Mary Mary – What a Friend Lyrics
As a result of our collaboration with Regent University, Jesus School is very excited. In recognition of completing two years of Jesus School, you will be entitled for a 20 percent discount as well as nine credit hours toward your study at a local community college. There are 135 different degree programs available at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate levels at Regent University. The opportunity to take the next step in your continuing education is a rare and wonderful thing. Please see this link for further details.
The easy, fastfun way to learn how to sing: 30DaySinger.com
Writing credit goes to: Erica ATKINS-CAMPBELL, Erica Monique ATKINS-CAMPBELL, TRECINA ATKINS-CAMPBELL, and WARRYN CAMPBELLLyrics courtesy of Warner Chappell Music, Inc. Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC and Warner Chappell Music, Inc. Lyrics provided by LyricFind under license.
- 3 What a wonderful friend
- A.Is this the real time
- B.Is this the real life
- C.Is this the genuine love
- D.Is this the real deal
- A.Is this the real time
Don’t miss Mary Mary’s
- Wednesday, March 2nd, 7:00 p.m. 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 3, at the Prince Edward Theatre in London. The Prince Edward Theatre in London will host a performance on Thursday, March 3 at 7:30 p.m. The Prince Edward Theatre in London will be open on Friday, March 4, at 7:30 p.m. The Prince Edward Theatre in London will host a performance on Saturday, March 5th at 05:30 PM. The Prince Edward Theatre in London is a historical landmark.
Mary Mary – What a Friend Lyrics
The song What a Friend by Mary Mary has had its lyrics translated into 1 other languages. You know, people have told me all my life that true friendship is difficult to find, but I had to find out for myself. Now I’ve come to realize, oh, ohWhat a friend we have in Jesus, who will bear all of our sins and sorrows. What an honor it is to bring everything before God in prayer. In prayer, I give everything to God. All of my strength is spent in a never-ending cycle of loss. There are friends who provide limited warranties, and then there are friends who offer lifetime guarantees.
- Oh, what a friend we have in Jesus.
- In prayer, I give everything to God.
- Everything is brought to God via prayer.
- What a wonderful buddy we have in Jesus.
- What an honor it is to bring everything before God in prayer.
- Atkins, Warryn S., and Warryn S.
What a Friend We Have in Jesus – Wikipedia
|“What a Friend We Have in Jesus”|
|Published||lyrics published 1865 by H. L. Hastings lyrics with tune published 1870 byOliver DitsonCo.|
|Composer(s)||Charles C. Converse (1868)|
|Lyricist(s)||Joseph M. Scriven (1855)|
It was initially composed as a poem by preacher Joseph M. Scriven in 1855 to console his mother, who was living in Ireland at the time while he was in Canada. It is now considered a Christian hymn and is sung by millions of people worldwide. Scriven first published the poem anonymously, and it was only in the 1880s that he was given full credit for it. The hymn’s music was created by Charles Crozat Converse in 1868, and it is still in use today. There are several variations of the hymn, each with a different set of lyrics in a variety of languages.
Other songs, such as the Welsh “Calon Lân,” have been used in conjunction with the lyrics in some instances (originally wedded to the Welsh poem translated as “A Pure Heart”).
- Washington Phillips, as “Jesus Is My Friend” (1928,Columbia Records)
- s Bing Crosby(1951,Beloved Hymns)
- s Tennessee Ernie Ford(1958,Nearer the Cross,Capitol Records)
- s Rosemary Clooney(1959,Hymns from the Heart,MGM Records)
- s The Stanley Brothers(1960)
- s RenoSmileyand the Tennessee Cut-Ups (1963)
- s Ella Fitzgeraldwith the Ralph Carmichael Choir (1967,Brighten the Corner)
- s Thurl Ravenscroft(1970,Great Hymns In Story and Song)
- s Aretha Franklin(1972,Amazing Grace)
- s IkeTina Turner(1974,The Gospel According to IkeTina)
- s Lester Flattand the Nashville Grass (1975), the LPFlatt Gospel. Also performed by FlattScruggs while Flatt andEarl Scruggsplayed together
- Bill Monroe(Bear Family (German) BCD-16639 My Last Days On Earth 1981-1994
- s Wadeand Julia Mainer with unknown musicians (1989)
- s Glen Campbell(1989,Favorite Hymns)
- s Driving Miss Daisy(1989) sung at Little Friendship Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia
- s The John Tesh Project(2000,Pure Hymns)
- s Amy Grantrecorded it as part of the medley “What a Friend We Have in Jesus/Old Rugged Cross/ How Great Thou Art ” on her 2002 studio albumLegacy. Hymns and Faith, and later included on her 2015 compilation albumBe Still and Know. Hymns Faith
- s Alan Jackson(2006,Precious Memories)
- s Brad Paisley(2008,Play)
- s Ronnie Milsap(2009,Then Sings My Soul)
- s Hugh Laurie(2013,Didn’t It Rainas “Changes” byAlan Price)
- s Monty Alexander(2013,Uplift 2)
- William Bolcomcomposed asettingof the hymn in 1979
The title of the hymn was initially translated into Japanese as “Itsukushimi Fukaki” (lit. “Merciful”), which is the name by which it is best known. When Daisui Sugitani reworked the lyrics in Japanese and altered the title to “Hoshi no Yo” (lit. “World of Stars”) in 1910, it was considered a breakthrough. Another version, titled “Hoshi no Sekai” (lit. “World of Stars”), was written by Ryko Kawaji and published under the same title. It is also known by the term “Tsumitoga o Ninou” (lit. “To Bear Sin”) in some regions of Japan.
- Both of the hymn instrumentals from “Hoshi no Sekai” and “Itsukushimi Fukaki” are utilized as background music for Key’s 2004 visual novelPlanetarian: The Reverie of a Little Planet, which was arranged byMagome Togoshi and released in Japan in 2004.
- Statistics show that the majority of Indonesians are Muslim (about 76 percent), but native religious elements account for up to 90 percent of the overall population, and as a result, the hymn is only generally recognized among artists, scholars, and members of Indonesia’s Christian community.
- It is sung as “Yeshu kaisa dost pyara” in Hindi, and it is considered to be a very important song.
- In Malayalam, the hymn known as “Enthu Nallore sakhi Yesu” is sung to provide solace and to serve as an invitation to follow Christ in his mission.
- Preethi gala mana Yesu is the translation, and it is hymn No.
- In India, the hymn “Dulob Jezu,” which is performed in Konkani, was translated into English by Felix Paul Noronha of Mangalore.
- For more than a century, this song has been sung in unison by the churches of evangelical denominations.
Parodies and homages
Among the songs that have been made fun of include the soldiers’ song from World War I, “When this awful war is finished.” More recently, the song has been used to express dissatisfaction with the way theBoris Johnson administration handled the Coronavirus outbreak. When thiscovid lockdown is lifted, my, what a relief it will be. Send theBozo back to Eton, if possible. I’m done with the Tory idiots. There will be no more applauding with the cretins. There will be no Matt Handcock making trouble.
Sir KeirStarscream is a fictional character created by Sir Keir Starscream.
Hugh Laurie recorded a cover version of the song for his album Didn’t It Rain in 2013. The song will also be included in the anime series Taisho Otome Fairy Tale, which will premiere in 2021.
- Rise Up Singing, page 98
- Hymn457 in the Lutheran Hymnal
- And more sources.
- “What a friend we have in Jesus,” according to the Hymnology Archive. retrieved on the 5th of July, 2020
- Chapter IX, page 301 of The Valley of the Trent’s The Valley of the Trent, Edwin C. Guillet’s “Community Life: Religion.” The Champlain Society, 1957
- “What a Friend We Have in Jesus,” retrieved on 2007-05-03
- Polack, W. G., et al (1941). Lutheran Hymnal: A Handbook for the Lutheran Hymnal. Concordia University Press, St. Louis, Missouri, p. 323
- “Washington Phillips discography.” Washington Phillips discography. wirz.de. Obtainable on August 24, 2015
- George Washington Phillips says, “Jesus is my best friend.” AllMusic, accessed August 24, 2015
- “Pure Hymns overview,” accessed August 24, 2015. Allmusic. “Monty Alexander UPLIFT 2,” which was retrieved on July 4, 2010. Jazz Legacy Productions is a jazz-themed production company. “Bolcom, W.: Gospel Preludes, Books 1-4 (Hand)”, which was retrieved on January 11, 2014. Naxos. “Itsukushimi Fukaki song sheet,” which was retrieved on November 11, 2021. (PDF). 312: What a Friend We Have in Jesus. Retrieved 2008-03-19
- Christhiya Keerthanangal (Christian Hymns). 2007. Hymn 173
- “Trench Songs – When this Lousy War is Over”. The Poetry of the First World War Digital Archive. On the 30th of July in the year 2020,
- “What a Friend We Have in Jesus,” says the author. Silver wings is a compilation of brand-new Sunday school music that was composed specifically for this project. Boston, Massachusetts: Oliver Ditson Company, 1870. Retrieved2020-07-05
- Timeless Truths has a piano score (pdf) available.