What will happen when Jesus returns / comes back?
The second coming of Christ is mentioned several times in the Bible, with approximately 1,500 passages in the Old Testament and one out of every twenty-five phrases in the New Testament alluding to the Messiah’s second coming. The vast amount of material devoted to this momentous occasion serves to emphasize what God says in Amos 3:7: “Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets.” In short, the return of Christ ushers in what is referred to as the kingdom of God in Scripture—absolute God’s rule over all of creation, including humankind—and is the culmination of God’s plan revealed through the prophets.
As a result, Jesus ushers in two separate judgements, two different resurrections, and two different eternities in order to achieve this goal.
We refer to this as the Battle of Armageddon because it will bring together all of the nations to fight against Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:2).
“On that day, there will be neither sunlight nor cold, icy night.
- It will be bright when the evening approaches,” says the Bible (verses 6–7).
- Jesus will establish His kingdom on earth, and “the Lord will reign as king over the entire globe” (Zechariah 14:9).
- This is referred to as the “judgment of the sheep and the goats” or the “judgment of the nations” (Matthew 25:31–46), and it represents the culmination of Jesus’ ministry.
- In this judgment, those who are determined to have committed a crime are condemned and sent to “the everlasting fire reserved for the devil and his angels” (Matthew 25:41).
- At this time, there will also be a resurrection of all believers in God, according to the book of Revelation (Revelation 20:4–6).
- Once Satan has been unleashed, there will be a last fight that will be quickly won by Christ (Revelation 20:7–9).
- Satan is subsequently doomed for all time to the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11).
People who do not believe in Jesus will be resurrected and judged in what is referred to as the great white throne judgment; they will be sent to the lake of fire based on their deeds (Revelation 20:11–15).
According to Malachi, this fact is encapsulated in two verses: “Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a fire.” All of the haughty and all of the evildoers will be stubble, and the day that is coming will set them ablaze.
In contrast, the sun of righteousness will rise in your honor with healing in its rays, because you revere my name.
What will take place when Jesus returns?
How you react to Jesus’ return will be determined by your relationship with Him.
The distinction is made by one’s faith in Christ. “However, when the Son of Man arrives, how many believers will he find on the face of the earth?” What will happen when Jesus returns / comes back? (Luke 18:8, New Living Translation).Back to:Questions regarding the End Times
Subscribe to the
Get our Question of the Week emailed to your inbox every weekday morning! Got Questions Ministries is a trademark of Got Questions Ministries, Inc., registered in the state of California in the year 2002. All intellectual property rights are retained. Policy Regarding Personal Information The information on this page was last updated on January 4, 2022.
Second Coming of Jesus Christ
The second coming is on the horizon. It is true that Jesus told His disciples that He will return one more time. “Do not let your heart be worried,” the Bible states in John 14:1-3. There are many mansions in My Father’s home; if this were not the case, I would have informed you. I’m going to go set up a space for you. Moreover, if I depart to make a place for you, I will return to take you into Myself, so that where I am, you may be as well.”
Browse article contents:
- When is Jesus going to return? What is causing Jesus to take such a long time to return? Is it possible that Jesus will return in secret? What should we do with our time while we wait
- What will be the method through which Jesus returns
- Will the angels accompany Jesus on his return? What is the reason for Jesus’ return?
When is Jesus coming back?
Jesus will return in a short period of time. No one, however, is certain of the precise hour when Jesus will appear again. The Bible says in Mark 13:32, “But no one knows when day or hour it will be; not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father knows.” It’s interesting to note that the disciples asked Jesus the same question right before He ascended to the Father’s presence. At that point, Jesus informed them that it was not their responsibility to know the times or seasons that were under the jurisdiction of the Father.
As a result, what does this mean for you and me is unclear.
Keep an eye on Jesus and keep your attention on him because the devil is attempting to divert mankind’s attention away from the indications and the nearness of Jesus’ return.
Why is Jesus taking so long to come back?
When Jesus returns, He will do it with patience, because He wants to give humanity the greatest amount of time possible to select and follow Him. Jesus desires that as many people as possible repent and follow Him to the heavenly kingdom. According to 2 Peter 3:8-9, “However, dear, do not forget this one thing: that with the Lord, one day is equal to a thousand years, and a thousand years are equal to one day.” When it comes to His promise, the Lord is not slack as some believe, but is patient with us, not wanting any to perish but wanting everyone to come to repentance.” Additional materials can be found at: Topics related to the Bible Questions about the Bible Signs of the Second Coming of Jesus What is the meaning of the rapture?
What are the seven deadly sins, and how can you avoid them?
Warnings about the second coming of Jesus?
There are a slew of confused non-biblical views concerning the second coming of Christ that are causing confusion among many believers. Will He merely present spiritually to a small number of people? Will Jesus’ second coming take place exclusively in specific geographical locations? Is it possible that Jesus will emerge in the desert? Deceptions will be perpetrated in the final days, according to Jesus.
In fact, in Matthew 24:4-5, Jesus warns Christians not to be mislead by those who come in the name of Jesus and claim to be the Christ of the New Testament. As a result, the Bible is the sole source of information we can rely on for answers.
Will Jesus come back secretly?
Many people wonder how many people will see Jesus’ return when He comes. Christ’s second coming will be a dazzling display of color, sound, and splendor. This event will not be hidden; every person on the Earth will be able to see Jesus. He will return, both personally and metaphorically. “Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him,” the Bible states in Revelation 1:7. There will not be a single person on the face of the globe who is oblivious of Jesus’ imminent coming. The way in which Jesus will appear is described by Him Himself.
The return of Jesus is described in verses 30 and 31 of the same chapter as being accompanied by tremendous power and splendor, as well as the sound of a huge trumpet, which wakes the righteous dead, who are then collected from all corners of the globe.
How should we live while we wait?
Christians should remain on high alert, keeping watch and praying until the coming of the Lord. “But take watch to yourselves, lest your hearts be burdened down with carousing, drunkenness, and the concerns of this life, and that Day come upon you suddenly,” the Bible states in Luke 21:34-36. Because it will act as a trap for everyone who lives anywhere on the face of the entire planet. As a result, keep your eyes peeled and your prayers constant in order to be deemed worthy of escaping all of the events that will transpire and of standing before Jesus Christ.”
How will Jesus come back?
We know that Jesus’ second coming will be a literal occurrence, and that it will be exactly like the first time He departed to heaven. When He had finished speaking, while they were looking on, He was taken up into the clouds out of their sight, as recorded in Acts 1:9-11: “Now when He had finished speaking these things, while they were looking on, He was taken up into a cloud out of their sight, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.” And while He was ascending, two men in white robes approached them and said, ‘Men of Galilee, why are you standing here looking up into heaven?’ It will be exactly the same Jesus who was carried up from you into heaven who will return in the identical manner in which you witnessed Him ascend into heaven.”
Will the angels come back with Jesus?
Those who have died in Christ, according to the Bible, will be gathered from all across the world when the angels return with Jesus and the sound of the trumpet heralds their arrival. – (Matthew 16:27, 24:31, and 25:31)
What happens to the righteous at the second coming?
Righteous dead will be brought to life and transported to heaven with the righteous who are still living on the earth at the time of Jesus’ second coming, according to the Bible. ‘For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven with a mighty cry, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God,’ says 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17.
And the first to rise will be those who have died in Christ. Afterwards, we who are alive and still living will be taken up with them in the clouds, where we will be with the Lord in the air. As a result, we will be with the Lord at all times.”
Are the wicked destroyed by Christ’s coming?
It is predicted that when Jesus returns to earth, the wicked who are still living would cry out for the rocks and mountains to fall on them because they will be unable to gaze at the face of the Savior (Revelation 6:15-17). As a result of their refusal to acknowledge God or embrace the message of the Lord Jesus Christ, the wicked shall be annihilated with eternal ruin (2 Thessalonians 1:7-10).
When will we get immortal bodies?
After being turned into eternal bodies at the moment of Jesus’ second coming, or at the sound of the final trump, the mortal bodies of the redeemed will be altered once more. According to 1 Corinthians 15:52-53, “in a flash, in the blink of an eye, at the sound of the final trumpet.” Because the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be resurrected incorruptible, and we will be changed as a result of that. Because this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality,” says the author.
Why is Jesus coming back?
According to the Bible, Jesus will return to earth to reward the inhabitants of the planet and to take many of them back to heaven with Him (Revelation 22:12). “Then the King will say to them on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world,'” according to Matthew 25:34. Jesus, above all else, longs to spend time with you and your family. He invites you to return with Him to paradise, where you will be able to spend an eternity free of tears, anguish, and suffering.
So, what is it that prevents you from placing Him first in your life?
5 Things The Bible Says About Jesus’ Return
When it comes to the end of the world and Jesus’ second coming, there appears to be considerable skepticism and ambiguity regarding what to expect when Jesus returns. Despite the fact that we will never fully understand God’s plan for the end times, He has made promises to us in His written Word regarding what will happen at that time. According to Billy Graham, the end “shall occur with the coming of Jesus Christ. It is for this reason that a Christian can be an optimist. That is why a Christian may have a positive attitude despite all that is going on.
Don’t trust anybody who tells you, “There He is, out in the wilderness,” or “Here He is, in the inner chambers,” or “There He is, in the inner rooms,” or “There He is,” or “There He is.” Because, just as lightning that comes from the east is seen even in the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be apparent even in the east.
- And there will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity due to the roaring of the sea and the waves, and people will faint with fear and foreboding of what is about to befall the world.
- And then they will see the Son of Man appearing in a cloud, surrounded by tremendous power and glory.
- Luke 21:25-28 (KJV) (ESV) However, no one, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father, is aware of what day or hour it will be.
- Matthew 25:13 (NIV) As a result, Christ will visit a second time, this time not to deal with sin, but to save those who are anxiously awaiting His return.
9:28 (Hebrews) (ESV) Bonus Because of Him, every eye will behold Him, including those who wounded Him, and every tribe on the face of the planet will howl in anguish because He has come. Even so, it’s a good thing. Amen. Revelation 1:7 (New International Version) (ESV)
16 Bible Verses about the Second coming
- As a result, you must be prepared as well, for the Son of Man will arrive at an unexpected hour. Moreover, let us consider how we can spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not by abandoning our regular gatherings, as some are prone to do, but by encouraging one another—all the more as the Day draws near. “Yes, I will be here shortly,” replies the witness who has testified to these events. Amen. Come, Lord Jesus, and be glorified. For this reason, remain vigil because you never know when your Lord will appear
- After all, I am on my way! My recompense is with me, and I will distribute it to each individual in accordance with their deeds
- The end of all things is approaching. You must thus be awake and composed in order to pray, since I will arrive at any moment. Continue to hold on to what you have so that no one can usurp your position
- “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” declares the Lord God, “who is, and has been, and will be for ever and ever, the Almighty.” They were staring intently up into the sky as he passed them when two men clad in white appeared beside them and took their places beside them. “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why are you standing here staring up at the sky? ” “Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him,” and “all peoples on earth will mourn because of him.” This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will return in the same manner in which you have witnessed him ascend into heaven.” That is exactly what will happen! Amen
- And now, dear children, continue to trust in him so that when he appears, we will be confident and unafraid to stand before him at his arrival
- And Watch out for fake prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothes, but within they are fierce wolves
- But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day
- Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus
- And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption
- So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out
- Or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man
Bible verse of the day
Brokenness and contrition are my offerings to you, O God; a broken and contrite heart will not be rejected by you.
Random Bible Verse
As a result, go and make disciples of all countries, baptizing them in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and instructing them to follow everything I have instructed you to do in the first place. And without a doubt, I will be with you constantly, right up to the end of time. Next verse, please! With the help of imageAccept Cookies are used on this website.
7 Facts About the Second Coming of Jesus
Consequently, go into all the world and make disciples of all people, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and instructing them to follow everything I have instructed you to do. Without a doubt, I will be at your side till the end of days. The next verse is coming up soon. imageAccept is used in conjunction with Several cookies are used on this site.
What Is the Second Coming of Jesus?
When Jesus was originally taken up into the skies in a cloud, an angel approached those observing and said, “Why are you standing there staring up into the sky?” It will be in the same way that you have witnessed Him ascend into heaven that this Jesus, who has been taken up from you, will return to earth” (Acts 1:2-11, NAS). In Revelation 19:11-16, the apostle John describes what Jesus called him to observe and record on his behalf. This includes the Lord’s huge and awful Day of Judgment. In the year 2020, believers will be looking to the sky and waiting with bated breath for our Lord’s second arrival.
A day will come when the skies will open and King Jesus will be accompanied by a great crowd as He makes His second appearance on earth.
Here are seven topics you should be aware of about the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
1. Jesus’ Warnings and Promises of the Second Coming
In Revelation 1-3, Jesus Christ reveals His cautions, reprimands, and promises to Christians who overcome—both in the first century churches and today.
- Successful people will eat from the tree of life in God’s Paradise
- Successful people will not be harmed by the second death. Overcomers will get a secret manna, a white stone with a new name, as well as a reward. In the same way that Jesus leads with a rod of iron, overcomers will be given power over the nations, and they will be given the morning star. They will be dressed in white robes, and their names will not be deleted from the book of life, and Jesus will confess their names in the presence of the Father and His angels. Overcomers will be made into pillars in the temple of the Lord God, and their names, as well as the names of God’s city and Jesus’ new name, will be inscribed on them. Overcomers will be seated alongside Jesus on His throne.
The angel commanded John to write down everything he had seen, everything that is currently happening, and everything that will occur after these events had occurred. He who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and who pay attention to the things that are written in it, are blessed; for the time is drawing close” (Revelation 1:3, NAS).
2. What Comes First? – Apostasis
From Revelation 4 through 22, Jesus demonstrates to John what would take happen following these events, precisely as He promised in John 13:19. Overcomers, believers, and the church are tasked with spreading the gospel word until God tells His Son, “Go fetch my children,” that the message has been delivered. In any case, do not be deceived, for that Day will not come unless and until there is a falling away and the man of sin is exposed to be the son of perdition (2 Thessalonians 2:3, NKJV). Two incidents immediately come to mind: the falling away and the appearance of the man of sin.
The following term accurately defines the son of perdition.
In an attempt to figure out who this man of lawlessness may be, Christians have consulted their magnifying glasses for hundreds of years.
Those who study the Scriptures will be able to identify him by his conduct. Many churches have abandoned elements of God’s Word that they have chosen to overlook in their congregations. At the time of writing this piece, several churches were considering abandoning the Old Testament.
3. The Seven Seals as Judgments
When attempting to construct a prophetic chronology, the rule of thumb is to begin with events that are specifically mentioned in the Bible. It is in the sixth chapter of Revelation that John is taken before the Throne of God, where Jesus is carrying a book that has been sealed. The first of seven sealed judgements on the planet is broken by Jesus, and while we know the events are sequential, we don’t know how long it will take for the other judgments to be broken. Each of the first four is referred to as a “Horseman,” and they are tasked with carrying out distinct judgements and destructions on different regions of the world.
- The second goes out into the world to remove peace from it.
- Some preachers believe this to be true.
- It is possible that the breakdown of leadership and starvation would lead to a worldwide financial and political disaster, and that a global government will become a reality.
- All of these occurrences herald the beginning of Daniel’s 70th week.
- In the final three seals, further devastating judgements and scenes are heralded, culminating in events that the Bible predicts must take place prior to the Second Coming of Christ.
- The sky breaks open like a scroll, and men flee from the wrath of the Lamb.
- No, there’s still a lot more to learn about.
4. Two Witnesses Proclaim the Gospel
“As for my two witnesses, I will give them power, and they will prophesy for twelve hundred and sixty days while dressed in sackcloth. And if anybody attempts to hurt them, fire erupts from their mouths and devours their adversaries; thus, if anyone attempts to harm them, he must be slain in this manner” (Revelation 11:3,5, NAS). There is a lot of debate about who these witnesses are, but the prophet Elijah is frequently mentioned as one of them. Consider this: we are the first generation in which technology may allow this event to be witnessed in real time, all across the world, from the comfort of your own home.
- No one has been able to hurt these two witnesses during their three and a half-year mission to proclaim the truth of the gospel to the world.
- Between the sixth and seventh trumpets, this Anti-Christ will assassinate these two witnesses, according to the Bible.
- Then God will say something like, “Come up here.” And they will be carried up into heaven in a cloud.
- The remainder of the group was afraid and expressed thanks to God.
- In the meanwhile, the globe is ruled by ten kings.
I am sending you Elijah the prophet before the advent of the great and terrible day of the Lord, so keep your eyes peeled.” So that I do not come and smite the country with a curse, he will return the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of their children to their dads (Malachi 4:5-6NAS).
5. The Trumpet Judgments
“For almost half an hour after the Lamb burst the seventh seal, there was complete quiet in heaven. And I saw the seven angels who were standing before God, and they each had a trumpet in their hands. Incense was given to him so that he could add it to the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar that sat before the throne.” “Another angel appeared and took his place at the altar, holding up a golden censer, and much incense was given to him so that he could add it to the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar” In Revelation 8:1-3, the NAS says: It’s a really encouraging message for believers.
- Through the ages, King David has proved that God hears and preserves our prayers and tears.
- The unfolding of the trumpet judgements reveals still another important event that must take place before the second coming of Jesus Christ: hail, fire, and smoke mingled with blood will be hurled from heaven to the ground during the course of these judgments.
- The severity of each trumpet judgment intensifies with each passing day.
- A sea shift occurs in the environment, as well as in the attitudes of men and women who manage to live between the sixth and seventh trumpet judgements.
- He enters the Jewish Temple, announces himself to be God, breaches the bond with Israel, and declares war on the Jewish people.
- And the false prophet of Anti-Christ establishes a cashless society in which you must have a mark placed on your hand or on your forehead in order to be able to purchase or trade.
- Those who do not repent will spend all eternity with Satan in the Lake of Fire.
6. God Doesn’t Forget His People
The apostle Paul cries in the eleventh chapter of Romans, “God has not rejected His people, has He?” Then he responds to his own question. “May it never come to that.” That will not be the case. No, not just now. Neither now nor in the future. Believers today could be able to clear up some of the reader misunderstanding surrounding the Book of Revelation if they were aware of which predictions pertain to Israel and which prophecies refer to the church in the first century. The covenant between God and Israel is unbreakable.
- God is not deceitful.
- God will provide a spot in the desert for the remainder of the Jewish people, and they will be cloistered in safety there for three and a half years, during which time they will come to understand that Jesus is their Messiah and King, according to the Scriptures.
- Furthermore, Chapter 16 of Revelation informs us of these last, horrifying judgements.
- However, according to the Word, those who were still living did not repent of their actions when each bowl was emptied out.
I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, lest you think you are wise in your own estimation, that a partial hardening of Israel has taken place until the fulness of Gentiles has come in; and thus, all Israel will be saved, just as it is written, ‘The Deliverer will come from Zion, He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.'” And this is My covenant with them, which I make when I forgive their sins” (Romans 11:25-27, NAS).
7. The King Is Coming
In the face of this harrowing picture, islands and mountains have vanished into thin air. Satan and his two beasts have enticed the armies of the world to three combat scenes, one of which is in Babylon, where Satan’s troops, encouraged by God, demolish Babylon. The other two fight scenes are in Israel and the Middle East. Then the ancient devil and his army enter Jerusalem, plundering the city and violating and murdering the inhabitants of the city. After savoring victory, he and his forces retreat into the desert, probably on their route to Petra, where many think that God is hiding the last of His people from destruction.
- When He speaks, He will draw out a sharp sword with which to smite the nations and rule over them with an iron rod.
- My brother’s life on this planet came to an end just a few days ago.
- My heart is shattered.
- In order to communicate the reality of God’s love and grace with others, Jesus gave you and me the commandment to do so in the name of the blood and pain He experienced on the cross—for those who believe and trust in His birth, death, and resurrection.
- Will you and your family members be among those who see the first resurrection?
- For a distance of two hundred miles, the wine press was stomped outside the city, and blood poured out of the wine press, up to the horses’ bridles, and onto the surrounding fields (Revelation 14:20, NAS).
- She writes fiction for children and young adults, as well as non-fiction for adults, on her blogs.
- ‘ROPED,’ the first book in DiAne’s western adventure series, was published in July of 2015.
‘TWISTED’ is the second book in the series, and it was published by Pelican Book Group on July 14, 2017. Her current work in progress is the third book in the series, UNTIED. DiAne may be found on the social networking site Facebook.
23 Bible verses about Second Coming Of Christ
Verses in the Bible page”>1 Thessalonians 5:23 The God of peace Himself may now completely and completely purify you, and may your spirit, soul, and body be kept completely and without fault at the advent of our Lord Jesus Christ. James 5:7 verse page”>James 5:7 verse page As a result, brothers and sisters, please be patient until the Lord returns. The farmer patiently awaits the valuable harvest of the earth, which will come only when it receives the early and late rains. 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3 is a verse from the Bible that you may use as a tool.
- Because you are well aware that the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a robber in the night.
- Acts 1:9-11″>Verse page”>Acts 1:9-11 And after He had spoken these things, He was raised up while they were gazing on, and He was taken away by a cloud and out of sight.
- “Men of Galilee, why are you standing here staring up into the sky?” they inquired.
- Verse page”>Philippians 4:5 (ToolsVerse page) Allow all guys to be aware of your nice disposition.
- Revelation 22:12 is found on the Verse page.
- That is how things will turn out.
- Matthew 24:42″>Verse page”>Matthew 24:42 “Therefore, be on the lookout because you do not know when your Lord will appear.
“There will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars, and on the earth there will be dismay among nations, in bewilderment at the roaring of the sea and the waves, and there will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars.” Verse page”>Philippians 3:20″>Philippians 3:20 Because our citizenship is in heaven, where we are also anxiously awaiting the arrival of our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; The glad hope and the coming of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, are anticipated in Titus 2:13, according to the Greek text.
Verse page”>John 14:3 is a tool.
ToolsMatthew 26:64 verse page”>Matthew 26:64 “You have spoken it yourself,” Jesus told him, “but I assure you that you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven” in the future.
ToolsMatthew 25:31 verse page”>Matthew 25:31 ‘However, when the Son of Man arrives in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His magnificent throne,’ says the prophet.
Mark 8:38″>Verse page”>Mark 8:38 Anyone who disapproves of Me and My teachings in this adulterous and wicked time will likewise disapprove of him when the Son of Man appears before Him in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”
From Thematic Bible
2 Peter 3:4and asking, “Where has the promise of His coming been fulfilled?” Since the fathers fell slumber, everything has continued just as it did from the beginning of creation.”
Second coming of Christ»Time of unknown
Revelation 16:15 is a verse from the Bible. (“Look, I’m sneaking up on you like a burglar. So blessed is the one who remains awake and wears his clothing, so that he does not go around nude and men do not see his disgrace.” Matthew 24:36 (KJV) “However, no one, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father, knows what day and what hour it is. ” Luke 12:40 (NIV) Make preparations for yourselves, as well, for the Son of Man will arrive at an unexpected hour.” 1 Thessalonians 5:2 (New International Version) Because you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will arrive as unexpectedly as a robber in the night.
As a result, if you do not wake up, I will come to you as a thief, and you will have no way of knowing what time I will arrive.
Second coming of Christ»Purpose of
Matthew 16:27 (KJV) For theSon of Manis coming in the glory of His Father, accompanied by His angels, and will then reward each individual according to his or her acts. Jude 1:14-15 (NIV) The prophet Enoch, who lived in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied about them, saying, “Behold, the Lord has come with many thousands of His holy ones, to execute judgment on all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their ungodly deeds which they have done in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.” Paul writes in 2 Timothy 4:16.
The following is a solemn charge I give you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus, who is to judge both the living and the dead, as well as by his appearance and the establishment of His kingdom: 1 Corinthians 4:5 (New International Version) For this reason, refrain from passing judgment before the time, but rather await the coming of the Lord who will both bring to light the things that are hidden in the darkness and reveal the reasons of men’s minds; and then God’s praise will be directed to each individual.
Matthew 25:31-32 is a biblical passage.
All of the nations will be brought before Him, and He will separate them from one another in the same way that a shepherd separates sheep from goats
Second coming of Christ»Rewards at, bestowed upon believers»Warnings to the wicked concerning
8:38 (Matthew 8:38) Whoever is ashamed of Me and My teachings in this adulterous and wicked time will be ashamed of themselves when the Son of Man appears in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.” Jesus said in Matthew 24:30, “It is written, “It is written, “It is written, “It is written, “It is written, “It is written, “It is written, “It is written, “It is written, “It is written, “It is written, “It is written, “It is written, “It is written, “It is written, “It is written, “It is written, “It Afterwards, the sign of the Son of Man will emerge in the sky, and all of the nations of the earth will weep, and they will witness the Son of Man ascending into the sky on the clouds of the sky in great grandeur and glory.
Revelation 1:7 (New International Version) Every eye will behold Him when He comes in the clouds, even the eyes of those who pierced Him, and all the tribes of the world will weep at His death and resurrection.
Luke 21:26 (NIV) Men who have fainted from terror and expectancy of the catastrophes that are about to befall the world; because the powers of the sky will be shattered, as will the earth.
Second coming of Christ»Rewards at, bestowed upon believers»Glory with the king
1 Thessalonians 4:16 (New International Version) For the LordHimself will descend from heaven with a clap of thunder, the voice of an archangel, and the sound of a trumpet, and the dead in Christ will rise first, says the Bible. Colossians 3:4 (NASB) When Christ, who is our life, is shown, you will also be revealed with Him in glory, as He is with the Father. 1 Thessalonians 3:13 is a biblical passage. that He may set your hearts without reproach in purity before our God and Father at the return of our Lord Jesus and all His saints.
Second coming of Christ»the future»Correct Attitude of»Blameless living
1 Thessalonians 5:23 (New International Version) Now, may the God of peace, Himself, purify you completely; and may your spirit, soul, and body be maintained completely, without fault, at the return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Second coming of Christ»Rewards at, bestowed upon believers»Likeness to the king
Paul writes in Philippians 3:20-21: For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly await the arrival of a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory through the exercise of the power that He possesses, which includes the ability to subject all things to Himself.
Second coming of Christ»the future»Correct Attitude of»Patient waiting
1 Corinthians 1:7 (New International Version) for the purpose of ensuring that you are not deficient in any gift while joyfully anticipating the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Second coming of Christ»the future»Correct Attitude of»Charitableness
1 Corinthians 4:5 (New International Version) For this reason, refrain from passing judgment before the time, but rather await the coming of the Lord who will both bring to light the things that are hidden in the darkness and reveal the reasons of men’s minds; and then God’s praise will be directed to each individual.
Second coming of Christ»the future»Correct Attitude of»Perfect obedience
Timothy 6:14 (NIV) till the day of our Lord Jesus Christ’s return, that you obey the law without taint or disgrace
Second coming of Christ»the future»Correct Attitude of»Readiness
Matthew 24:44 (KJV) As a result, you must be prepared as well, since the Son of Man is coming at a time when you do not expect Him to.
Second coming of Christ»the future»Correct Attitude of»Constant abiding
1 John 2:28 (New International Version) Now, little ones, continue to dwell in Him so that when He reappears, we will be confident and not shrink away from Him in fear of His appearance.
Second coming of Christ»Rewards at, bestowed upon believers»The fadeless crown
1 Peter 5:4 (New International Version) In addition, when the ChiefShepherd comes, you will be awarded the unfadingcrown of glory.
Second coming of Christ»the future»Correct Attitude of»Stewardship
Luke 19:13 (NIV) And he summoned 10 of his slaves, gave them tenminas, and instructed them, ‘Do business with this till I return,’ before leaving.
Second coming of Christ»the future»Correct Attitude of»Joyful expectation
Titus 2:13 (New International Version) looking forward to the wonderful hope and the manifestation of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
Second coming of Christ»Rewards at, bestowed upon believers»Honour from the king
Luke 12:37 Blessed are those slaves whom the owner will find on the alert when he arrives; truly, I say to you, he will gird himself to serve them, and will have them recline at the table before coming up to them and serving them.
Second coming of Christ»Rewards at, bestowed upon believers»The beatific vision
1 John 3:2 (New International Version) Beloved, for the time being, we are God’s children, and it is unclear what we shall become in the future. We are confident that when He reappears, we will look to be like Him because we shall see Him exactly as He is.
Second coming of Christ»Rewards at, bestowed upon believers»Fellowship with the king
John 14:3 (KJV) In the event that I go and make a place for you, I will return and receive you into Myself, so that wherever I am, you may be as well.
Topics on Second Coming Of Christ
In the book of John, verse 3 says, In the event that I leave to make a place for you, I will return to receive you into Myself so that wherever I am, you may be as well.
What Does the Bible Say About the Second Coming of Jesus?
- When will Jesus return to earth? What is the Great Tribulation, and how does it work? What happened to those who lived before to the birth of Jesus
- Those who will be evaluated in the Final Judgment are as follows: What are the telltale signals that the end is approaching
- What is the sequence of events that will take place at the end times
- What will be the end of the world
- Will individuals get a second chance to repent and be saved when Jesus returns? Do we believe that we are living in the latter days?
Introduction Jesus Will Return in Power and Glory When Will Jesus Return to Earth? Prepare for the worst! Resurrection Conclusions and Recommendations The Creation of a New Heaven and Earth Topics that are not specifically related to one another The Antichrist is a figure who appears to be a threat to the world. The Time of the Great Tribulation The millennium is upon us. The apocalypse In popular culture, the Second Coming is referred to as
According to the Bible, Jesus will return eventually, and the world as we know it will come to an end at that time. There are many different beliefs and perspectives concerning the end of the world, but the Bible only provides a few specifics about what will happen. The Bible does not provide a clear response to the majority of issues. We are instead encouraged to be spiritually prepared for judgment at any time and to place our faith in God, knowing that He will make things right in the end.
Jesus Will Come Again
A continuous process of redemption is depicted in the Bible as God’s redemptive effort. Throughout the Old Testament, He directs His chosen people in the direction of righteousness and truth. Jesus’ first arrival marked the beginning of the last phase of the process of salvation, which would climax in the events surrounding His Second Coming. A final judgment will be passed on all persons, alive and dead, at the end of time. The devout will be given new spiritual bodies in preparation for eternal life, while the wicked will be sent into hell for their sins.
The kingdom of God will be brought to completion at some point in the future.
You put your faith in God; now put your faith in me.
If this were not the case, I would inform you straight away.’ When everything is finished, I will come and pick you up so that you will always be with me no matter where I happen to be.” (New Living Translation, John 14:1-4) Associated scriptures include: Matthew 23:39, Luke 18:8, John 14:18, 28-29, Acts 1:11, 3:12-21, 1 Corinthians 11:26, Philippians 4:5, Colossians 3:4, 1 Thessalonians 1:10, 2:19, 3:13, 5:23, 2 Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:13, Hebrews 9:28, James 5:7-9, 2 Peter 1:16, Revelation 3:11, 22:12, 22:20, Revelation
When Will Jesus Come Again?
Many events that will take place before to the Second Coming of Christ, and which will serve as indicators that the end is close, are described in the Bible. There will be wars, famines, earthquakes, false prophets, persecutions, and an increase in evil, to name just a few things. First and foremost, the Gospel must be preached to all countries. The temple in Jerusalem would be completely demolished. However, the temple was ultimately demolished by the Romans in 70 AD. Many of Jesus’ disciples believed that He would return within their lives, and this anticipation was confirmed by multiple passages in the Bible, including: “In all seriousness, I assure you that this generation will not pass away until all things have taken happened.
There has never been a wholly adequate explanation to these discrepancies in the Bible, and the timetable of the Second Coming has been a source of heated discussion among Christians since the beginning of time.
Keep your wits about you!
You have no way of knowing when that moment will arrive.” (New International Version, Mark 13:32-33) The event, when it occurs, will be rapid and unexpected: As a result, you must be prepared as well, for the Son of Man will arrive at a time when you do not anticipate him to arrive.
There have been a plethora of prophecies that the Second Coming of Christ is on the horizon. Everyone has been proven incorrect. Verses that are related: Matthew 16:27-28, 24:1-51, 26:24, Mark 9:1, 13:1-36, 14:62, Luke 9:26-27, 21:5-36, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, 2 Peter 3:8-14, Revelation 1:7.
Because no one knows when Jesus will return for the last judgment, we must continually be on the lookout for his return. This concept is made explicitly in Jesus’ Parable of the Ten Virgins (Matthew 25:1-13), and a number of other of His sayings reinforce this point as well. Verses that are related: Matthew 24:42-51, Mark 8:38, 13:33-37, Luke 9:26, 12:35-47, 21:34-36, 2 Timothy 4:8, Hebrews 9:28, 1 Peter 1:17, 13, 4:13, 2 Peter 3:10-14; 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3.
Everyone who has ever lived will be brought back to life in some way in order to stand trial alongside those who are still alive at the end of time: Without a doubt, I say to you, the hour has come, and it is now, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear him will live. Due to the fact that the Father possesses life in himself, He has also provided the Son the ability to posses life in himself, and He has delegated to Him the authority to execute judgment as well, since He is the Son of Man.
John 5:25-29 (New King James Version) Associated verses: Mark 12:18-27, Luke 14:12-14, Acts 4:2, 17:18, 29-32, 23:6; 24:15-16,21, Romans 4:17, 5:17, 6:5, 8, 8:11, 11:15, 1 Corinthians 6:14-15, 15:23, 2 Corinthians 1:9, 4:14, 5:1-10, Philippians 3:10-11, 21, Colossians 1:18, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 2
We have every chance to repent while we are still alive, or until Jesus returns to take us home to be with Him (change our ways from evil to good). However, at the end of the day, we shall all be judged. Everyone, both the living and the dead who have been resurrected, shall be subjected to God’s judgment. Even individuals who claim Christianity will be evaluated on the basis of the acts they have committed during their lives (Matthew 7:21-23, 2 Corinthians 5:10). All of those who have led good lives will be awarded eternal life, while those who have lived evil lives will be sentenced to an eternity of suffering (Matthew 5:29-30, 25:31-46, Mark 9:43-48).
We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the physical body and at home with the Lord rather than in the flesh.
Because we must all stand before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may get what is due him for the things he has done while in the body, whether good or bad, while we are alive.
The same will be true in the case of the resurrection of the dead.
1 Peter 4:1-6, Jude 1:14-15, Revelation 2:20-23, 20:11-15, 22:12-13, 2 Peter 4:1-6, Jude 1:14-15 More information may be found in this article: What does the Bible teach about salvation?
The New Heaven and Earth
The ultimate effect of the Second Coming will be the fulfillment of all of God’s promises to those who have believed in Him. In the end, Satan will be annihilated, and sin, pain, and death will all be eliminated from the world. And the devil, who had misled them, was cast into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had previously been cast. They will be tortured day and night for the rest of their lives. (New International Version, Revelation 20:10) “Just as the weeds are plucked out and burnt in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age.’ ” It is the Son of Man who will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that leads to sin and everyone who is wicked in nature.
- Then, in the kingdom of their Father, the righteous will shine brightly like the sun.
- It appeared to me that the Holy City, or the new Jerusalem, was descending down from heaven from God, prepared like a bride who had been exquisitely clothed for her husband.
- Each and every tear will be wiped from their eyes by him.
- (New International Version, Revelation 21:1-4) Matthew 8:11, 19:28-30; Mark 14:25; Luke 13:29; John 14:2-3; Romans 8:18-21; 16:20; 1 Corinthians 2:7-10; 13:8-13; 15:20-26; 45-49; Colossians 3:4; Revelation 7:14-17; 11:15; 19:19-20; 22:1-5;
Some issues are mentioned in the Bible on a less frequent basis than the topics listed above, but they may give further insight into the events leading up to Jesus’ Second Coming. In part because these themes are not thoroughly described in the Bible, a variety of diverse interpretations have developed, many of which go well beyond any biblical foundations.
(See also 1 John 2:18, 22, 4:3, and 2 John 1:7) The antichrist is defined as one who lies and deceives, denying that Jesus is the Christ. (See also 1 John 2:18, 22, 4:3, and 2 John 1:7) As at the time of the writing of 1 and 2 John, toward the end of the first century, numerous antichrists were claimed to be already existing in the world, according to traditional interpretation. It is unclear whether there will be another antichrist, but it is possible that his spirit is currently prevalent in the globe.
One or more groups have attempted to transform Bible predictions into propaganda at various points in history by announcing their own interpretations of the identity of the antichrist.
Such accusations, on the other hand, appear to be founded on little more than prejudice and hostility. The Bible provides no hints as to the identification of the antichrist and does not promote conjecture regarding his or her identity.
The Great Tribulation
The Severe Tribulation (Revelation 7:14) is a period of great suffering and anguish that will come in connection with the Second Coming of Christ. It will last for three years. It is frequently seen as a fulfillment of the prophesy of Daniel 9:24-27, which is found in the Old Testament. Psalms 2:1-12, Matthew 24:15-51, Mark 13:14-25, Revelation 9:1-11, 16:13-16 are examples of related scriptures.
Before the last judgment, the Millennium (Revelation 20:1-10) is depicted as a thousand-year era during which Satan is restrained and the resurrected believers reign with Christ before the end of the world. The Bible makes no other explicit reference of the millennium other than this one. Among Christians, there is a considerable deal of disagreement concerning the nature of the millennium, and ideas about it may be divided into numerous categories:
- Those who believe in amillennialism see the millennium as a metaphor of our current period, in which the Church continues Christ’s ministry and the bound of Satan has already been completed by Jesus in the past. It holds that the millennium will be a future era during which the gospel message will abolish evil from the globe and Christ will rule spiritually for a thousand years before the Second Coming. Those who believe in premillennialism believe that the millennium will be a thousand-year era between the Second Coming and the last judgment. There are two subtypes of premillennialism that may be distinguished:
- Premillennialism considers the millennium to be the next stage in the advancement of the kingdom of God, occurring after the present age of the Church and before the coming of the new heavens and earth
- Dispensationalism considers the millennium to be a period during which the Old Testament promises to the nation of Israel will be fulfilled
- And premillennialism considers the millennium to be the next stage in the advancement of the kingdom of God, occurring after the present age of the Church and before the According to this point of view:
- Israel’s establishment as a sovereign state in 1948 is evidence that the Second Coming of Christ is coming. Christian believers will be rescued before the Great Tribulation begins (see below), allowing them to avoid the wrath of God during that time of misery
The Rapture (as described in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17) is the departure of faithfulChristians (the Church) to meet the Lord in the air, according to the Bible. In terms of when the Rapture will take place, there are three theories:
- Before the start of the Tribulation, the rapture occurs when John ascends to heaven (Revelation 4:1-2)
- During the Tribulation, the rapture occurs when the two prophets ascend to heaven (Revelation 11:11-12)
- After the Tribulation, the rapture occurs when the two prophets ascend to heaven (Revelation 20:11-12)
- And after the Tribulation, the rapture occurs when the two prophets ascend to heaven (Revelation 21:11-12). The rapture will take place at the conclusion of the seven bowls (Revelation 16:17-21).
The Second Coming in Popular Culture
In recent years, the second coming of Jesus, the Rapture, and other Bible prophesies have produced a large business dedicated to these topics. The Late Great Planet Earth, written by Hal Lindsey in 1970, as well as the Left Behindseries by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, have been at the vanguard of this movement. Other resources include websites, television evangelists, lecture series, movies, and videos, among other things. In certain cases, Bible prophesies are embellished with inventive and colorful embellishments that are mixed with modern political and social views.
The Bible has something to say regarding the Rapture, which you can read about here.