Christ is Coming Back to Earth, and Soon
By Steven J.Hogan 212 A Saturday Morning Post by Steven J.Hogan Jesus Christ is returning to the world — He is returning to our planet.Because it’s the truth, and it’s going to happen very soon – and He needs to, because it’s clear that this world is becoming a bigger and more sinful disaster by the day.And when Christ returns, everything will be transformed, and every individual on the face of the earth will be profoundly influenced by it.″They will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with tremendous power and great splendor,″ says the Bible.
Luke 21:27 is a passage from the Bible that says, ″If you want to be perfect, you must be perfect in all you do.″ What evidence do we have?Because God instructed us to do so – ″…in order that He may send Jesus, the Christ ordained for you, whom heaven must accept until the era of restoration of all things″ – (See Acts 3:20.) Jesus Christ, the Creator, the Son of God, and the Lord of lords, first appeared on the scene some 2000 years ago.He is the Son of God and the Lord of lords.When He was here, Jesus Himself informed us that He would be returning soon.″Behold, I will be arriving shortly.″ Do we know when Christ will return?
- 22:12 Do we know when Christ will return?
- Even though we do not know the precise moment of Jesus’ return, we will know the general time because God has revealed to us numerous distinct, visible indications and events that will take place before to His Son’s return to our world.
- ″When you see all of these things, understand that He is close by, just at the door,″ says the author.
As predicted by Jesus in Matthew 24:32-34, the Jewish people would miraculously return to their homeland and establish a country, which has already occurred.The prophet Ezekiel 36-37 and the gospel of Matthew 24:15-20 predict that most people will hear about, and some will experience, ″birth pangs″ occurring around the globe — earthquakes, wars, plagues, famines, and economic turmoil.The Antichrist, described in Matthew 24:4-8 and Revelation 6:1-8, would dominate the world for a brief period of time, forcing people to worship him and bear his mark, known as the ″mark of the beast.″ Matthew 24:4-8 and Revelation 6:1-8 provide further details.
- Both Christians and Jews shall be persecuted to a considerable extent throughout the world, according to Rev.
- In accordance with Matt.
- 24:9, 21-22*, the Jews will offer sacrifices in a freshly constructed temple in Jerusalem.
- Increasing lawlessness and wickedness will be seen, as is now obvious in every country, according to 2 Thess.
2:3-4.According to Matthew 24:12, the gospel of Jesus Christ will be spread in all of the globe.Jesus said in Matthew 24:14 that God has given us these signs so that we will be alerted, warned, and awakened to the fact that His Son is returning soon.And He does not want us to be caught off guard.What will will place when Jesus Christ returns to the earth?
- There will be five significant worldwide events that will take place: 1.
- The rapture is the first event that occurs when Christ returns, in which He immediately, forcefully, and tenderly removes all Christians from this planet to be with Himself.
- At that time, all Christians who have ever lived, both those on earth and those already in heaven, will be exalted, given brand-new, eternal bodies, and gathered to Christ in the presence of the whole universe.
- Matthew 24:30-31; 1 Corinthians 15:42-442 God’s vengeance will be poured out on this planet.
- This is certain.
- This is the Day of the Lord, a horrific moment when billions of people will be punished and killed, and they will be punished and killed rightfully, for their sins and rebellion against God.
- You do not want to be present when anything like this occurs!
- Revelation 8-9 and 16 are examples of this.
- It is predicted that the redemption and salvation of a sizable remnant of Jews will take place at the conclusion of Daniel’s 70th week, which will span a seven-year time span.
- Daniel 9:24, Romans 11:25-264, and other passages.
- The Antichrist and the devil will both be soundly vanquished at the end of time.
- 2 2 Thessalonians 2:8-9; Rev.
- The beginning of Christ’s rule on earth will be signaled.
- His illustrious reign will endure exactly 1000 years, during which time the world will be repopulated with new life.
- ″God is the King of all the earth…
- God is the ruler of all the nations,″ says the Bible (Psalm 47:7-8).
- Peace on earth will be declared by all, and there will be love, justice, and harmony on a scale that has never previously been experienced.
- What are your thoughts?
- What do you think will happen to you when Christ returns?
- Will you be saved by God’s grace and be raptured, or will you be left behind and suffer the wrath of the Almighty?
- When you put yourself in the hands of the living God, it’s a terrible experience (Heb.
10:31).The information God is providing you regarding His Son’s return to this planet is not something you want to ignore, discount, or forget.According to Jesus, when it comes to our destiny, ″Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away″ (Matt.
24:35).If you happen to be alive on earth at the time of Christ’s return, your life will be drastically altered in one way or another, for better or worse.Which way will the wind blow?Jesus Christ is the only one who can provide a solution to all your troubles.And sin is the most serious problem you have.
It is a rejection and disobedience of God.Being an idolater is not loving God, but rather adoring oneself and other things, rather than loving Him (Psalm 115:4-8, Col.3:5-6).
Jesus Christ came to this planet around 2000 years ago to deal with the problem of sin that we all have.He lived a faultless life and then died on the cross, being punished by His Father for the sins of the world and bearing the wrath that they merited for their actions.It is necessary to repent of your sins and believe that Christ died for your sins, was punished for your crimes, and paid the penalty you should have paid in order to be reconciled with God, to accept God’s grace and forgiveness, and to be admitted to paradise.″God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us,″ says the Bible.
(See Romans 5:8 for more information.) ″Christ likewise died for our sins once and for all, the righteous for the unjust, in order that He may reconcile us to God,″ the Bible says.The Bible says (1 Peter 3:18).According to John 3:16, ″For God so loved the world that He gave His only born Son, that whomever believes in Him will not perish, but shall have eternal life.″ John 3:16 is a biblical passage that teaches that God is love.It won’t be long until Christ returns to earth and brings about a complete transformation of society!The advent of the Lord will take place in a very short period of time and will not cause any delay.″ (Hebrews 10:37) Don’t let yourself get left behind!You will witness the Son of Man…
- when he descends from the clouds of heaven″ (Matt.
- ″When the Lord Himself comes down from heaven with a cry, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God, first and foremost will the dead in Christ rise.″ When that happens, we who are alive and yet living will be taken up with them in the clouds, where we will meet the Lord in the air, and we will be with the Lord forever.″ 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (New International Version) P.S.
- The return of Jesus Christ to this globe is the most significant issue on the planet, second only to the gospel of Jesus Christ, which explains how you might be forgiven of your sins and gain eternal life.
This is a topic about which I have written a lot of blog pieces.Here are a couple more that I would advise you to check out: Everything on this planet will change when Christ returns, as evidenced by the phrases ″Christ is coming again and He will come soon,″ ″Jesus Christ, Savior, Judge, Redeemer, and King,″ and ″Christ is coming again and He will come soon.″
Why, When and Where Will Christ Return to Earth
″And then there will be a sign from heaven, and then all of the nations of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with great power and glory,″ says the Bible.In the meantime, He will dispatch His angels with a loud sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other″ (Matthew 24:30–31, emphasis added).
1 Why Will Christ Return?
2 When and Where Will Jesus Christ Return?
Where Will Jesus Return?
The world is in urgent need of Christ’s return to save it. According to Scripture, however, there will be conflicting signals regarding when and where He will come. What really is the truth? Take a look at the article
3 Will There Be a Rapture?
Is there any evidence in the Bible that Jesus Christ’s devout followers would be raptured in secret? Learn more about what the Bible predicts will happen when Christ returns to the world in this in-depth study.
4 What Will the World Be Like After Christ Returns?
It is anticipated that the entire world would be relieved when Christ returns to earth to establish His Kingdom. Learn more about what will happen to the planet when He completes His restoration of all things and ushers in lasting peace. Get the most recent blog entries from Life, Hope, and Truth sent directly to your email! ×
Discern is published every two months and is available in digital and print versions. Choose your preferred format to start your subscription.
Subscriptions to the print edition are available in the United States, Canada, and Europe. ×
When will Jesus return to earth?
Throughout His teachings, Jesus stated that He will return one day, and that when He does, He will judge all the ills of this world and establish His perfect reign of justice and peace on earth.God, according to the Bible, ″has fixed a day when he will judge the world with justice via the man he has anointed″ (Acts 17:31).When is this going to happen?According to the Bible, God has not disclosed the precise hour to anybody, not even to the angels or to the Lord Jesus Christ himself.″No one, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father knows what day or hour it is,″ Jesus replied.″No one, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father knows″ (Mark 13:32).
(Incidentally, the phrase ″the Son″ plainly refers to Jesus, who is the only one who is God’s Son; see, for example, John 5:22).As you point out, some people have claimed to know the precise time of Jesus’ return despite the fact that this warning has been sent (although their predictions turned out to be wrong).Unfortunately, their failure frequently led to people dismissing the Bible’s teachings on Christ’s coming and denying its warning that this world would be judged at some point in the near future.We ignore these realities, however, at our risk, for the day will come when each and every one of us shall appear before God.Despite the fact that we do not know when Christ will return, the Bible does provide us with a number of indicators that He is on His way back.For example, Scripture states that He will come only once the Gospel has been preached across the entire world—and, thanks to modern methods of communication, it is possible that this day is becoming closer (see Matthew 24:14).
- Are you prepared for the next event?
- Become one of them right away by pledging your life to Jesus Christ without hesitation.
Jesus’ return – the Second Coming
According to Christian belief, Jesus Christ will return at some point in the future, and when this occurs, everyone will be informed of it.His reappearance is referred to as the Second Coming.It will be a remarkable and unparalleled event in history, in stark contrast to his first appearance in Bethlehem as a defenseless infant.There are hints in the Bible about what it could be like, but there is no indication as to when it will occur.In the days leading up to his crucifixion in Jerusalem 2,000 years ago, Jesus talked of his return to the earth.In the book of Matthew, Jesus tells his closest disciples that all nations will witness the Son of Man (Jesus) coming on the clouds of the sky, accompanied by tremendous power and glory.
In addition, He will dispatch his angels with a thunderous trumpet call, and they will collect his elect (believers in Christ)….’ ‘This same Jesus, who has been carried away from you into heaven, will come back in the same manner in which you have witnessed him ascend into heaven.’ The final hours of Jesus’ earthly life also provide a hint concerning the Second Coming.Christianity says that Jesus rose from the dead after his crucifixion and remained with his disciples for a further six weeks after his death.During that time period, he was seen by more than 500 individuals.When he arrived on the Mount of Olives, a slope overlooking Jerusalem, he led his people up to the top and was immediately carried up into heaven in front of them.The ascension of Jesus is the name given to this occurrence.Suddenly, two guys in white emerged out of nowhere, while the followers looked on in disbelief at what had just occurred.
- ″This same Jesus who has been taken from you into heaven will come back in the same manner in which you have witnessed him go into heaven,″ the book of Acts says they informed the followers.
- According to the Bible, during this time, Jesus is seated at the right hand of God in heaven, awaiting his return on the second day.
- Continue reading below.
- The early Christian church believed that Jesus would return soon to save them from the oppression of the Roman occupation, which they believed was imminent.
Jesus had warned his disciples that no one, other than God, could predict the exact moment of his return, but he also instructed them to make certain that they were always prepared in case it did.The early Christians gradually realized that it was not going to happen as quickly as they had anticipated.Christian scholars have examined passages of the Bible that talk about the future during the centuries that have followed to attempt to determine the conditions under which Jesus would return.
- They have concentrated their attention mostly on the last book of the Bible, Revelation, which was authored by one of Jesus’ closest supporters, John the Baptist.
- It is a description of a complicated, lyrical vision that John has received.
- It is densely packed with meaning and magnificent images, yet it is difficult to comprehend.
- It talks not only of the present, but also of the future – including a time when the existing heavens and earth will be destroyed and replaced by a new heaven and a new earth – as well as of the present and past.
- I am confident that he will wipe every tear from their eyes.
Because the old order of things has gone away, there will be no more death, sorrow, weeping, or suffering.As individuals have attempted to predict what will happen, a variety of hypotheses have been established.Others believe that all believers, even those who have died, will be immediately evacuated from the world and will join God in heaven, where they will be joined by all other Christians.Jesus will return at that time to retake control of the globe and reign for a thousand years, according to the Bible.According to some interpretations, the allusion to a period of 1,000 years refers to a period of just and peaceful world leadership by the Christian church, which will be followed by a horrific apocalypse involving evil.
- After then, Jesus will intervene to bring this period of terror to an end.
- There is a third school of thought that holds that the symbolic events described in Revelation do not foreshadow concrete occurrences.
- Instead, the return of Jesus will coincide with the end of human life on earth as we know it now and the beginning of an eternity of love, joy, and peace with God in the new heavens and new earth, which will occur simultaneously with the end of human life on earth as we know it now.
- There are several variants on these views, but the Bible instructs Christians not to get obsessed with these events and their timing, but rather to take comfort in the confidence that Jesus will return to make all things new.
- ‘He will wipe away every tear from their eyes,’ says the Bible, which is virtually its final words.
- Because the old order of things has gone away, there will be no more death, sorrow, weeping, or suffering.
The Second Coming of Christ
It is our belief that Christ will return a second time; Our Lord’s return from the heavenly realm will be personal, visible, and spectacular; it is a joyful hope for which we should keep vigilant and pray continuously.1 Before He builds His reign on earth, Jesus will return to gather His Church, an event known as the ″Rapture″ in the Christian community.At that point, the dead in Christ will be resurrected to life, and those who are alive will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air and be with Him for all ever.2 Those who have died in Christ will have their redeemed souls and spirits joined with a body that will be akin to Christ’s glorified body at the resurrection of the dead.Christians who are alive at the time of this catastrophe will not perish, but will be transformed into Christlike individuals.3 This anticipation serves as a source of inspiration for leading a holy life as well as a source of consolation.
4 No one knows what day or what time it will be when this will take place.Christian will be hauled before the judgment seat of Christ following the Rapture of the Church.5 On the basis of the task that they have completed, he will compensate them accordingly.6 This is not a judgment in which their salvation is determined, but rather a recompense for their effort on Christ’s behalf.7, the rapture will also mark the beginning of a period known as ″the great day of His anger,″ ″the great tribulation,″ and ″the time of Jacob’s distress,″ according to the Bible.8 Israel, as well as all nations, will be affected by this period of tremendous suffering.
- Its goal will be to prepare Israel for the coming of the Messiah.
- 7 The Messianic Kingdom will be established on earth once Jesus Christ returns to earth with the armies of heaven and the Church at the conclusion of the Tribulation period.
- 10 His Kingdom will continue a thousand years, according to the Bible.
- 11 The Antichrist will be tossed into the Lake of Fire during the Second Coming, and Satan will be imprisoned for a thousand years as a result of this event.
12 The nations and their leaders will be assessed on their deeds and actions.13 Israel will be returned to her country, and she will never be driven from it again.The strength and fairness of Christ’s dominion will be evident.
- 15 Because the curse that has been placed upon the world will be lifted, his dominion will be defined by material and spiritual benefits.
- 16 The Messianic reign will come to an end as a result of apostasy and revolt.
- The final war of ages will be won by God, and Satan will be cast into the lake of fire, where he will burn forever and ever.
- 18 All of those who have rejected God’s Word shall be raised to life again.
- 19 They will be judged by Christ and put into the lake of fire, which is the location where they will suffer ultimate and eternal punishment, according to the Bible.
20 Following this judgment, there will be a new heaven and a new earth, where justice will be the rule rather than the exception.A new Jerusalem will be built, as will the everlasting presence of God among all those who have been saved (Revelation 21).22 Acts 1:11; Titus 2:13; Revelation 1:7; Zechariah 14:4; Acts 1:11; Revelation 1:7 15:51–54; 1 Thessalonians 4:14–15 1 John 3:2–4 (NIV) 5 Matt.24:36; John 6:39; 1 John 2:28; 1 Thessalonians 4:18; 1 Thessalonians 4:18 Sixth, see Romans 14:10–12 and 2 Corinthians 5:10.3:9–15; 1 Corinthians 3:9–15; 8 Revelation 6:17, 7:14, and Jeremiah 30:7 are examples of such verses.
- 12:2–3; 14:1–3; Zechariah 12–3; 14:1–3 10 Revelation 19:7–9, 14; 1 Thessalonians 3:13; Zechariah 14:9; Revelation 19:15, 16; 1 Thessalonians 3:13; 1 Thessalonians 3:13; 1 Thessalonians 3:13; 1 Thessalonians 3:13; 1 Thessalonians 3:13; 1 Thessalonians 3:13; 1 Thessalonians 3:13; 1 Thessalon Rev 20:2, 4–6 (11th chapter) 12 Revelation 19:20; 20:1–3; 21:1–3; 22:1–3 16 Romans 8:19-21 17 Joel 3; Matthew 25 14 Amos 9:15; Ezekiel 34:28 15 Psalm 2:9; Isaiah 11:4 16 Joel 3:13; Matthew 25 Revelation 20:7–9 18 Revelation 20:10 19 Revelation 20:11 20 The Book of Revelation (20:11–13) 20 The Book of Revelation 20:14, 15; Mark 9:48; 2 Peter 3:13 Revelation 21:2, 3; 2:3–5; 21:2, 3; 2:3–5
Undeniable Biblical Proof Jesus Christ Will Return to Planet Earth Exactly 2,000 Years After the Year of His Death: What You Must Do To Be Ready! eBook: Ansley, Gabriel: Amazon.in: Kindle Store
Please, be honest with yourself: you’d be interested in knowing the exact day on which Jesus Christ would return to the planet Earth, wouldn’t you?Unfortunately, you’ve been told your entire life that it’s impossible to know what you don’t know.Throughout your life, you’ve heard the statement ″no one knows the day or the hour″ blasted into your ears repeatedly in an attempt to persuade you that God never revealed anything concerning the time of Christ’s coming.Well, wouldn’t you know it, you’ve been deceived your entire life!Gabe Ansley Erb will persuade you that God not only ″announced the end from the beginning″ (Isaiah 46:10), but that He also predicted the year of Christ’s death on the cross, as well as the year of Christ’s return to the earth.Gabriel Ansley Erb’s book is available now.
God also revealed the EXACT DAY (during a calendar year) of Christ’s crucifixion, the EXACT DAYS (during a calendar year) of his burial, the EXACT DAY (during a calendar year) of his resurrection, and the EXACT DAY (during a calendar year) on which he would send the Holy Spirit.If your church isn’t teaching you those things, I’m assuming it isn’t doing so.Friends, the days of being oblivious to God’s Word have come to an end!Jesus is on his way to meet you!It is past time to comprehend the ENTIRE prophetic reality of God’s Word!No more deception!
- There will be no more dishonesty!
- There will be no more pulling the wool over our eyes!
- Purchase this book today and set yourself free from Satan’s deceptions.
- You will not be disappointed!
What You Will Learn In The Book
- It provides proof for the presence of God
- Delivers God’s truth to all people, regardless of their religious affiliation
- Discovers God’s prophetic themes hidden beneath the surface of old Bible stories.
- It reveals the exact time when Christ’s coming will be just outside the door
- This book clarifies all of the biblical ambiguity around salvation.
- It reveals Satan’s last-day deceptions (demonological teachings) in the church
- The confidence in God and His Word is strengthened as a result of this experience.
What People Are Saying About the Book
I’ve just finished reading your book.Wow!This is the most wonderful thing I have ever read, and it is without a doubt really inspired by the Holy Spirit.It is the only thing more magnificent than the Bible itself.In the Old Testament, I had always seen vague types and shadows of future events, but the precision and accuracy that comes out when considering the ″minor″ details, and the fact that God has complete control over the situation in order to exert His Will, just gives God so much more glory than I could have ever imagined gives Him even more glory.Reading this book has reaffirmed my belief that He is in complete command of the situation.
It is much appreciated that you made it public.Chris is a good example of this.I strive to spread the word about your book as much as I can since it was a tremendous help to me in explaining that the books of the Bible are not merely fiction, but rather a declaration of God’s master plan.Thank you very much for your work.It is because of your book that I have become more interested in studying the Bible, and I am grateful to you for that.Wishing you the best of luck on your adventure!
- Brandon adverbial adverbial adverbial adverbial adverb I could write a novel about your book, about how grateful I am for it, about how grateful I am that this book has opened my eyes and heart to the truth.
- I could write a novel about your book, about how thankful I am for it, about how grateful I am that this book has opened my eyes and heart to the truth.
- What the Father’s Master Time Plan and The Prophetic Creation Week have accomplished is simply wonderful!
- Thank you very much, and thank you to God as well!
I’m madly in love with you!You saved my soul, and I will never be able to express my gratitude to you and the Lord enough.God’s Blessings on You.
- Krisztina is a woman who lives in Hungary.
Written in 2008, before Harold Camping’s 2011 fiasco, the Mayan’s 2012 flop, the tetrad blood moon 2014/15 void, the Shemitah 2016 sham, and so on, the book ″Undeniable Biblical Proof Jesus Christ Will Return to Planet Earth Exactly 2,000 Years After the Year of His Death″ is a must-read for anyone interested in religious prophecy.Why not pick up the book that’s been sitting here all along, which contains God’s revelations regarding the end of the world?
Not Forgotten: The Promised Return of Jesus
- As described in Revelation, Hebrews, the Gospels, and several other passages, ″the Second Coming″ refers to the return of Jesus Christ to the earth. When Jesus initially arrived on the planet, He was merely a little child. Following His earthly career, crucifixion, and resurrection, Jesus returned to Heaven ″in order to provide a space″ for His faithful disciples (John 14:3). He also promises His return (1 Corinthians 15:23), during which the first resurrection will take place, He will take His disciples to heaven with Him, and sin and Satan will be annihilated for all time. He will also bring His followers to heaven with Him. The expectation of the Second Coming is something to look forward to. It is a physical occurrence, a personal encounter, a visible experience, and a global occurrence all at the same time. Isn’t it wonderful to see the completion of the plan of salvation? As a result, let us discover more about this incomparably fantastic occasion: What it will be like when the Second Coming occurs
- When is the Second Coming going to take place?
- Prophecies regarding the Second Coming of Christ in the Bible
- Describes how the Second Coming of Jesus Christ is the ultimate hope of Adventists
- The role that the truth concerning the Second Coming played in the formation of the Adventist denomination
- How to prepare for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ
Belief 25: The Second Coming of Christ
Ultimately, the second coming of Christ is the church’s glad hope, as well as the great conclusion of the gospel message.When the Saviour comes, it will be literal, personal, visible, and all-encompassing.In the event of His return, the righteous dead will be raised from the grave, and they, along with the righteous alive, will be exalted and transported to heaven, while the wicked will perish.When combined with the current state of the world, the practically perfect fulfillment of most lines of prophecy points to the nearness of Christ’s return.No specific day or time has been given for the occurrence, and we are consequently urged to remain alert and prepared at all times.(Matt.
24; Mark 13; Luke 21; John 14:1-3; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Cor.15:51-54; 2 Thess.1:7-10; 2:8; 2 Tim.3:1-5; Titus 2:13; Heb.9:28; Rev.1:7; 14:14-20; 19:11-21.)
What Will the Second Coming Be Like?
- Exclusively the most educated are aware of the Second Coming, nor is it a reward only available to the wealthy. Unlike what many Christian communities traditionally thought, it is neither a metaphor or a symbol, nor is it occurring solely on a spiritual plane, as was previously believed. It is and will continue to be a literal occurrence as described in the Bible. The virtuous dead will rise from their graves and ascend to the cloud with Jesus.
- The righteous living will ascend to the clouds with Jesus and ″always be with the Lord″ (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 ESV).
- Jesus will descend on a cloud.
Adventists hold this belief to be true in its most basic form.Jesus will come on a cloud, and he will remain in the skies the entire time.He has made the decision not to step on the ground.The dead in Christ will rise with Him, and the living will shortly follow, as we are all ″caught up together″ in the air, as we have been since the beginning of time (1 Thessalonians 4:17).″When Christ, who is your life, comes, you will also appear with him in glory,″ says the Bible (Colossians 3:4, ESV).This is further confirmed by Acts 1:11, in which an angel addresses Jesus’ followers after they had witnessed His ascension, confirming the visible way of His return.
He will ″appear in the same manner that you witnessed Him ascend into heaven″ (ESV).
The purpose of Jesus’ coming is to reunite Himself with us.The Lord Jesus Christ announced to His followers in John 14 that He was ascending back to heaven, but that He would be preparing a place for us….if I go and make a place for you, I will return and bring you to myself, so that where I am, you may be as well″ (John 14:3 ESV).Our ascension to the skies with Jesus will not only be our last destination, but we will also be with Him for all of eternity.We are told in Philippians 3:20 that ″our citizenship is in heaven, and it is from there that we look forward to a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ″ (ESV).
Even if someone hasn’t made the decision to join Jesus yet, He is always ready for us to come to Him so that He might bring as many of His children as possible with Him to paradise.″Behold, I am standing at the door, knocking.″ In the event that someone hears my call and answers the door, I will enter inside his home to dine with him, as well as he with me″ (Revelation 3:20).
″Every eye shall see Him,″ according to Revelation 1:7.(ESV).The question of whether or not this is genuinely Jesus will no longer be a guessing game.We will be able to ″see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great splendor″ no matter where we are (Matthew 24:30, ESV).He promised the high priest before His crucifixion that ″from now on you will see the Son of Man enthroned at the right hand of Power, and descending on the clouds of heaven″ (Matthew 26:64 ESV).Jesus will be visible to everyone, including those who have wronged Him, those who have chosen to believe in Him, and those who have chosen not to believe in Him.
The Second Coming will not be something that anyone will be able to ignore!
We can see from the Bible that the Second Coming is not just a literal event, but also a worldwide phenomenon.As stated in the preceding section, ″every eye will see Him″—regardless of the time zone, continent, or other geographical location.It’s difficult to conceive something like this happening, yet with God, nothing is impossible.It is said, ″For just as lightning bursts across the sky, lighting up the entire sky from one side to the other, so will the Son of Man be on His day..″ (Luke 17:22, ESV).When Jesus comes, we will also be able to hear the trumpet sounds and victory shouts of the Angels who will follow Him on His triumphal entry.
No one knows “the Day or the Hour” of the Second Coming
Although Jesus stated unequivocally that He would return, He also stated that we would not be privy to the specifics of when He would do so since they were not ours to know.However, no one, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father, is aware of the day and hour in which it will occur (Matthew 24:36 ESV).Even the angels are unsure of the exact day on which Jesus will return.This is analogous to how Noah knew that the rain would come, but he didn’t know when it would start to pour.Earlier, God warned Noah that He would send a flood to wipe out corruption on the surface of the planet (Genesis 6).Noah was aware that rain was on the way, but he had no idea when it would begin.
No creature on the face of the earth will be able to predict when Christ will come, just as no creature on the face of the earth could predict the deluge of Genesis.Throughout His mission, Jesus attempted to prepare His disciples for both His departure (by the crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension) and His second return (second coming of Christ).Jesus utilized parables as lessons and examples to prepare them for what was to come.As a result of this, the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who went to meet the bridegroom with their lamps in hand (Matthew 25:1 ESV).According to the tale Jesus narrates, there are five wise virgins and five stupid virgins among the twelve virgins.All 10 of them have gathered to await the arrival of the bridegroom so that they might join the wedding feast.
- The wise carry extra oil for their lamps, whilst the dumb bring none whatsoever.
- Those who had forgotten to bring oil for their lamps had to run out and get some before the bridegroom arrived.
- It was during their absence that the bridegroom arrived.
- The wise virgins were allowed to attend the wedding reception.
When the five foolish virgins returned, they were unable to enter the building (v.1-12 ESV).″Watch therefore, for you do not know the day or the hour,″ Jesus concludes His warning by instructing them to ″keep watch″ (v.
- 13 ESV).
- It is not our responsibility to know when anything is going to happen since our duty is not to be concerned with ″when.″ In order to fulfill the Great Commission, we must keep our eyes fixed on Jesus and live as a living testimony, certain that Jesus will actually return to redeem us and put an end to sin and evil once for all.
- In response, Jesus said, ″Make certain that no one leads you wrong.
- Because many will come in my name, claiming to be the Christ, and they will lead many astray, I warn you (Matthew 24:4, 5 ESV).
- The events of the second coming are unknown to everyone save God the Father, who knows when they will take place.
This implies that anybody claiming to be knowledgeable is either incorrect or attempting to deceive others.
Bible Prophecies Proclaim Christ’s Second Coming
The book of Revelation in the Bible proclaims Jesus’ second coming in the first chapter.
The book of Revelation is written by the author, John, who describes his vision of Christ’s return. ″Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who wounded him, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of him,″ he declares (v. 7 ESV).
In Revelation 14, he recounts other images from his vision
In this vision, John saw the Lamb standing on Mount Zion with 144,000 other believers, a figure that represents the number of Christians who would stand with Jesus at the end of time on earth (v.1).This vision lasts until John sees Jesus riding on a white cloud above him.He descends to the world on a cloud, holding a sickle in His hand, and ″swung his sickle across the ground, and the earth was harvested″ (Hebrews 4:15).(v.16 ESV).
In vivid word pictures and poetry, the Bible tells of the triumphant coming of Christ in Revelation chapter 19.
″Then I saw heaven opening, and there before me was a white horse!″ exclaims John.The one who sits on it is known as Faithful and True, and he judges and wages war in the name of righteousness.″ (v.11) The heavens will open like a throng separating to make way for royalty, and Christ will ride into the sky on a white horse, triumphantly riding into battle.He brings with Him angelic troops, and He will fulfill His promise to redeem and judge the world.″His eyes are like flames of fire, and he wears several diadems on his head, and he has a name engraved on his chest that no one else knows but himself.″ (See also v.12).When Jesus looks into our hearts, we can’t conceal anything from Him since He has piercing eyes.
Because He is the King of Kings, He does not wear a single crown, but rather a number of them.His robe is stained with blood, and his name is ″The Word of God,″ which means ″God’s Word″ in Hebrew.(See also v.13).The triumph of Jesus is emblazoned on His robe.While some believe the blood on His robe depicts the blood of His adversaries, it is more probable that the blood signifies His triumph at Calvary, according to scholars.
- He was being pursued by the soldiers of heaven, who were dressed in exquisite linen that was white and spotless, and riding white horses.
- (See v.
- When Jesus returns, He will be accompanied by an army of celestial creatures who will also be riding white horses and wearing pristine, pure white garments when they arrive.
The sharp sword that comes from his lips will be used to bring the nations to their knees, and he will govern them with a rod of iron.″He shall tread the winepress of the wrath of God the Almighty,″ says the prophet.(v.15).
- Jesus’ victory over the nations is a result of the power of His words, which emanates through His lips.
- As foretold in Psalm 2, God will judge the world with His voice and a rod of iron.
- A shepherd would use a staff to guide his flock, but the rod will be constructed of iron to ensure that even the most defiant will bow to his authority.
- ″King of kings and Lord of lords″ is inscribed on his robe and on his thigh, and he is referred to as such (v.
As a result, the names King of kings and Lord of Lords are inscribed on Jesus’ robe as well as His thigh, so that it may be seen clearly from His vantage point on the white horse.
Symbolism in Revelation
It seems like there is a lot going on in Revelation, and most of it is depicted in symbolism since we don’t have a frame of reference for what is going to happen yet.Knowing that symbolism and prophecy are techniques of communicating the most crucial truth and hope for mankind, we may move forward with confidence.When it comes to the gospel, which is Jesus’ death on the cross and the promise of His Second Coming, it is a beacon of light in a dark world.Many people see the book of Revelation as cryptic and frightening, yet it is truly a narrative of hope and love.″The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God granted him to disclose to his servants the things that would shortly take place,″ we are informed in the first verse of the first chapter of Revelation.Revelation does not herald the end of the world; rather, it represents the culmination of the entire tale of human life as a whole.
It is the process of transitioning from death to life, from anguish to tranquility, etc.And throughout it all, the concept of Jesus and His compassion for people is there.
The Second Coming is the Hope of Adventists
To Seventh-day Adventists, the second coming is so vital that it is included into their name: the term Advent literally translates as ″arrival.″ Over 2000 years ago, Jesus was born as a baby in a manger and brought to earth.This is the first Advent, and it is for this reason why Christmas calendars are sometimes referred to as ″Advent Calendars.″ The second advent, often known as the second coming, is not only the hope of Adventists, but of all Christians worldwide.This gives us reason to be hopeful since Jesus has promised to come.After spending the previous night with His disciples, Jesus advised them, ″Do not let your hearts be worried.″ This was near the conclusion of Jesus’ earthly career.Believe in God, and believe in me as well.There are several rooms in my Father’s house.
Would I have informed you that I was going to arrange a home for you if that had not been the case?In addition, if I go and make a place for you, I will return and take you to myself, so that you may be where I am too.(John 14:2 in the English Standard Version.) The Bible makes a promise about Christ’s second appearance.It will be a victorious return of a king, as the saying goes.Adventists hold out the fortunate expectation that Christ’s return in the future will serve as the culmination to our tale on this planet.It is not the end of the world, but rather the beginning of the way life was supposed to be from the beginning.
- Because of Christ’s advent, our existence will be perfected and fully realized.
Christ’s Return as a Key Topic in Adventist History
The majority of churches had the belief that the second coming will be a spiritual or metaphorical occurrence before the Advent movement established a worldwide church.It’s probable that it wasn’t even brought up very much.Nevertheless, shortly after the Second Great Awakening occurred in the United States, a Baptist named William Miller resolved to devote more time to studying the Bible after returning home from battle.Miller discovered that Christ’s second coming must be a literal occurrence as a result of his study of Daniel and Revelation.This was a significant event.It altered the way Christians saw the present and the future after the Second World War.
As a result, Miller continued his research and shared his findings with others.Miller’s message, on the other hand, had one flaw: it was ambiguous.He also prophesied the precise day of Christ’s return, seemingly overlooking the caution of Matthew 24:36, which states that ″no one knows the day or the hour″ of this event, ″not even the angels in heaven,″ but that only the Father knows the exact date and time.Despite the fact that it became evident that Miller’s prognosis was erroneous, many individuals wanted to conduct more research to see where he went wrong.As more and more individuals came to understand new truths from Scripture regarding the Second Coming, the ″Advent Movement″ was born, which eventually led to the establishment of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in 1844.To an extent, Miller’s blunder contributed to the resurgence of personal and small group dedication among Christians.
- Many of the Seventh-day Adventist ideas were uncovered as a result of in-depth research conducted after this period.
- In addition, when Christians learned more about the Bible and God’s truth, they became more determined to obey the Word and to continue their studies of it.
How to Prepare for the Second Coming
- We must be ready for the bridegroom’s arrival, just as the 10 virgins in Jesus’ story were before him. We are all sinners in desperate need of His forgiveness. It is only by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ that we might be admitted to the ″wedding feast″ (heaven). This preparation is made possible by Jesus, and as long as we have a personal relationship with Him, we will be prepared for His return to earth. If we commit a minor blunder, we will not be disqualified from entering paradise. We won’t have to be concerned about the end of time. Despite our sinful nature, we may take comfort in the knowledge that we have a place in paradise. We are told in Scripture that ″all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God″ (Romans 3:23). That indicates that each and every one of us has sinned and is thus unworthy of heaven. As a result of the fall of mankind in the Garden of Eden, we have inherited a sinful heritage. We are freed from the consequences of sin because of the work of Jesus Christ. For this reason, Paul continues in Romans 3 by assuring us that we have been ″justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus″ (vs. 24, CSB). Additionally, the Bible states in Romans 6:23, ″For the price of sin is death, but the free gift of God is everlasting life in Christ Jesus our Lord. ″ (ESV). Jesus took on that death on our behalf, dying in our place and rising from the dead to return to heaven to minister on our behalf once more. We have been given the gift of everlasting life through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Preparing for that life is the same as preparing for His return. We must believe in Him in order to be prepared (John 3:16). We need to get to know Him. We must establish a connection with Jesus if we are to get to know Him and grow in our trust in Him. Pray on a daily basis–during the course of the day–to assist us in accomplishing our goal. Pray for the well-being of others. Pray together as a family. Pray in the name of Jesus, who will intercede for you in the presence of the Father.
- Make time to read your Bible. Read the Bible every day so that you can spend time reflecting on God’s Word. In your own prayer practice, make use of scriptures and Bible promises to help you. Make a note of scripture and make links between it and your current life and experiences.
- Pay attention to the sermons and lecturers. Listen to inspiring sermons and Bible lectures for free on the internet using free online platforms. Identify trustworthy mentors who can teach you deep Bible concepts.
- Attend services at the church. Locate a local church that is comprised primarily of Bible believers. Develop friendships with like-minded Christians who will encourage and support you in your spiritual journey.
- Keep your exposure to the outside world to a minimum. You are the only one who truly understands how secular actions and experiences effect you. Maintain vigilance and minimize your exposure to anything that can entice you or interfere with your connection with God.
Prayer and personal Bible study are highly vital in helping us to grow in our faith in Jesus and in our connection with Him.Bible study and prayer, guided by the Holy Spirit, are our most direct lines of communication with the Savior we’ve been waiting for.It is the most effective method of preparing for His imminent arrival.Walking this path alongside other believers is a critical component of the experience for many people.Yes, the world is in a state of turmoil.Political and social upheaval are on the horizon.
Sin has taken over the world.Around the world, people’s physical and mental health are deteriorating.Despite the fact that everything is working against us, we still have hope.But Jesus’ coming will bring this world to an end in the manner in which it was designed by the Creator.His reappearance will mark the beginning of the process of transforming this planet into the perfect world that it was always meant to be.The Advent movement got its start as a result of the expectation of Christ’s return.
- At this point, the Seventh-day Adventist Church places all of its trust in Christ, in His promises, and in the coming of the Lord.
Second Coming of Jesus Christ
The second coming is on the horizon.It is true that Jesus told His disciples that He will return one more time.″Do not let your heart be worried,″ the Bible states in John 14:1-3.There are many mansions in My Father’s home; if this were not the case, I would have informed you.I’m going to go set up a space for you.
- Moreover, if I depart to make a place for you, I will return to take you into Myself, so that where I am, you may be as well.″
Browse article contents:
- When is Jesus going to return? Why is Jesus taking such a long time to return to us?
- Is it possible that Jesus will return in secret?
- How should we use our time while we wait?
- What will be the method by which Jesus returns?
- Will the angels accompany Jesus on his return?
- What is the reason for Jesus’ return?
When is Jesus coming back?
Jesus will return in a short period of time.No one, however, is certain of the precise hour when Jesus will appear again.The Bible says in Mark 13:32, ″But no one knows when day or hour it will be; not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father knows.″ It’s interesting to note that the disciples asked Jesus the same question right before He ascended to the Father’s presence.At that point, Jesus informed them that it was not their responsibility to know the times or seasons that were under the jurisdiction of the Father.In other words, Jesus may return tomorrow, next month, next year, or in a century or more from now.
- As a result, what does this mean for you and me is unclear.
- Make sure you’re always prepared for the second coming of Jesus Christ.
- Keep an eye on Jesus and keep your attention on him because the devil is attempting to divert mankind’s attention away from the indications and the nearness of Jesus’ return.
- >> Get your free Bible prophecy guide by clicking on the following link: Signs of the Second Coming of Jesus
Why is Jesus taking so long to come back?
When Jesus returns, He will do it with patience, because He wants to give humanity the greatest amount of time possible to select and follow Him.Jesus desires that as many people as possible repent and follow Him to the heavenly kingdom.According to 2 Peter 3:8-9, ″However, dear, do not forget this one thing: that with the Lord, one day is equal to a thousand years, and a thousand years are equal to one day.″ When it comes to His promise, the Lord is not slack as some believe, but is patient with us, not wanting any to perish but wanting everyone to come to repentance.″ Additional materials can be found at: Topics related to the Bible Questions about the Bible Signs of the Second Coming of Jesus What is the meaning of the rapture?What are the seven deadly sins, and how can you avoid them?
Warnings about the second coming of Jesus?
There are a slew of confused non-biblical views concerning the second coming of Christ that are causing confusion among many believers.Will He merely present spiritually to a small number of people?Will Jesus’ second coming take place exclusively in specific geographical locations?Is it possible that Jesus will emerge in the desert?Deceptions will be perpetrated in the final days, according to Jesus.
- In fact, in Matthew 24:4-5, Jesus warns Christians not to be mislead by those who come in the name of Jesus and claim to be the Christ of the New Testament.
- As a result, the Bible is the sole source of information we can rely on for answers.
Will Jesus come back secretly?
Many people wonder how many people will see Jesus’ return when He comes.Christ’s second coming will be a dazzling display of color, sound, and splendor.This event will not be hidden; every person on the Earth will be able to see Jesus.He will return, both personally and metaphorically.″Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him,″ the Bible states in Revelation 1:7.
- There will not be a single person on the face of the globe who is oblivious of Jesus’ imminent coming.
- The way in which Jesus will appear is described by Him Himself.
- Specifically, the Bible predicts in Matthew 24:27 that Jesus’ coming would be like the brightness of lightning, lighting the entire sky from east to west.
- The return of Jesus is described in verses 30 and 31 of the same chapter as being accompanied by tremendous power and splendor, as well as the sound of a huge trumpet, which wakes the righteous dead, who are then collected from all corners of the globe.
- Learn more about Jesus’ return as a thief in the night in this video.
How should we live while we wait?
Christians should remain on high alert, keeping watch and praying until the coming of the Lord.″But take watch to yourselves, lest your hearts be burdened down with carousing, drunkenness, and the concerns of this life, and that Day come upon you suddenly,″ the Bible states in Luke 21:34-36.Because it will act as a trap for everyone who lives anywhere on the face of the entire planet.As a result, keep your eyes peeled and your prayers constant in order to be deemed worthy of escaping all of the events that will transpire and of standing before Jesus Christ.″
How will Jesus come back?
We know that Jesus’ second coming will be a literal occurrence, and that it will be exactly like the first time He departed to heaven.When He had finished speaking, while they were looking on, He was taken up into the clouds out of their sight, as recorded in Acts 1:9-11: ″Now when He had finished speaking these things, while they were looking on, He was taken up into a cloud out of their sight, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.″ And while He was ascending, two men in white robes approached them and said, ‘Men of Galilee, why are you standing here looking up into heaven?’ It will be exactly the same Jesus who was carried up from you into heaven who will return in the identical manner in which you witnessed Him ascend into heaven.″
Will the angels come back with Jesus?
Those who have died in Christ, according to the Bible, will be gathered from all across the world when the angels return with Jesus and the sound of the trumpet heralds their arrival. – (Matthew 16:27, 24:31, and 25:31)
What happens to the righteous at the second coming?
Righteous dead will be brought to life and transported to heaven with the righteous who are still living on the earth at the time of Jesus’ second coming, according to the Bible.’For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven with a mighty cry, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God,’ says 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17.And the first to rise will be those who have died in Christ.Afterwards, we who are alive and still living will be taken up with them in the clouds, where we will be with the Lord in the air.As a result, we will be with the Lord at all times.″
Are the wicked destroyed by Christ’s coming?
It is predicted that when Jesus returns to earth, the wicked who are still living would cry out for the rocks and mountains to fall on them because they will be unable to gaze at the face of the Savior (Revelation 6:15-17).As a result of their refusal to acknowledge God or embrace the message of the Lord Jesus Christ, the wicked shall be annihilated with eternal ruin (2 Thessalonians 1:7-10).
When will we get immortal bodies?
After being turned into eternal bodies at the moment of Jesus’ second coming, or at the sound of the final trump, the mortal bodies of the redeemed will be altered once more.According to 1 Corinthians 15:52-53, ″in a flash, in the blink of an eye, at the sound of the final trumpet.″ Because the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be resurrected incorruptible, and we will be changed as a result of that.Because this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality,″ says the author.
Why is Jesus coming back?
According to the Bible, Jesus will return to earth to reward the inhabitants of the planet and to take many of them back to heaven with Him (Revelation 22:12).″Then the King will say to them on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world,’″ according to Matthew 25:34.Jesus, above all else, longs to spend time with you and your family.He invites you to return with Him to paradise, where you will be able to spend an eternity free of tears, anguish, and suffering.What would prevent you from embracing Christ’s invitation to become a follower of his?
- So, what is it that prevents you from placing Him first in your life?
- What could be more significant than declaring, ″I want to model my life after Jesus, and I want to one day spend eternity with Him?″ The following is the link to the original article on Bibleinfo.com: The Second Coming of Jesus Christ
DALLAS JONES: The birth of Jesus Christ, the most important birth ever
It is impossible to imagine a birth into mortality that was accompanied by as many Heavenly announcements and miracles as the birth of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world.The manifestation of magnificent Stars, Angels, Heavenly Choirs, lights, and brilliant Glory.Most of the ancient prophets were shown visions or visited by angels, who announced the impending birth of the Savior on the earth at that time.For example, Isaiah may say: Approximately 750 years before the birth of the Savior, the prophet Isaiah began to preach to the people about the Savior’s impending birth.″For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon him shoulder; and his name shall be Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace,″ according to one of his most famous prophecies.
- (According to the Bible, Isaiah 9:6) The words of another ancient prophet: ″And it came to pass that I saw the heavens open; and an angel came down and stood before me; and he said unto me: Nephi, what beholdest thou?″ This was 600 years before the birth of the Savior.
- And I addressed him as follows: ″A virgin, the most lovely and fairest of all virgins…
- In that case, Jesus said, ″Behold, the virgin whom thou seest is the mother of the Son of God, according to the way of the flesh…″ ″Behold the Lamb of God, even the Son of the Eternal Father!″ says the narrator.
- In the Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi 11:14-21 describes a man who has a vision.
- Signs and symbols during the birth of Jesus Christ Angels proclaim the birth of Jesus Christ: ″And there were shepherds in the same country who were camped out in the field at night, keeping an eye on their flock.″ And, lo, the angel of the Lord descended upon them, and the glory of the Lord shined around them, and they were terrified to their hearts’ content.
- They were comforted by the angel, who told them: ″Fear not; for, see, I bring you good news of great joy, which will be to all humanity.″ Because on this day in the city of David, a Saviour has been born to you, and his name is Christ the Lord.″ (According to the Bible, Luke 2: 9-11) God is being praised by a heavenly choir: On the other side of the throne stood a great throng of angels, praising God and exclaiming, ″Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace, good will toward mankind.″ (According to the Bible, Luke 2: 13-14) A brilliant star in the night sky: A group of wise men from the east inquired, ″Where is he who has been born King of the Jews?″ as a result of which we have noticed his star in the east and have gone to adore him.″ (According to Matthew 2: 2 in the Bible) ″On the American Continent, it had been predicted that a day and a night and another day without darkness would be a symbol of the Savior’s birth in the Holy Land.
- ″And it came to be that there was no darkness in all that night, but it was as bright as if it were mid-day.″ In the end, it turned out that the sun rose in the morning once more in the correct position, as it should have; and they realized that it was the day that the Lord would be born because of the sign that had been provided.″ (3 Nephi 1: 19 in the Book of Mormon, on page 408; 3 Nephi 1: 19 in the Bible) After all, who was Jesus Christ before He arrived on the planet to be born into mortal flesh?
- In accordance with the will of our heavenly Father He created the Earth, saying, ″It was the same with God in the beginning.″ Every item that was made was made by him, and there was nothing that was made that wasn’t made by him.″ God, who spoke to the fathers via the prophets at various times and in various ways in the past, has now spoken to us through his Son, whom he has named heir of all things, and through whom he also created the worlds, according to the Bible (John 1: 2-3).
- (See the Bible’s Hebrews 1:1-2 for further information.) It is said that Jesus Christ came to His followers on the American Continent at some point after His Resurrection and announced, ″Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God.″ I am the one who created the heavens and the earth, as well as all that exists in them.
I have been with the Father since the beginning of time.″I am in the Father, and the Father is in me, and the Father has glorified his name in me.″ ″I am in the Father, and the Father is in me.″ (3 Nephi 9: 15 in the Book of Mormon, on page 425).What are the promises that the Savior makes to us if we follow Him and observe His commandments?
The Lord says, ″Because I am kind and generous to those who fear me, and I d