How well do you know Jesus?
We’re not talking about ″10 steps to Jesus″ here, or a Bible study book. A call to live exactly as Jesus did is being extended to you. That is the only way to truly come to know Him and His character.
How do you really get to know someone?
Have you ever embarked on a lengthy trip with someone, perhaps a buddy that you felt you know rather well when you first started out?Also, perhaps you’ve discovered that you have an entirely new level of familiarity with that same person as a result of your vacation.What you went through as a couple drew you more closer to one another.
You and I have far more in common than that.When individuals share moments, whether they are significant or insignificant, they are bound together by unseen links.That is exactly how I can obtain a deeper understanding of Jesus!
- There are many, many absolutely personal events that I have the opportunity to share with Him.
- If I choose to, I can share a lifetime of experiences with Him if I so choose.
Jesus and I
One of the most effective ways for me to truly come to know Jesus is to emulate His example by living the same life He did.Consequently, my ultimate objective is the same as His; that is, I want to live a sinless life.In order to be converted from one who responds and thinks negatively in all situations to one who reacts and thinks positively in all situations The ultimate objective is nothing less than Godlike nature.
After that, I’ll be able to begin sharing my experiences with Jesus.″Jesus, I am well aware that I am weak!When I’ve done something excellent, I’m inclined to say something to ensure that I receive recognition for my efforts.
- Although I’ve decided to live just for God, I’m still tempted to live for other people.
- Then Jesus responds, ″Dear buddy, I completely understand how you’re feeling!
- I’ve been there, and I’ve also been lured by feelings of pride and honor-seeking.
- Every notion, on the other hand, may be defeated by the power of God.
Consequently, resist the temptation to give up!It’s going to be successful for you as well!″ Jesus doesn’t simply pretend to understand what we’re going through.He actually does.
He knows.He has had first-hand knowledge of it.He is well aware of what it means to give up one’s own will in the heat of the moment.We do not have a High Priest who is unable to sympathize with our frailty, but who was in all aspects tempted as we are, but without sin,″ says Paul.
Hebrews 4:15 is a verse from the book of Hebrews.When I do the same thing, I get an entirely different kind of relationship with Jesus.The purpose of this is for me to come to know Him and the power of His resurrection, as well as the fellowship of His sufferings, by becoming conformed to His death.Philemon 3:10 (Philippians 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3:10; 3: When I put sin to death in the same way that He did, the link between us only grows stronger and more intense.Through these challenges, I am able to get to know Jesus better.When things get heavy and tough, I may take comfort in the knowledge that Jesus has been in a similar circumstance, mindful of the fact that ″he who suffers in the flesh has stopped from sin.″ 1 Peter 4:10, 11 In addition, as I continue along this path, I am becoming more and more like Jesus.
- And, last but not least, I begin to smile!
I need God’s help and guidance to live like Jesus
He never caved in when He was tempted to sin, when He discovered that He had a yearning to think filthy thoughts, for example.He never gave in to such inclinations.In order to deny those ideas – thus, by extension, to deny His own will in certain situations – He still need something else.
For him to move forward, he need God’s guidance, and he was reliant on hearing God’s voice and following His Word in order to do so.(See also John 5:30 and Hebrews 5:7-9.) In fact, God Himself served as Jesus’ counselor throughout His whole life, guiding Him through difficult situations and ensuring that He always came out on top.Jesus surrendered Himself to the Father via the power of the everlasting Spirit.
- (See also Hebrews 9:14.) His ability to resist sin every time he was tempted resulted from this ability.
- Pentecost is the day when God sent His Helper to the world to guide and empower us.
- This occurred around 2000 years ago on this day.
- If I wish to live a life like Jesus, I will require the assistance of the Holy Spirit.
The question is, how can I bring the Holy Spirit into my life?The solution is straightforward: I must pray in order to receive Him.I need to be completely converted, and I need to desire with all my heart to follow Jesus and live for Him in order to be effective.
Everyone who is obedient to His instructions receives the Holy Spirit as a result of their obedience.(See Acts 5:32.) God is delighted to give Him to me!There is nothing more important to Him than for me to be free of sin.My readiness to suffer and to offer everything it takes to be worthy of Jesus is enhanced as a result of the Spirit’s work in me.
(See also Acts 1:8 and Zechariah 13:1) I can also read about Jesus if I want to.I am able to pray to Jesus.I can’t help but think about Jesus.However, there is only one way to truly get to know Him — by obedience and living in the manner of Jesus.
How can I know Jesus? What does it mean to know Him?
The term ″knowing″ Jesus refers to the state of having a personal relationship with Him.A Christian is not only familiar with Christ’s teachings, but he or she is also acquainted with Christ personally.When Jesus prayed in John 17:3, he claimed that knowing the one true God and the Son whom He sent is what eternal life is all about.
Being acquainted with Christ intimately entails becoming acquainted with Him as you would with a friend.An intimate friendship involves spending time with the other person and engaging in vulnerable discussions.In a relationship, it is critical to communicate on a regular basis.
- Knowing Jesus requires more than just reading about Him in a textbook; it requires spending time getting to know who He is.
- The first verse of John 5:20 states, ″The Son of God has come and given us wisdom so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, through his Son, Jesus Christ.
- He is the one and only real God, as well as the source of eternal life.″ We should pray for insight so that we might come to know Jesus and, as a result, come to know God better.
- Knowing Jesus begins with the conviction that He is our Savior and that He has vanquished death on our behalf.
The Bible says that ″if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God resurrected him from the dead, you will be saved″ (Romans 10:9).Knowing God entails believing that He died on the cross in order to redeem us from our sin.″He himself bare our sins in his body on the cross, in order that we could die to sin and live to righteousness (Romans 6:23).
You have been cured as a result of his wounds ″ (1 Peter 2:24).When you accept Christ’s teaching as true, you are welcomed into His family of believers (John 1:12).In John 3:16, there is even more good news to be discovered!As a result, those who know Jesus and believe in Him ″should not perish, but should have eternal life.″ Knowing Jesus is not dependent on our deeds, but rather based on putting our trust in Him.
The only way we can come to comprehend Christ is via his death on the cross for our sins.According to Romans 5:8, ″God demonstrates his love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.″ This indicates that we do not come to know Christ via our own efforts, but rather through the grace that Jesus purchased for us with His own life.In addition, Ephesians 2:8–9 states, ″Because you have been saved by grace through your faith, And this is not your own doing; it is a gift from God, not a product of your efforts, so that no one may take credit for what you have accomplished.″ Knowing of Jesus’ gift of everlasting life that He has given to us, we may chose whether or not to put our confidence in Him.Following our prayer of understanding, we will be able to begin learning more about Him and spending more time with Him personally.If you think that Jesus is who He claims to be and wish to accept His offer to be your Savior, you might recite a prayer that sounds something like this: ″Jesus, I believe that you are who He claims to be.″ ″Dear God, I am well aware that I am a sinner and that, aside from you, I deserve nothing but punishment.I believe that Jesus Christ is God’s Son, who came to earth in order to live the ideal life that I was unable to live for my own reasons.
- To atone for my sin, Christ died on the cross and was crucified.
- Then, three days later, He rose from the dead, demonstrating His truth and providing redemption and eternal life to anyone who places their faith in Him.
- Please forgive me for my transgressions and assist me in living for you.
- I want to get to know Jesus on a personal level.
- Thank you for embracing me and giving me eternal life.
- I appreciate all you have done for me.″ In the event that you have placed your trust in Jesus as a result of what you have read here, please click on the ″I have embraced Christ″ button to the right.
- We would be delighted to assist you as you embark on your path of faith in Jesus.
- Truths that are related: What is the best way for me to embrace Jesus as my personal savior?
- Is it true that Jesus is the only way to enter the kingdom of heaven?
- What does it mean to have confidence in Jesus?
What does it mean to put one’s trust in Jesus Christ?What is the plan of salvation and how does it work?Is it possible for God to save me?Return to the page: The Truth About Salvation
How to Know Jesus
Are you ready to make a significant difference in your life?Perhaps you’ve been wronged, made some poor decisions, or simply feel lost, and you’re left asking, ″What’s the point?″ Jesus, on the other hand, understands your anguish and want to walk beside you through whatever you are going through.You have the option of establishing a connection with Him and accepting His love and grace.
It will be the finest decision you have ever made, and it will impact your life in ways that nothing else will.Whether you realize it or not, God has a plan for your life that is far superior than anything you could have imagined, and this is the first step on that road!Begin by viewing the video below, which features Joyce:
Ready for something new?
Jesus want for you to get to know him and to have him as your champion, your provider, and ultimately, your closest friend.He also has a plan for you and wants to be by your side as you navigate your way through this life.His Word states that He has magnificent plans for your life in Jeremiah 29:11, plans that are intended for your good rather than your bad, plans that will provide hope and a future for you.
And, according to the Bible, God loves you so much that He offered His only Son—Jesus Christ—in order for you to enjoy eternal life with Him!In fact, God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that whoever believes in him will not perish but will have eternal life with him.In fact, God did not bring his Son into the world in order to condemn the world, but rather in order to rescue it through him.
- — John 3:16-17 (New International Version) (NIV)
The difficulty is that we are all human, and we have all made errors in our lives (Romans 3:23).Small or large, these errors are referred regarded as ″sin″ in the Bible, because even one sin prevents us from having a personal contact with God, and finally leads to death.(See Romans 6:23.) However, there is some good news!
You have reason to be hopeful because of Christ!It takes nothing more than turning away from sin and toward Jesus (which the Bible refers to as repentance) for Jesus to accept your salvation.He will forgive you fully.
- As a result of doing so, you are giving Jesus all of your brokenness, and in exchange, He will give you all He has for you: all of His righteousness (right-ness), peace and healing for your heart, a restored connection with Him, and a whole new beginning in life.
- The Bible says, ″For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified as a gift by God’s grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.″ — Paul in Romans 3:23 (ESV)
You are fiercely loved and forgiven.
You were formed by God…He created you in His image and likeness!And even before you were born, Jesus died on the cross for your sins, so saving you from all of your sins—past, present, and future.
He was aware of the decisions you would make, and He decided to save you nonetheless!It makes no difference what you’ve done or what you’ve been through; He still cares about you and wants to establish a genuine, honest connection with you.The Bible says, ″God exhibits His own love for us in that Christ died for us while we were yet sinners.″ — Romans 5:8 (NIV) (NIV)
Simple Steps Towards the Rest of Your Life.
Despite the fact that Jesus was God’s perfect son (with no flaws), He decided to take on all of our sin and die in our place.It’s for you!Then God resurrected Him from the grave, and He became the sole means of salvation for those who believe in Him.
The act of knowing Jesus is as simple as acknowledging your need for Him, believing that He died and was risen for you…and inviting Him to be your friend, your advocate, and your Savior.″I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through me,″ Jesus said.
- — The Bible, John 14:6 (NIV)
Ready For Your New Beginning?
We will be saved, according to God’s word in Romans 10:9, if we make Jesus Lord (the leader) of our lives and believe that He was raised from the dead.To begin a new life with Jesus leading you and to experience true peace and joy in your life, say this simple prayer aloud: If you’re ready to begin a new life with Jesus leading you and to experience His true peace and joy in your life, pray this simple prayer aloud: ″I recognize that I have made mistakes and that I rely on You to save my life—that I rely on You to be my Savior.I’ve been attempting to do things on my own for far too long, and I’m well aware that it doesn’t work.
As a result, I am committing my life to You today.You died on the cross for my sins and rose from the grave, and I believe in Your divinity and your resurrection.Please assist me in living my life solely for You and You alone.
- Thank You for Your never-ending love, forgiveness, and grace that You have shown me throughout my life.
- Thank you for giving me a new beginning!
- Today marks the beginning of my new existence as a member of Your family.″ In the name of Jesus, I pray, amen.
What happens now?
It would be our pleasure to welcome you into God’s family if you had just finished praying that prayer.If you’d like, we would be happy to give you Joyce’s e-book A New Way of Living as well as a Bible study titled Building Your New Life with Christ to assist you in getting started on your journey with Jesus.Simply complete the form on this page.
It is absolutely incredible what God has planned for you in life, and we are here to support you every step of the way!We are sensitive to your privacy concerns.Your email address will not be shared with anybody.
- You have the option to unsubscribe and withdraw your agreement to receive emails from Joyce Meyer Ministries at any time.
- I came so they could have and enjoy life, and that they might have it in plenty (to the full, till it overflows).
- — The Gospel of John 10:10 (AMPC)
God Loves Me
We are told in the Bible that ″God is Love!″ (See 1 John 4:8) The Lord is our Creator, and he genuinely cares about everyone of us.″Do you see how much the Father cares for us?″ Our Father’s love is so strong that we are referred to be God’s children″ (1 John 3:1 TEV).God desires for you to lead a happy life.
As the Lord explains, ″For I know the thoughts that I have for you, declares the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of ill, to give you a future and a hope″ (Jeremiah 29:11).I’m sure you’ve had moments in your life when you’ve pondered, ″Is this all there is?″ or anything like.Possibly, you’ve had a sense that something was lacking and a wish to discover the meaning of your existence—your own existence!
- Some people experience a void in their hearts that nothing seems to be able to fill.
- Another question that many have is ″Where did I come from?″ or ″Why is there so much hatred and evil in the world?″ Our faith in a loving and compassionate God who created our world in order to have a meaningful and joyful relationship with us is affirmed in the Bible.
- Our world was designed to be wonderful from the beginning.
- There was no death or agony, and no tears were shed over broken relationships because there was none.
Everything ran well and without hiccups.
My Sin Separates Me from God
Our relationship with God has been shattered by sin.Nevertheless, your crimes have divided you from your God, and your transgressions have disguised His face from you, so that He would not hear you.″ (Isaiah 59:2).
Everyone has transgressed the ideal law of love established by God.The Bible says, ″…because all have sinned and come short of the glory of God″ (Romans 3:23).Unless anything changes, we are all going to perish on this planet.
- ″For the wages of sin is death…″, says the Bible.
- (See Romans 6:23.) Satan, our adversary, came into our planet and enticed the first pair, Adam and Eve, to accept a falsehood in order to gain power over them.
- The adversary successfully persuaded them that God was unkind.
- They made the decision to move away from God and trust Satan.
A grave error was made because they severed their ties with God, the source of all light and life.Their decision condemned our world and all of its inhabitants to be under the dominion of a new king, Satan, who would eventually destroy all of humanity.Unless, of course, someone intervened.
Jesus Connects Me Back to God
Because of God’s immense love for you, Jesus gladly accepted the punishment for your sins on the cross.Christ died so that people would be able to live forever and not have to die.Jesus’ sinless life serves as a substitute for my sinful existence, allowing me to enjoy eternal life—salvation.
God has accepted Christ’s death as complete and final payment for all of my previous sins.The Bible says, ″For He caused Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we could become the righteousness of God″ (2 Corinthians 5:21).Someone did really intercede on our behalf.
- Despite the fact that our forefathers walked away from God and embraced a falsehood, the Lord offered a way out, a plan to save mankind from destruction and eternity in hell.
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God, decided to bear the consequences of his people’s rebellion against God.
- Sin is the act of moving away from God’s rule of love and life, and the outcome of sin is the death of the individual.
- Jesus, who was equal to God in power and authority, willingly lay down His life, dying as a sacrifice for the sins of the entire world.
He offers His sinless and shattered life as a sacrifice in exchange for our sinful and damaged lives.Jesus freely gives the gift of salvation to those who believe in him.It is not something we can purchase, but rather something we must embrace.
Every one of us has sinned and walked away from God, and we all deserve to die.Jesus offers us the gift of eternal life.Nobody has to live pointless lives that end in misery and death because they may choose to do so.God’s aim is to bring humans back into a life-giving connection with Himself, as well as to give them new hearts that long for the Lord and turn away from sin.
If we will simply accept this free gift of salvation, we will be able to benefit from it.
How Do I Accept Jesus Into My Life?
By accepting Christ’s death as a gift, I am transformed into a child of God.The penalty of sin is death, but the gift of God is everlasting life in Christ Jesus our Lord, according to Romans 6:23.(Romans 6:23).
So, what does Jesus’ death on the cross have to do with me and my life?The power to become God’s offspring was given to anyone who welcomed him and trusted in his name, according to the Bible (John 1: 12 RSV).To invite Christ into your life right now, simply take these easy steps:
- Recognize that you have no choice except to perish. ″The penalty for sin is death.″ (Romans 6:23) Recognize that you are powerless to save yourself. ″You can achieve nothing without Me (God),″ Jesus says in John 15:5.
- You must repent and acknowledge before God that you are a sinner. ″We have all sinned.″ Believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins (Romans 3:23). ″For God cherished the earth so much that He gave.″ Believe that Jesus has forgiven you of your sins (John 3:16). It says in 1 John 1:9, ″If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to purify us from all unrighteousness.″ Believe that you have everlasting life. According to John 6:47, ″He who trusts in Me has eternal life.″
Now, in your new way of life, you must live every day with trust.″Therefore, just as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in Him as well″ (Colossians 2:6).The gift you receive from someone does not become yours until you accept the gift.
Jesus extends the offer of salvation to you, but how do you respond to it?Read on to find out.The Bible informs us that we must first recognize our need for Christ before we may be saved.
- This occurs when the Holy Spirit speaks to our conscience and we recognize that our sins have caused us to be estranged from our Creator.
- Afterwards, we are compelled to confess our sins, which implies that we realize in our hearts that our incorrect decisions have been placed on Christ and have resulted in His death on the cross.
- When we repent, we are expressing our dissatisfaction with our old way of life by turning away from it and seeking a new path in Jesus.
- In prayer, we confess our wrongdoing to God and express our sincere apologies to the Almighty.
The Lord’s promise to forgive and cleanse our hearts is available to us when we come before him with a broken heart because of our wicked decisions and confess our wrongdoing.The possibility exists for us to be restored back into a true connection with God, a friendship that provides us with life, love, and joy.When you accept this gift of salvation with faith, you will be able to tell that you have received it.
New Life in Christ
How does God’s love transform my life when I become a member of His family?″When anybody is united to Christ, he is transformed into a new being; the old has passed away, and the new has come″ (2 Corinthians 5:17, TEV).When a person chooses Christ as his or her Savior, the old sinful nature is completely annihilated.
The new Christian has a new spiritual existence as a result of Jesus’ sacrifice.The Christian, on the other hand, despises the old life of sin.The new Christian begins to experience freedom from guilt and comes to understand how empty his life had been before to accepting Christ as his Savior.
- In one minute, God demonstrates that he can bring greater satisfaction than a lifetime of serving the Devil.
- What was I thinking when I waited so long to embrace God’s love?
- After we have really confessed our sins to God and asked the Lord to wash away our sins from our hearts, we must choose to believe that this has truly occurred.
- We must have confidence and declare, ″God promised to remove my sin from my life.
″I think that has occurred, and I now express my gratitude to Jesus for the work He is doing in my heart.″ Even if our confidence in God is small or little, the Lord desires that we put our faith in the gift of redemption into action.As we continue to walk in this new conviction, it will become stronger with each passing day.We must keep our connection with God intact, just as we must keep any other worldly relationship robust.
This is accomplished via the study of the Bible, which is the fundamental means through which the Lord has revealed himself to us.In addition, we may communicate with God via prayer and consider the way Jesus directs our lives.Meeting with other Christians and discussing how God is working in our life with other people will also help to maintain our faith in the Lord strong and our faith in the Lord will be strengthened.You may kneel in front of your computer and pray the following prayer from your heart if you have not yet done so: ″Dear Lord, I realize that you love me and desire to have a relationship with me.
Please help me to take the next step in my spiritual journey.″ However, I have come to realize that I am a sinner, and that my terrible choices and acts result in death.I come to You and confess my wickedness.Thank you for entering my heart and cleansing me of all sin, and for filling me with Your love.I willingly embrace Jesus Christ’s promise of everlasting life because He took my sins upon Himself and suffered as a substitute for them.Thank you for all that you have done and are doing in my life right now!I appreciate all you have done and are doing!
- I am grateful for Your gift of salvation!
- Thank you for your prayers.
- In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!″ Now, go and tell someone about what you’ve accomplished!
- We’d like to give you a free gift!
- More information may be found by clicking here.
- The Gospel in Its Purest Form What exactly is salvation?
- Three Steps to the Celestial Kingdom
Getting to Know Jesus: 10 Ways to Grow Closer to our Lord and Savior
- In order to become holy, to become a saint, and to remain strong in your Christian faith, you must first come to know Jesus Christ personally.
- This was something I battled with early on in my conversion.
- I had the impression that I did not know Jesus, that He did not want to get to know me (after all, why would He want to get to know a humble ol’ me?) and I was, in fact, made to feel uncomfortable by him.
- I had visions of Jesus toppling the money-changers’ tables and making some of the more abrasive things that he spoke.
- As a result, I maintained a distance.
- But I soon understood that if I wanted to be a saint — or at least attempt to be one — I needed to come to know Jesus first.
- Listed below are ten methods I discovered that assisted me in drawing closer to Jesus and genuinely developing a personal relationship with him, which I feel is essential to authentic Christian conversion:
- Accept Jesus as your Savior – It goes without saying that receiving Jesus in the form of the Eucharist is the most effective approach to grow closer to him. In this way, ordinary bread and wine are transformed into the living God by priests who, by repeating Jesus’ words from the last supper, change ordinary bread and wine into the living God. When we receive Jesus, we come face to face with Him in the flesh, and we physically take Him with us as we travel through life. Receive Jesus as frequently as you are able
- It’s important to read the Gospels over and over again — This is an advice I owe to author Matthew Kelly, and it’s a good one. When we read about Jesus, we have a tremendous opportunity to come to know him better. The Gospels are the primary source of information about Jesus. Read them over and over again, a little bit each day, allowing Jesus’ words and acts to soak into your soul. As Kelly suggests in his book Rediscover Jesus, it is helpful to imagine oneself as different characters in the stories in order to put yourself in the context of what is going on.
- Consider spending some time in adoration – In addition to receiving the Eucharist, we can also be in Jesus’ presence just by being in his presence when the Eucharist is being celebrated. Visit your parish’s Blessed Sacrament Chapel (where you may always find Jesus in the Eucharist, as indicated by the red candle burning outside the door) or attend Adoration, where the Blessed Sacrament is exposed rather than hidden away from view. Read, pray, write, or simply sit in the stillness of Jesus’s presence for a while. During adoration, many people get vocational callings and receive other insights.
- When you go to Reconciliation, you are in the presence of Jesus, something you may not have realized. It doesn’t matter which priest you see
- Jesus is present in each one of them. Through reconciliation, he extends his mercy to us, forgiving our sins and bestowing graces to keep us from sinning again and to help us develop in holiness as we go forward in our lives. It’s one of the few places, aside from the Eucharist, where you may come face to face with Jesus. Go, and go frequently
- Choose a period of Jesus’ life that you can relate to – If you’re like me and have struggled to feel connected to the Jesus of the Gospels, examine Jesus at a moment in his life when he was at his most vulnerable point. St. Therese of Liseiux acquired a devotion to the child Jesus during the course of her life. What do you think of when you think of Jesus as a little infant cooing in his mother’s arms, cuddled close to his mother’s heart? There’s a good place to start. Talk to the Baby Jesus or to Jesus when he was a young man, working as a carpenter with his father
- Talk to Jesus – How can you truly get to know someone if you don’t communicate with them on a daily basis? You can read about them, but does it make you feel like you truly know who they are? Develop the HABIT of conversing with Jesus throughout the day. Thank Him for the lovely day, the blue skies, and the sound of birds chirping – in fact, thank Him for anything wonderful that occurs to you during the day. When faced with a difficult decision, whether big or small, seek assistance. Tell Him when you are upset, anxious, glad, or delighted so that He can help you. He wants you to communicate with Him
- Read the book Jesus Calling – It may be frustrating, to say the least, when the person you’re trying to get to know doesn’t respond to your questions – at least not verbally. I’ve found Jesus Calling, as well as the children’s version, to be a wonderful tool for myself and my children to get closer to Jesus. The book is a daily meditation in which the author puts all of Jesus’ teachings into words, as if He were speaking directly to you, in the style of a conversation. It allows us to hear His words as if they were being addressed directly to us, despite the fact that we are human.
- Obtain a copy of Rediscover Jesus – Author Matthew Kelly of Dynamic Catholic has produced a new book with the goal of assisting Christians, as well as everyone else, in developing a personal relationship with Jesus. He does an excellent job of taking into account Jesus’ teachings and the example He gave us in order to assist us understand how we might live as He wished in the context of our contemporary culture
- We naturally identify the rosary with Mary since it was she who gave us the prayer and requested us to recite it, and it is full with Hail Marys. But there are other ways to pray the rosary that aren’t as obvious. The Rosary, on the other hand, is genuinely about Jesus. If you recite the rosary every day — or as frequently as you are able — you will be pondering on the life of Jesus, day in and day out. Each day brings a new set of ″mysteries,″ or significant events in Jesus’ life, to contemplate while you pray the rosary petitions. As you meditate on these occurrences over and over again, every time you recite the rosary, you’ll notice that fresh insights begin to flow in.
- Learn more about St. Faustina and the Flame of Love by reading her diary (which you can get for free here). Two works that have been authorized by the Catholic Church as messages from Jesus reveal a more intimate voice of Jesus and can assist you in developing a more personal relationship with Him. One of the texts that comes to mind frequently while I am contemplating the Cross is His desire that Elizabeth Kindelmann refer to him as ″my most darling Jesus,″ as well as his request that she envision herself ″nestled close to his forgiving heart.″ I can definitely envision myself in that situation.
This is by no means a comprehensive list of ways to come to know Jesus and his teachings! Please explain what has worked for you and what a difference it has made in your life as a result of developing a personal connection with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
How can we know Jesus?
- As His creatures, we have three avenues through which to learn about Jesus.
- The first of these is Jesus.
- If you pray to Jesus, you will get an understanding of God’s basic nature.
- This is related to the fact that Jesus is one-third of the Trinity.
- As a result, He is known as God.
- In His earthly incarnation, He was the most accurate representation of the true nature of God.
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ ensures that he continues to exist now.
- He continues to embody God’s character and to serve as a link between God and mankind.
- When you pray to God for assistance and direction, He will reply by giving you the Holy Spirit to assist you in your daily life.
Learn who the Holy Spirit is
- The Holy Spirit is the second source of power.
- Once Jesus sends the Holy Spirit to aid you, you will have the opportunity to develop a personal connection with the creator of the universe.
- When you are going through a difficult situation, the Holy Spirit is there to guide and steer you through it.
- He will never abandon you or forsake you in your time of need.
- He is at your side as a superb advisor and guide.
- You may offer your issues to the Holy Spirit, and while you may not see instant results, you will sense comfort and serenity as a result of doing so.
- In this way, Jesus serves as a wise teacher, opening your eyes to the universal reality of who God is and what He has done for you on the cross.
- He will aid you in implementing the truth given in His Word to your life, so enabling you to experience the fullness of life that He has for you.
- The Bible serves as the third and last source.
- Many other items may be found in it as well.
- It is both a life instruction handbook and a history of the Hebrew people and people of Israel.
- It is true that reading the Bible and prayer are the basic foundations of coming to know Jesus, yet that is only the basis.
- As we shall discuss in future teachings, there are several more avenues via which you might approach God and develop a more comprehensive and fulfilling relationship with Him.
- Do you spend the necessary time getting to know Jesus?
- Please let me know by leaving a comment below!
Getting to Know Jesus
- This post is based on Week Six of An Ignatian Prayer Adventure, which is now underway. There was a moment in my life when I did not have a personal relationship with Jesus. Despite the fact that I grew up in a Catholic home, hearing about God, praying the Rosary, and hearing countless stories from my grandmother about how Mother Mary had interceded to protect her family on a number of significant occasions, I had never given much thought to, or felt a strong connection with, this person known as Jesus. It wasn’t until I was an adult that I made the intentional and determined decision to learn more about Jesus and to get to know him on a more personal level. I chatted with a priest friend of mine and inquired as to the best way for me to get to know Jesus. ″Think of Jesus as a new buddy who you’re getting to know better,″ he said in response. You must spend quality time with him, talking with him and listening to him. It takes time and effort, just like any other type of friendship, and it is a two-way street. It is important to remember that Jesus desires to spend time with you and to be in a personal relationship with you. ″Jesus cares about you.″ My buddy suggested that I begin by reading the Scriptures, which he described as ″the live Word of God.″ The Bible is the only source from which we may gain a comprehensive understanding of Jesus’ life and work, from his conception through his death and resurrection. What was it like growing up in Jesus’ family? What were some of the genuine deeds that Jesus performed? What exactly did he say? What was his demeanor toward others? What was the general public’s opinion of him? What is it about Jesus that moves me? What motivates me and what challenges me? What is it that Jesus is trying to communicate to my heart? As well as being encouraged to study the Scripture, I was also urged to attend Mass as frequently as possible—and not only on Sundays! Not only do we hear the Word spoken, but we also receive the living presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist, making Mass a really transformative experience. The following is the site of our first experience with Jesus on a physical level: Here is my body, which I have entrusted to you. Mass gives a great chance to actively sit in the company of the person I want to get to know better and develop in love with during an otherwise hectic day, which is very important for me. After that, I began to participate in prayer groups and spiritual retreats that allowed me to grasp the Word of God more fully and to have a deeper understanding of Jesus’ person. In my heart, the more I learned about Jesus’ way of life and his message, the stronger my love for him and the desire to spend time for him increased as well. As a result, I began setting aside time for Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. In that specific moment of solitude and prayer, in the presence of Jesus in that particular fashion, I trusted, and continue to trust, that he is at work in the depths of my heart and that grace is being lavished upon my soul. It am certain that this experience has occurred because of the feelings of thankfulness and love that have risen in my heart, as well as my desire to continue spending time with Jesus. As a result of the gift of creative contemplation, which St. Ignatius gave me, I am able to enter more fully into the scenes of the Gospel in a very strong way. I am present in the room as Jesus takes the children into his arms, and I can sense his affection toward the children. As I walk through the streets of Jerusalem or Nazareth, I can feel the dirt under my feet and smell the scent of food being cooked for those of us who will be gathered around the table with Jesus. We’re conversing, listening, telling tales, and joking about as we would with our friends. In all of these ways, I am asked to have heart-to-heart interactions with the person of Jesus, my buddy, and I have had and continue to have such meetings with him. What strategies are you using to make time to get to know Jesus?
- There are ebbs and flows in any friendship, just as in any other relationship. What strategies do you use to keep your friendships strong?
- What moves you as you become more acquainted with Jesus?
How Do We Get to Know Jesus?
- The moment I got into the cinema, she began walking toward my car.
- She swiftly turned around and peered into the rear seat, where she appeared to be lazily gazing into the distance.
- It was completely devoid of everything.
- She strolled inside the theater with a smile on her face.
- As she sat in the dressing room, she realized that she still didn’t have a satisfactory answer to her original question.
- I was dressed up and ready to go onstage for a dress rehearsal.
- My street clothes were right around the corner.
- She took my wallet out of my pocket and opened it with one hand.
- Suddenly, she became aware of individuals in the corridor.
- The rehearsal had come to an end.
- What if someone happened to see her?
- Would people suspect her of being a thief?
- She slipped the wallet back into my jeans pocket and walked out of the changing room, a smile on her face since she had not discovered what she was looking for.
- Later, she gave me the whole tale of how she lost her money and how she ended up in the car.
- She was on the lookout for any indication that I was married.
In the car, was there a child safety seat?Was there a picture of my wife and children in my wallet, or was it just me?If you believe in biblical principles, you might argue she was following one of them: Desire without understanding is bad; how much more will hurried feet miss the road!
- Proverbs 19:2 (NIV) If you were to look for a picture of my wife now, you would find a picture of her, and the car seat would be for one of our grandkids.
- My future wife wanted to know a little bit about me before we went the next stage in our relationship…
How do we learn to know Jesus?
Have you ever heard the song ″Do you Know Him?″ by S.M. Lockridge? When talking about Jesus, he begins by saying, ″According to the Bible…″ ″It is written in the Bible.″ To get to know Jesus, there is no need for wallet snooping or back seat staring.
Want to know Jesus? Start with the Bible…
- Part of Lockridge’s renowned ″Do You Know Him?″ song may be heard below. … According to the Bible, my King is a seven-way king.. He is the King of the Jews
- that is, a racial king.
- He is the King of Israel
- that is, a national king.
- He is the King of Righteousness.
- He is the King of the Ages.
- He is the King of Heaven.
- He is the King of Glory.
- He is the King of Kings, and He is the Lord of Lords.
- He is the King of Kings, and He is the Lord of Lords.
- He is the
- That’s my King, there. Well… I’m curious whether you’re familiar with Him. … ″The heavens proclaim the glory of God, and the firmament demonstrates His craftsmanship,″ David declared. My King has the authority of a sovereign King. There are no words that can adequately describe His boundless love. No telescope with a long focal length can bring the shoreline of His limitless supply into clear view. There is nothing that can stand in the way of Him pouring forth His benefits. Him being eternally strong.
- Him being completely honest.
- Him being eternally steadfast.
- Him being immortally graceful.
- Him being imperially powerful. and Him being impartially merciful.
- Him being enduringly strong, honest, and completely sincere.
- Him being completely sincere, honest, and completely sincere.
- Him being completely sincere, completely sincere.
If you haven’t heard Lockridge before, or if it has been a long since you have, have a listen to him on this page. Do you want to get to know Jesus? Paul informs us… Consequently, hearing leads to faith, which is gained through the word of Christ. 10:17 (Romans 10:17)
To know Jesus, read the Love note he left you in the Bible (It may be tough love sometimes. but it’s always love.)
Bible Gateway.com has Bible reading programs that you may use. The Top 14 Bible Verses for Remaining Calm in Tough Times… ″Take a deep breath!″ Don’t you despise it when someone says anything like that to you? ″However, there’s a great deal of suffering out there…″ She took a breath… And then there was a long list of persons in distress… A marriage in disarray… Recovery
How to Seek the Presence of Jesus Christ in your Life
Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded If you wish to find life in this gloomy world, you may do so by turning to Jesus Christ. In prayer, He will personally direct you to the truth in your life and reveal His reality if you simply seek Him with all of your heart and soul. This essay will assist you in getting to know Jesus and developing a personal connection with him. –
Steps Download Article
- 1Drop your worldly way of life and fall to your knees before God, pleading for help. People are leading a worldly lifestyle that corresponds to their individual hopes, objectives, and desires. Some people also suffer from depression, fear, and anxiety, which can make their lives extremely difficult
- however, if you are humble and cry out to Jesus, as well as repent (which means to reject evil and turn away from your sins in your heart completely), he will hear you, speak to you, and assist you. But first and foremost, you must place Jesus at the center of your life and actively pursue a relationship with Him
- only then will you be able to recognize His voice. If you want to receive Christ’s love, you must be willing to open your heart.
- 2 In prayer, seek Jesus’ guidance. Cry out to Him, and he will hear you and respond if you are sincere in your prayer. You must ask Jesus to save you and forgive you of your sins, and to wash you whiter as snow, but you must not return to your sins once you have received Jesus’ forgiveness. In order to pray to Jesus, you must repent of your sins and make the decision to put Jesus first in your life. Jesus will give you peace, a profound peace, and the depression and the gloom will just go from your life in the blink of an eye. Promotional material
- 3 Wait for Jesus to come up to you and speak to you. The Holy Spirit will communicate with you as you come closer to Him. He will demonstrate to you how you must abide with Him, place your trust in Him, and abandon your way of life. To be serious, Jesus will demonstrate that you must abandon your own way of life and pick up your cross in order to follow Him! He will demonstrate to you that no sin can enter the kingdom of heaven, and that only by repentance and the establishment of a personal connection with Him, which is real faith, can we be washed clean and enter the narrow gate of eternal life! We must repent of our sins, and if we make errors, Jesus will tell us that he would forgive those as well, if we repent and stop doing them. However, we must not go back to our old ways of living in sin, otherwise we will be lost and end up in Hell if we die in our sins. This is something that Jesus discusses in the Parable of the Sower. Listen carefully and allow Jesus to reveal the truth to you. Many people have perished in hell as a result of their failure to repent and seek to know God when it was too late. As Jesus remarked in John 5:39, many people do not desire to have a connection with Him because they would rather continue living their lives in the manner of this world, or by putting dubious teaching on particular verses in scripture, rather than seeking Him for genuine in prayer and commitment. If you want to find Jesus, you must pursue Him as if He were a real person, because Jesus is alive and has risen from the dead
- he is reigning as King in heaven, and he can hear and communicate to us. He will come soon for those who have accepted Him as their King and Saviour and have remained true to Him. Read the words of Jesus in the Bible and follow them, especially the exhortations contained in the writings of the Apostles, to the letter. You will be justified as a result of your faith, and he will record your name in the Book of Life, which is kept in heaven. In the name of Jesus Christ, the Messiah, submit to water baptism and pray for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Because God will give you the Holy Spirit, who will empower you with divine authority to carry out His plan on earth and guide you. The most typical indicator of acquiring this gift is the beginning of speaking in other tongues, which is one of the many gifts that the Holy Spirit will bestow upon you. Then you will be able to pray in different languages, as the Bible confirms. Due to the fact that it is the Holy Spirit praying through you, this prayer has tremendous power. As the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 6:2, ″Today is the day of salvation.″ Advertisement
- Question Add a new question Question What is the best way to ask Jesus for forgiveness? You just beg for forgiveness in the same way that you would ask for forgiveness from another person whom you have offended. Close your eyes and find a peaceful location to pray so that you can communicate with him. Inform him of what you did and why you believe you did it, and express your regret that you made a mistake. Pray for forgiveness and guidance on how to be and do better in the future.
- Concerning the Question Even though I’ve been a Christian for ten years, I haven’t been able to give up my worldly lifestyle. What steps may I take to be a decent religious person? Make a prayer about it and ask God for guidance. Refrain from giving in to worldly temptations
- recite scripture to assist you in this. Solicit the assistance of some Christian friends or a pastor in your prayers, and spend your time with them rather than with anybody who may be a negative influence on you.
- Concerning the Question What is the response of Jesus to my prayer? Jesus will respond to your request in your spirit, and depending on the petition, his responses may or may not be seen in your life.
- Concerning the Question What is the best way to tell whether Jesus has forgiven me? There’s no need to be concerned about whether or when Jesus will forgive you
- there’s no need to be concerned about whether or when.
- Concerning the Question Is Jesus a person who accepts everyone? No matter what your circumstances are, Jesus will accept you just as you are. If you desire to have a connection with him that is always increasing, he will cleanse you of all your sin.
- Concerning the Question I genuinely want Jesus to be a part of my life, and I want to repent with all of my heart, but I keep falling back into my old habits and failing. What can I do to put a stop to this? You are not need to be in a flawless, sinless state at any point in your life in order to embrace Jesus as your savior. It is possible to be saved if you truly believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and ask Him to forgive you.
- Concerning the Question Will Jesus be able to tell if I’m in pain? He’s always aware of when you’re in distress. He has experienced agony himself as a man, and he understands what it is like to be in pain. He is always aware of what is going on in your life.
- Question How can I get back on track with Jesus if I’ve become spiritually destitute? You should weep your heart out, be immersed in water, and genuinely seek Him. Turn away from your sin and repent. Remove yourself from the presence of anybody or anything who is a source of negativity in your life. Follow in the footsteps of Jesus’ teachings.
- Ask questions. What is the best way for me to seek out Jesus if I am not a Christian? Become acquainted with some Christian friends, engage in a discussion with them about Jesus, and request that they accompany you to church and to seminars or retreats where you may learn more about Jesus. What is the best way to recognize whether Jesus is protecting me? Jesus is always there to protect you! This is an opportunity for you to put your faith to the test
- all you have to do now is trust that Jesus is keeping his promise to you by safeguarding you.
More information can be found in the following answers: Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome.
- Testimonies of those who have experienced the presence of Jesus in their life are available to read.
- To become a new believer, you must first acknowledge that you are a sinner, then repent of your sins, and ultimately forsake your sins in order to discover Jesus. Following the completion of these stages, you become a member of God’s family.
- Do you wish to know whether or not God exists? If you are truly serious about finding God, there is one surefire way to do it. And that is to begin crying out to Him on your knees or with your face before Him in adoration and worship. Make a sincere request for His forgiveness, and place your faith in His son Jesus, who was sent to bleed His blood for your sins so that your past will be closed, the door to your past will be closed, and you may begin afresh on a new, fresh path in life. You may do this by following the guidance of Jesus and having the rules of God engraved on your heart by God so that you can follow them!
- You won’t only find Jesus in a church or in the Bible
- Jesus is alive and well, and He is ready to talk to anybody who seeks to hear from Him on the inside. The Bible states, ″Seek and you will find, because all who seek will find, and all who knock will be answered″
- ″Knock and the door will be opened,″ he adds.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement
About This Article
The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 272,575 times.
So You Want to Know Jesus Better
- We discovered one of the first Christian songs, Colossians 1:15-23, in the excellent epistle of Colossians, which we read this past Sunday.
- This poem is full of heartfelt veneration for Christ as well as profound theological insight.
- It emphasizes on His one-of-a-kind nature and work, emphasising the fact that Jesus is completely and completely sufficient.
- When it comes to the authority, supremacy, headship, and sufficiency of Jesus Christ in the universe, this chapter is one of the most powerful declarations found anywhere in all of Scripture.
- The apostle Paul used this well-known hymn to help a church in Colossae who was struggling with false teaching, errant teaching that was diverting the church’s attention away from the central truths of the gospel of Christ and toward mythical, mystical, and mysterious speculations, restore their attention to Jesus and refocus all eyes on Him.
- 15 He is the image of the unseen God, the firstborn of all creation, and the embodiment of all that is good.
- 16 For it was through Him that all things were made, both in the heavens and on the earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created by Him and for Him, whether they are visible or invisible.
- 17 He is the beginning and the end of all things, and in Him all things are held together.
- 18 He is also the head of the body, which is the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to be regarded as the first in all things.
- It was the Father’s good pleasure for all of creation to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven; it was the Father’s good pleasure for all of creation to dwell in Him, and it was the Father’s good pleasure to reconcile all things to Himself through Him, having made peace through the blood of His cross.
- 22 But, despite the fact that you were previously alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy, blameless, and beyond reproach— 23 if, in fact, you continue in the faith that you have heard, which is firmly established and steadfast, and have not turned away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed throughout all creation under heaven, and of Colossians 1:15-234 is a biblical text.
- Simple Steps to Living Your Life According to Your Authentic Design
- Read about Him in the scriptures.
- Spending quality time with someone is the only way to actually get to know them.
- The most important way in which we spend time with Jesus is by reading and studying the Bible together.
- Begin by reading a chapter a day and asking yourself two questions about what you’ve read.
- What exactly did God have to convey to me?
- Then, in response to the inquiry, ″What would you say to Him?″ create a prayer of response in which you answer the question.
- Talk to Him through prayer.
- Make use of the gift of prayer to communicate with Jesus and to hear from him.
- The A.C.T.S.
- approach should be used.
- To begin, offer prayers of devotion to God, worship Him, and laud Him.
- After then, it’s straight to confession.
- Ask Him to search your heart and disclose any sins you may be harboring, and then confess them to Him.
- The claim is based on 1 John 1:9, which says, ″If you confess your sins, He is true and just and will forgive your sins and wash you from all unrighteousness.″ Continue with a period of thanksgiving before closing with supplication, or prayers for your friends, family and neighbors as well as for your church and country.
- Talk about Him with your friends.
If someone is really important to you, you will share your feelings about them with people who are close to you. Give an account of what He is doing in your life, and how He is at work in you and your environment.
- Make Him the most important part of your life.
- Every choice, every success, every setback, and every difficulty are influenced by Him.
- If He is your Lord, your life will be centered on Him and the things that are vital to Him.
- Chris Williams is a pastor in the United States.
- More information about Pastor Chris and his preaching can be found on the internet at fcfamily.org; be sure to subscribe to get these biweekly encouragements in your email as a result of your visit.
How to Find God: The Five Ways
- That’s probably not a strong enough statement to make.
- God can’t be found anywhere at all.
- For those who believe that God exists ″up there, someplace,″ and that they exist ″down here on earth,″ that is, if they believe God exists apart from them, then this is precisely why God cannot be located.
- ″Separation″ is a fiction based on an outmoded theology that was made popular in the twentieth century by programs such as Evangelism Explosion, the Four Spiritual Laws, and other similar initiatives.
- God and you are considered to be independent entities in this religious system.
- God is pure and righteous.
- You’re a sinner who’s rotten to the core of your being.
- In addition, unless you repent of your sins and believe in Jesus as your spotless replacement – since he was never a sinner himself – you, my friend, are bound to an eternity in hell.
- As a result of this conviction, Christian preachers are encouraged to preach a theology that separates practically all of mankind from God and condemns them to damnation (see the recent tweet by the Mars Hill pastor Mark Driscoll).
- For decades, this theological misunderstanding of Jesus’ life and death – known as ″the substitutionary theory of atonement″ – has served as the sole means of explaining Jesus’ life and death to the public and to the church.
- Many Christians experience theological cardiac arrest when they doubt their beliefs.
- Nevertheless, many people have been quietly challenging it for nearly as many decades, and now, thanks to the internet, Christians, theologians, churchgoers, and ″Nones,″ as well as scores of other people around the world, have discovered that they are not alone in their skepticism about this and other outmoded theologies and doctrines.
- This notion of atonement was taught to me from a young age, and there was never an alternative offered.
- We were under the impression that we would consume it in the same way that the Jonestown residents were under the impression that they would drink the poisoned Kool Aid.
What many people are now seeing is that this religion has had a comparable influence on people’s spiritual life for hundreds of years, if not thousands.It’s past time to let go of the past.The Christian tale may be understood in a different manner, and this method is not only more consistent with what Jesus actually taught, but it also has a common understanding with many other religious traditions.
- The simplest method to do this is to simply read the story of Jesus from the perspective of ″a sinner estranged from God.″ Instead, begin from the position of ″a spiritual being in unity with God who has already attained spiritual maturity.″ Why?