visit our New York shop, which is located in Manhattan’s diamond district.In case you’re looking for different types of hip-hop jewelry or religious jewelry for guys, please feel free to browse through the other sections of our website.You may also browse our clearance department, which has men’s gold, platinum, and diamond jewelry for sale at discounts of up to 80% off retail prices.
Jesus piece (jewelry) – Wikipedia
- This article is about the sort of jewelry that is being discussed.
- See Jesus Piece for more information about the album (album).
- The gold Jesus piece is embellished with diamonds.
- Unknown to most people outside of the hip hop world, a Jesus piece is an inspirational or religious piece of jewelry that portrays the face of Jesus and the crown of thorns that he wore.
- Some of the most well-known hip hop singers and celebrities, like The Notorious B.I.G., Kanye West, Big Pun, The Game, Kendrick Lamar, and Meek Mill, have embraced the Jesus piece as a typical fashion item and had it embellished with numerous valuable stones.
- A variety of alternative materials, including wood and low-cost metals, have been used to create lower-cost Jesus sculptures.
The Holy Face of Jesus has been represented on traditional medals worn as necklaces in Western Christianity, which have been worn for centuries.According to The Boombox in 2018, ″the Jesus piece has undoubtedly become one of the most iconic pieces of jewellery in hip-hop,″ and according to Highsnobiety in 2017, ″the Jesus piece has perhaps become the most popular pendant of all time.″
Ghostface Killah of the Wu-Tang Clan was the first rapper to appear in the Jesus piece, which he wore in the video for Incarcerated Scarfaces.
The Notorious B.I.G.
- So I’ll simply say my bit, preserve my peace with the Cubans, with the Jesus piece, and with my friends and family.
- A large part of the fame of the Jesus piece may be traced back to Christopher Wallace (The Notorious B.I.G.) and Tito Caicedo, Wallace’s jeweler.
- Wallace paid Tito around $10,000 each piece for many Jesus pieces that he would present to folks with whom he worked and that he himself would wear.
- The works depicting Jesus were embellished with valuable stones, which were particularly prominent in the hair of Jesus.
- In 1997, after Wallace’s death, his piece of Jesus was handed to his son Christopher Wallace Jr., also known as ″CJ.″ Jay-Z would later wear the Jesus piece several times during the course of his career, including while he was working on a new album.
- Jay-Z featured in the December 1999 issue of theXXL magazine with an essay about Jesus, which was published two years after Wallace’s death.
- ″It’s part of my routine when I record an album: I wear the Jesus piece and let my hair grow till I’m done,″ Jay-Z said in his book, Decoded, about the significance of Wallace’s Jesus piece.
In 2009, West wore a number of Jesus-inspired ensembles.
Jacob Arabo partnership
- In 2004, Kanye West formed a partnership with Jacob Arabo, a jeweler who had previously provided jewelry to a number of hip-hop musicians.
- Designed by Jacob, West’s personal Jesus piece was the size of a man’s palm and comprised clear diamonds for Jesus’ crown of thorns, yellow and light-brown diamonds for Jesus’ blond hair, aquamarines for blue eyes, and little rubies for the tears of blood on his cheeks.
- By recounting a conversation he had with Jacob, West describes the difficulties he had while producing the redesigned Jesus sculpture in an interview with Rolling Stone.
- ″I really like how it looks with the blue eyes, but I’m afraid I’ll receive a lot of criticism for it.
- I’m at a loss for how to explain that blue-eyed stuff.
- I’m going to have to do another one.
It’s a dark one.Because I write socially aware lyrics and I’m getting a lot of heat for it.″ After experimenting with other colors for the artwork’s eyes, West determined that the aquamarine blue eyes were the most appropriate choice for the piece.West then playfully stated how he would avoid social criticism, adding, ″I’m not going to say anything about it.″ ″I’m going to say that’s the one (Jesus) that was on my grandmother’s wall.It’s the Jesus of Grandma’s!″
Takashi Murakami partnership
In 2007, West collaborated with Japanese artist Takashi Murakami, who had previously produced the cover artwork for West’s Graduation, to create another derivative of the Jesus sculpture. It was projected that the Jesus sculpture would cost roughly $200,000.
In popular culture
- ″Dropout Bear,″ a character from Kanye West’s 2007 album Graduation, is shown wearing a Jesus piece that is similar to Murakami’s design.
- It is the deluxe edition cover of The Game’s 2012 album Jesus Piece that depicts a stained-glass Jesus wearing a Jesus piece
- the album itself was released in 2012.
- On both the regular and deluxe version covers of Rick Ross’ 2012 album God Forgives, I Don’t, Rick Ross may be seen sporting a variety of Jesus-related accessories.
- Big Sean said in an interview with Power 106 that after he had misplaced the Jesus piece that Kanye West had given him, his former label partner Kid Cudi handed Big Sean his own personal Jesus piece.
- This image from the album cover of Boosie Badazz’s 2015 album, Touch Down 2 Cause Hell, shows Boosie Badazz dressed in a variety of Jesus-related garb.
- The song ″Jesus Piece″ from the German rap group Genetikk’s album ″MDMA″ is an example of this.
- Cross necklace
- Holy Face of Jesus
History and Significance of Jesus Cross
- Pendants have a long and illustrious history, and they are among the most popular fashion accessories in the business.
- Amulets such as teeth, shells, and bones were often employed as amulets in the early Stone Age, when things such as teeth, shells, and bones were widely available.
- The ″Jesus pendant″ has become one of the most popular pieces of jewelry in recent years.
- It is these pendants, which were created in the image and likeness of Jesus Christ, that have become classic fashion accessories.
- The visage of Jesus is usually shown with a crown of thorns adorned with costly diamonds, which is common practice.
- These pendants are fashioned of precious metals and are intended to be worn by people of all faiths, spiritual backgrounds, races, and cultures.
If you are seeking for a fashionable piece of jewelry that also has a significant religious significance, it is time to discover more about the Jesus pendant.This essay looks at the history of these pendants, their style, and the reasons why you should acquire one of these pieces.
Brief background of the Jesus Pendant
- The tradition of wearing neck jewelry adorned with religious symbols dates back hundreds of years.
- Cross necklaces, for example, are decorated with a crucifix and serve as a declaration of religion.
- Early Christians, particularly those of the Orthodox churches, were used to wearing such items of jewelry.
- In the 1990s, hip hop musicians made the usage of the image of Jesus Christ on necklaces increasingly fashionable.
- When one of the most well-known rappers, Christopher Wallace, worked with his jeweler, Tito Caicedo, these pendants found their way into the fashion world.
- The Notorious B.I.G., as Wallace was commonly known, was the one who initiated the habit of wearing Jesus pendants, which has since become a long-lasting fashion trend in the business.
These necklaces were not only a symbol of the musician’s religious beliefs, but they were also an excessive display of money and richness on his person.B.I.G.reportedly spent more than $10,000 on various Jesus pendants that he and his entourage sported all of the time, according to reports.Because of his prominence in the rap music business, Notorious B.I.G.was able to quickly turn the Jesus necklace into a fashion statement among members of the music industry.After his death, the custom continued, and other hip hop musicians, like as Jay Z, Kanye West, and a slew of others, have continued to carry on the tradition.
Jesus pendants are currently a prominent fashion accessory line in several designer companies.The majority of Jesus pendants make the claim of being fashioned of the most expensive metals and gemstones available.For example, a 14k gold Jesus pendant can be studded with various valuable stones on the eyes, crown, and ears, in addition to the usual diamonds.While working with jeweler artist Jacob Arabo, Kanye West designed a Jesus pendant that is valued at more than $25,000 in value.The pendant was made out of yellow and light-brown diamonds, which represented Jesus’ blond hair, and dazzling diamonds, which represented Jesus’ crown of thorns on his head.There were also little, exquisite rubies to represent the tears of blood that fell from Jesus’s cheeks, as well as aquamarines to represent His blue eyes.
In the following years, Kanye collaborated with famous Japanese artist Takashi Murakami to design a Jesus pendant that sold for more than $200,000.
Why Should You Buy A Jesus Pendant?
When shopping for jewelry, it is recommended to go beyond the latest trends and locate items that will last for a long period of time. There are a variety of reasons why you would wish to purchase a pendant of Jesus. We will look at some of them in more detail.
1. Music Meets Aesthetics
- Whether you enjoy music or not, you would agree that good rhythms have a special effect on the listener’s emotions.
- You may or may not be a fan of rap or hip hop, but these performers have established a culture around their music that deserves to be recognized.
- The Jesus necklace has garnered widespread popularity due to its ability to effortlessly combine two wonderful things: music and fashion.
- Purchasing a Jesus necklace provides you the opportunity to become a part of the rich history of hip hop music.
- All of the pendants have a unique narrative to tell and are loaded with symbolic meanings.
- A Jesus pendant is the perfect piece of jewelry to wear if you want to wear jewelry that means anything.
2. Bold Fashion Statement
- If you are the brave and outspoken sort, you are constantly on the search for clothing and jewelry that will stand out from the rest of the crowd.
- An inexpensive Jesus pendant might serve as an excellent alternative when you don’t have a statement item.
- A 10k gold Jesus pendant will turn heads since it will instantly brighten up whatever clothing you choose to wear it with.
- If you have a casual event to attend and you want to make a fashion statement, a Jesus pendant can help you make a statement in a big way.
3. Versatile Styling
- The majority of jewelry buyers are looking for something distinctive and attractive.
- Nothing annoys a jewelry enthusiast more than when he or she is wearing a piece of jewelry and notices that someone else is sporting the same style.
- You must thus look for jewelry designs that are simple to personalize in this manner.
- Jesus pendants are simple to customize if you want to add your own personal touch.
- You may collaborate with your jewelry designer to create a pendant that reflects your personality through the use of gemstones, the form of the face, and other design elements.
- You may pick from a variety of jewels and metals to design a genuinely one-of-a-kind pendant that will be difficult to duplicate.
There are a plethora of options when it comes to these pendants.Jesus Christ heads, the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the Crown of Thorns, Jesus on the cross, Black Jesus, gold Jesus medal pendants, custom iced out Jesus pendants, and gold tiny Jesus pendants are just a few examples of the many options.In addition, there is a large range of chains, such Cuban link, gold rope chain, sterling silver chains, Figaro, Snake chain, and others, all of which are available online.In today’s market, you can get these pendants in a wide range of materials, designs, and colors.Electric pink, rose and white gold, caramel brown, stylish silver, and conventional eye-catching yellow gold are just a few of the colors to choose from.
4. Wear Your Faith On The Neck
- It is critical to understand the historical context of ″Jesus pendants.″ Hip hop music’s forefathers were going through a difficult time, and when Notorious B.I.G.
- started wearing his Jesus pendants, it was a powerful expression of his faith.
- While this type of jewelry has evolved to transcend religious or spiritual beliefs, you may still trace its roots back to its origins.
- Numerous people choose to wear these pendants not just as fashion ornaments, but also as declarations of their religious beliefs.
5. Timeless Jewelry
If you’re looking for a piece of jewelry that you can wear throughout the year, a Jesus pendant should be at the top of your list. It exudes ageless splendor and luxury, and it is guaranteed to turn attention everywhere it goes. Every other year, these pendants may be found on the red carpet and on the fashion runways.
- The ″Jesus pendant″ is a statement piece of jewelry that is also attractive and ageless.
- These pendants are not only stylish, but they also assist the user in making a public statement about their religious beliefs.
- If you are looking for a statement piece of jewelry that is both bold and adventurous, this is the pendant for you.
- It will quickly become a treasured addition to your jewelry collection.
- The practice of wearing Christian iconography as jewelry has been around for centuries, but the term ″Jesus piece″ refers to a type of necklace that is typically made of a precious metal such as gold or silver and features Christ’s head as a pendant, sometimes with his crown of thorns adorned with gems such as diamonds, as well as a cross on the other end.
- The term ″Jesus″ refers to the major character and item of the Christian faith, as well as an example of good workmanship or jewelry.
- Rather than being associated with a specific Christian religion, a Jesus piece is worn by members of the hip-hop culture as an emoji, fashion statement, or bling.
- One early and important Jesus piece was worn by rapper Christopher Wallace, also known as the Notorious B.I.G.
- or Biggie Smalls, who is claimed to have acquired three of them from his jeweler, Tito Caicedo, for $30,000 in the early 1990s.
- Throughout his rap career, the Jesus piece that hung around Biggie’s neck became closely connected with his identity.
He also made a reference to it in his smash 1997 album Life After Death’s song ″I Love the Dough,″ which went as follows: ″You saw the Jesus, dipped to H classes.″ During the song ″Hypnotize,″ which is also from the same album, he raps: ″So I just speak my bit, maintain my peace / Cubans with the Jesus piece…″.This statement is credited with popularizing the term ″Jesus piece,″ which is now widely used.The fact that the term piece is also slang for gun means that his phrase Jesus piece offers a striking contrast of riches, violence, and religious belief is worth mentioning.XXL magazine published an image of Jay-Z wearing a Jesus piece, which was rumored to be one of Biggie’s original three.Jay-Z was a fellow rapper who featured on the cover of the magazine in 1999.Pieces depicting Jesus, on the other hand, did not become popular until 2004, when they became the distinctive ornamentation of artist Kanye West.
A collection of religious hip-hop jewelry was created in collaboration with jeweler Jacob Arabo by West and Arabo.In addition, he regularly refers to the Jesus piece in his songs, which has helped to establish the name, as well as the accessory, in hip-hop culture.Rapper The Game, for example, has released an album named Jesus Piece since 2012.
History of the Jesus Piece
- In addition to being one of the most recognizable pieces of Hip Hop jewelry in the world, it has served as a sign of religion/spirituality for people who have been drawn into a world of brutality and ″gangster″ lives.
- Now, one of the reasons that most people are familiar with the legendary Jesus Piece is because it has been spotted around the necks of your favorite celebrities.
- Nonetheless, only a small number of people are aware of its roots and history; however, by following a simple chronology, you will discover that this Holy Bling has been around for far longer than you first assumed.
- Let’s get this party started!
- In the event that Yeezy failed to obtain a signature from Hov and Dame, he dashed to Jacob’s and created the new Jesus Chains…″ Kanye West’s ″New God Flow″ is a good example of this.
- While most of us were first exposed to the Jesus Piece through Kanye West, the piece itself was not created by the rapper himself.
He was the one who pushed the envelope to the limit (think about it).After collaborating with the renowned Jacob The Jeweller in 2004, to create a line of religious-themed jewellery, it would be fair to claim that the two of them worked together on the Jesus Piece and ‘enhanced it,’ which still leaves the subject of ″Who is the originator of the Jesus Piece?″ open.The Notorious B.I.G.was spotted wearing a similar item around his neck in the mid-1990s, despite the fact that Yeezy and Jacob are widely credited with designing it.With the words ″You seen the Jesus…,″ he also rapped about it in the song ″I Love the Dough″ off his legendary Life After Death album in 1999, which was released in 1999.The beard and moustache are even covered in boulders.″ It is believed that Tito, the original OG designer, was responsible for the creation of this piece.
Although the current version of the Jesus Piece depicts a crown of thorns encircling a flowing mane of hair, as well as Jesus’ thick beard and compassionate eyes, the original piece was iced out with precious metal and gemstones, from diamonds in the hair to ruby tears running down his face.Jay-Z even managed to get his hands on the Jesus Piece, which was rumored to be the same piece worn by Biggie, since Jay appeared on the cover of XXL magazine in December 1999 wearing it, years before Kanye and Jacob got on the bandwagon in 2004.This piece of jewellery, known as the Jesus Piece, has been adopted by Hip Hop as a method to convey a belief with the world, and it has probably grown to be among the most important pieces of jewellery in the Hip Hop fashion business.The item prompted the production of numerous Jesus jewellery and accessory pieces, including a rosary-like necklace that features the Jesus head and a dramatic, hanging iced or beaded rosary that finishes with a crucifix or another Jesus head.However, none of these pieces can compare to the original.Thanks to original creator Tito and another thanks to Yeezy for his Jesus Piece support…huh!
Rudzani ″RooAT″ Netshiheni is a slang term for ″RooAT″ Netshiheni.
Is it Idolatry to Wear a Cross?
- Short and simple answer is: No.
- As long as the wearer is not utilizing the cross as an object of worship, it is not considered idolatry for a Christian or any other person to do so.
- The Biblical response: Some argue that any kind of a cross, whether it is a cross necklace worn around the neck or a decorative cross hanging on the wall, is a form of idolatry, citing Old Testament commandments against graven images and idolatry (scroll down for Bible verses).
- Christians, on the other hand, must have sound theology, and in order to have sound doctrine, we must draw our conclusions from the Bible and interpret Scripture accurately.
- 3 Thou shall have no other gods before me, according to Exodus 20:3-5.
- 4 If there is anything in heaven above, there is also something in the ground beneath, and there is something in the sea under the earth that you are not permitted to create a graven image or any semblance of: 5 Because I, the LORD thy God, am a vengeful God, visiting the sin of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, thou shalt not bow down thyself to them or serve them.
Rather, thou shalt not serve them.The context of these words is that there should be ″no other gods″ before the one and only true God.It is important to note that immediately following the order in verse 4 to refrain from creating a graven image, the words ″Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them″ appear in verse 5.Is it your intention to kneel down and serve the cross when you wear a cross?What are you doing to it?Are you treating it the way you would God?
If this is the case, you are practicing idolatry.As an alternative, you can choose to wear a gold cross necklace in honor of the Lord Jesus Christ and the sacrifice He made on the cross for your sins before rising again to redeem you from your sins.Crosses, in fact, may be an excellent discussion starter when it comes to sharing the Gospel and winning people for Christ.That is not a negative development.Ultimately, a cross is just that—a symbol.It is nothing more or less.
As a sign of your Christian religion, if you enjoy wearing jewelry, such as silver cross pendants, there is nothing wrong with wearing one around your neck, just as there is nothing wrong with hanging crosses on your walls as a method to express your Christian faith to others around you.The fact that we, as Christians living under the new covenant, are at liberty (Galatians 5:1) is another aspect of this question that people frequently overlook; this is not to say that we should use our freedom in Christ as an excuse to sin, but it does mean that wearing a Christian cross is not a sin according to the Bible (1 Peter 2:16).″Therefore, hold fast to the liberty that Christ has purchased for us, and do not become caught again in the yoke of slavery″ (Galatians 5:1).
- Apples of Gold Jewelry is a Christian-owned fine jewelry company whose mission is to honor our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in all that we do.
- Apples of Gold Jewelry is a Christian-owned fine jewelry company.
- Christian Jewelry, Cross Jewelry, Jewelry History, Jewelry in the Bible are some of the categories available.
Cross necklace – Wikipedia
- Necklace with an Orthodox cross made of wood.
- The term ″cross necklace″ refers to any necklace that has an image of a Christian cross or crucifix.
- When people commit to the Christian religion, they commonly wear crosses, and they are sometimes given as presents during ceremonies of initiation such as baptism and confirmation, among other things.
- It is expected that all members of the Oriental Orthodox and Eastern Orthodox churches will wear their baptismal cross necklaces at all times, a practice derived from Canon 73 of the Sixth Ecumenical Council (Synod) of Constantinople, which declared: ″all the Church (Sunday) School children wear a cross, knowing how spiritually beneficial it is for them.
- By wearing a cross, the child is protected from evil forces, it invites the grace of the Holy Cross of Christ, it brings His Divine blessing upon the child, it gives the child a sense that he or she belongs to Christ, that he or she has a special identity, that of a Christian, it serves as a reminder that Christ is always with him or her, it serves as a reminder that Jesus Christ is our Only Savior and the True God, and it serves as a reminder that Jesus Christ is our By wearing a cross, a kid is reminded of God’s love for him or her, and it provides the child hope and strength to face any obstacles that may arise in his or her life.
Christians believe that wearing a cross provides protection from evil, whereas others, both Christian and non-Christian, feel that cross necklaces are a fashionable adornment to be worn as a fashion accessory.According to historians, ″during the early years of Christian history, the cross was a secret emblem employed by persecuted members of the nascent faith.″ Many Christian bishops of various faiths, such as those of the Orthodox Church, wear a pectoral cross as a symbol of their rank and authority.Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church members are expected to wear a cross, which is usually connected to either a chain or matäb, which is silk string.The matäb is tied around the recipient’s neck at the moment of baptism, and the matäb is intended to be worn at all times by the recipient.When women wear the matäb, they will frequently attach a crucifix or other pendant to it, but this is not considered necessary.The wearing of cross necklaces was traditionally prohibited in some countries, such as the People’s Socialist Republic of Albania, which is an atheist state.
Some religious groups, such as Jehovah’s Witnesses, feel that wearing a cross is prohibited by the Ten Commandments, which prohibit idolatry.The wearing of cross necklaces at work was a violation of their employment conditions in two high-profile British incidents.Nurse Shirley Chaplin and British Airways flight attendant Nadia Eweida were both reprimanded for breaking their employer’s rules.Both pursued their cases to the European Court of Human Rights; Chaplin’s case was dismissed, while Eweida was granted damages on the basis that the UK government had failed to consider her right to religious expression seriously enough.In light of such cases, in 2012 the former archbishop of Canterbury of the Anglican Communion, Lord Carey of Clifton, and then head of the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland, Cardinal Keith O’Brien, have urged all Christians to wear cross necklaces regularly.
- He is a middle-aged man who wears three distinct cross necklaces.
- A cross necklace in the crucifix type worn by the Belarusian-Russian singer Bianka
- In the late 17th century, a crucifix pendant with a double-headed eagle was crafted in Poland.
- Green-colored cross necklace
- Toofan is wearing a cross necklace
- a cross necklace
- John Renard is a writer who lives in New York City (1 August 2001). The Religious Answer Book in a Convenient Size. The publisher is Visible Ink Press, and the ISBN number is 1578591252. A cross or a fish symbol may be worn by or shown by those who are affiliated with any number of Christian churches or groups. Liz James is an actress and singer from the United Kingdom (30 April 2008). The Development of Supernaturalism in Christianity and Its Cure Mercer University Press, ISBN 9780881460940, is a publisher in the United States. It seems unlikely that the majority of Christians who have worn crosses have trivialized a basic message of Jesus about renunciation of self-centeredness, which is symbolically represented as ″bearing one’s cross.″ Rather than being a strong magical sign or a beautiful ornament to dazzle others, they see the emblem primarily as a reminder to themselves of their dedication to one who lay down His life in love for friends and foes alike. William E. Phipps is an American businessman and philanthropist (4 May 2010). A Companion to the History of Byzantium. The publisher is John Wiley & Sons, and the ISBN is 9781405126540. The truth is that cross-wearers, as well as those who interred icons and other treasures in the graves of loved ones, were likely to believe that they were faithful to Christ and His Cross.
- Mark U. Edwards (17 September 2006). Religion on Our College and University Campuses ISBN 1403972109. Published by Palgrave Macmillan on page 22. Consider the following examples: clothing and jewelry. A yarmulke or a headscarf may be worn by an Orthodox Jewish male student, a headscarf by a Moslem female student, and crosses by Christian students of both sexes are permitted (5 April 2000). Christianity. Nelson Thornes’s book has the ISBN 9780748753208. For the most part, Orthodox Christians will continue to wear this cross throughout their life. The Greek Orthodox Church published a document in 2012 titled ″On Wearing the Cross.″ Every Orthodox Christian is given a picture of the Precious Cross, which is to be worn around the neck, during their holy Baptism. In every situation, from the moment of baptism to the moment of death, every Orthodox Christian is expected to wear a cross at all times
- (25 August 2010). ″Who is allowed to wear the Cross and when?″ The Coptic Orthodox Diocese of Los Angeles, Southern California, and Hawaii is comprised of a number of parishes.
- retrieved on August 18, 2020
- George D. Konstantopoulos is the author of this work (18 September 2017). ″After their Baptism, all Orthodox Christians are given a cross to wear for the rest of their lives.″ The Greek Orthodox Church of St. Andrew. Retrieved on the 18th of August, 2020. A. Konstantopoulos and George D. Konstantopoulos, George D. (18 September 2017). ″After their Baptism, all Orthodox Christians are given a cross to wear for the rest of their lives.″ The Greek Orthodox Church of St. Andrew. The original version of this article was published on July 22, 2018. Liz James was able to get a hold of a copy of the document on August 18, 2020. (30 April 2008). The Development of Supernaturalism in Christianity and Its Cure Mercer University Press, ISBN 9780881460940, is a publisher in the United States. Beginning in the fifth century, the cross has been extensively worn as an amulet, and the novel Dracula depicts the cross as a means of protection against vampires. Many Christians still wear polished miniatures of the cross around their necks, according to Michael Symmons Roberts (2011-09-12). ″The Crucifixion.″ British Broadcasting Corporation (Broadcasting Corporation of Great Britain) (BBC). A long time has passed since the concept that the cross can ward off evil and protect those who wear it was first expressed (7 May 2009). Taking the first step into the New Theological Space. Published by Ashgate Publishing under the ISBN 978-0754663393.
- Although a cross necklace is a Christian symbol, it is also common enough in secular style that it can be worn by those for whom it has little or no meaning beyond being culturally or fashionable.
- Metropolitan Jewelry, (Sophie McConnell, ed. ), Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.), 1991, ISBN 9780870996160
- and Ethiopian Orthodox Church (Ethiopian Orthodox Church) (2003). W. Aymero and M. Joachim (eds.). In this section, we will discuss ″The Sacramental: The Cross and the Crucifix.″ The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church is an Ethiopian Orthodox church. Ethiopian Orthodox mission is based in Addis Ababa. The original version of this article was published on March 22, 2013. Ethiopianorthodox.org was able to obtain this information on April 30, 2015. The cross, which is attached to a string or delicate chain, is worn around the neck of practically all Christians from birth until their deaths.
- Siegbert Uhlig (2007). He-N. Otto Harrassowitz Verlag publishes the Encyclopaedia Aethiopica under the ISBN 9783447056076. The Matäb, an Ethiopian Christian symbol, is a blue (occasionally black) silk thread that is put around the neck of a child during the baptism rite.. Women may subsequently add other embellishments to the M., albeit a plain string is already regarded to be a truly expensive piece of jewelry. There are several options for pendants, including a cross.. They can be mixed in any way you like, and none of them are required. Jozef Tomko and Tomko (28 February 2007). On Missionary Roads, to be precise. 452 pages, ISBN 9781586171650 from Ignatius Press. It was retrieved on the 9th of April, 2014. Albania was the world’s first entirely atheistic state, according to Hoxha, who declared it thus in 1967. It used to be mostly a Muslim country, with a tiny Catholic minority and a few Greek Orthodox communities in the southern part of the country. From the beginning of communist control, all faiths were required to severe their links with their centers in other lands. Almost all of the priests who managed to survive the early persecutions were imprisoned or forced to work in labor camps. There were no religious orders left in existence, and all religious ceremonies, including the celebration of the sacraments, were forbidden and punishable by death for anyone who participated in them. People were also forbidden from wearing religious jewelry, such as necklaces or little crosses, since they were deemed offensive. So, what exactly does the Bible teach us? 51–204 on pages 51–204 of Watch Tower Society’s 2005 publication.
- ″Cardinal Keith O’Brien encourages Christians to ‘proudly’ wear the cross,″ says the New York Times. British Broadcasting Corporation (Broadcasting Corporation of Great Britain) (BBC). The 7th of April, 2012.
- ″Cross case nurse Shirley Chaplin prepares to appeal ruling″
- ″Cross case nurse Shirley Chaplin intends to appeal ruling″
- ″Cross case nurse Shirley Chaplin plans to appeal ruling.″ BBC News, January 15, 2013. On July 17, 2017, Christians were urged to wear crosses in response to efforts to ″sideline″ their faith. The Daily Telegraph published an article on April 6, 2012, titled Christian leaders, including former Archbishop of Canterbury Lord Carey and Scottish Cardinal Keith O’Brien, have urged Christians to express their religious convictions in public following a succession of instances that have brought religious freedom into the forefront.
- An explanation for wearing crosses (from a Greek Orthodox Christian perspective)
- an explanation for wearing cross necklaces (from a Russian Orthodox Christian perspective)
- and an explanation for wearing crosses (from a Roman Catholic perspective).
What Does a Cross Pendant Say About You?
- Lester Fangonilo will be born on October 5, 2021.
- A variety of factors contribute to cross pendants’ widespread popularity as fashion jewelry.
- What does it say about you or someone else if you wear one or witness someone else wearing one?
- The majority of the time, wearing a cross pendant has something to do with one’s religious beliefs as a Christian or as a Roman Catholic: it serves as a visible representation of one’s belief in the redemption of man won through Christ’s sacrifice on the cross, as well as a symbol of hope in a hereafter.
- However, the meaning behind cross pendants may vary depending on who is wearing them, that individual’s personality, their beliefs, their motivation for wearing a cross, and even the material and design of the pendant itself can all influence the meaning.
What Cross Pendants Mean in the Context of Belief
- October 5, 2021 – Lester Fangonilo’s birthday A variety of factors contribute to the popularity of cross pendants as fashion jewelry.
- What does it say about you or them if you wear one or witness someone else wearing one?
- Generally speaking, wearing a cross pendant has something to do with one’s religious beliefs as a Christian or as a Roman Catholic: it serves as a visible representation of one’s belief in the redemption of man won through Christ’s sacrifice on the cross, as well as a symbol of hope in a hereafter.
- However, the meaning behind cross pendants can vary depending on who is wearing them, that individual’s personality, their beliefs, their motivation for wearing a cross, and even the material and style of the pendant itself can influence the meaning.
Symbol of personal faith
- Even in these difficult economic times, cross pendants remain a powerful statement of one’s personal faith, regardless of one’s financial circumstances.
- Because they are given as gifts at one’s Christening, cross pendants are widely regarded as the first piece of jewelry that many people born into Christian households ever receive in their life.
- The Confirmation of a person into the religion, which normally occurs when a person is twelve or thirteen years old, is another occasion on which cross pendants are given to others, particularly Catholics.
A rebel/dark streak
- Cross pendants, on the other hand, are a popular ornament for younger individuals who are interested in the Goth subculture, which is more ominous in nature.
- Cross pendants are worn to represent the individual’s belief in death and the transience of human existence in this setting.
- It is typically worn in an irreverent, rather funereal fashion that effectively snubs the Christian concept that the cross, although being an instrument of execution, represents the promise of eternal life.
- For a Goth, the cross is a sign of death; when inverted, as in the practice of Satanic ceremonies, it also represents the denial of all that the cross symbolizes and represents.
You’re hopeful of humanity
- Cross pendants are also popular among non-Christians as a personal item that has an unexpected significance that is not immediately apparent.
- Many non-believers, even those who do not prefer to attend any particular churches or who do not intend to convert, rega