Behind The Song: Zach Williams Shares The Heart Behind His Song “There Was Jesus (feat. Dolly Parton)”
On June 9, 2020, Christian News published a 0 comment. Zach Williams has written a song tale for us this week, which we’d like to share with you. His song “There Was Jesus (with Dolly Parton)” has a fascinating backstory, and we’re pleased to share it with you. ” ‘There Was Jesus,’ on the other hand, is a song that is truly just about introspection. 20 years ago, I had no concept that God was there in the moment, or even that He was with me through some of the things that were going on in my life.
Looking back, I can see that He was actively involved in all I was doing at the time.
To hear Zach tell his side of the tale, watch the video below.
Rescue Story is a song from the album Rescue Story.
- There Was Jesus, according to the lyrics Every time I attempted to make it on my own, I failed miserably.
- All of the desolate roads that I had been on were filled with the presence of Jesus.
- There was Jesus, of course.
- There was Jesus for this man who was in desperate need of an incredible amount of grace.
- There was Jesus, of course.
- Zach Williams has written a song tale for us this week, which we’d like to share with you. This is an exciting opportunity for us to share with you the narrative behind his song “Heaven Help Me.” Zach Williams has written a song tale for us this week, which we’d like to share with you. We’re thrilled to share with you the tale that inspired his song “The Struggle,” which you can listen to below.
- Zach Williams has written a song tale for us this week, which we’d like to share with you. This is an exciting opportunity for us to share with you the narrative behind his song “Less Like Me.” Those of you who missed it last week will be pleased to know that Zach Williams and Dolly Parton announced some good news. The band’s smash tune “There Was Jesus” peaked at the top of both the Christian Airplay and the Christian Alternative charts. The song marks Dolly’s comeback
- The new music video for “There Was Jesus,” which features GRAMMY Award®-winning singers Zach Williams and Dolly Parton, premiered today on YouTube. The tune is also now airing on Christian and country radio stations.
There Was Jesus – Wikipedia
|“There Was Jesus”|
|SinglebyZach WilliamsandDolly Parton|
|from the albumRescue Story|
|Released||October 3, 2019|
|Label||Provident Label Group|
|Zach Williamssingles chronology|
|“Rescue Story” (2019)||” There Was Jesus ” (2019)||“Empty Grave” (2020)|
|” God Only Knows ” (2019)||” There Was Jesus ” (2019)||” Faith ” (2019)|
” There Was Jesus ” is a song written by American Christian rock musician Zach Williams and American singer-songwriter Dolly Parton, which was released in 2007. As the second single from Williams’ album, Rescuing Story, it was released on October 3, 2019, and has since gone platinum. At the 2021 Grammy Awards, the song “There Was Jesus” was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song. At the 2021 GMA Dove Awards, “There Was Jesus” was nominated for two awards: Song of the Year (GMA Dove Award) and Pop/Contemporary Recorded Song of the Year (GMA Dove Award).
Williams collaborated with Casey Beathard and Jonathan Smith on the song “There Was Jesus,” which was also produced by Williams. Williams shared his thoughts on the song’s inspiration, saying that the song is about “Looking back on my life 20 years ago, I had no notion that God was present at the moment, or that He had even been with me through some of the most difficult experiences I’ve had to endure. I can now see that He was involved in all I was doing at the time.” He stated that as soon as they completed creating the song, he wanted to contact Dolly Parton to see if she would be interested in recording it with him.
When Dolly Parton heard the song, she fell in love with it.
Williams noted in a press release that “It was an incredible experience simply to have the opportunity to record a song with Dolly Parton.
It was a genuine privilege to collaborate with Dolly. She has a way of making you feel like you’re the only one in the room, which is quite effective. The song captures her genuine and down-to-earth personality, and I can’t wait for others to hear that in it.”
Williams and Parton performed the song live for the first time on November 13, 2019, at the 53rd Annual Country Music Awards in Nashville.
- “Zach Williams’ single “There Was Jesus” is available for purchase. Dolly Parton”.iTunes. Apple. October 3, 2019. Retrieved December 27, 2019
- “Dolly Parton Featured On Zach Williams’ New Song “There Was Jesus””.iTunes. Apple. October 3, 2019. Retrieved December 27, 2019 “. DollyParton.com. Dolly Parton. Retrieved on December 27, 2019
- Staff, Dolly Parton. October 4, 2019. The Boot is a euphemism for punishment. Dolly Parton Sings a Faith-Filled Medley with For King & Country and Zach Williams at the 2019 CMA Awards, which can be seen here. The Boot is a euphemism for punishment. Denise Warner (Warner, Denise) retrieved on December 27, 2019
- (November 24, 2020). Retrieved November 25, 2020
- “2021 Grammy Nominations: See the Complete List | Billboard.” Billboard. Retrieved November 25, 2020
- “2021 Grammy Nominations: See the Complete List | Billboard” (April 29, 2021). Nominees for the Billboard Music Awards’ Top Christian/Gospel Artist and SongAlbum categories have been announced for the year 2021. The Christian Beat is a musical group that focuses on Christian themes. Obtainable on April 30, 2021
- Grein, Paul (August 11, 2021). “2021 GMA Dove Award Nominees: Full List | Billboard”.Billboard. Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group. “2021 GMA Dove Award Nominees: Full List | Billboard”. Billboard. Retrieved August 13, 2021
- “Dolly Parton Chart History (Bubbling Under Hot 100)”.Billboard.Retrieved September 1, 2020
- “Zach Williams Chart History (Hot Christian Songs)”.Billboard.Retrieved August 14, 2019
- “Zach Williams Chart History (Christian Adult Contemporary)”.Billboard.Retrieved December 20, 2020
- “Dolly Parton Chart History (Digital Song Sales)”.Billboard.Retrieved August “Christian Airplay Songs – Year-End | Billboard”.Billboard. Billboard-Hollywood. Retrieved December 5, 2020
- “Christian Airplay Songs – Year-End | Billboard”.Billboard. “Christian AC Songs – Year-End | Billboard”.Billboard. Billboard-Hollywood. Retrieved December 5, 2020
- “Christian AC Songs – Year-End | Billboard”.Billboard. On December 5, 2020, Billboard published “Hot Christian Songs – Billboard”.Billboard. Year-End Chart. December 4, 2021
- Retrieved December 4, 2021
- “Singlecertifications in the United States – Zach Williams The song by Dolly Parton is called There Was Jesus “. Association of the Recording Industry of America (RIAA). On the 15th of January in the year 2021,
- Albums, singles, songs, a filmography, awards, and nominations are all available.
- Hello, my name is Dolly. In the Good Old Days (When Times Were Tough)
- My Blue Ridge Mountain Boy
- And Just Because I’m a Woman are some of the songs that come to mind.
- “The Fairest of Them All,” “The Golden Streets of Glory,” “Joshua,” “Coat of Many Colors,” “Touch Your Woman,” and “The Fairest of Them All” are all songs written by Porter Wagoner, who is also my favorite songwriter. My mountain retreat in Tennessee
- The Bargain Store
- Love Is Like a Butterfly
- Bubbling Over
- The Bargain Store
- All I Can Do
- New Harvest are some of the songs on this album. First Gathering
- Here You Come Again
- Great Balls of Fire
- First Gathering
- 9 to 5 and Odd Jobs, Heartbreak Express, BurlapSatin, The Great Pretender, Once Upon a Christmas, Real Love, Rainbow, White Limozeen, and Dolly, Dolly, Dolly are just a few of the titles available.
- HOME FOR CHRISTMAS, Eagle When She Flies, Slow Dancing with the Moon, Honky Tonk Angels, Something Special, Treasures, Hungry Again, Trio II, Precious Memories, The Grats Is Blue are some of the songs on the album.
- Backwoods Barbie
- Little Sparrow
- For God and Country
- Those Were the Days
- An Authentic Live Dolly
- Heartsongs: Live from Home
- Live and Well
- A Real Live Dolly
- 9 to 5, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, Rhinestone, Straight Talk, Joyful Noise, Dumplin’, and a slew of more songs.
- Think About Love
- The Best There Is
- Best of Dolly Parton, Vol. 3
- I Will Always Love You and Other Greatest Hits
- Ultimate Dolly Parton
- Just the Way I Am
- Best of Dolly Parton
- Greatest Hits
- The Winning Hand
- Collector’s Series
- Think About Love
- Just the Way I Am Just Because I’m a Woman: Songs of Dolly Parton
- Just Because I’m a Woman: Songs of Dolly Parton Dolly Parton’s Very Best
- Dolly Parton’s Very Best Dolly Parton’s greatest hits are in this playlist.
- Among the songs are: ” Mule Skinner Blues,” ” Joshua,” ” Coat of Many Colors,” ” Touch Your Woman,” ” My Tennessee Mountain Home,” ” Jolene,” and ” I Will Always Love You.” Other songs include: ” The Bargain Store,” ” The Seeker,” and ” We Used To,” as well as ” All I Can Do,” ” Here You Come Again,” ” Two Doors Down,” and ” It’s All Wrong, But It’s All Right,” and ” It’s All W The songs ” Heartbreaker” and ” Baby I’m Burning” are among the most popular. Other songs include ” Starting Over Again “
- ” Old Flames Can’t Hold a Candle to You “
- ” 9 to 5 “
- ” But You Know I Love You “
- ” The House of the Rising Sun “
- ” Single Women “
- ” Heartbreak Express “
- ” Hard Candy Christmas “
- ” Islands in the Stream “
- ” Tennessee Homesick Blues “
- ” Don’t Call It Love”
- ” Real ” Girl in the Movies “
- ” Faith “
- ” When Life Is Good Again “
- ” Cuddle Up, Cozy Down Christmas “
- s” Does He Love You (Revisited) “
- In addition to Dolly (1976), Dolly (1987), Dolly Carol in Nashville, Hollywood to Dollywood, The Book Lady, and For the Love of Dolly, there are several other Dolly-related films. Coat of Many Colors
- Coat of Many Colors Christmas of Many Colors includes the songs Circle of Love, Dolly Parton’s Heartstrings, Christmas in the Square, and Christmas on the Corner.
- The HalosHorns Tour, the Hello, I’m Dolly Tour, the Vintage Tour, An Evening with Dolly Parton, the Backwoods Barbie Tour, the Better Day World Tour, the Blue Smoke World Tour, and the PureSimple Tour are all examples of Dolly Parton’s touring activities.
- Discographies of Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton, as well as Stella Parton, Rachel Dennison, and the Dollywood Foundation
Dolly Parton Featured On Zach Williams’ New Song “There Was Jesus”
The highly anticipated sophomore record, “Rescue Story,” by GMA Dove Award®-winning artist Zach Williams, builds on the incredible success of his Grammy®-winning “Chainbreaker” album. Zach Williams is the GMA Dove Award®-winning artist of the year. Zach is especially happy to have collaborated with Dolly Parton, a world-renowned country music superstar, on the soul-stirring song “There Was Jesus,” which was released earlier this year. “There Was Jesus,” a song written by Zach, Jonathan Smith, and Casey Beathard, is a reflection on Zach’s life and journey.
- “I can now see that He was involved in whatever I was doing at the time.” Zach knew that as soon as they completed creating the song, he wanted to reach out to Dolly to see if she would be interested in joining him in performing it.
- They were both thrilled with it, and plans were made for the two of them to meet in the studio a few weeks later to record the song.
- It was a genuine privilege to collaborate with Dolly.
- “She is so down-to-earth and real, and I can’t wait for people to hear that in the song,” says the songwriter.
- “Rescue Story” is distributed by Sony/Provident and is accessible in digital and physical retail stores across the world, including the United States.
Zach Williams’ new song “There Was Jesus” includes a cameo appearance by Dolly Parton.
There Was Jesus by Zach Williams (featuring Dolly Parton) – Songfacts
- Zach Williams is a singer-songwriter who was born in Florida and reared in Arkansas. He began his music career as a member of the Southern rock band Zach WilliamsThe Reformation. The group, which was formed in 2007, has issued two independent CDs and performed all throughout the southern United States and occasionally Europe. Williams disbanded the Reformation in 2012 because he was becoming more dissatisfied with the lifestyle of being the frontman of a secular rock band
- Instead, he desired to play material that was more in keeping with his newly discovered Christian convictions. His spiritual journey is the subject of this song, which he writes about. Every time I attempted to make it on my own, I failed miserably. Every time I attempted to stand, I fell. Moreover, there was a reason for all of those lonely roads that I had been on. Jesus In a news statement, Williams stated his position. the subject of the song “Looking back on my life 20 years ago, I had no notion that God was there in the moment, or that He had even been with me through some of the most difficult experiences I’ve had to endure. The song was written by Williams with the help of his usual producer Jonathan Smith and Nashville composer Casey Beathard (Kenny Chesney’s ” The Boys of Fall,” Eric Church ” Like Jesus Does”), who also worked on the song with Chesney and Beathard “. As soon as they finished recording the song, the singer decided he wanted to see whether Dolly Parton would be interested in performing it with him in a duet. Williams’ crew forwarded the demo to Dolly Parton’s manager, who then played it in front of the singer. She adored it, and because she was seeking to work on some faith-based material at the moment, she decided to join the project. Williams and Parton sang “There Was Jesus” live for the first time on November 13, 2019, at the CMA Awards in Nashville. It was performed as part of a faith-based medley by Parton, which includes her duet with Swedish EDM duo Galantis and Dutch rapper Mr. Probz, “Faith,” and her collaboration with For KingCountry, “God Only Knows.” The song reached No. 1 on the Christian Airplay chart, making Williams the third artist to do so and Parton the first to do so in her career. With this achievement, the country queen made history by becoming the first artist in history to be ranked at the top of both the Country Airplay and Christian Airplay charts
- “There Was Jesus” was awarded the Grammy for Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song at the Grammy Awards in 2021
There Was Jesus
Every time I attempted to make it on my own, I failed miserably. Every time I attempted to stand, I failed miserably. And on all of the lonely roads that I had traveled, there was Jesus to comfort me. When the life I had constructed came crumbling down around me, I was devastated. When all of my buddies were nowhere to be found, I was alone. I couldn’t see it at the time, but I can see it clearly today. There was Jesus, of course. In the midst of the waiting, in the midst of the searching In the midst of the mending and the hurtingLike a blessing hidden in the midst of the shattered pieces Every minute, every second, every second of every day Where I’ve been and where I’m going are both important to me.
For this guy who is in desperate need of an extraordinary type of grace (Mmm)For forgiveness at a cost I could never pay (Mmm)I’m not perfect, but I thank God every day for his mercy and forgiveness.
In the midst of healing and suffering As though there was a blessing buried among the shattered pieces Every minute, every second, every second of every day Where I’ve been and where I’m going are both important to me.
Mountains and valleys are where you’ll find me (There was Jesus) Alleys and alleyways are shrouded in gloom (There was Jesus) In the midst of a fire or a flood (There was Jesus) Always has been and always will be No, I never walk alone (I never walk alone) and you are always there for me whenever I need you.
Despite the fact that I was unaware of it or couldn’t see it There was Jesus, of course.
There was Jesus, of course. There was Jesus, of course. Jonathan Smith, Case Beathard, and Zach Williams are the songwriters for this song. Little Louder Songs, Be Essential Songs, Seven Ring Circus Songs (P) 2019 Provident Label Group LLC, a part of Sony Music Entertainment. There Was Jesus lyrics.
Dolly Parton & Christian Singer Zach Williams’ Music Video For “There Was Jesus’
Zach Williams / courtesy of YouTube Country queen Dolly Parton collaborated with a number of different Christian singers throughout the second part of the year 2019. Her debut release was in August, when she collaborated with the brother duo for KINGCOUNTRY on the song “God Only Knows,” which was accompanied by a music video for the song. Following that, she collaborated with Christian musician Zach Williams on a song named “There Was Jesus,” which was released as part of his albumRescue Story.
- Her performance at the 53rd Annual Country Music Awards in 2019, which she also co-hosted, included these two songs as well as another named “Faith.” “God Only Knows,” a stunning performance of which was performed by KINGCOUNTRY, kicked off the medley of songs.
- She was then joined by Williams, who joined her for a performance of “There Was Jesus,” after which she played “Faith” solo – with a choir backing her up!
- A little more than five months after their CMA Awards duet, Parton and Williams unveiled the official music video for their harrowing track.
- With the song and accompanying video, we learn that Jesus will always be there for us when we need Him.
- Spread the word on Facebook.
Dolly Parton and Zach Williams’ Duet Blends Faith-Based and Country Styles
It is a personal confession of faith and hope that characterizes contemporary Christian musician Zach Williams’ duet with Grammy Award-winning vocalist Dolly Parton, “There Was Jesus.” The song, propelled by Parton’s ageless vocal tone and Williams’ soulful performance, transcended genres to become a number one smash in both the country and faith-based genres for numerous weeks in a row. The opportunity to collaborate with Parton was a tremendous honor, according to Williams, who noted that the legendary musician receives a great number of requests on a consistent basis.
- “We were all well aware that it was a tall order, and we were aiming for the moon to attempt to convince her to appear on the song,” Williams stated.
- The day she heard the song, Parton told Williams that she didn’t even get through the first chorus before she realized it was a wonderful tune and a “God-send,” according to Williams.
- Parton’s vocals were cut at a Nashville studio by the duo, who spent around four hours together, according to Williams.
- Following the publication of the tune as a part of Williams’ albumRescue Story, the song has become increasingly popular.
- During an interview about the background behind “There Was Jesus,” Williams stated that the fundamental message is a call to recall where Jesus has been in every moment, both retrospectively and prospectively.
- “It’s just a matter of surviving from one day to the next,” Williams explained.
- But, when I look back on all those years of my life, I think,’man, God was in that moment right there,’ and I think,’man, He was in every one of those times even though I was running away from Him, He was chasing after me,'” says the author.
- He can now look back on his life and say, “there was Jesus.” Williams explained that the entire album was composed from a position of introspection.
- As a result of the association with Parton, the song, according to Williams, had a significantly bigger effect and reach than it otherwise would have had.
- “Everyone is familiar with that name.
“It was doing things that we hadn’t seen songs do before, and I know it was because of the relationship she had with the music.” “It was doing things that we hadn’t seen songs do before.” “Because of her involvement, the message of what the song is about and who God is has reached an audience that I would have never reached on my own,” Williams concluded.
Williams stated that he would love to collaborate with Parton again, and the two have discussed the possibility of working together on songwriting projects in the future, given Parton’s continued interest in faith-based and gospel music.
“When you first meet her, she’s all you imagined she’d be and more. Within seconds, you see why she has maintained a successful profession for so long. I think it has to do with the fact that she is so down to earth and really loves on everyone.”
Zach Williams and Dolly Parton’s Popular Duet “There Was Jesus”
The gospel song “There Was Jesus,” performed by the talented Christian musician Zach Williams and the award-winning country performer Dolly Parton, was a triumphant success on the music scene. When Zach Williams released his praise song “Chainbreaker,” he shot to prominence. The turning point in Zach’s life occurred when he became more intimate with God after years of drug addiction. His realization that there is no one superior than God began to dawn on him at that point. He began to write worship hymns in which he extolled the Lord’s majesty and glory.
- The Recording Industry Association of America certified Parton’s records as gold, platinum, and multi-platinum, and she received several honors for her work.
- “I Will Always Love You,” “Jolene,” “Coat of Many Colors,” and “9 to 5” are some of her most well-known tunes.
- According to Billboard.com Zach shared one of his newest tunes, “There WasJesus,” with his fans today.
- In his own words, “It was an incredible experience just to get the opportunity to record a song with Dolly Parton.” It was a genuine privilege to collaborate with Dolly.
- “She is so down-to-earth and real, and I can’t wait for people to hear that in the song,” says the songwriter.
- God brings us closer to them as they perform their lovely interpretation.
For this man who is in desperate need of an extraordinary amount of grace. I’m not perfect, therefore I thank God every day for his forgiveness, which came at a cost I couldn’t bear. There was Jesus, of course. The lyrics described above are basic in structure, yet they convey a deeper message. It demonstrates that God accepts and loves us unconditionally no matter what we do or who we are. He accepts and loves us regardless of our circumstances. He is a kind God who has paid a price that no one else could pay.
Listen to Zach Williams and Dolly Parton’s “There Was Jesus” below:
“My gratitude and blessings for being a part of this great song with Zach Williams are inexpressible. It brings joy to my heart to know that we have made a difference in the lives of so many individuals.” What was the number one song on the charts? Last October, Christian rock musician Zach Williams released the song ” There Was Jesus,” a duet with the vocalist. The song appears on Williams’ upcoming albumRescue Story and was released as the second single from the album last fall. The song was written by Williams in collaboration with Casey Beathard and Jonathan Smith, and we couldn’t imagine it without Dolly Parton’s dreamy, uplifting voice on it.
1 album at any time is a fantastic accomplishment, but having a No.
My gratitude and blessings for being a part of this great song with Zach Williams are inexpressible.
Of course, Dolly Parton is no stranger to the Billboard charts, but it must be thrilling for her to attain a number one position in a genre she is not previously associated with.
We’ve been listening to Dolly Parton’s songs nearly nonstop since March, so we’re looking forward to getting our hands on her new Christmas album. Do you want to have a virtual dance party with the Smoky Mountain Songbird? We certainly hope so.
Dolly Parton Featured On Zach Williams’ New Song “There Was Jesus”
Zach Williams, the GMA Dove Award® Artist of the Year, has released his highly anticipated sophomore CD, “Rescue Story,” following the incredible success of his Grammy®-winning album, “Chainbreaker.” Zach is especially happy to have collaborated with Dolly Parton, a world-renowned country music superstar, on the soul-stirring song “There Was Jesus,” which was released earlier this year. “There Was Jesus,” a song written by Zach, Jonathan Smith, and Casey Beathard, is a reflection on Zach’s life and journey.
- His crew set to work and completed the song before sending it to Dolly’s management.
- “It was a pretty fantastic occasion, simply to have the opportunity to record a song with Dolly Parton,” Zach says.
- She has a way of making you feel like you’re the only one in the room, which is quite effective.
- The song “There Was Jesus” will be released in the first quarter of 2020.
- Dolly Parton’s website provided the content for this article.
Dolly Parton scores first Christian number 1 song with ‘There Was Jesus’ Zach Williams duet
10th of September, 14:45 UTC Dolly Parton has fulfilled yet another of her lifelong ambitions, as the 74-year-old icon has secured her first ever Christian number one single with “It’s a Wonderful Life.” With the stirring song ‘There Was Jesus,’ the country singer achieved her first number one hit on the Billboard Christian charts, becoming the first woman to do so. “Having a number one record at any time is a wonderful thing, but having a number one faith-based album during these tumultuous times is even better.” Dolly continued:
Read more:Dolly Parton and Michael Bublé have recorded a new Christmas song together
“I am humbled and grateful to have been a part of this amazing music. ” Dolly Parton and Zach Williams’ duet, ‘There Was Jesus,’ becomes Dolly Parton’s first Christian number one single. Zach Williams is shown here. Dolly Parton (photo courtesy of Getty Images) “It brings joy to my heart to know that we have made a difference in the lives of so many individuals.”
Read more:Dolly Parton announces ‘A Holly Dolly Christmas’ album for October 2020 release
‘There Was Jesus,’ a song by Dolly, was written in collaboration with Christian musician Zach Williams. Zach Williams and Dolly Parton are two of the most famous people in the world.
Picture:Getty “I don’t even know what to say about all of the number ones in all of the many disciplines of music,” the ‘9 to 5’ singer continued. Thank you to God, thank you to the fans, and thank you to everyone who has put in so much effort to make this happen.”
Read more:Dolly Parton records special video message to welcome guests back to Dollywood
On both the Christian Airplay and the Christian AC charts for the chart week ending September 12, ‘There Was Jesus’ was the most played song. Dolly’s 25 number one hits on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, two number one hits on the Country Airplay chart, two number one tracks on the Adult Contemporary chart, and two number one songs on the Billboard Hot 100 all-genre chart are all added to her impressive list of number one hits. Dolly has 25 number one hits on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, two number one hits on the Country Airplay chart, two number one tracks on the Adult Contemporary chart, and two number one songs on the all-gen
See more:Dolly Parton releases brand new lockdown-inspired song ‘When Life Is Good Again’ – watch it here
Dolly Parton and Zach Williams’ duet, ‘There Was Jesus,’ becomes Dolly Parton’s first Christian number one single. Picture:Getty Dolly achieved her first number one on the Dance/Mix Show Airplay chart with ‘Faith,’ a duet with Galantis and Mr. Probz, which peaked at number one last year. It comes as Smooth announced that Dolly would release her first-ever Christmas album, A Holly Dolly Christmas, on October 2, which will feature duets with various musicians, including Michael Bublé and Willie Nelson, on the same day.
Zach Williams, Dolly Parton – ‘There Was Jesus’ (Official Music Video)
When Zach Williams and Dolly Parton sang “There Was Jesus” at the 53rd Annual CMA Awards in November of this year, the globe was treated to a live broadcast of the magnificent duet between the two artists. Since that remarkable performance, the song has garnered tremendous momentum and has become as one of Williams’ most popular songs from his 2019 album, Rescue Story. “When I first heard ‘There Was Jesus,’ it was one of the finest songs I’d ever heard,” Dolly Parton says of the song, which she sings on.
- The singer says, “I adored Zach’s voice at the time, and I wanted to perform something more upbeat at the moment.” My feelings were that it was a Godsend, therefore I decided that yes, this would be my album, and I would sing with him on it!
- I believe it will be a benefit to the people who witness it.
- There Was Jesus, of course.
- Every time I attempted to stand, I failed miserably.
- When the life I had constructed came crumbling down around me, I was devastated.
- I couldn’t see it at the time, but I can see it clearly today.
In the midst of the waiting, in the midst of the searching In the midst of the mending and the hurtingLike a blessing hidden in the midst of the shattered pieces Every minute, every second, every second of every day Even when I wasn’t aware of it or couldn’t see it, I was aware of where I had been and where I was going.
Since I’m not perfect, I thank God every day for this man who is in desperate need of an extraordinary type of graceForgiveness at a cost that I couldn’t pay There was Jesus, of course.
Zach Williams composed the music, while Dolly Parton sang the song “There Was Jesus” (Official Music Video). 2020 Provident Label Group LLC, a part of Sony Music Entertainment, is the exclusive owner of the intellectual property.
Dolly Parton Earns First Christian No. 1 Song With Zach Williams Duet, ‘There Was Jesus’
In spite of the fact that she is 74 years old, Dolly Parton is still ticking things off her professional bucket list. With the poignant song “There Was Jesus,” the country queen just scored her first No. 1 success on the BillboardChristian charts. When it comes to the successful song, Parton says, “Having a No. 1 record at any time is a terrific thing, but having a No. 1 faith-based record during these wild times is even better.” Parton partnered with Christian musician Zach Williams on the song, which was recently featured on Billboard.
- It brings joy to my heart to know that we have made a difference in the lives of so many individuals.” The song “There Was Jesus” is at the top of both the Christian Airplay and Christian AC charts for the chart week ending September 12, according to Nielsen Music.
- 1 successes on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart to 25, two No.
- 1 tracks on the Adult Contemporary chart, and two No.
- 1 hits.
- Probz, Parton achieved her first No.
- “I don’t even know what to say about all of the No.
- “Thank you to God, thank you to the fans, and thank you to everyone who has put forth so much effort to make this happen.” The Top 20 Christian Country Songs of All Time:
Zach Williams and Dolly Parton Debut New ‘There Was Jesus’ Video
Zach Williams and Dolly Parton make their video debut for “There Was Jesus.” The date is April 24, 2020. DeWayne Hamby is a professional basketball player. The official music video for the Zach Williams and Dolly Parton duet “There Was Jesus” has been released. The song was written by Zach Williams and Dolly Parton. The song, which is taken from Williams’ second solo album “Rescue Story,” was published in October, and the two performed on the 2019 Country Music Association Awards to play it together, as well.
The song was also made available to Christian country radio stations.
Whilst making a surprise cameo at the 2019 Dove Awards, Williams explained how the duet came about: We finished recording the song and putting together the tape, and I remember coming to my producer and saying, “Dude, it’d be really awesome if we could get Dolly Parton on board.” “Yeah, good luck,” we both said with a smirk on our faces.
She had heard about it and had fallen in love with it and wanted to be a part of it.
So down-to-earth and humble in his demeanor.
Upon hearing the song for the first time, Parton said that it was one of the finest songs she’d ever heard: “I adored Zach’s voice, and at the time, I wanted to do something more uplifting.” My feelings were that it was a Godsend, therefore I decided that yes, this would be my album, and I would sing with him on it!
I believe it will be a benefit to the people who witness it.
I’m going to attempt to make more upbeat songs in the future, such as “God Only Knows” and “Faith in Me,” as well as the tune “There Was Jesus.” Not all religious music, but just songs that are kinder, more enjoyable, more uplifting, that make you feel good about yourself, that make you feel good about other people, that make you feel good about life, and I’m trying to, you know, spread a little light in the process of doing so.
Watch the official video, which was released today, in the player below:
Is ‘There Was Jesus’ Biblical?
In 2016, Christian rock performer Zach Williams went solo after previously performing with Zach WilliamsThe Reformation, Brothers of Grace, and Zach Williamsthe Brothers of Grace before forming his own band in 2016. He has four studio albums and two EPs to his credit, including.
- Rescue Story(2019)
- Electric Revival(2009)
- A Southern Offering(2011)
- Chain Breaker(EP, 2016)
- Chain Breaker(2016)
- Survivor: Live from Harding Prison(2018)
- Survivor: Live from Harding Prison(2019)
- Rescue Story(2019).
For There Was Jesus, he was awarded two Grammys and four GMA Dove Awards, the latter of which was given to him for Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song. Check out my reviews of To the Table, Chain Breaker, Fear is a Liar, and Old Church Choir, as well as other titles. Lyrics may be obtained on the website. Note: The song’s title is Zach Williams (featuring Dolly Parton) rather than Zach Williams (with Dolly Parton). Dolly Parton since Essential Music Publishing, which owns the majority of the rights to this song, has it registered in her name as such.
Before reading this review, take the time to learn more about the Berean Test and its evaluation criteria.
1. What message does the song communicate?
Williams reflects on his life prior to his conversion to Christianity. The presence of Christ, maybe pleading Williams to come to saving faith, was evident among Williams’ wicked way of life, which included walking through life on his own steam. After his conversion, Williams didn’t realize what he had done until much later. Williams is glad that Jesus was, is, and will continue to be present in his life. Score:10/10
2. How much of the lyrics line up with Scripture?
This song is based on the Bible. This suggests that Jesus was there with Williams over the course of his wayward conduct in lines 1-4. Before Paul’s conversion, the Son of God interceded on his behalf (Acts 9:4-5). He is also everywhere at the same time (1 Kings 8:27, Psalm 139:7-12, Proverbs 15:3, Jeremiah 23:23-24, Colossians 1:17, and Hebrews 4:13). As a result, it becomes plausible to believe that Christ was present with Williams prior to his conversion. Lines 1-4: This section essentially repeats the thoughts in Verse 1, lines 1-4, with the addition that Williams now recognizes in part how Christ’s Presence impacted his life (1 Corinthians 13:12).
- Line 1: Alludes to the hymn “Amazing Grace” by John Newton.
- As a matter of expediency, I shall just mention two individuals: Abraham and Paul.
- Grace is a key subject in Paul’s writings, notably in the book of Romans, and it appears throughout his works.
- Linguistics 3 and 4: Williams acknowledges his wickedness (Psalm 14:1-3, Psalm 53:1-3, Proverbs 21:16, Luke 15:11-24, Romans 3:10, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Ephesians 2:13, Colossians 2:13, and 1 Timothy 5:6) and expresses gratitude to Jesus for saving him.
- Lines 1-3: This section essentially repeats the themes presented in Verse 1, lines 1-4.
- (John 8:58, Colossians 1:13-17, and Hebrews 13:8).
God is with Williams, according to lines 5 and 6. (Deuteronomy 31:6-8, Joshua 1:5-9, Psalm 23:4, Psalm 46:1, Psalm 139:7-10, Isaiah 41:10, Jeremiah 23:23-24, Zephaniah 3:17, Matthew 6:25-34, Matthew 28:20, John 14:16-17, Hebrews 13:5, Romans 8:38-39, and Revelation 3:20). Score:10/10
3. How would an outsider interpret the song?
Unbelievers are given the impression that if Jesus was there for Williams, he will be there for them as well, thanks to this song. For those outside of Christianity, this might be easily misinterpreted since they believe God isn’t there because He has permitted them to suffer. In Chorus, Williams, on the other hand, responds to this critique. He is there in the midst of pain and sorrow. Score:10/10
4. What does this song glorify?
It is a praise to God that Williams expresses thankfulness to Jesus for being there for him when he screwed up his life and for being there for him now after he has come to religion. Score:10/10
There Was Jesus, by Zach Williams, is fantastic. A number of times in the book, it is said that Jesus was there when Williams was walking away from God, that Jesus was present after He became a Christian, and that Jesus will be with him once he becomes saved, pointing to His omnipresence and eternal life. These are a testimony to God’s glory. It should be quite simple for unbelievers to grasp this song, even if their hearts remain stuck on the mistaken notion that God abandoned them in the midst of their suffering.
As a result, I do not endorse it for use in corporate worship services.
There Was a Jesus (There Was a Jesus) (listen to the song) Zach Williams is the artist (Feat. Dolly Parton) Rescue Story is an album by the same name. Genre:Country Release Year:2019 Duration:3:44 Agree? Disagree? Don’t be afraid to speak up or to have a cow! Explain your position in a calm and courteous manner in the comments section below.