How To Receive Healing From God
|By Dale A. Robbins ″Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases″ (Psalms 103:2-3) The story is told of a young Irishman who once sought to purchase a boat fare to America, where he hoped to immigrate. From his years of savings, he discovered that he had sufficient to pay the fare, but not enough to pay for his meals aboard the ship. However, determined to seek the opportunity for a new life, he booked his passage and managed to scrape a few cents together for a meager bag of cheese and stale bread to carry him through his long journey. One evening during the first two weeks at sea, the Captain was walking the deck when he noticed the Irishman sitting near the bow eating his cheese and bread. ″Why aren’t you in the galley eating supper with the other passengers?″ asked the Captain. The Irishman replied, ″I regret sir that I only had sufficient funds to buy passage, but not enough to pay for meals.″ The Captain looked at him curiously and said, ″Son, didn’t you know that when you bought your ticket that your meals were included with your fare?″ Just as the Irishman didn’t realize that his meals were a benefit paid for in the price of his ticket, many Christians are unaware that Christ’s atonement on the cross paid for other benefits besides eternal life. Just as the psalmist said in our text above, ″Don’t forget all the Lord’s benefits! He forgives all your sins, and also heals all your diseases!″ Healing is a Part of Christ’s Atonement Due to mankind’s sin, which brought separation from God’s fellowship, God sent Jesus to endure the sufferings and the brutal execution on the cross, ″in our place,″ as our substitute, so that all mankind could have a ″bridge″ back to the fellowship and benefits of God. ″For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him″ (2 Cor. 5:21). Jesus not only purchased the salvation of our soul, but His sufferings also secured our physical healing. In fact, the word ″salvation″ so frequently used in the New Testament, comes from the Greek, SOTERIA, which means ″wholeness and healing, both in the physical and spiritual.″ Years before Jesus came to the earth, the prophet Isaiah described the sufferings of the Savior and their reason. He wrote, ″Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed″ (Isaiah 53:4-5). The stripes mentioned by Isaiah were the awful lashings upon Jesus’ back by the Roman whips. Thirty nine stripes were the traditional punishment for a condemned prisoner. According to the scripture, these stripes upon Christ were in behalf of our healing (1 Peter 2:24). Is it God’s will to Heal? Since the Bible indicates that healing is a part of the reason of our Lord’s sufferings, and is inseparable from the idea of salvation, we must assume that it is as much God’s will to heal you as it is to save you! And of course we know that the Lord wants everyone to be saved (2 Peter 3:9). Furthermore, the four Gospels show that during Jesus’ earthly ministry, there were eleven occasions that persons approached Jesus for healing. Not once did Jesus turn anyone away or state that it was not His will. This is significant since the Bible is intended to show God’s will for man. In one instance, a leper came to Jesus inquiring whether it was His will to heal him. He said, ″Lord, if it is your will you can heal me.″ Jesus extended his hand and said, ″It’s my will; Be healed!″ And the man’s leprosy vanished (Matthew 8:2-3). The scriptures confirm repeatedly that Jesus went about ″.healing all who were oppressed by the devil.″ (Acts 10:38). It also says, He went to the villages and towns. ″healing every sickness and every disease among the people.″ (Matthew 9:35). We know that from history, many people derived their names by what they did for a living. For instance, those named ″Smith″ came from generations of blacksmiths. It was a good way for a person to advertise their trade, ″I’m Walter the Smith.″ Similarly, God identifies His own name by what He does. In the Old Testament, God says that His name is JEHOVAH RAHPA, or ″I am the LORD that heals you″ (Exodus 15:26). Think of it! God says that His name is ″The Lord that heals you!″ How could God reveal His will more clearly than to give himself a name that says He heals you? Not only is it His will, it’s His name – it’s who He is and what He does! Does this mean everyone will be healed? Obviously, not everyone receives healing in this present life, and all of us will eventually die in our mortal bodies. But even when a believer passes away and goes to Heaven, there they experience God’s ultimate gift of healing, as they will never again have any more illness, pain or death. Jesus, however, didn’t focus his teachings on ″what if it doesn’t happen,″ but upon the possibilities of what God can do through faith. I can’t speculate why some sincere believers haven’t experienced divine healing, while others have. which I have personally witnessed hundreds of times. Only the Lord can give us those kind of answers when we reach Heaven. But what we do know from scripture, is that Jesus taught His followers to ″believe,″ to take Him at His Word. And he says, ″If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes″ (Mark 9:23). Five Steps to Receive Healing from God (1) Submit yourself to God — As much as it is God’s will and desire to heal, such things as unconfessed sin, disobedience, unbelief, or unforgiveness toward others can hinder your reception of healing, and in some instances, could actually be the original cause of your illness. Any affliction should be a time for self-examination, to come before the Lord in humility, surrendering yourself and drawing near to Him. James wrote, ″Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up″ (James 4:7-10). (2) Look to God’s Word — Read and meditate continuously upon the healing promises in the Bible. As you let them absorb into your inner man, it will bring a great sense of assurance. This is the confidence of faith that comes as you open your heart to the Word of God (Rom 10:17). ″My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh″ (Proverbs 4:20-22). How important it is that we focus upon God’s Word, as this is the source of His healing power. ″He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions″ (Psalms 107:20). (3) Pray in Faith — Place your faith in the finished work of Christ’s sufferings in behalf of your sickness or disease. Christ has already paid for your healing and has placed it into effect, making it available to you. Now it’s up to you to accept His finished work by faith. ″Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them″ (Mark 11:24). (4) Call for Church Elders — Request for the elders or ministers of the church to anoint you with oil and pray the prayer of faith over you. The Bible says, ″Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven″ (James 5:14-15). Notice that it says the prayer of faith SHALL SAVE THE SICK! Ask the elders and other believers to lay hands on you and pray. ″.they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover″ (Mark 16:18). Again, notice that it says THEY WILL RECOVER! (5) Keep Believing — Don’t stop praying and believing! This is the most common reason why some people don’t receive healing. They get discouraged and give up their faith. Most would prefer to have instantaneous healing, but most healings occur gradually over time. Be patient and be steadfast in your faith. Keep praising and thanking Him for your answer. God will be faithful to His Word, if you will be faithful to believe! ″.Do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises″ (Hebrews 6:12). CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN Thisarticle (VL-116) is copyrighted © by Dr. Dale A. Robbins, 1990-2022 and is a publication of Victorious Publications, Grass Valley, CA – Nashville, TN. Unless otherwise stated, scripture references were taken from The New King James Bible, © Thomas Nelson Inc., 1982. In some references to real persons, pseudonyms may have been used to preserve their privacy. You may download this article for personal use as long as you retain credit to the author. Obtain permission before reproducing copies for any reason, by filling out our simple use permission form. Many of our writings are also available as free pdf tri-fold pamphlets, which can be downloaded for reproduction from our Online Catalog. For media reproduction rights, or to obtain quantities of this title in other formats, email us. If you have appreciated these online materials, help us reach the world with the Gospel by considering a monthly or one-time tax-deductable donation.|
How to Receive Healing – Oral Roberts
Written by Oral Roberts 1.Recognize that God’s desire is for you to be healed.The fact that God has the ability to cure practically everyone is well acknowledged.Acceptance on a purely mental level is insufficient.Personal, active trust in God is required if we are to be healed on our own.Christ’s death on the cross, I believe, encompasses all people everywhere and throughout all eras.
This is my true belief.When it comes to Jesus, the apostle Peter says, ″Who his own self bore our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, could live unto righteousness, by whose ″tears you were healed,″ he is referring to the death of Jesus on the cross.(See 1 Peter 2:24.) More than seven hundred years before the crucifixion, the prophet Isaiah predicted that Christ would be the Savior and healer of the world.
″However, he was wounded for our trespasses, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace fell upon him, and it is by his stripes that we are healed,″ he said (Isaiah 53:5).Both Isaiah and Peter say that the stripes of Christ are a means of healing.Someone recently pointed out to me that the Roman scourger who scourged Jesus in Pilate’s Hall of Judgment administered thirty-eight lashes on His back during His trial.In addition, the medical community claims that there are thirty-eight main illnesses.If this is accurate, then there is a healing stripe on the flesh of Jesus’ back that corresponds to each sickness.
Personal, active trust in God is required if we are to be healed on our own.When the apostle Matthew recounts Jesus’ healing miracles as the Great Physician, he concludes the day’s work of deliverance by declaring that Jesus’ healing ability is a fulfillment of the scriptures.’…they brought vnto Him those who were afflicted by devils; and He drove out the spirits with His word, and cured all those who were sick, that it may be fulfilled which was declared by Esias the prophet: ‘He Himself took our infirmities and bore our diseases,’″ Matthew wrote.
(Matthew 8:16 and 17 are alluding to Isaiah 53:4.) 2.Keep in mind that healing begins inside you.
- You may communicate with God, and He can communicate with you via your soul.
- When God breathed the breath of life into man, he was transformed into a living soul by the Holy Spirit.
- ″God is a spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth,″ Jesus explains in the Gospel of John.
- (See also John 4:14).
- What causes a guy to be ruled by fear?
Because he isn’t putting his faith to work.What is he doing that he isn’t utilizing his religion for?Why?
Because he has fallen out of tune and out of rhythm with his Creator.One thing is capable of separating a man from God: ″…your iniquities have divided between you and your God, and your crimes have hidden his face from you, so that he would not hear″ (Isaiah 59:2).The most difficult battle that man must wage is within himself, for he is condemned by his own faults.The application of faith will be ineffective as long as this is true.″If our hearts do not condemn us, then we may have confidence (faith) in God’s judgment″ (I John 8:21).
- ″Does a person have faith whether or not he is in good standing with God?″ I see the question being posed.
- It is true that he does, and the answer is yes.
- Every person has faith because God instills a degree of faith in each individual.
- What distinguishes them is that faith will not operate as long as there is sin present in a person’s life.
- Sin is a powerful force that divides people’s hearts.
- It is a destructive force.
- Faith has been inert and inactive for a long time (James 2:17).
- The soul is powerless in the face of the arduous grind of life unless it is armed with the power of active faith.
- It is the body and the mind, which are intimately connected to the soul, that are most affected by its anxieties and vulnerabilities, making them easy prey for mental and physical illnesses.
- To summarize, you cannot serve the devil with your life without ultimately failing in the war of life.
- ″You must be born again,″ Jesus declares (John 3:3).
- The present moment of birth is a spiritual transformational event (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- The sentence of imprisonment has been removed.
″Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit″ (Romans 8.1).3.Establish a point of contact for the purpose of releasing your faith.
- God is the only one who can heal.
- Doctors do a fine job, but they can only aid nature, whereas God is the only one who can genuinely bring about deliverance.
- Ultimately, God and His children are the ones who have control over Satan’s persecution of human existence.
- God, on the other hand, is a spirit, and we might become perplexed when He is not immediately in front of us in a human form.
- He does not come into your room in the manner of your family physician with medical potions and instruments, you cannot see Him with the naked eye, and you cannot travel to heaven and present your case in the manner in which you would go to your doctor’s office.
- He does not come into your room in the manner in which you would go to your doctor’s office.
- So, how can we get in touch with Him?
- By establishing a point of contact with the customer.
- When you confront your finite self with your boundless God, this is when faith comes into play.
An first point of contact is provided as a method of calming you down and assisting you in letting go of your beliefs.Establishing a point of contact is similar to turning on your car’s ignition and expecting anything to happen.The centurion of the Romans stated.If you want to enter under my house, I don’t think you’re worthy of it, but just utter the word and my servant will be cured.″ Make your voice heard!
″Because I (also) am a man in power, with troops under me, and I say to this guy, ″Go,″ and he goes; and I say to another, ″Come,″ and he comes; and I say to my servant, ″Do this,″ and he does it,″ he said.(8:5–13; Matthew 8:5–13).Remember that the lady who had a problem with her blood utilized a point of touch, which assisted her in determining the best time for healing.
- ″If I am only allowed to touch His clothing, I will be whole,″ she declared.
- When you confront your finite self with your boundless God, this is when faith comes into play.
- However, touching His garments let her unleash her faith, and the faith she had released was what brought about the healing she needed to complete her healing.
- It is for this reason that God provides us with a point of contact.
- The book of Acts describes how handkerchiefs or aprons were distributed from the apostle Paul’s body to the ill and demon-possessed, and how deliverance was accomplished via the use of these little faith-clothes.
These cloths served as points of touch, and when they were put on the bodies of the sick and suffering, the prisoners were able to let go of their bonds and walk free again.To my own surprise and delight, the Lord has inspired and instructed me to continue the ministry of healing via cloths, and we are now giving out over 10,000 cloths every month.4.
- Now is the time to let your trust fly!
- The urge to say something like, ″Believe now and you may find deliverance″ has come up so frequently for me.
- If pressed about their expectations for being cured, many captives may respond with something like, ″Oh, whenever God is ready, I’m ready.″ God has been waiting for us the entire time.
It’s your turn to make the next move.The response from some is, ″I’m expecting God to cure me at any time.″ There is a certain degree of legitimate merit on the surface of that remark, but I want to remind you that it is not biblical in nature.There is a specific time period during which faith is effective, and until you establish a time frame, it is unlikely that you will ever be delivered.In the words of God, ″Today is the day of salvation″ (deliverance).
When you anticipate healing to take place at some point in the future, you are pushing it off into the hazy, vague, and distant past.God desires to heal you right now.The finest moment is when God is ready, and God is ready right now!The woman with the bloody problem established a day and time for when she would touch His robe.The centurion established a day and time for rescue, which coincided with when Jesus delivered the word.In the synagogue, the ruler established a time: ″Come and lay hands on my kid.″ They anticipated deliverance to occur at the very moment the Lord performed the task they had requested of Him.
In the event that we believe and set a time for it, God will respond and operate on our favor.If faith has risen in your heart, let it go; don’t even bother to read the rest of this; believe God right away!This is a magnificent privilege and a once-in-a-lifetime chance.It is the Lord who is saying, ″At this very moment.″ The longer you wait to believe, the weaker your faith will become; conversely, the sooner you believe, the stronger your faith will become.
Now is the time to strike a blow in the direction of deliverance.If faith has risen in your heart, let it go; don’t even bother to read the rest of this; believe God right away!When you are ready to believe, that is when deliverance will come.The key to deliverance is in the act of immediate obedience.5.
Bring the case to a close in order to win.When the Bible criteria are satisfied and you feel the power of healing flowing through your body in response to the faith prayer, it is time to close the case: return to the old route you have been walking and trust God at every turn.Remove any and all barriers that stand between you and the old ailment.Except when God specifically moves you to share your experience, focus on God’s amazing power of deliverance rather than on what the devil afflicted you with or how you suffered as a result of your suffering instead.Change your perspective and choose to see the bright side of life.6.
Identify with and associate with other believers.I am well aware of how critical it is to have encouragement and a faith-filled environment in which to live after being healed.I was feeling terribly weak in my body a few days after I had been cured of my illness.Seeing my disillusionment, my mother, a fervent lady of faith, remarked, ″Son, you had been unwell for a long time and you had been bedfast when God cured you.
- For you to regain your strength, you will need to exercise and put in some effort.″ She was important in my recovery.
- In retrospect, I have often wondered what would have happened to me if my mother and father had not created a faith-filled environment for me during those first hard days of my healing process.
- I’ve pondered the following scenario: What if I had been a member of a church whose minister and members were hostile to healing and to those who had received healing?
- Was there anything I could have done in a moment of weakness and melancholy if these folks had failed to support me or if they had laughed at my expense?
- How can I, who has been cured by a miracle, accept assistance from a church that rejects the feasibility and actuality of the miracle of healing that has taken place in me as a result of my trust in God?
- Think about how I would feel if the minister made fun of the folks who had prayed for my cure using the ″prayer of faith.″ For individuals who have received deliverance by trust in God, there is only one solution: they must associate with a church that believes in Bible deliverance and will offer them with an abundance of confidence and hope in their newfound freedom.
- Page 12 of THE VOICE OF HEALING, published in December 1950
God heals his people for His Glory in Jesus Name.
If you need to know how to engage yourself in self-deliverance and healing in the name of Jesus, please contact us by clicking here.Written by Ron Phillips In the church, healing is one of the most divisive topics we can discuss because it is so personal.There is no question, however, that the Bible is replete with instances of Jesus’ healing miracles and that he is the Son of God.According to the following three Scriptures, healing is a result of the stripes Jesus received before going to the cross: ″But He was wounded for our trespasses, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was laid on Him, and by His stripes we are healed″ (Isaiah 53:4-5).″They brought before Him people who were tormented by demons,″ says Isaiah 53:5.And He sent out the devils with a word, and He cured everyone who was sick, in order that the prophecy of Isaiah the prophet, ″’He Himself took our infirmities and bore our illnesses,’″ may be fulfilled.
″Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the cross, so that we, having died to sins, may live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed″ (Matt.8:16-17).(1 Pet.
2:24).Furthermore, healing miracles were performed for Christians during the early church’s history.In fact, the apostle John stated in 3 John 1:2 that Christians should pray for health and prosperity.″Beloved, I pray that you may flourish in all things and be in good health, just as your soul prospers,″ he said.The importance of our relationship to Jesus’ healing work cannot be overstated when we consider his healing ministry: We are His physical body here on earth now (1 Cor.
3:16).Because of this, we must demonstrate the same enthusiasm for healing that we have witnessed in Him.Any analysis of Jesus’ healing miracles performed during His lifetime would provide information about how He healed and who He healed as well as the circumstances under which He healed.The Bible reveals that He healed people in a variety of ways: through the Word; through the faith of the sick; to release service; to restore life; to deliver from demons; through the faith of others besides the sick; through the faith of the desperate and persistent; to reveal God (and God’s heart); and to reveal His enemies.
In order for His healing power to be released to our generation, we, as His body, must do the same.Taking Control of Your Power Although we are aware of all of this, there are still doubts and disagreements about ministries of healing.The following are some often asked questions: 1) Does God cure everyone?
- 2) Why are some people not able to recover?
- Which religion is required for healing: the ill person’s faith, the minister’s faith, or a combination of faiths?
- I’ll admit that I don’t have all of the answers.
- However, I have looked into the Scriptures in order to find out how God healed her.
- As a result, I’ve discovered ten ways in which the church might unleash God’s healing power: 1.
By virtue of the existence of the gifts and the anointing to cure.There are instances when God sends healing gifts to specific locations, and this is one of them.This type of anointing is so intense that it may be felt through even the clothing that are worn.
People are cured in an atmosphere that is filled with the Holy Spirit, in which healing talents are unleashed.″And now, through the hands of Paul, God performed extraordinary miracles, such that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the ill, and the sicknesses left them and the bad spirits were driven out of them″ (Acts 19:11-12).In another faith by the same Spirit, in another gift of healing by the same Spirit, ″to another faith by the same Spirit″ (1 Corinthians 12:9).Healing is, without a doubt, a gift given to the church for the benefit of the congregation and the glory of God.2.By laying on of hands or other means.
- Every sincere believer has the privilege of praying for the recovery of the sick and laying hands on those who are ill.
- An unseen spiritual transference occurs as a result of this action in the visible domain.
- The Bible says, ″They will take up serpents, and if they drink anything dangerous, it will have no effect on them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.″ (Matthew 16:18) 3.
- Through the intercession of elders, prayer, and anointing oil.
- In this instance, the believer requests that the pastors pray for him of his own free will.
- It is vital to confess one’s sins and prepare one’s heart.
- The oil is a representation of the action of the Holy Spirit.
- ″Does anyone here have a cold or the flu?
- Make a gathering of church leaders and have them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of Jesus Christ.″ (See James 5:14.) In addition, you can speak the Word of God to your illness.
- Take note of the fact that the believer must state his or her need explicitly in the next verse.
- This is a term that must be said with assurance.
- Here’s a tool you may use to keep the nausea at bay till it goes away!
- Because, I guarantee you, whomever commands this mountain to be taken and put into the sea and does not have any doubts in his heart, but believes that the things he commands will be carried out, will get everything he commands″ (Mark 11:23).
5.With the use of the healing and agreement powers.The church was established by God in order for us to understand the importance of working together as a group.
- When two or more people come to an understanding regarding God’s will, Psalm 133 talks of God’s required blessing as a result.
- The only way for your healing to occur is for you and a church to come to an agreement.
- ″Again, I tell to you that if two of you on earth agree on anything that they ask for, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven,″ says the Lord.
- For whenever two or three people get together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.″ (See Matthew 18:19-20.) 6.
- By your own personal faith.
- Your personal faith-filled prayer has the potential to bring about healing for you.
- Faith, despite her illness, will make plans and continue on with her life.
- So I say to you, whatever it is you ask for in prayer, believe that you will get it, and you will receive it.
- (See Mark 11:24.) 7.
Through the intercession of Jesus Christ.It is said that the name of Jesus is a potent weapon against illness and demons.It is a veritable battering ram when it comes to bringing the illness down.In order for the Father to be glorified in the Son via the Son, everything you ask in My name, I will do.″ ″If you ask for something in My name, I will make it happen.″ (See also John 14:13-14.) ″Now, at the ninth hour of the day, Peter and John went up together to the temple to pray.
And they brought a certain man who had been born lame from his mother’s womb, whom they placed daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to collect alms from those who entered the temple; and as Peter and John were ready to enter the temple, the man approached them and asked for charity.Then, with his gaze fixed on him and John, Peter added, ‘Take a good look at us.’ As a result, he focused his attention on them, hoping to receive anything in return.Peter then said: ‘Silver and gold are not in my possession; but what I do possess I offer you: in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, stand up and walk.’″ And he seized him by the right hand and raised him up, and his feet and ankle bones acquired immediate strength as a result of this.
- As a result, he sprung to his feet and marched with them into the temple, walking, leaping, and praising God″ (Acts 3:1-8).
- It is important to note that it was the name of Jesus that provided healing.
- By praying for the well-being of others.
- When Job put his own interests aside and began to advocate on behalf of his errant companions, God brought about complete healing in his life.
God provided him with everything he required in the middle of his intercession.In addition, when Job prayed for his friends, the Lord recovered Job’s losses.″ Job did get double what he had previously received from the Lord.″ Job 42:10 is an example of this.9.
- As a result of the trust of others.
- Because of the faith of the man’s companions, Jesus was able to heal him of his paralysis.
- Jesus replied positively to their faith.
In the same way, believers can intercede for others.After witnessing their faith, Jesus told the paralytic, ‘Son, your sins are forgiven you.’ And some of the scribes were sitting there debating in their minds, ‘Why does this Man preach such blasphemy?’ they wondered.″Is there anybody else who can pardon sins besides God?″ However, as soon as Jesus detected in His spirit that they were reasoning in this manner inside themselves, He asked them, ‘Why are you reasoning about these things in your hearts?’ Which is more difficult: telling a paralyzed person, ″Your sins are forgiven you,″ or telling them, ″Arise, pick up your bed, and walk″?He told the paralytic, ‘I say to you, arise, pick up your bed, and go to your house’—in order that he could understand that the Son of Man has the authority to forgive sins on earth.″ (See Mark 2:5-11.) 10.
Through the use of medication.God created the human body with defensive mechanisms that are capable of responding to threats from sickness and disease.God may use medicine to cure since He has implanted healing mechanisms in the body, therefore assisting the body’s natural defenses against disease.Earlier this year, I underwent knee replacement surgery.Several brothers and sisters in Christ rebuked me for having this procedure because I didn’t rely entirely on prayer and intercession for my healing.I was taken aback by this.
I was taken aback by this until my friend Charles Carrin reminded me that it was Jesus Himself who declared, ″Those who are healthy have no need of a physician, but those who are sick have a need of a physician″ (Matt.9:12).God employs a variety of methods to provide healing to His children, and the majority of them can be cured unless it is their time to return to the presence of the Lord in heaven.Originally from Tennessee, Ron Phillips is the senior pastor of Abba’s House (previously Central Baptist Church), a church he’s been serving in Chattanooga since 1979.
Over the course of his career, he has written over 20 novels.We are extending our celebration of Charisma’s 40th anniversary for a limited time period.Get 40 copies of Charisma magazine for the low price of $40 as part of a special promotion!BRAND-NEW – Life in the Spirit serves as your Spirit-filled instructional manual.Discover the presence of the Holy Spirit, hear God speak to you, and be inspired by timeless teachings on love, mercy, and forgiveness in this course.
MORE INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND HERE.Natural healing at its finest.15.11.15
How to Receive Healing – Jesus Christ Heals
- How to Receive Healing and Divine Health from the Universe The solution is simple: turn straight to Jesus Christ.
- He is the one who heals.
- He is the rescuer of the world.
- He is the Supreme Being, the Lord God Almighty.
- He is the supreme power in both heaven and on earth (Matthew 28:18).
- When someone comes to know Him and is enveloped in His presence and majesty, they experience healing in all areas of their existence.
Additionally, in order to acquire divine health: ONE – Dwell in Him, according to John 15:7.Two – Allow the healing power of the word to operate in you.Three – John 5 – Do you want to be made whole again?A man who had been afflicted for 38 years was healed at the Pool of Bethesda — Find someone who shares your faith.
John 15:7 says, ″Abide in Him.″ ″Whoever abides in Him does not sin,″ according to 1 John 3:6.Everyone who has committed a sin has never seen or heard of Him.″ He requires our cooperation – John 8:31-32 – ″Then Jesus said to the Jews who believed Him, ‘If you abide in My word, you are really My disciples.’″ In that case, you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.″ 8:31-32 (John 8:31-32) Instructions on how to obtain healing One – Be open to receiving the healing message.He sent his word and cured them, according to Psalm 107:20.The second step is to let the wrd to operate its healing pwr in you.
Paul writes in 1 Thessalonians 2:13 that the word ″works effectively in those who believe.″ Finding someone who believes with you is step number three – John 5 – will you be made whole – According to Psalm 89:34, God’s word is entrenched for all time.Why is it that unbelievers are sometimes cured rapidly, yet Christians are not always healed as quickly as unbelievers?The Rev.
T.L.Osborne says, ″Because the unbeliever is cured as a result of God’s compassion, but the believer is healed as a result of God’s covenant.″ Unbelievers, on the other hand, are the ones who are denied healing.″ Believers operate under a whole distinct set of rules.Consider the following two rooms: the ″Mercy room″ and the ″Covenant room.″ Before they may receive their healing, believers must first visit the Covenant chamber and become acquainted with it.People’s recovery is hindered since there is no foundation in place.It is part of that basis to have a covenant.
- The covenant of healing was the first agreement God established with Israel when they were expelled from Egypt.
- Healing was prophesied in the Book of Numbers, and it was fulfilled in Jesus Christ.
- In Numbers 21:8-9 we read, ″Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, ‘Create a fiery serpent and place it on a pole; and it shall be that everyone who is bitten will survive if he looks at it.’″ To prevent this, Moses fashioned an iron snake and mounted it on a pole, so that everyone who came into contact with a serpent and gazed at the bronze serpent would be spared death.″ Israel had journeyed to the desert to be with the Lord.
Many people were bitten by serpents, were ill, and died as a result.Moses cried out to the Lord in a loud voice.The Lord instructed them to take this pole and place a serpent on it, and everybody who looks at the serpent will be healed of their ailments.The snake represents Christ’s suffering on the cross.″And just as Moses held up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him may not perish but may have everlasting life,″ Jesus declared in John 3:16.
- John 3:14-15 is a passage from the Bible.
- The key to doing miracles is to maintain a constant gaze on Jesus Christ via faith.
- While I keep my gaze fixed on Christ, the healing process begins and continues.
- Taking a leap of faith.
- Inquire into –to accept, dress in, be overtaken by, or become fascinated with.
- The word ″look″ refers to a current experience.
- The One I see will provide clothing.
I intend to walk in Him, and He intends to walk in me. Look denotes the coming together of two different things.
- You have lost all awareness of yourself, your illness, your anguish, or anybody else around you.
- You become mindful of Him, and you become completely conscious of Him.
- Preparation is defined as: the act of instilling confidence in oneself.
- It makes it possible for you to come closer to Him.
- ″Call to Me, and I will answer you, and I will show you big and powerful things, which you do not know.″ Jeremiah 33:3 – ″Call to Me, and I will answer you, and I will show you large and mighty things, which you do not know.″ It all starts by crying out to Him and knocking on His door.
- As well as paying a visit to His presence.
- He responds in the affirmative.
He reveals Himself to you, revealing vast and magnificent things that you were previously unaware of.That occurs when you come into contact with Him through your faith.As the word of God floods into you, your trust is strengthened.Worship allows the spirit to express itself and release what is held inside.
Every time you worship, the soul and the body are put aside, and the spirit is unleashed to perform its work.There is a discharge of the river that Jesus spoke about earlier in the sermon.The soul is touched by living water.Worship takes place in the most sacred of all places, the deepest holy sanctuary.
The Tabernacle is divided into three sections: Three Components of the Human Being Body Confession on the Outside of the Courtroom Honoring the Holy Place with Your Soul The holiest of holies Spirit-to-Spirit Communication Confession – washed clean by the blood of Christ Silence is the most profound form of adoration – Job 5.
How to Receive Healing from Jesus
- You must understand, as a new Christian, that healing is our birthright in Christ. At the cross, Jesus obtained healing for us. What Exactly Is Deliverance? The Greek word sozo, which was rendered ″save″ in Matthew 1:21, meaning to save, heal, and deliver: ″And she will bear a Son, and you shall name Him Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins″ (Matthew 1:21). (Matthew 1:21, NKJV). Jesus came not only to free us from the punishment of sin and to deliver us from the forces of evil, but also to heal us of our physical and spiritual illnesses. As a result, healing is an integral aspect of redemption. According to 1 Peter 2:24 (NKJV), ″who, on the three days of the week, bore our sins in His own body, so that we, having died to sin, could live to righteousness. You were cured as a result of his stripes.″ According to Isaiah 53:5-6 (New King James Version), ″Our trespasses were pierced, our iniquities were crushed, and the punishment for our sins was laid on His back. He bore the chastisement for our peace. You are cured as a result of his stripes.″ To put it another way, healing is a component of the Atonement, which is the reconciliation of God and people achieved through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. As a result, we must learn how to receive Jesus’ healing. It is possible that illnesses and diseases are caused by natural causes. A poor diet, for example, will almost certainly result in illness down the line. Alternatively, ailments and diseases might have a spiritual origin. ″How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and curing those who were plagued by the demon, because God was with Him,″ the New King James Version (NKJV) reads in Acts 10:38. People who were oppressed by the demon were cured by Jesus. As a result, some illnesses and diseases are caused by the devil’s persecution. The good news is that the healing that Jesus obtained for us on the cross is applicable to all ailments and disorders, regardless of their underlying source. So, what is the process through which we receive healing from Jesus? We accept it on the basis of faith: We believe what God’s Word says about the situation, and we act on that belief. This is not a new technique for us. To receive the new birth, we used it as a holding area. In order to be born again, we had to accept the Gospel and act on it: we had to proclaim Jesus as our Lord and Savior before God, and we had to repent of our sins before God (Romans 10:9-10). In a similar vein, in order to obtain our healing, we must accept God’s Word on the subject (for example, 1 Peter 2:24), and we must act on that belief. We should confess in the following manner: ″Lord, you stated that your stripes cured me, and I believe you. That happened about 2,000 years ago! As a result, I’m feeling better today. I take you at your word, Lord, and I believe you. I have been cured!″
- We should make an effort to perform the activities that we were unable to do due of our illness or ailment.
- From now until the manifestation of our recovery, we must continue to believe God’s Word on our healing and professing it, as well as striving to accomplish the things that our sickness or disease has stopped us from doing (Hebrews 6:12; 10:23; 1 Timothy 6:12).
- Because iron sharpens iron, we might consider getting together with other believers who are still holding on to their healing confessions.
- We may pray together, read healing texts, and confess the scriptures that we have studied.
- The fact that we die as a result of the sickness or disease does not negate the fact that we have won: we have gone to be with Jesus.
- For Christians, death is a source of benefit (Philippians 1:21).
- After learning how to get healing from Jesus, new Christians should put their newfound understanding into practice and ask the Holy Spirit to assist them in maintaining their profession of faith until their healing emerges.
- Healing Confessions from Religious Leaders Glory Publishing LLC has written a number of articles about healing advertisements.
How to Receive Healing from God – Dr Carol Ministries
- God’s healing is something that we all require. You will require an extra-special type of mending if you feel you are an exception. I feel that healing is arguably the most profound aspect of salvation. Something has happened to us on the inside that has left us in a state of complete and utter breakdown. Even forgiveness, as beautiful as it is, is just a partial solution, as seen by its limited effectiveness. For everyone of us, there are some traits that are shared by the steps of recovery. The yearning for healing manifests itself in a variety of ways. In the most formative years of his life, the youngster has been abused or neglected
- The lady who has been exploited for someone else’s pleasure for so long that she feels that is all she is capable of
- When a substance or activity has total control over a person’s soul, body, mind, future, and money, that person is said to be an addict.
- ″Nice″ church member weary from continually performing good things so that she may appear good in front of others
- The spouse who has been left despondent, resentful, and bitter as a result of decades of marital unhappiness
- The individual whose bad lifestyle has resulted in the development of ailments that are humanly incurable
- Depressed and anxious lady who suffers from depression and anxiety as a result of her genes, choices, and circumstances
- Anguish at the death of a loved one might be felt by a parent, spouse, child, sibling, or friend.
- The individual who views no alternative to poverty, persecution, violence, or enslavement as a viable option
- When Jesus said, ″The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,″ He was referring to the passage from Isaiah.
- (See also Luke 4:18-19) We can only hope that this occurs in a strange flash of time.
- And that does happen from time to time.
- More often than not, it is a process in which you and I both play an active role.
- When you get healing from God, it is usually always necessary to do the following steps:
Bring it into the light.
- Light has the ability to heal.
- Light has the ability to disinfect.
- When shame is exposed to light, it loses a lot of its bite and sting.
- When pus is allowed to drain from a severe illness, the condition might begin to heal.
- We have a natural tendency to conceal our brokenness and dysfunction, often out of fear of more harm from others if we allow it to be seen.
- This is a reasonable worry.
- Healing, on the other hand, nearly never occurs until we acknowledge our need in front of God, ourselves, and another person.
It is possible that we will experience additional discomfort before we feel better.Journaling, communicating with others, telling the truth to God in prayer, expressing the accompanying intense feelings in some manner, and being honest about how horrible things truly are are some of the methods to go about it.And keep in mind that God is a patient God.You have a choice in when, how quickly, how far, and in what manner you bring your brokenness into the light.
It is up to you.
Connect with others.
- Despite the fact that God may and does heal in any manner He chooses, healing nearly usually entails a close relationship with other people.
- (See James 5:16 for more information.) That other human person (counselor, pastor, spouse, or friend) will not be flawless, but that is a necessary part of the process of recovery.
- It is a tremendous pleasure to be able to minister Christ’s healing to another human being.
- The only way for you and I to accept healing is when it is provided from the hand of ″Jesus with skin on″ – from someone we can see and hear – and this is frequently the case.
- This type of healing is one of the most important benefits that a healthy marriage may bring, according to God.
- And it is what each of us is to be to one another as members of the body of Christ.
- The first step you must do whenever you become aware of a need for healing in any aspect of your life is to seek out someone or many people with whom you may express your feelings, connect, and through whom you can receive God’s healing.
- We do not get injured by chance or misfortune.
- Other individuals can do significant injury to us — sometimes inadvertently by default or negligence, and sometimes intentionally or maliciously through sheer wickedness.
- Even more damage is done to us as a result of the decisions and behaviors we take in reaction to our screwed up reality.
- The conditions that surround us collude to aggravate the situation even further.
- And the dysfunctional loops continue to repeat themselves.
- We will all have to make a decision on what to do in the topic of forgiveness at some time in our lives.
- Is there a time limit on how long you want your father’s violence to continue to harm you?
Do you want your mother’s death, your spouse’s betrayal, the bullying you endured, and the calamity you experienced to continue poisoning you indefinitely?It’s not acceptable!But it is for this reason that forgiveness is the only path to true freedom.Forgiveness is merely the act of deciding to let God deal with the consequences of one’s actions.
You’ve decided to let it go.You have to let the individuals involved go, even if that person happens to be yourself.(Keep in mind that you can forgive someone even if maintaining a connection with them is no longer feasible or advisable.) If God allows anguish to strike the person who has harmed you, His wounds will be far more severe than any you could ever inflict on him or her.And, as for what you’ve done to yourself, if God says you’ve been forgiven, who are you to argue with Him?
Who are you to question His judgment?
Leave old stuff behind.
- The continuation of cigarette smoking will not result in the healing of your lung illness.
- You will not discover liberation from bitterness if you continue to hold a grudge against someone.
- Your fear will not go away as long as you continue to send negative messages to your subconscious.
- You will not be able to recover your financial situation as long as you continue to incur more debt.
- As long as you continue to criticize and shame your partner, your marriage will remain in shambles.
- Yes, old habits are hard to break.
- Jesus unlocks the prison doors for us, but it is up to us to determine whether or not to go out of them.
The point comes when you’ve ruminated about your dysfunctional childhood, grieved yourself to sleep over how many people your addiction has damaged, wept uncontrollably over the loss of a loved one, or wallowed in remorse over your relationship misbehaviors, that it’s time to move on.Psalms were written by David in response to his misdeeds.Peter never denied that he had refused Jesus.Paul never tried to hide the fact that his previous life had been so disastrous.
They, on the other hand, had put the past behind.″The things of the past have passed away.″ 2 Corinthians 5:17 (New International Version) Don’t cling to the things that God has set you free from.
Learn to live a new way.
- ″Therefore, if someone is in Christ, he is a new creature;…
- see, all things have been made new.″ Then there’s the remainder of that verse: 2 Corinthians 5:17 (New International Version) In other instances, Jesus stated something like this: ″Go, and leave your life of sin behind you.″ Trying anything new may be difficult.
- It is normal to feel uncomfortable, weird, and awkward when you are first introduced to anything.
- It takes time for new concepts to become your default mode of thinking, for feelings of grief or regret to be transformed into treasured memories, and for love, joy, and serenity to triumph over negativity and become your default mode of thinking.
- It’s possible that you have a lot of growing up to do as a new creation on the inside of you.
- When God heals you from the inside out, you begin to feel a little bit like you are in heaven right here on earth.
- Despite the fact that it is not always complete in the sense of being completed at the end of time, healing is genuine.
Regardless of what it is that you require healing for, what are you waiting for?Get out and stroll!God has promised you good news, health, liberty, freedom, and the restoration of your sight – all in the next year.Now is the time to act!
Now it’s your turn: In what area do you feel you might use a fresh measure of healing?What can you do to collaborate with God in order to take the next step?Leave a remark in the section below.Why not share this content with your Twitter followers?
We all require some form of healing at some point in our lives.The following are the stages God has laid out for your recovery.Send a tweet about it.
Defeating Fear and Anxiety is Possible
- You are not alone if you are experiencing dread and anxiety and need healing.
- In my book, Overcoming Fear and Anxiety Through Spiritual Warfare, I go into further detail about this.
- Right now, the book is available at a significant discount on Amazon.
- (And who doesn’t appreciate a good deal?) This special rate will only be offered for a limited time period, which we cannot predict.
- In addition, you may get a FREE CHAPTER right now.
About This Article
- In order to pray for healing in Jesus’ name, you must first cultivate a close connection with God via prayer and Bible study in general, according to the article’s summary.
- According to John 14:14, Jesus says that all you have to do is call on him, and he will come to your aid.
- Moreover, according to Matthew 12:15, Jesus cured everyone who came to him; thus, verses such as these might give you the strength to heal others in the name of Jesus.
- You should talk to someone who is experiencing pain and ask them if you can pray for them so that God will heal them when you feel ready to practice the more specific healing prayer.
- As soon as they answer yes, lay your hand on their shoulder and offer a quick prayer, asking for their pain or illness to be relieved in Jesus’ name.
- When you’re finished praying, check in with the person to see if they notice a difference.
- If you notice any improvement, express your gratitude to Jesus for what He has done and continue to pray until the pain or disease is completely gone.
If there is no difference, though, don’t be disheartened or disappointed.Because prayer does not always result in healing, you may want to suggest that the person seek medical attention.Continue reading to find out how to deal with unanswered prayers.Did you find this overview to be helpful?
The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 104,897 times.
Power to Heal: Keys to Activating God’s Healing Power in Your Life – Kindle edition by Clark, Randy. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.
- A little excerpt of the material is available; double tap to view the complete excerpt.
- Double touch to view the abbreviated content if the full material is not accessible.
- In addition to being a well-known international speaker, Randy Clark is a graduate of United Theological Seminary (Methodist), where he got his D.Min.
- in 2013 and a D.D.
- in 2019.
- He is also a published author.
- He graduated with honors from Phoenix University of Theology with a Th.D.
in Revival and Healing (Charismatic).He also holds an M.Div from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, as well as a bachelor’s degree in Religious Studies from Oakland City University, among other qualifications (General Baptist).He was a member of the Association of Vineyard Churches’ Council for a few years and was highly affected by John Wimber’s writings and teachings.In addition, Omar Cabrera, a well-known Argentine apostolic leader who possessed a powerful healing gift, had an impact on him and his healing ministry.
He was used by God to birth the revival that erupted in Toronto, Canada, in January 1994 and lasted for more than twelve years, six evenings a week for six months at a time.He has ministered in 55 countries and addressed to audiences of up to 180,000 people.In 1970, when he was 18 years old, he entered the ministry.Randy is well recognized for the gift that the Holy Spirit has placed on his life, which allows him to activate and transfer talents of the Holy Spirit through the Holy Spirit.
Randy’s life had been graced by the late John Wimber, who was the first to notice it.Randy, according to the audible voice of God, will one day tour the world laying hands on pastors and leaders in order to activate and give to them gifts of the Spirit.John heard the voice of God tell him this twice.
Randy also continues to exhibit the Lord’s ability to cure the ill, and he does so with remarkable perseverance.Even though he has been used by God to launch several well-known ministers (including Heidi Baker, Leif Hetland, Todd White, Chris Gore, Marcelo Cassagrande, and many others) into a higher level of their anointing through the laying on of hands and prophecy, the focus of his ministry is on the average person in the congregation, encouraging them that they can be used by God in the gifts of the Spirit, particularly words of knowledge and healing.His message is straightforward: ″God desires to utilize you.″ He is the author of the book ″There Is More″ as well as several more books, manuals/workbooks, pamphlets, and other educational products.He and Bill Johnson are the co-authors of two books, ″The Essential Guide to Healing″ and ″Healing Unplugged,″ which are both available on Amazon.A book titled, The Handbook on Spiritual Gifts, was written in collaboration with Dr.
- Mary Healy (a Roman Catholic biblical scholar).
- It was his work, The Healing Breakthrough, that was recognized with the Christian Retailing Best Award in the Charismatic category in 2017, and his book, ″There Is More,″ is currently being utilized as a textbook at the United Theological Seminary of America (a United Methodist Seminary).
- ″Intimacy With God,″ his most recent book, will be released on August 2, 2021.
He is the author of more than 40 novels.Randy’s missions may be seen at the seminary’s website.Randy is the President of the following company: Randy’s most recent interview with Daystar TV is as follows: Randy’s most recent interview with Sid Roth is as follows:
Prayers for Healing That’ll Bring Strength and Recovery in Hard Times
- It’s easy to feel hopeless and as if things will never get better when you’re going through an emotional, mental, or physical difficult period.
- Untangling yourself from these spiraling thoughts can be a confusing and difficult process at times, so be patient with yourself.
- However, it is critical to realize that you are not alone and that there are actions you can take to recover and regain your serenity and strength.
- One technique to this procedure is to recite or utter aloud a healing prayer as part of the process.
- The healing process may be made more comfortable by praying for the person who is experiencing difficulty, whether it is with their health, at work, with their family, in a relationship, or with something else.
- Even reading or saying these prayers aloud to yourself or to someone close to you will not provide a solution to the situation you are now facing.
- It is possible that you may need to take further steps, such as consulting with a specialist, in order to treat the underlying problem.
Every person’s recovery looks different, but healing prayers can bring consolation at a time when you are in the most desperate need of it.The Covid-19 epidemic is one continuous issue that has had an affect on nearly everyone’s mental and emotional well-being, particularly when it comes to grieving, losing, and experiencing physical pain.As many people have experienced (and continue to experience) during the epidemic, turning to these soothing words can provide them with strength and help ease some of the loneliness and isolation they have experienced.If you know of a friend or family member who is going through a difficult time, you may also pass along these healing prayers to them.
The calm that comes from keeping them in your thoughts and prayers is comparable to the power that comes from reading prayers for healing.Each day, gain more strength, serenity, and hope with WD’s Everyday Inspiration Bible verse cards – a portable box of inspo that allows you to carry the words of encouragement you need at your fingertips.1 In the midst of suffering, there is comfort.I pray to you, my loving God, that you would soothe me in my pain, give skill to the hands of my healers, and bless the tools of treatment that are employed to cure me.
Give me such faith in the power of your grace that I may place my whole trust in you even when I am terrified; through the intercession of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.Amen.— Adding to Our Worship 2 2 Patience in the Face of Sickness Lord Jesus Christ, by your patience in suffering, you have sanctified worldly misery and set a precedent for us in following your Father’s instructions.
Be with me in my time of weakness and anguish; support me by your grace, so that my strength and bravery do not fail; heal me according to your will; and enable me to always trust that what happens to me here is insignificant if you, my Lord and my God, are holding me in everlasting life.Amen.— Chapel Edition 3 of the Book of Common Prayer Mercy’s Observing Eyes Lord, please look upon me with kindness in your sight.Please heal me, and may Your life-giving forces pour into every cell of my body and into the depths of my spirit, cleansing and purifying me as I am restored to completeness and strength in order to serve You and Your Kingdom.Amen.
- — Survive on the Strength of Your Faith 4 Mind at ease, heart full with anticipation Merciful Jesus, you are my guidance, the delight of my heart, the source of my hope, and the object of my love.
- Thank you for everything.
- I’ve come in search of rest and tranquility.
Show me your kindness, assuage my concerns and anxieties, and grant me a calm m