Jesus piece (jewelry) – Wikipedia
This article is about the sort of jewelry that is being discussed. See Jesus Piece for more information about the album (album). The gold Jesus piece is embellished with diamonds. In the hip hop community, the term “Jesus piece” refers to a spiritual or religious piece of jewelry that represents the face of Jesus with a crown of thorns, and is popular among those who practice Christianity. Some of the most well-known hip hop artists and celebrities, including The Notorious B.I.G. (The Notorious B.I.G.
A variety of alternative materials, including wood and low-cost metals, have been used to create lower-cost Jesus sculptures.
When writing in 2018, The Boombox stated that “the Jesus piece has undoubtedly become one of the most iconic pieces of jewellery in hip-hop,” and when writing in 2017, Highsnobiet stated that “the Jesus piece has perhaps become the most popular pendant of all time.”
The first rapper to do so was Ghostface Killah of the Wu-Tang Clan, who wore the Jesus piece in the music video for Incarcerated Scarfaces.
The Notorious B.I.G.
Ghostface Killah of the Wu-Tang Clan was the first rapper to wear the Jesus piece, which he did in the video for Incarcerated Scarfaces, which was released in 2008.
In 1997, after Wallace’s death, his piece of Jesus was handed to his son Christopher Wallace Jr., also known as “CJ.” Jay-Z would later wear the Jesus piece several times during the course of his career, including while he was working on a new album. Jay-Z featured in the December 1999 issue of theXXL magazine with an essay about Jesus, which was written two years after Wallace’s death. It was in Jay-autobiography, Z’s Decoded, that he explained the significance of Wallace’s Jesus piece: “It’s a part of my ritual when I’m recording an album: I wear the Jesus piece and let my hair grow until the album is finished.”
In 2009, West wore a number of Jesus-inspired ensembles.
Jacob Arabo partnership
In 2004, Kanye West formed a partnership with Jacob Arabo, a jeweler who supplied jewelry to a number of hip-hop musicians at the time. West’s personal Jesus piece, created by Jacob, cost $25,000 and was the size of a man’s palm. It was adorned with cleardiamonds for Jesus’ crown of thorns, yellow and light-brown diamonds for Jesus’ blond hair, aquamarines for Jesus’ blue eyes, and small rubies for the tears of blood that he shed on the cross. A conversation between West and Jacob is recounted in an interview with Rolling Stone, in which West describes the difficulties he had in creating the new Jesus piece.
I’m at a loss for how to explain that blue-eyed stuff.
It’s a dark one.
West then playfully stated how he would avoid social criticism, adding, “I’m not going to say anything about it.” “I’m going to say that’s the one (Jesus) that was on my grandmother’s wall. It’s the Jesus of Grandma’s!”
Takashi Murakami partnership
In 2007, West collaborated with Japanese artist Takashi Murakami to produce another derivative of the Jesus painting, which was used as the cover artwork for West’sGraduation album in 2007. It was projected that the Jesus sculpture would cost roughly $200,000.
In popular culture
- Kanye West’s debut studio album was released in 2007. ‘Dropout Bear’ is seen wearing a Jesus piece that is identical to Murakami’s design at the graduation ceremony. The Game’s 2012 albumJesus Piecefeatures an astained glass design on the cover of the deluxe version. Jesus is depicted as wearing a Jesus piece. Several Jesus-related pieces were included on the regular and deluxe version covers of Rick Ross’ 2012 albumGod Forgives, I Don’t, which featured Rick Ross wearing several Jesus pieces. The rapper Big Sean revealed in an interview with Power 106 that after he had misplaced the Jesus piece that Kanye West had given him, his former label mateKid Cudig handed Big Sean his own personal Jesus piece. It is depicted on the cover of Boosie Badazz’s 2015 album, Touch Down 2 Cause Hell, that the rapper is dressed in a variety of Jesus-related garb. The song “Jesus Piece” from the German rap group Genetikk’s album “MDMA” is an example of this.
Jesus’ image is captured in an enormous platinum, gold or silver necklace that is occasionally adorned with diamonds and other precious stones. These pendants are put on a hefty rope-style necklace to complete the look. For over three decades, the Jesus piece, as well as other forms of huge pendants worn with rope style jewelry, have been a fixture of hip hop youth culture, particularly among the younger generation. In today’s culture, hip hop musicians and fans alike utilize the Jesus piece as a sign of being in the “hood,” or keeping it real, but also being extravagantly affluent at the same time.
Get yourself a Jesus piece mug.
The Jesus Piece – Its History & Why It’s Popular in the Hip-Hop World
The Jesus necklace, which is one of the most popular pendants currently, is unquestionably an iconic fashion statement that has a large fanbase that transcends religion, spirituality, race, and cultural boundaries. A Jesus piece is a pendant that is normally created from precious metals such as gold or silver and is designed in the image and likeness of Jesus Christ. It is frequently represented with a crown of thorns adorned with gems such as diamonds, and it is a popular choice among fashion designers.
The wearing of the Jesus piece, which is often recognized as religious iconography, has subsequently transcended the belief or tradition that these pieces are solely worn by members of a certain religious denomination and has been elevated to the status of a fashion statement within the hip hop community.
- In order to achieve success in their respective fields, the challenges, disappointments, and violence that these rappers and singers endure are genuine, and the wearing of a Jesus piece is typically a show of achievement and gratitude to Jesus Christ.
- Who was the first to wear it?
- In 2004, Kanye West teamed with the renowned Jacob The Jeweller, and the result was a series of religious-themed jewelry, which included the Jesus piece.
- Image courtesy of VillageVoice.com The Notorious B.I.G., Christopher Wallace, is said to have originally worn the Jesus piece around his neck in the mid-1990s, when he acquired three Jesus piece pendants from jeweller Tito Caicedo for $30,000 (around $30,000 today).
- On the cover of XXL magazine in 1999, Jay-Z donned a Jesus piece, which was rumored to be one of Biggie’s three Jesus parts.
Making a statement with a giant iced out piece, or keeping it simple with a smaller piece, the Jesus piece will never go out of fashion. You don’t have one yet, do you? View our Jesus piece and religious cross offers, which you may include into your next fashion statement, in the gallery below:
The practice of wearing Christian iconography as jewelry has been around for centuries, but the term “Jesus piece” refers to a type of necklace that is usually made of a precious metal such as gold or silver and features Christ’s head as a pendant, sometimes with his crown of thorns adorned with gems such as diamonds, as well as other Christian symbols. The term “Jesus” refers to the major character and item of the Christian faith, as well as an example of good workmanship or jewelry. It is not uncommon for aJesus item to be worn by members of a particular Christian religion, but rather as a symbol, fashion statement, or bling among the hip-hop scene.
- or Biggie Smalls, wore a Jesus piece that was one of the first and most influential.
- Throughout his rap career, the Jesus piece that hung around Biggie’s neck became closely connected with his identity.
- This statement is credited with popularizing the term “Jesus piece,” which is now widely used.
- In 1999, fellow rapper Jay-Z appeared on the cover of the hip-hop magazine XXL, wearing aJesus piece that was rumored to have belonged to one of Biggie’s initial three gang members.
- A collection of religious hip-hop jewelry was created in collaboration with jeweler Jacob Arabo by West and Arabo.
- Rapper The Game, for example, has subsequently released an album titledJesus Piece, which was released in 2012.
The Evolution of the Jesus Piece
Hip hop and religion have a long and entwined history that is well documented. From the most difficult gangster rappers to the most popular hip hop pop musicians, blinged-out Christian symbols may be seen in music videos, on the red carpet, and at music award ceremonies all over the world. The Jesus head pendant, which is second only to the crucifix in popularity, has been seen around the necks of some of this generation’s most recognized musicians, including Kanye West, Jay-Z, and Biggie, as well as hero-worthy sportsmen such as Lebron James.
- The arresting picture of Jesus is characterized by a crown of thorns that surrounds a flowing mane of hair.
- Kanye’s songs, such as “Diamonds from Sierra Leone” and “Selfish,” frequently make reference to the work.
- Nonetheless, in true hip hop fashion, the costume was adorned with expensive metals and jewels, ranging from diamonds in the hair to ruby tears pouring down the cheeks.
- It was even addressed in his posthumous “Life After Death” album in 1999 with the song “I Love the Dough,” which had the words “”You seen the Jesus.
- Ghostface Killah, Lil Cease, D-Roc, and Prodigy are just a few of the early rap musicians who have been spotted wearing the iconic picture created by the New York City jeweler, as well as others.
- Several sources claim that it is the same pendant that Biggie once wore and that he handed it down via his family after his death.
- From Ja Rule and Chamillionaire to millions of hip hop fans, the Jesus piece has been adopted as a discreet, stylish method for people to convey their religious convictions with the rest of the world, according to Ja Rule.
Until recently, it was tough to track down the parts.
As a result, the Jesus pendant is swiftly rising to become one of the most prominent pieces of jewelry in the hip hop fashion world.
The black hardwood or plated-metal piece is the most frequently requested since it lets the user to express not only their religious ancestry, but also their cultural pride via their attire.
The rear of the pendant has a caged finish, which is particularly appealing.
Kanye West, who is known for being adventurous in his design choices, will stack many Jesus pieces with other blinged-out gold necklaces in a variety of shapes and hues.
The rosary necklace, like the original necklace, may be made out of wood or metal, depending on your preference. Tags:christian jewelry,cross,Jesus,Jesus chain,Jesus piece,religious jewelry,
History of the Jesus Piece
In addition to being one of the most recognizable pieces of Hip Hop jewelry in the world, it has served as a sign of religion/spirituality for people who have been drawn into a world of brutality and “gangster” lives. Now, one of the reasons that most people are familiar with the legendary Jesus Piece is because it has been spotted around the necks of your favorite celebrities. Nonetheless, only a small number of people are aware of its roots and history; however, by following a simple chronology, you will discover that this Holy Bling has been around for far longer than you first assumed.
- In the event that Yeezy failed to obtain a signature from Hov and Dame, he dashed to Jacob’s and created the new Jesus Chains.” Kanye West’s “New God Flow” is a good example of this.
- He was the one who pushed the envelope to the limit (think about it).
- The Notorious B.I.G.
- With the words “You seen the Jesus.,” he also rapped about it in the song “I Love the Dough” off his legendary Life After Death album in 1999, which was released in 1999.
- Although the current version of the Jesus Piece depicts a crown of thorns encircling a flowing mane of hair, as well as Jesus’ thick beard and compassionate eyes, the original piece was iced out with precious metal and gemstones, from diamonds in the hair to ruby tears running down his face.
- This piece of jewellery, known as the Jesus Piece, has been adopted by Hip Hop as a method to convey a belief with the world, and it has probably grown to be among the most important pieces of jewellery in the Hip Hop fashion business.
However, none of these pieces can compare to the original. Thanks to original creator Tito and another thanks to Yeezy for his Jesus Piece support.huh! Rudzani “RooAT” Netshiheni is a slang term for “RooAT” Netshiheni.
Jesus Piece Collection
Is There a Jesus Piece? TheJesus Piecehas become a famous necklace, crossing religious boundaries to symbolise good omens and benefits regardless of one’s cultural or racial heritage or affiliation. EachJesus Pieceis meticulously designed and manufactured by our team of highly talented artisan jewelers utilizing only the best metals and stones available. Express yourself with one of IFCo’s iconic Jesus Pieces, which are available in a range of sizes and styles, as well as a limitless number of personalization choices, allowing you to create something completely unique.
- Your Jesus Piece is available in 10k, 14k, and 18k white gold, yellow gold, or rose gold, or silver, and may be worn discretely with a basic gold chain and a Jesus pendant, or bigger and more elaborate XL-sized diamond Jesus pendant.
- EveryJesus Pieceis offered in two variations: slightly iced or totally iced, and each piece is accompanied by a matching gold chain.
- Make Your Jesus Piece Unique to You Please send us a note with your unique interpretation of our classic design if our Jesus Piececollection has sparked your interest.
- You may get yourJesus artwork online from IFCo right now if you’re seeking for the appropriate spiritual piece to add to your collection.
- Collection of Jesus’s Pieces (details)
Jesus Piece – Quality 10k Gold Jesus Pendant
When it comes to winning the heart of a hip-hop enthusiast, nothing beats giving him a Jesus piece. The spiritual pendant has become more popular among A-list rappers and streetwear style enthusiasts, so it was only natural that we would include it as one of the crown jewels of our urban jewelry line at Frost NYC. We have everything you need to add that spiritual edge to your style, whether it’s a blinging Jesus head pendant to go with your Cuban link chain or a Jesus-on-the-cross pendant to go with your fancy link chain.
Our selection of Jesus pendants and crucifixes is available in your choice of yellow gold, white gold, or two-tone gold, and has a number of styles ranging from the classic Jesus crucifix style to the subtle Jesus pendant pattern.
Instead of just wearing your box chain alone, show off your spiritual side by accessorizing it with one of our Jesus pendant choices.
However, once the world learns about the Jesus style necklace that you purchased from our Frost NYC street jewelry line, you’ll have enough of extra swag to spare on your hands.
Jesus Piece (Gold)
GET FREE GLOBAL SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $100 Standard delivery in the United States is 3-5 days ($4.99). USA Express Delivery in 1-2 Days (See Checkout) Canada Standard (Canadian Standard) 4-7 days ($7.00 CAD) 4-7 days Canada Express delivers in 1-3 days (See Checkout) 4-9 days in Mexico Standard ($4.99) Mexicali Express (three days) (See Checkout) Australia’s National Standard 10-15 days ($28 Australian dollars) Australia Express (2-4 days) is available (See Checkout) Shopping from the United Kingdom or the European Union?
Use ouruk.craftdlondon.com to find out more.
Orders placed after this time will be processed and shipped the next day.
- The following times are in Eastern Time: 1:00pm
- Central Time: 12:00pm
- Mountain Time (Daylight Savings): 11:00am
- Mountain Time (Standard): 10:00am
- Pacific Time: 10:00am
- Alaska Time: 09:00am
- Hawaii Time: 07:07 am
- Important: Please keep in mind that shipping times may be altered during busy seasons, and you may need to verify with your preferred courier about their delivery deadlines. Tracked delivery is available (choose it during the checkout process). Beginning on the day your purchase is dispatched, the estimated shipping time will commence. Please keep in mind that after an order has been placed, we will be unable to make any modifications or cancellations to it. If you have any issues about your order after it has been delivered, please email us at [email protected]
Fees for Customs We are not responsible for any import or customs taxes linked with your order; please verify with your country’s authorities to see whether or not there will be any additional expenses involved with your transaction. This includes any import costs that may be incurred for products that are shipped using Free Express delivery. Orders that are late or have been lost It is important that you mention the right delivery address when placing your order because CRAFTD London cannot be held responsible for missing packages that have been sent to the incorrect address or if a shipment has been asked to be left with a neighbor or in an outbuilding.
- We will then investigate the situation.
- Items have not been received, however tracking indicates that they have been delivered.
- There may have been a delay in delivery, and your item may have been sent to a post office or to a colleague inside your organization, where someone else will have signed for it.
- In order to avoid this, we always recommend that you have your things delivered to a safe location.
- If your order was abruptly canceled, it is likely that our fraud filter identified your order as fraudulent and cancelled it.
Alternatively, please place another order using your PayPal account. If you do not already have a PayPal account, you may quickly create one at www.Paypal.com. Countries to which we do not ship Unfortunately, we are unable to ship to every country. We are unable to ship to the following addresses:
Returns We provide a 30-day guarantee for exchange or refund. This 30-day timeframe begins the day after an order has been delivered to a consumer. Please keep in mind that we are not liable for any customs fees (such as import duty or tax) incurred as a result of any returns. You will be liable for any and all expenses and charges incurred as a result of the return of your order. We recommend that you return your item via a traceable shipping method or obtain a proof of postage receipt, since we are unable to refund or exchange orders that are lost in transit.
What is the procedure for requesting an exchange or refund?
- Please click on this link to begin the return process, and then follow the instructions that you will receive through email. Thank you.
In order to be eligible for a refund or exchange, you must do the following:
- Items must be in their original condition (with the exception of trying them on). Each and every tag and piece of packing must be included.
Items that do not satisfy these conditions will be disqualified from participation. Exchange Policy You have 30 days from the date of delivery to return or exchange your order for a refund. Please keep in mind that in order to obtain an exchange, all products must be unworn and in their original packaging. We will ship the first exchange from our warehouse at no cost to you. In the event of a future exchange, we will need you to cover the cost of shipping. Please keep in mind that we are not liable for any customs fees (such as import duty or tax) associated with any swaps.
We recommend that you return your item via a traceable shipping method, or that you obtain a proof of postage receipt, since we are unable to replace orders that are lost in transit.
- Please click on this link to begin the return process, and then follow the instructions that you will receive through email. Thank you.
To be eligible for an exchange, you must meet the following requirements:
- Items must be in their original condition (with the exception of trying them on). Everything from the tags to the clips to the packing has to be included.
Items that do not satisfy these conditions will be disqualified from participation. Policy on Refunds Our warehouse will handle your order and issue a refund to your original payment method once it has been processed and sent.
- Please keep in mind that this can take anywhere from 7 to 14 days after the order has been received. If your refund has been processed, you will be notified by email. We are unable to refund purchases to a different payment method than the one that was used to make the purchase.
Costs that are not included in the original estimate Please keep in mind that we are not liable for any customs fees (such as import duty or tax) incurred as a result of any returns. You will be liable for any and all expenses and charges incurred as a result of the return of your order. We recommend that you return your product via a traceable shipping method, or that you obtain a proof of postage receipt, since we are unable to reimburse you for missing returns. Items that are not working properly You must notify [email protected] within 30 days of receiving the faulty item(s) if you believe you have received one.
- Your order identification number
- What exactly is the problem
- A description of the issue at hand
- Evidence in the form of photographs