What does the Bible say about loving others?
- We have lost sight of the importance of love.
- We no longer love people in the sense that we should, and this is a major problem in the Christian community.
- We’re terrified to love people because we don’t know how.
- There are many Christians who require the assistance of the body of Christ, but the body has been blinded by its own greed and has failed to provide it.
We claim to desire to love in the same way that Christ loved, but is this really true?The use of words has become tiresome for me since love does not come through the lips; rather, it comes from the heart.Love is not deaf to what is going on around it.Love is able to perceive things that other people do not.While it was not necessary for God to provide a way, He did it anyway.
Love moves as if it were God, even when it is not required to do so.Love takes the form of action!The emotion of love encourages you to mourn with others, make sacrifices for others, forgive others, and engage people in your activities, among other things.One of the most worrisome things I’ve witnessed in Christian churches today is that we all have our own cliques, which is a source of contention.
Within the church, we have created a mirror image of the outside world.In addition, there is the cool crowd and the ″it″ circle, which only wants to interact with specific individuals and so exhibits a sense of haughtiness in their hearts.If this describes you, please repent.When you come to understand God’s love for you, you naturally desire to share that love with others.A loving heart goes out of its way to find individuals who are in need of affection.A loving heart is daring.
It doesn’t create excuses on why it can’t love.If you ask for it God is going to put people in your life who need your love.It’s time for a change.Allow the love of God to alter you and push you to make sacrifices.
Christian quotes about loving others
- ″Don’t wait for other people to be loving, giving, compassionate, appreciative, forgiving, generous, or friendly; instead, be loving, giving, compassionate…″ ″Take the initiative!″ ″It is our responsibility to love people without interrogating whether or not they are deserving of love.″ ″Love people so completely that they are perplexed as to why.″ ″When we love God the greatest, we love others the most.″ Be so consumed with loving God, loving people, and loving your life that you have no time for regret, concern about the future, fear about the future, or drama about the future.″ ″Love other people as much as Jesus loves you.″ ″If you love God, He will give you the ability to love people even when they fail you.″ Do not waste time worrying about whether or not you love your neighbor; simply act as though you do.
- Lewis was a famous author.
- ″Go after the wounded, go after the broken, go after the addicted, go after those who have screwed up and have been cast off by society.″ ″Follow them with compassion, kindness, and the goodness of God,″ says the prophet.
″Being loving is at the heart of the Christian message, since it is through loving others that we demonstrate our faith,″ says the author.
What is christian love for one another?
- Believers should have a strong sense of compassion for others.
- The fact that you have a deep affection for your brothers and sisters in Christ is evidence that you have been born again.
- I’ve encountered people who claimed to be Christians, but who showed little regard for the feelings of anyone around them.
- They were nasty, rude, and sinful in their speech, among other things.
When a person produces rotten fruit, it indicates that he or she has an unregenerate heart.An individual’s heart will change when they are transformed into a new creation through repentance and faith in Christ alone.You will witness a person who aspires to love in the same way that Christ loved.It might be difficult at times, but as Christians, we strive to love Christ more, and as you love Christ more, you are more likely to love others.God is glorified as a result of our love for our brothers and sisters.
Always keep in mind that the rest of the world is paying attention.It should be obvious that God’s love is present inside you, not just via your actions within the church, but also through your actions outside the church.1.1 John 3:10 (New International Version) ″By this, the children of God may be recognized from the children of the devil: anybody who does not practice righteousness is not a child of God, and anyone who does not love his brother is not a child of God.″ 2.
1 John 4:7-8 ″Dear friends, let us love one another because God is love, and God is love.″ Everyone who loves has been born of God and has a personal relationship with God.Nobody knows God until they are in love with him or her, since God is love.3.1 John 4:16 ″And we have come to know and believe in the love that God has for us,″ the apostle John writes.The only thing that God is is love, and whoever lives in love abides in the presence of God, and the presence of God in him.″ Fourth, according to 1 John 4:12, ″No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God stays in us, and His love is perfected in us.″ 5.The book of Romans 5:5 As Paul says, ″And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, whom God has given us.″
What does the Bible say about loving others unconditionally?
- Unconditional love is what we should strive for.
- These days, falling in love is a battle.
- We don’t love each other anymore.
- I despise the conditional affection that I see around me these days.
This is one of the primary causes for the high prevalence of divorce.Love is a flimsy illusion.Finances, looks, what you can do for me right now, and so on are all factors in determining love.Genuine love never comes to an end.Genuine love will last to the end of one’s life.
The love of Jesus endured in the face of adversity.For those who had nothing to give Him, His love remained unwavering!His love endured despite the fact that his wife was a wreck.″I’m sorry, but I’ve fallen out of love with you,″ Jesus could remark at some point, in your imagination.
I could never see myself in such a situation.You don’t fall out of love with someone.What really is our justification?We are to follow in the footsteps of Christ!Our lives should be guided by love.Is love propelling you to go the additional mile in the same way that it propelled Jesus to go the extra mile?
There are no requirements for love.Take a good look at yourself.Is your love conditional on something else?Are you learning to be more selfless?Are you gaining more forgiveness or more bitterness in your life?A damaged relationship may be repaired via the power of love.
Love is the only thing that can mend a damaged heart.Were it not Christ’s love that brought us back into a right connection with the Father?Isn’t it true that it was Christ’s love that dressed our wounds and provided us with an abundance of joy?
All of us should strive to love with the love of Christ, without any expectation of receiving anything in return.All of our strained relationships should be pursued by love in order to be restored.Because you have been forgiven a great deal, provide a great deal of forgiveness to others.
6.1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (New International Version) Love is patient, love is kind, and love is not jealous; love does not boast and is not arrogant, and it does not behave indecently.Love is selfless, does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth; it bears everything, believes everything, hopes everything, and endures everything.7.
- John 15:13 (KJV) ″There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends,″ said Shakespeare.
- 1 Corinthians 13:8 (New International Version) ″Love never comes to an end.
- Prognostications, on the other hand, will come to an end; languages, on the other hand, will be extinguished; and knowledge, well, it will come to an end.″ 9.
- The book of Ephesians 4:32 ″In turn, show kindness and compassion to one another, forgiving one another, just as God has forgiven you in Christ,″ the Bible says.
- Jeremiah 31:3 (KJV) ″From a great distance, the Lord appeared to him.
- ″I have loved you with an everlasting love, and as a result, I have maintained my loyalty to you.″
How to love others according to the Bible?
- The problem with Christianity now is that we have forgotten how to love one another.
- We have reduced love to a simple phrase that we can recite.
- Saying the words ″I love you″ has become a cliche in today’s society.
- Is it a real item?
Is it something that comes from the heart?It is not love if the heart is not in it, and vice versa.We are to love without showing any signs of hypocrisy.Genuine love should compel us to humble ourselves and serve others, rather than ourselves.Love should compel us to communicate with others.
Making sacrifices for others is a natural consequence of loving them.Love should push us to make sacrifices in order to truly get to know one another.Love should motivate us to engage in conversation with the stranger we see at church who is standing by himself.We should be compelled by love to involve people in our conversations with one another.
Love should push us to go above and beyond.Finally, love, despite the fact that it is not an activity, will result in acts because a truly loving heart will drive us to do so.It is only by trust in Christ that one can be saved by God’s mercy.As Christians, we are not need to work in order to receive God’s love.We are not required to do anything to earn our salvation.Genuine faith, on the other hand, results in action.
The fact that we will obey is evidence of our confidence in Christ alone.The fact that we will go out of our way for someone we care about is evidence of our affection.It might be anything as basic as offering words of encouragement.It might be as simple as phoning your family members more frequently to see how they are doing.It may be paying a visit to family and friends who are in the hospital or in prison.We like making up reasons for why we are unable to execute basic acts of compassion.
″I can’t because I’m an introvert.″ ″I’m unable to since I just have a debit card.″ ″I’m sorry, but I’m late.″ These justifications are becoming stale.Pray for greater love, and pray for greater empathy with others so that you may understand their plight.God provides us with comfort, encouragement, finances, love, and other blessings in order for us to be able to share these same blessings with others.
11, 12:9-13 (Romans 12:9-13) ″Let love exist free of hypocrisy.″ Reverence for what is wicked, and cling to what is right.Keep one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor; not trailing behind in diligence, passionate in heart, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, persisting in affliction, devoting one’s self to prayer, contributing to the needs of the brethren, and engaging in hospitality.″ 12.
Philippians 2:3 (New International Version) ″Never act out of selfish ambition or hollow pride, but always act with humility, remembering that others are more important than yourself.″ 1 Peter 2:17 (13th chapter) ″Honor the king and treat everyone with respect: love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, and revere the emperor.″ 14.1 Peter 1:22-23 (New International Version) Now that you have cleaned yourself by following the truth in order to have real love for one another, love one another profoundly and from the depths of your hearts.″ Because you have been reborn, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, via the live and everlasting word of God,″ says the apostle Paul.
Love others as you love yourself.
- It’s normal to feel good about oneself.
- As humans, we take care of ourselves by feeding ourselves, dressing ourselves, educating ourselves, exercising our body, and many other activities.
- The vast majority of individuals would never intentionally damage themselves.
- We all desire the best for our own circumstances.
Do to yourself what you would want done to you.Wouldn’t you want someone to talk to if you were in a bad situation?Make a difference in someone else’s life by becoming that person.Remember to think about others in the same manner that you would think of yourself.15.
The Gospel of John 13:34 The following is a new commandment I give you: Love one another.″As much as I have loved you, you must love one another as well.″ Leviticus 19:18 is the sixteenth verse.″You shall not seek vengeance against the sons of your people, nor should you harbor any ill will against them; rather, you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.″ 17.Ephesians 5:28-29 (the book of Ephesians) ″In the same manner, husbands should love their spouses as much as they love their own bodies.″ He who loves his wife is also in love with himself.
After all, no one has ever despised their own body; rather, they nourish and care for it in the same way that Christ cares for the church.″ 18.Luke 10:27 (New International Version) In response, he said, ″Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind.″ as well as ″love your neighbor as you love yourself.″ Matthew 7:12 is a good verse to remember.″Do unto others as you would have them do unto you in everything, then.″ The Law and prophets are based on this principle, and this is their essence.″
Actions motivated by love
- When we accomplish things, we should be driven by love, not by fear.
- I have to be completely honest.
- This has been a source of contention for me.
- You may always mislead people, and you can even fool yourself, but you will never be able to deceive the Almighty.
God looks to the center of the matter.God examines your motives for doing the things that you did.I have to inspect my heart on a regular basis.Was I a witness out of guilt, or was I a witness out of compassion for the bereaved?Is it true that I gave with a glad heart, or that I gave with a resentful heart?
Did I make an offer in the hopes that he would accept it, or did I make an offer in the hopes that he would reject it?Do you pray for others with the expectation of being heard by God or that your prayers would be heard by others?Many individuals, I suppose, claim they are Christian, but they are simply former pious churchgoers who have drifted away from their faith.In the same manner, many individuals do nice deeds, but they are meaningless in the eyes of God.
Why?It doesn’t signify anything since the heart isn’t in sync with the action.What motivates you to act in the ways that you do?If your heart is not in the proper place, you cannot love.1 Corinthians 13:1-3 is the twenty-first verse.’If I talk in human or celestial languages, but do not have love in my heart, I am nothing more than a resonating gong or clanging cymbal.’ If I have the gift of prophecy and grasp all secrets and all knowledge, and if I have all faith in the world such that I can move mountains, but I do not have love, I am worthless and insignificant.
In addition, if I give up all of my possessions to feed the hungry, and if I offer my body in order to boast, but do not have love, I win nothing.″ Proverbs 23:6-7 is the twenty-first verse.If you are served food by a reluctant host, do not indulge in his delights since he is the type of guy who is always concerned about the price.Although he tells you to ″eat and drink,″ his heart is not in it.Proverbs 26:25 (Proverbs 26:25) ″They put on a nice face, but you don’t trust them when they do.Their hearts are filled with a variety of ills.″ 23.John 12:5-6 (New International Version) ″Why wasn’t this perfume marketed and the proceeds donated to the less fortunate?
It was worth the equivalent of a year’s earnings.But he didn’t say this because he was concerned about the impoverished; rather, he said it because, in his capacity as the money bag’s custodian, he used to help himself to whatever was placed in it.″
Open rebuke is better than secret love
Love is fearless and unafraid.But we must never forget that love will reprimand us if we do not encourage, complement, and be nice to one another.Others will be called to repentance as a result of love.Love is uncompromising in its proclamation of the gospel, and it does not sugarcoat anything.When someone professes repentance and I overhear someone say, ″Only God can judge,″ it makes me feel sick to my stomach.
″Can you tell me why you’re full with hatred?″ What they’re really asking is, ″Please let me to sin peacefully.″ Allow me to be damned to hell.Tough love communicates what has to be said.I lecture on what the Bible says about things like smoking pot, adultery, drunkenness, sex outside of marriage, homosexuality, and other such things not because I hate them, but because I care about them and want to help them.
- If you’re a doctor and you discover that a patient has cancer, are you going to withhold the news from them out of fear?
- Suppose a doctor is aware of the dangerous condition of a patient but chooses not to inform them of it.
- In that case, the doctor is evil and should lose his or her license, be fired, or be imprisoned.
- Is it possible for us, as Christians who profess to love one another, to gaze at dead men who will spend eternity in hell and not proclaim to them the gospel?
- For the simple reason that we do not want our friends, family members, and other loved ones to go to damnation, our love should motivate us to bear testimony.
Many people may despise you for attempting to save their lives, but who gives a damn?You will be persecuted for a cause, as Jesus stated in the Gospel of Matthew.″Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do,″ Jesus said as he hung on the cross in the middle of the persecution.
- That is the type of behavior we should model.
- Would you remain silent if you saw someone on the verge of falling from a precipice into a lake of fire?
- You witness folks who are on their way to damnation on a daily basis, yet you say nothing.
- True friends will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear, because they care about you.
- This is what I’d want to say to conclude this part.
- Love is a risk taker.
- Love is unflinchingly honest.
- Love, on the other hand, is not malicious.
- While it is possible to urge someone to repentance in a compassionate manner and exhort them to turn from their sin without engaging in argument, there is a better method.
- It is important that our discourse be infused with grace and kindness.
- Proverbs 27:5-6 is the twenty-fourth verse.
- ″It is preferable to have an open reprimand than to have a secret love.
″Wounds from a friend may be trusted, but kisses from an adversary are multiplying.″ 2 Timothy 1:7 (verse 25) ″For God has given us a spirit that is not filled with fear, but with power, love, and self-control.″
20 Important Things Jesus Said About LoveCounting My Blessings
It may certainly be perplexing…What exactly is it?All of the things that society attempts to tell us about ″love″ are false.Seriously!If society is correct, then why are there so many broken families, shaky relationships, and wounded people in the world today?
The notion that love is only a ″feeling″ that can be conveyed in any manner we choose as long as ″no one is hurt″ simply does not hold water.Why?The reason for this is that we are all connected to one another through our relationships, and when we deviate from God’s intended and protective design for love, someone is always injured!
- We are all in need of love!
- God designed us in this manner!
- It is because He loves and desires a connection with us that He created a need within us that He want to fulfill.
Just to put it another way, God created us with a desire for love…a need that would eventually bring us to His flawless, unending love.Perhaps one of the reasons we are so divided and full of suffering is because we are listening to the incorrect voices telling us about love and how to find happiness.
- The teachings of Jesus, the One who lived the ideal example of love, have been my go-to source of inspiration during the past few days.
- I was interested in hearing what He had to say about God’s love and our love for one another.
- And I discovered…
20 Important Things Jesus Said About Love
What Jesus Said About Love – God’s Love
1. God Loves People … You and Me.
This is how God showed his love for the world: He sent His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him would not perish but will have eternal life. ″ Christ was sent into the world not so that he might judge the world, but in order to rescue the world through Him.″ John 3:16–17 is a passage from the Bible.
2. God Loves You More than You Can Imagine
This is how God showed his love for the world: He sent His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him would not perish but will have eternal life.″ Christ was sent into the world not so that he might judge the world, but in order to rescue the world through him.″ In the book of John, verses 16–17 say
3. God Loves and Cares About Your Daily Needs.
″If God is so concerned about wildflowers that are here today and tossed into the fire tomorrow, He will undoubtedly be concerned about you as well. ″Can you tell me why you have such a low level of faith?″ Matthew 6:00 p.m.
4. God Loves You Enough to Search for You When You are Lost.
Consequently, Jesus told them the following parable: ″If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them goes missing, what would he do? Will he abandon the ninety-nine others in the forest and continue on a quest for the one who has gone missing until he locates them all? Once he has discovered it, he would gladly take it back to his house on his shoulders.″ 3–5 (Luke 15:3–5)
And Waits for You When You Wander Away.
He was still a long distance away when his father realized what was happening. He hurried to his kid, held him, and kissed him, his heart overflowing with love and compassion.″ 15:20 (Luke 15:20)
5. God’s Love is Sacrificial.
″There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends,″ says the poet Langston Hughes. 15:13 (John 15:13)
6. God’s Love Forgives.
He then replied to the Father, ″Father, pardon them, for they have no idea what they are doing.″ 23:34 (Luke 23:34)
7. God’s Love will Never Leave You.
″Moreover, rest certain that I will be with you always, even to the end of the age.″ Matthew 28:20 is a verse from the Bible that says, ″If you love me, do my commandments.″
8. God’s Love Gives Life that Lasts Forever.
″I am the resurrection and the life,″ Jesus explained to her. Anyone who has faith in me will survive, even if they die in the process. Nobody will ever die who has faith in me and believes in what I have done for them.″ 11:25–26 (John 11:25–26)
9. God’s Love Lightens Life’s Burdens.
″Come to me, all of you who are tired and burdened with heavy loads, and I will give you rest,″ Jesus said. Take my load onto your shoulders. Because I am modest and compassionate at heart, you will find peace for your spirits if you allow me to educate you. It is simple for you to bear my yoke, and the weight I place on you is light.″ Matthew 11:29–30 is a biblical passage.
10. God’s Love is Preparing a Place for You and Me.
″Do you mind if I set up a meeting spot for you?″ As soon as everything is completed, I will come and get you, ensuring that you are always with me wherever I am.″ 2nd and 3rd John 14:2b–3
What Jesus Said About Love – Our Love
1. Love for God and Others is the Most Important Commandment.
″The most essential commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel!’″ Jesus said.The Lord, our God, is the one and only true and living God.In addition, ‘you must love the Lord your God with everything you have in you: your heart, soul, mind, and all of your strength.’ The second principle is just as important: ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself.’ ″There is no other commandment higher than these,″ says the Bible.Mark 12:29–31 (KJV)
2. Love for God Looks Like Obedience.
″If you love me, you will keep my commandments,″ Jesus said. 14:15 (John 14:15)
3. Love is the Identity of the Follower of Jesus.
″You must love one another as much as I have loved you. ″If you love one another, all mankind will know that you are My disciples,″ says Jesus. 13:34b–35 (John 13:34b–35) (NLV)
4. Love Follows Where Jesus Leads.
To be my disciple, you must give up your own way of life and accept your cross, and then you will be my follower.″ Matthew 16:24 (KJV)
5. Love is Sacrificial.
You will lose your life if you try to hold onto it for dear life. It is only if you give up your life for my cause that you would be able to rescue it.″ Matthew 16:25 (KJV)
6. Love is Humble.
″God honors people who are humble, for they shall inherit the entire earth,″ says the prophet. 5:5 (Matthew 5:5)
7. Love is Merciful.
″I want you to demonstrate kindness, not make sacrifices,’ says the Lord. It is not those who believe they are virtuous, but those who recognize that they are sinners, that I have come to call. 9:13 (Matthew 9:13)
8. Love is Peaceful.
″Those who labor for peace will be blessed by God, and they will be referred to as God’s offspring.″ 5:9 (Matthew 5:9)
9. Love Even When It Seems Impossible.
″However, to those of you who are prepared to listen, I say: love your adversaries!″ Do good deeds for people who despise you. People that curse you should be blessed. Pray for those who have caused you pain.″ Luke 6:27–28 (KJV)
10. Love Like Jesus’ Love lasts forever.
″There are three things that will stay forever: faith, hope, and love, with love being the greatest of them.″ 1 Corinthians 13:13 (New International Version) I’m not sure about you, but I’m sitting here squirming a little bit as I type this.When I read those initial words about love – God’s love and how perfect and full it is – I am overwhelmed with gratitude.Their explanation is that God created in everyone of us a need for love so that He might fulfill that need with Himself.Glory!After that, there come those further lines about love…
the manner in which you and I are expected to love God and those in our immediate vicinity…as a result, I’ve realized how far I’ve fallen short.As a result, I’m grateful not just for the fact that love is forgiving, but also for the fact that Jesus said…
Love doesn’t leave us on our own. God’s love gives us the Help we need to love others.
I’ll ask the Father, and He will provide you with another Advocate who will never leave your side,″ says the author. 14:16 (John 14:16) So, let’s go back to the beginning of this discussion. Love is seen as a feeling in popular culture. The following is what the dictionary says about love:
- A strong and powerful sensation of profound attachment
- a strong and passionate interest in and enjoyment from something.
- A profound love or sexual attachment to (someone)
- a strong desire to be with (someone).
However, the Bible portrays it as much more than just how we feel at the time.When we accept God’s love into our hearts, love becomes a part of our character that manifests itself in the way we behave.Love becomes more than just the way we speak; it becomes what we do.It is the most important job in the world!One that we can only do with the Lord’s assistance and presence.
I’m praying that your life is filled with love…the type of love that Jesus spoke about in the Bible.
Thank you so much for joining me today.
And a special thanks to BibleGateway.com for providing the sources.Counting My Blessings is a free newsletter that I would appreciate it if you would subscribe and join more than 15,000 other people in applying God’s Word together.Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I’ll give a short post and prayer that I trust will bless you with God’s peace and fill you with the hope of His promises.Additionally, you can…Alternatively, you can post a prayer request on the Blessing Counters Prayer Page….
while also pausing for a minute to pray for someone else If you’d like to read and study the New Testament in only 5 minutes a day this year, check out 5 Min.A Day N.T.
- Devotions for more information.
- Also, be sure to check out our new Facebook Page/Group – WWGGG – What Would Give God Glory – for more information.
- We would love for you to become a part of the movement!
- Always keep in mind that I like hearing from you!
- Please take a moment to say ″hello″ by leaving a comment on this post.
If you found this article to be blessing or helpful today, would you kindly forward it to someone else?Send it to a friend, family member, or coworker, or post it on social media using the options provided below…
Bible Verses about Loving Others
What does the Bible have to say about loving one’s neighbor?It should come as no surprise that God has provided us with a wealth of information and lessons on how to love others.We are told in the Bible that God is love, that He first loved us, and that He sent His son to suffer on the cross for our sins.God made each and every person as precious and deserving of affection.To the point that Jesus reminds us that the most important commandment is to love one another!
For this reason, we’ve included some of our favorite Scripture quotations and scriptures about loving others, as well as what it means to love one another in word and deed.You can use this information to make a difference in your family, community, and the whole world if you teach your children and memorize it.A Prayer for Loving Those Around You: Lord, Please assist us in loving as you love.
- Fill us with your Spirit so that we can make the greatest decision possible.
- While we acknowledge that we are weak before you, we also recognize that even in our weakness, you are powerful inside us.
- Thank you for reminding us that we are not in control of everything.
- Thank you for empowering us to face each day with the strength of your love, forgiveness, and grace.
- We are grateful for you.
This is our prayer: that the power of your love will fill and overflow into our lives, so that we might make a difference in this world and bring respect to you in the process.To remind us that the most important things in this life are not what we do externally, that it is not dependent on any ability or gift, but rather that the most crucial thing in this life is simply to love you and to choose to love others, we would appreciate it if you could pray for us.Amen.
6 Things Jesus Said About Love — Holy Hen House
It has taken me by surprise to learn what Jesus had to say about love while he was on the planet. It’s possible that it’s not what you expect as well, so be prepared. I’ll simply let Jesus talk for himself for the time being.
1. Love Is The Most Important Commandment
One of the law school professors walked up and overheard them discussing.As soon as he saw that Jesus had provided them with a satisfactory response, he questioned him, ″Of all the commandments, which is the most important?″ According to Jesus, ″the most significant one is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.’″ With all your heart and soul and mind and strength and all you have, love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, and strength.’ Another is, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ ″There is no higher commandment than these,″ says the Bible.″Very well said, instructor,″ the man answered in response.God is one and there is no one else except him, and you are correct in your assertion.″ More essential than all burned offerings and sacrifices is to love the Lord one’s God with all of one’s heart, mind, and might, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself.Jesus told him, ″You are not far from the kingdom of God,″ when he noticed that he had responded properly to the question.
And from that point on, no one dared to ask him any more questions about anything.
2. Love Is Our Trademark
″You must love one another in the same way that I have loved you. If you love one another, everyone will know that you are my followers, and no one will doubt it.″ John 13:34b-35 is a biblical passage.
3. Love Is Full Of Mercy
On one occasion, a legal expert rose to his feet to put Jesus to the test.″Teacher, what do I have to do in order to obtain eternal life?″ he inquired.″Can you tell me what is written in the Law?″ he inquired.″Can you tell me how you read it?″ ″Love the Lord your God with all of your heart and with all of your soul and with all of your strength and with all of your intellect,″ he said, ″and love your neighbor as yourself.″ ″You have provided an accurate response,″ Jesus said.″If you follow these instructions, you will live.″ In order to excuse himself, he inquired to Jesus, ″And who is my neighbor?″ (And who is my neighbor?
″A man was traveling down from Jerusalem to Jericho when he was ambushed by thieves,″ Jesus explained.″ They stripped him of his clothing, beat him, and then fled, leaving him half-dead on the street a short time later.In the meantime, a priest happened to be traveling down the same route, and when he noticed the man, he passed him by on the opposite side of the road.
- In the same way, a Levite, upon arriving at the location and spotting him, passed by on the other side.
- However, a good Samaritan happened to pass by where the man was and, upon seeing him, he felt compassion for him.
- He went to him and treated his wounds with oil and wine, then left him to rest.
- Then he loaded the guy onto his own donkey and transported him to an inn, where he was cared for.
- The next day, he went to the bank and withdrew two denarii, which he delivered to the innkeeper.
‘Take good care of him,’ he said, adding that when he returned, he would compensate her for any additional expenses she had incurred.“ How do you know which of the following three was a neighbor of the man who was robbed?″The one who had pity on him,″ the expert in the law said.
- ″Go and do likewise,″ Jesus instructed him.
4. Love Doesn’t Get Better Than This
″I have loved you in the same way that the Father has loved me.Now, please remain in my affection.As long as you follow my commandments, you will continue to be in my love, just as I have followed my Father’s commands and continue to be in his love.I’ve told you this so that my happiness can be shared with you and your happiness can be full.My mandate is this: Love one another as much as I have loved each of you.
There is no greater love than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.No one can match this.If you follow my instructions, you are considered my pals.
- I no longer refer to you as servants, because a servant is not familiar with his master’s affairs.
- You are now my friends, since I have shared all with you that I have learnt from my Father.
- Thank you for your friendship.
- The fact is that you did not pick me, but rather that I chose and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit, fruit that would last, and so that anything you ask for in my name would be granted to you by the Father.
- Love one another is the order I’ve given you.″ 15:9-17 (John 15:9-17)
5. Love Is Even For Our Enemies
″You’ve probably heard the saying, ″Love your neighbor and hate your adversary,″ and it’s true.But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be adopted as children of your heavenly Father as well.He causes his sun to rise on both the bad and the good, and he pours rain on both the righteous and the unjust, according to his will.What kind of reward will you receive if you love people who love you?Not even the tax collectors appear to be engaging in this practice.
And, if you simply welcome your own people, what exactly are you doing that is superior to others?Isn’t it something even pagans do?As a result, strive to be flawless in the same way that your heavenly Father is perfect.″ 5:43-48 (Matthew 5:43-48)
6. Love Unifies Us With The Father, Son, + Holy Spirit
″If you truly love me, you will obey my commandments.″ And I will petition the Father on your behalf, and he will provide you with another advocate who will assist you and remain with you forever — the Spirit of truth.The world is unable to embrace him because it neither sees nor knows who he truly is.You, on the other hand, are familiar with him since he lives with you and will be in you.I will not abandon you orphans; instead, I will come to you.Soon, the rest of the world will no longer be able to see me, but you will continue to see me.
Because I am alive, you will also be alive.Once you have realized how I am in my Father, how you are in me, and how I am in you, it will be like night and day for you.Whoever obeys my orders and does it with integrity is the one who loves me.
- One who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love and show myself to them as they love and show myself to me.″ The Gospel of John 14:15-21
May the love of Jesus for me be my most precious possession.May his forgiveness serve as an inspiration to me to love everyone in my life more sincerely – even the next-door neighbor.I pray that they would come to know Jesus as a result of my love for them.May the Father’s love provide me with peace as I recall that he picked me to be his own precious child and has provided a place for me to spend eternity with him in paradise.Wishing the love of the Holy Spirit to increase my confidence in God’s truth and enable me to do all ordered for God’s purposes and glory!
What God Says About Loving Others
What does the Bible have to say about love?According to the Bible, what exactly is love?Considering the amount of Bible scriptures that speak about loving others, we may safely deduce that this is a significant concept.″And so I am giving you a new commandment now—love one another just as much as I love you,″ Jesus states in John 13:34-35, according to the Traditional Latin Bible.Your deep affection for one another will demonstrate to the rest of the world that you are my followers.″ We are called to love one another in the same way that Jesus loves us.
There isn’t a single person on the face of the earth who Jesus doesn’t love and save – this includes everyone you meet, everyone you pass on the street, everyone you hear about in the news, everyone you live next door to, everyone you stand behind in line at the grocery store, and everyone you sit next to in the waiting room.When we actively love people around us, putting their needs ahead of our own, we are taking the same incredible love that Jesus has poured out on us and transforming ourselves into a living, breathing, and beautiful exhibit for the rest of mankind.While many people believe that love is only a pleasant, heart-warming sensation, we Christians believe that it must be much more than that – we believe that it must be accompanied by action.
- We can offer God’s love by seeing the overlooked, loving the unlovely, or even by showing grace to people who are difficult to be around, to name a few examples.
- When it comes to understanding how to love people, His Word provides a wealth of information.
- The book of Romans (12:9-10,13-16 MSG) provides us with wonderful instances of love in action: ″Love from the core of who you are; don’t pretend to be someone else.
- Run as fast as you can away from evil; hang on as tight as you can to good.
- Be wonderful friends who care profoundly for one another; practice being the second violin…
Help those in need among Christians, and be creative in your hospitality.Bless your adversaries, and refrain from cursing under your breath.When your friends are happy, share their joy with them; when they are sad, share their sorrows with them.
- Don’t be a pain in each other’s necks; instead, be friendly.
- Make friends with nobodies rather than attempting to be the great somebody.″ Allow God to help us actively love people today by praying that He will assist us in actively walking across the street to aid our neighbors, actively cooking a warm dinner for a friend in need, or actively visiting a nearby nursing home to love on the elderly.
- In our everyday lives, we should ask Him to guide us to locations where He wants us to shine His light, and we should ask Him to give us the confidence and fortitude to express His love with everyone who comes into contact with us.
- And, perhaps, as a result of our efforts, we will be able to direct others to His splendor, causing them to, in turn, to actively love others, with who knows what consequences.
- Are you looking for extra motivation?
- You may browse through the complete Devotional Library, and you should also look at the new Digital Resource Library.
30 Bible verses about God’s call to love others — World Vision Advocacy
Please keep in mind that these images were shot before the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended that people wear masks in public.God loves us with a tremendous amount of affection.He desires for us to be filled with great, life-changing love, mercy, and compassion, not just from him, but also from individuals in our immediate vicinity.And he desires for us to share that love with others.A common theme throughout the Bible is the need for us to love and assist others in real ways – particularly those who are weaker than we are.
We are required to love our neighbors, strangers, and foes, and there is no way around this need.Even while the call to love is frequently difficult, it serves as a constant reminder of how God loves us: persistently and fully, with no expectation of reciprocation.Here are 30 of our favorite scriptures on God’s command to love one’s neighbor as one’sself.
- (The New International Version is used for all of these passages.)
1. Deuteronomy 15:7-8
Please do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward anybody who is impoverished among your fellow Israelites in any of the communities of the land that the Lord your God is giving you. Instead, be generous with your time and resources, lending them anything they require.
2. Deuteronomy 15:11
It is inevitable that there will always be impoverished people in the world. In order to do this, I instruct you to be kind toward your fellow Israelites who are poor and in need in your land.
3. Job 6:14
Anyone who refuses to be kind to a friend has abandoned his or her fear of the Almighty and the Divine. IMPLEMENT LOVE INTO YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
4. Psalm 41:1
People who show compassion for the weak are blessed, and the Lord helps them when they are in difficulty.
5. Psalm 82:2-4
What is the length of your willingness to support the wrong and show bias to the wicked? Defend the rights of the weak and the fatherless, and uphold the rights of the destitute and disadvantaged, among other things. The poor and the needy must be rescued, and they must be delivered from the grasp of the wicked.″
6. Proverbs 3:27
You should not withhold good from people who deserve it when you have the ability to make a difference.
7. Proverbs 14:31
Whoever oppresses the poor displays disdain for their Creator, while whoever is compassionate toward the destitute shows reverence for God.
8. Proverbs 17:17
A friend is there for you at all times, and a brother is born to help you through difficult times.
9. Proverbs 19:17
Whoever is kind to the needy contributes to the LORD, and the LORD will repay them for their good deeds in return.
10. Proverbs 22:9
Because they share their meals with the needy, those who are charitable will find themselves blessed.
11. Proverbs 31:8-9
Defend those who are unable to defend themselves and the rights of all those who are impoverished by poverty. Speak out and make fair decisions; protect the rights of the poor and the needy.
12. Isaiah 1:17
Learn to do what is right and to seek justice. Defend those who are oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and make your case heard.
13. Isaiah 58:6-7
What type of fasting have you chosen? Isn’t it to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of tyranny, to set the oppressed free and to shatter every yoke? If not to share your food with the hungry and to offer refuge for the poor wanderer—if you see the naked, to clothe them—then what is it? Is it not to refuse to turn away from your own flesh and blood?″
14. Micah 6:8
He has demonstrated to you, mortal, what is good. And what is it that the Lord expects of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God are all good things.
What the Lord Almighty stated was as follows: ″Administer real justice; offer kindness and compassion to one another.″
16. Matthew 5:16
″In the same way, let your light shine before others so that they may see your good acts and glorify your Father in heaven.″ ″Let others see your good works so that they may glorify your Father in heaven.″
17. Matthew 25:37-40
When he says this, the righteous will respond, ‘Lord, when have we seen you hungry and fed you, or thirsty and given you something to drink?’ When did we perceive you as a stranger and invite you in, or when did we recognize you as a needy person and clothe you?″When did we see you were unwell or in prison and decide to pay you a visit?″ ″Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me,″ the King will respond.
18. Luke 3:10-11
″What should we do then?″ a member in the audience wondered. ″Anyone who has two clothes should share them with the person who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.″ John responded in the affirmative.
19. Luke 6:35-36
However, you are to love your adversaries, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting anything in return. You will then get a magnificent recompense, as you will be adopted as sons and daughters of the Most High, since He is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. ″Be compassionate, just as your heavenly Father is merciful to you.″
20. Luke 6:38
″Give, and it will be given to you,″ says the Buddha. A good measure, squeezed down, shaken together, and poured into your lap, will be spilled into your lap with abandon. For with the measure you employ, you will be measured by that which you employ.″
21. Luke 12:33-34
″Sell your belongings and donate the proceeds to the impoverished. Provide yourselves with purses that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, and a place where no robber will come close and where no moth will ruin your wealth. After all, ″where your fortune is, there is also where your heart will be.″
22. John 15:12-13
″Please love one another as I have loved you. That is my instruction to you.″ ″There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.″ ″There is no greater love than this.″
23. Romans 12:9-10
Sincerity is required in love. Keep your distance from what is bad; cling to what is good. Be committed to one another out of love for one another. Above all, put one another’s needs above your own.
24. 2 Corinthians 9:6-8
Recall that who sows sparingly will reap sparingly, and whoever sows freely will reap lavishly.Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not what you feel obligated to give, since God appreciates a joyful giver more than a reluctant or compelled one.Moreover, God is able to bless you abundantly so that you will abound in every good work at all times, in all things at all times, having all you require.
25. Galatians 6:2
Bring each other’s burdens to bear, and you will be able to fulfill the law of Christ in this way.
26. Philippians 2:3-4
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or conceit in your own self-importance. Instead, act with humility and place others before yourself, not looking out for your own interests, but each of you looking out for the interests of the others.
27. Hebrews 13:16
Keep doing good and sharing with others in mind as well, for God is delighted when such sacrifices are made!
28. James 2:14-17
What good does it do, dear brothers and sisters, if someone professes religion but does nothing to demonstrate it?Can they be saved by such faith?Consider the situation of a sibling or sister who is without clothes and daily meals.What good is it if one of you says to them, ″Go in peace; stay warm and well nourished,″ but does nothing to meet their bodily needs?In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not supported by action, is a dead letter in the dictionary.
29. 1 Peter 4:10-11
Each of you should utilize whatever gift you have been given to serve others, as loyal stewards of God’s grace in all of its manifestations and manifestations.If someone want to speak, they should do it in the manner of one who is speaking the precise words of God.If somebody serves, they should do it with the power that God provides, so that God may be thanked in all things through Jesus Christ, regardless of the circumstances.Forever and ever be the glory and the power, for he is worthy.Amen.
30. 1 John 3:16-18
This is how we know what love is: when Jesus Christ gave his life for us, we knew what love was.And we should be willing to give our lives in the service of our brothers and sisters.Anyone who possesses material goods and observes a brother or sister who is in need but shows no sympathy on them cannot claim to be filled with the love of God.Cherishing children, let us not love with words or speech, but rather with deeds and in honesty.God’s commandment to love others is a risky proposition.
Our responsibilities include putting others before ourselves, loving individuals we don’t like (or even know), and generously sharing our resources.A love that drives us to develop – we cannot love as Christ did unless our hearts are transformed.Lord, please assist us to love others as much as you love them.
- Educate us on what it means to love our neighbors as ourselves, step by step.
- What does the Bible say about children is the subject of the next section.
Put your love in action:
Sign up to get updates on issues impacting children, as well as information on simple activities you can do to advocate for the health and well-being of children all over the globe! Members of the Kesot’s Africa Gospel Church in West Pokot, Kenya, shown in the top shot. (Photo courtesy of World Vision/Jon Warren, 2018)
Beautiful Bible Verses About Love and Marriage
″I have discovered the person who my heart truly desires.″ We hope that these lovely Bible verses on love and marriage will serve as a tender reminder of the special tie that exists between a husband and his wife, whether you’re planning your wedding or simply searching for guidance and inspiration on marriage.Incorporating scripture into your wedding day is easy with these marriage bible verses, which are perfect for reading during the ceremony, including on invitations, and displaying on signs at the reception, among other things.For those who have already celebrated their wedding day, these biblical verses on love and marriage are wonderful to share with their spouses in cards, to use as social media captions, and you may even want to share them with other couples in your life for encouragement.In addition to the well-known wedding passages that feature on this list, there are a number of other more abstract scriptures included as well.With the help of these greatest Bible verses for marriage, you may express your feelings of pleasure, joy, and love for your spouse while also depending on your religious beliefs.
Take a look at some of the most beloved Bible verses on love that you may incorporate into your wedding ceremony as well as your daily life.
Bible Verses About Marriage
- At the wedding, the groom and bride each have a Bible. Paul writes in Ephesians 5:25-33: Love your wives as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her by washing her with water and the word, that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without stain or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be pure and without blemish. The same manner, husbands should love their spouses as much as they love their own bodies. He who loves his wife is also in love with himself. After all, no one has ever despised his or her own body, but rather nurtures and cherishes it, just as Christ does for the church
- Malachi 2:14-15 (NASB): However, you question, ‘Why doesn’t he?’ You have been unfaithful to your wife of youth, despite the fact that she is your companion and your wife by covenant, for the LORD was witness between you and her.
- According to Proverbs 3:3-4: Never forget to keep love and fidelity close to you
- tie them around your neck and etch them on the tablet of your heart. After that, you will gain favor and a good reputation in the eyes of both God and man.
- Romans 12:10 (NIV): Be committed to one another out of love for one another. Respect one another above your own interests
- After then, the LORD God said, ‘It is not appropriate for the man to be alone
- I will provide him with a helper who is suitable for him.’ In order to do this, the LORD God allowed a deep slumber to descend upon the man while he was sleeping, and while he was sleeping, He removed one of his ribs and filled up its opening with flesh. And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he transformed into a woman and brought her to the man
- Isaiah 54:5: For your Maker is your spouse
- his name is the LORD of hosts
- and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer
- his name is the God of the entire earth
- Proverbs 30:18-19 (NIV) – What fascinates me about the world—no, what fascinates me about it all—are three things: the way an eagle flies through the sky, the way a snake slithers across a rock, the way a ship navigates the ocean, and the way men fall in love with women.
- Ruth 1:16-17 (NIV): Request that I not abandon you, or that I not retrace my steps in pursuit of you. After all, I will follow you everywhere you go, and I will stay wherever you stay
- your people will become my people, and your God will become my God. I shall die where you die, and I will be buried where you are buried. The Lord grant it to me, and much more so if something other than death separates you and me
- No one has ever seen God, but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made perfect in us, according to 1 John 4:12.
- And let us consider how we might encourage one another on toward love and good actions, not giving up coming together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as the Day draws near.
- Peter 4:8 says that the most essential thing is to continue to exhibit sincere love for one another because love covers a multitude of sins.
- The apostle Paul writes in Ephesians 4:32, ″Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God, through Christ, has forgiven you.″
- Likewise, you husbands must treat your women with respect and decency. 1 Peter 3:7 As you live together, be patient with your wife, knowing that she may be physically weaker than you, yet she is an equal participant in God’s gift of new life that you have received. Make sure you treat her properly so that your prayers will not be hampered.
- The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 4:9 that two are better than one because they get a high return on their investment: If any of them falls down, the other can assist the other in getting back up. But pity the fool who falls and has no one to assist him or her back up again. Additionally, if two people lie down together, they will stay warm. But how can one remain warm on their own?
- Paul writes in Ephesians 4:2-3: As a result of their humility and gentleness, their patience, and their love for one another, they strive to keep the oneness of the Spirit in the bond of peace
- Song of Solomon 8:6-7 (KJV) says: Inscribe my name as a seal on your heart, as a seal on your arm, for love is a force equal to death, and envy is a force equal to the tomb. Its flashes are like flashes of fire, like the very flames of the LORD’s presence. Love can’t be quenched by many waters, and it can’t be drowned by floods. If a guy presented all of the money in his household as a gift to his beloved, he would be completely loathed
- As a result, God made man in his own image, in the image of God, and he formed him in two genders, male and female, according to Genesis 1:26-28. And God was pleased with them. As a result of God’s instructions, they were to ″be prolific and multiply,″ ″fill the land,″ ″subdue it,″ and ″have dominion over every living creature that moves on the earth.″ Ephesians 5:25 says that men should love their wives as Christ loved the church. He devoted his life for her
- Ecclesiastes 4:12 says that even if one is outnumbered, two may protect themselves against an overwhelming force. A three-stranded rope is not easily snapped
- it takes time.
- Therefore, a man shall leave his father and mother and shall cling to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh
- Genesis 2:24
- Romans 13:8 says that no one owes anybody anything but to love one another, for the one who loves another has completed the law.
- Love is patient and gentle, according to 1 Corinthians 13:4-5. It is not envious, it is not boastful, and it is not arrogant. It does not disrespect others, it is not self-seeking, it is not quickly irritated, and it does not keep a record of wrongs
- it is the opposite of all of these things.
- Song of Solomon 8:7 says that no amount of water can quench love, and no amount of rivers can wash it away. If someone were to give away all of the money in his or her family for love, they would be horribly despised
- Corinthians 13:2 says that if I have the gift of prophecy and am able to understand the deepest mysteries of all knowledge, and if I have faith that is strong enough to move mountains, I am worthless
- but if I do not have love, I am nothing.
- The Psalmist writes in Psalm 143:8: Let the dawn bring me news of your unfailing kindness, for I have placed my confidence in you. Show me the path I should choose, for I have entrusted my life to your care.
- 1 John 4:16: As a result, we are aware of and can rely on God’s love for us. God is love, and God is love. When someone loves someone else, they are in a state of union with God, and God is in them.
- Song of Solomon 4:9: You have captured my heart, my sister, my wife
- you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace
- you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace
- Ephesians 5:33, however, states that everyone of you must love his or her wife as much as he or she sho