Signs of Jesus’ Return – Ministrymaker
- Following Jesus’ departure from Jerusalem’s temple, his followers inquired of him, ″What will be a sign for you, and a sign for the end of the age?″ (Matthew 24:3). It is impossible for us to predict exactly when Jesus will return, but we can recognize when the time has come. Allow me to relate a couple of things that indicate that the end may be near. Israel’s emergence as a sovereign state. As a result of Israel’s disobedience, God promised them that they would be scattered across the world. We know that they resided in a variety of locations across the world until 1948, when they were re-established as a country. Since then, Jews have returned to Israel in unprecedented numbers, breaking all previous records. A fig tree is mentioned in both Ezekiel 37 and Matthew 24:32-35, and Jesus states that ″when you see these things come happening″ (their re-establishment as a nation), that generation will not pass away until all of God’s purposes have been accomplished. The relocation of the United States Embassy to Jerusalem is the pinnacle of prophetic fulfillment. Presidents of the United States have promised for decades that our embassy will be relocated to Jerusalem. When President Donald J. Trump committed to relocate our embassy to Jerusalem, he appeared to be serious about his commitment. During a ceremony on May 14, 2018, the embassy was formally relocated and dedicated in Jerusalem. I find it amusing that the date of its dedication just so happens to fall on May 14. The diplomatic recognition of the State of Israel (also known as international recognition of Israel), which was formed by the Israeli Declaration of Independence on May 14, 1948, was the first official acknowledgment of the state of Israel. Israel’s Declaration of Independence and worldwide recognition of the state of Israel were celebrated on the same day, precisely 70 years ago, with the dedication of the United States Embassy in Jerusalem. I have serious doubts that President Trump comprehended the monumental significance of this event in terms of the fulfillment of the prophecy calendar. God made it happen! This is truly mind-boggling to contemplate. There’s absolutely no possibility that a human could have orchestrated such a flawless occurrence. Without a doubt, I am sure that everything happened as a result of the providence of God. Making the end known from the beginning, and things that have not yet been done known from ancient times, declaring that ″My counsel shall remain, and I will accomplish everything that I will″ (Isaiah 46:10). ″Even so, Lord Jesus, come,″ says the Bible (Revelation 22:20).
- Deception. Increasing numbers of cults and deceit are an indication that the Second Coming of Christ is approaching. This was underlined by Jesus, Paul, and John (Matthew 24:4-5 and 10-11
- 1 Timothy 4:1-3
- 1 John 2:18). Many anti-Christs, according to John, and a falling away from the faith, according to Paul, were to be expected. A record number of people are being duped, ranging from conventional cults that are just wrong on their doctrines to Islam, which is not only wrong on its doctrines but also want to take over the globe and kill those who do not believe (the infidels) and worship their false deity – Allah. Jesus predicted that many others would come in His name, claiming to be the Christ, and that this would happen. As for me, I’m not sure about you, but I haven’t heard of many people claiming to be Christ outright, but I have heard a lot of people make references to themselves as being the sent or anointed ones. Christ is an acronym that stands for anointed and/or sent one. Individuals from various religions have claimed to be the chosen, and individuals of the Christian faith have boasted of being anointed as well. Let me be clear: there are many occasions while I am preaching that I experience God’s anointing and may even state that I do so. However, I am not a prophet. When you are anointed by God, on the other hand, you are not required to go around informing everyone that you are. On a regular basis, I hear people being presented as God’s man for the hour, God’s anointed, and other such titles. Beware! There is also a widespread illusion that is spreading throughout the planet. An eerie blindness and a layer of scaling appears to be covering the eyes of most of the planet today. It appears that people who formerly appeared to have a clear comprehension of matters related to God and the spiritual realm are losing any feeling of their own spiritual enlightenment. This might be due to the fact that they were never properly reborn in the first place. According to Proverbs, ″the natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him
- nor can he know them, since they are spiritually discerned″ (1 Corinthians 2:14). As well as end-time blindness, the god of this world is bringing ″whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders
- And with all deceivability of unrighteousness in those who perish
- because they did not receive the love of the truth, in order that they might be saved. ″ And it is for this reason that God would send them powerful illusion, leading them to accept a falsehood″ (2 Thessalonians 2:9-11). In order to better understand the deception that is sweeping our society and the church today, I urge and challenge you to read our article Do Not Be Deceive (or watch the video sermon) for scripture and what to look for about the deception that is sweeping our world and the church. In Colossians 2:8, Paul warns, ″Beware lest someone deceive you with philosophy and empty trickery, according to the tradition of mankind, according to the fundamental principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.″ Natural calamities are another source of concern (Mathew 24:7-8). Natural catastrophes have wreaked havoc on the United States in recent weeks. Katrina, tsunamis, massive earthquakes, and plagues such as the avian flu, ebola, AIDS, coronavirus, and a slew of other diseases have struck the United States. The coronavirus has brought the entire planet to a grinding halt. We’ve never seen anything like this before. This is simply the beginning
- Wars are only getting started (Mathew 24:7a). To name a few examples: September 11, 2001
- the threat of nuclear strikes from Iran
- ISIS threatening people in the Middle East
- beheading people in the United States
- and threatening to travel to the United States
- and, more recently, what they refer to as ″lone-wolf″ attacks in the United States. There were the attacks in Paris, San Bernardino, Orlando, and Nice, France, to name a few examples of recent events. And they are confident that there will be more to come. Cyber assaults pose a danger to a country’s infrastructure since they have the capacity to bring down large portions of it. On top of all of this, there are nuclear weapons threats, which are the pinnacle of horror. It amazes me that thousands of years ago, God accurately described the consequences of a nuclear calamity. ″Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, and their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths,″ Zechariah 14:1 declares, and in verse 12 he declares that ″their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, and their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.″ Wow! Nothing could possibly explain the impacts of a nuclear holocaust more accurately than that, and it was written thousands of years ago
- The rate at which one travels. During biblical times, horseback travel was the most efficient form of transportation. Now, people are moving at great speeds every day in vehicles, aircraft, and rockets into outer space, among other modes of transportation. Despite the fact that God foresaw traveling at high rates of speed over two thousand years ago (Daniel 12:4), people would be blown away by the mere presence of automobiles a little more than a century ago. In this day of the Internet and other technical advances, information is growing exponentially on a daily basis (Daniel 12:4), which is bad news for those who disagree. In 2 Peter 3:3-5, Peter predicted that in the final days, there would be scoffers who would ask, ″Where is the evidence of His coming?″ Amazing how many people criticize God’s creation, especially in online comment areas, and it’s becoming worse and worse as the end times approach
- the Internet is a major contributor to this. A comparable power to Moses and Elijah is described in Revelation 11, where two witnesses of the end days are granted the authority and authority of Moses and Elijah, and they are able to do signs, wonders, and miracles. When their period of prophecy to the world has come to an end, the Anti-Christ has them slain, and their lifeless bodies are left in the streets for three and a half days as the whole world looks on in horror. The entire world not only observes, but also rejoices at their death and exchanges presents with one another in honor of their passing. ″And their enemies saw them,″ says the narrator, as they rise to their feet and ascend in a cloud, out of sight of everyone and everything (Revelation 11:12). It would have been impossible for the entire globe to see this happen at the moment John wrote this. In today’s world, it’s normal to see intense spiritual battle and combat broadcast on the internet and television. According to the Bible, the devil will descend to earth at the end of time, filled with rage because he knows that his time is limited (Revelation 12:12). As a result of this period of time, Christians will be faced with more turmoil than they have ever experienced before in history. The war for the believer is more severe now than it has ever been in the history of mankind. In the last several years, our family has experienced more difficulties than I could have ever imagined. Whatever we are going through, the most essential thing is that we continue to worship God in the middle of it (Hebrews 13:15). It appears that Jesus will return shortly to grant us the final triumph and rest (2 Thessalonians 1:6-7). Stay the course and never give up because ″he who endures to the end shall be saved″ (Matthew 24:13)
- the proclamation of the Gospel across the world. This gospel of the kingdom will be taught across the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come, as Jesus said (Matthew 24:14). This is a crucial key that heralds the end of the age and the coming of Jesus, according to the Bible. World-wide gospel preaching has become possible as a result of the invention and growth of the Internet and satellite television broadcasting systems. With all of the problems that these instruments bring, they have also contributed to the spread of the gospel throughout the entire world. Please keep in mind that Jesus was not implying that every person would absolutely have to hear the gospel before the end came, but rather that the gospel would be proclaimed in every country on every continent before the end came. The fact is that this is now going happening without a doubt
Jesus Is Coming Back Very Soon
Now is the season!
- Nathan E.
- Jones contributed to this article.
- Jesus Christ will return to this planet in the not-too-distant future.
- Now, Jesus Himself has stated unequivocally that we will not be able to predict the exact day of His coming.
- Specifically, Jesus claimed in Matthew 24:36 that ″no one, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, knows what day or hour it is, but only the Father knows it.″ It is also made very plain in the Bible that individuals who have the Holy Spirit living within them — that is, those who trust in Jesus as their Savior — will be able to comprehend and predict the nature of the events that will herald His coming (1 Thessalonians 5:2-6).
- And, my friends, the time has come for the Lord to return!
- We are nearing the conclusion of one era and the beginning of another, both of which will take place here here on earth, under the reign of Jesus Christ.
Signs that Show How to Know
- What does God disclose to us in the Bible that demonstrates that the time has come for the Lord to come back?
- In the Old Testament, there are almost 500 predictions about Jesus’ Second Coming, and in the New Testament, one out of every 25 passages describes Jesus’ Second Coming.
- In these predictions, God provides us with a plethora of indicators that we should be on the lookout for in order to determine how soon Jesus will return.
- Signs of a Developing Society What exactly are these indications?
- One of the types of signals to be on the lookout for has to do with the character of society, as you might expect.
- ″It will be much like the days of Noah,″ Jesus declares in Matthew 24:37, referring to His second coming.
- According to this verse, the Lord is stating, ″I’m going to come back at a time when the earth is in the same condition as it was during the times of Noah.″ In other words, world civilization will complete a full circle and revert to the level of wickedness that it was during those times.
- ″Mankind’s imaginations were set upon wickedness,″ according to Genesis 6, during Noah’s time on the earth.
It was impossible to avoid wickedness and violence throughout Noah’s time on earth.According to the Apostle Paul in detail (2 Timothy 3:1-4), ″Remember this, that in the end days severe circumstances will come.″ Then there are others who are self-centered and money-driven; boastful and haughty; revilers; disobedient to their parents; ungrateful and irreconcilable; spiteful gossipers; harsh; haters of good; treacherous; reckless; egotistical; lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God…″ That is, without a doubt, the state of society today.Signs of Technological Advancement Another type of end-time signals relates to the incredible improvements in technology that have occurred recently.At the conclusion of this era, according to Daniel 12:4, there will be an explosion of knowledge, as well as a rise in the speed with which transportation may be accomplished.Several scenarios described in the Bible rely on mass communication, satellite television, the Internet, computer technology, and medical improvements, all of which are just now becoming a reality in our day and age, according to the Bible.
- Examples include Jesus’ comments in Luke 21 about people ″fainting from dread″ because the ″powers of the sky have been disturbed,″ and how people will want to shelter underground to avoid the devastation caused by nuclear weapons (Revelation 6:15).
- Consider how incredible it is that humans started out on horseback and ended up in a rocket in the twentieth century.
- In the world of politics, there are signs.
- World Politics is another another group of indications that can be found.
- The Bible predicts a fairly definite structure of nations at the conclusion of the world’s history.
- For the first time in decades, Israel is shown as a nation that is surrounded by hostile Arab neighbors who are determined to destroy it.
- The Middle East has been like this since the Israeli Declaration of Independence in May of 1948, and it will continue to be like this indefinitely (Ezekiel 35:1-36:7; 37:21-22).
- The prophecy of Daniel predicted that the Roman Empire will be resurrected.
- This process began with the establishment of the European Union (Daniel 2:36-41).
- The Bible predicts the rise of a great power that will be based in ″distant portions of the north.″ It is predicted that this nation will pose a threat to Israel in the end times, and that it will eventually lead an invasion of Israel with certain partners, all of which are modern-day Muslim governments (Ezekiel 38:1-39:16).
- Russia and its Muslim friends are perfect examples of this definition.
- Spiritual Signs and Symbols Another indication that Jesus will come soon is the fact that we are nearing the conclusion of this age.
- There will be an abundance of spiritual signals.
- Several times in Matthew 24, Jesus warns that the end of this age would witness an increase in false prophets claiming to be Christ, culminating in an increase in cult followings that will divert many people’s attention away from the biblical teachings on real religion.
Various forms of Satanism, including witchcraft, New Age, and the occult, were foretold to become popular, and this has already occurred.1 Timothy 4:1 states that ″the Spirit expressly declares that in the later times people would slip away from the faith, paying attention to deceptive spirits and teachings of devils,″ according to Paul.Apostates will be found in large numbers of congregations, who will repudiate Jesus and refuse to follow His moral standard.In 2 Timothy 4:3-4, the apostle Paul says concerning individuals who pretend to be Christians: ″The time will come when they will not bear sound doctrine…and will stray aside to falsehoods.″ However, not all of the signals point to doom and gloom.
- We have been assured that there would be some really encouraging spiritual indicators during these latter days.
- Consider the statement made by Jesus, who stated that the Good News of salvation will be spread over the entire globe.
- ″And this gospel of the kingdom will be spread throughout the entire globe as a testament to all nations, and then the end will come,″ Jesus stated (Matthew 24:14).
- Along with this, there will be a significant outpouring of the Holy Spirit, as well as increased interest in and comprehension of Bible prophecy (Matthew 24:14; Joel 2; Daniel 12).
Nature’s Tell-Tale Signs The indications of Nature will multiply in number as a result of all of this turning away from the Creator.People are being called to repent and return to a love connection with God through natural calamities of all kinds that are becoming more frequent and intense, such as ″birth pangs″ (Matthew 24:8).There will be tremendous earthquakes, and plagues and famines will be afflicting different parts of the world, according to Jesus’ prediction in Luke 21:11, as well as terrors and great signs from heaven.Signs that Israel is under attack Though they are not the most significant of all prophetic signs, those that pertain to Israel are the most significant since the Jews serve as God’s prophetic time clock.
- In practice, this implies that the Scriptures frequently link a prophesied future event with something that will directly affect the Jewish people.
- It is possible to find an example of this in Matthew 24, in which Jesus predicted that the restoration of Israel would be a portent of the end of the world’s history.
- He used the fig tree as a metaphor of Israel, and He predicted that the generation that witnesses the re-blossoming of the fig tree will be the generation that will witness His return.
- Well, the fig tree re-bloomed on May 14, 1948, when the country of Israel was re-established, indicating that our age will be the generation to witness the Lord’s return to the earth.
- An analogous prophesy was made by Jesus for the city of Jerusalem.
- At the end of Luke 21:24, he predicts that the Jews would be expelled from Jerusalem and taken as captives among the many countries.
He then instructed them to keep an eye out for their return to Jerusalem because, when they do, it will signal the beginning of the season of His return.Jews were expelled from Jerusalem in 70 AD in accordance with this prophesy; they were allowed to return only in June 1967, so establishing this date and period as ″the season of the Lord’s return″ (Luke 21; Zechariah 8:4-8).There are additional prophesies involving Israel that point to the end of the world and the return of Jesus Christ.
One example is given in Isaiah 35, where we are informed that the destroyed and barren country of Israel shall once again thrive.Early in the twentieth century, Jewish settlers began to regain their ancestral homeland in fulfillment of this prophesy.Today, Israel has risen to the status of the Middle East’s breadbasket.Israel will become a military superpower in the end times, according to Zechariah 12.Today, the little nation of Israel is ranked fourth in the world by military experts, despite its small size.An further major prophetic sign relating to Israel in the end times is the one whose fulfillment we are already experiencing — the international community’s attention being drawn to the country of Israel (Zechariah 12:2-3).
Over the subject of who governs the city of Jerusalem, all of the world’s countries, including the United States, are uniting against Israel.Israel’s restoration as a country nearly 1900 years after its establishment is a miracle, and it serves as unmistakable proof that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that the prophesies contained within it have come to pass in this time.
The Nature of Christ’s Return
- So, what is the purpose of God sending us all of these signals to alert us to Jesus’ imminent return?
- He is back for a reason, and that is what is important to understand.
- After His ascension, Jesus will return to deal with resistance, or sin, before establishing His Kingdom on earth.
- God’s gracious and loving nature is such that He would notify us in advance when He will come in justice and judgment, giving us the opportunity to repent.
- Specifically, 2 Peter 3:9 states that ″God does not intend for any to perish, but rather that everyone should be led to repentance.″ God’s response to sin is either grace or anger, depending on the circumstances.
- A person is either under the protection of God’s favor or under the wrath of God.
- There isn’t a middle ground here.
- Being under the protection of God’s favor is a wonderful thing.
It implies that you have the assurance that Jesus will arrive one day soon and take you out of this world in an event known as the ″Rapture″ before He deals wrathfully with those who have rebelled against Him (1 Thessalonians 4:17).People who have accepted Jesus as their Savior during this time period will be saved from God’s wrath, according to the Bible, which says this over and over again.According to Romans 5:9, ″by Him we will be rescued from the wrath of God.″ According to 1 Thessalonians 1:10, we are looking forward to ″His Son from heaven…who will free us from the wrath to be revealed.″ One of the New Testament’s most famous promises is found in 1 Thessalonians 5:9: ″God has not predestined us for wrath, but for redemption through our Lord Jesus Christ.″ Those who are under God’s anger because they have not asked for forgiveness of their sins and accepted Jesus as their Savior will be left behind and will endure a wrath beyond anything you have ever experienced before in your life.According to the Bible, this will take place during ″The Tribulation,″ a period of seven years during which the wrath of man, the wrath of Satan, and the wrath of God will all be let loose throughout the globe.
- Earth will be ravaged for seven awful and horrific years, during which time billions of people will be annihilated before Jesus returns in His Second Coming.
- God is a God of love, as we all know.
- ″For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whomever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life,″ Jesus says in John 3:16, referring to God’s love for the world.
- God, on the other hand, is a God of justice.
- It is said in the Bible in John 3:36 that ″whoever believes in the Son has everlasting life; but anyone refuses to obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God will remain on him.″ God’s fundamental essence is to love, but His love necessitates that wickedness be dealt with in the strictest of terms.
- In the Bible, it is plainly stated that God never executes His wrath without first giving notice, since He is a just and loving God who does not intend for anyone to perish (2 Peter 3:9).
- He has done this in order to make us aware that we are on the verge of the Tribulation and that Jesus Christ will come at a time when we are least prepared.
- Where do you stand?
- Are you under God’s wrath because you haven’t accepted His free gift of salvation, or are you under God’s grace because you have?
- Will you be one of those raptured before God’s wrath, or will you suffer in it?
- Can you truly say that you are ready for Jesus’ return?
- You have a decision to make.
- If you haven’t accepted Jesus as your Savior, then heed Mark 1:25.
- “The time has come…the kingdom of God is near.
- Repent and believe the good news!” Believe in Jesus, God’s Son, and have everlasting life.
If you have accepted Jesus as Savior, your sins have been forgiven and forgotten, and you can look forward with confidence to that glorious day when Jesus will appear in the heavens.Make sure in these last days that Jesus is also Lord of every area of your life, so that when He comes He will find you ready.“Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back — whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn.If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping.What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’” (Mark 13:35-37 NIV)
Signs of Jesus’ Second Coming
- Jesus is on his way back to earth.
- It’s written in the Bible, in John 14:2-3, New King James Version.
- ″There are many mansions in My Father’s home; if that were not the case, I would have informed you.
- I’m going to go set up a space for you.
- Moreover, if I depart to make a place for you, I will return to take you into Myself, so that where I am, you may be as well.″ >> Get your free Bible prophecy guide by clicking on the following link: Signs of the Second Coming of Jesus There are clues that Jesus will return in the future.
- It’s written in the Bible, in Luke 21:29-31, New King James Version.
- ″After that, He told them a parable, saying, ‘Look at the fig tree, and all the trees.’″ As soon as you notice that they are already blossoming, you may tell for yourself that summer is rapidly approaching.
- As a result, when you see these things taking place, you may be assured that the kingdom of God is close.″ What are some of the telltale signs?
It’s in the Bible, in Matthew 24:3, New King James Version.While Jesus was seated on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him and spoke with him in private.What they were really asking was when this will happen and what would be the indication of your arrival as well as of the end of the age.″ Additional materials can be found at: Are we in the midst of the end days?When will Jesus return to earth?What is the location of heaven and what is it like there?
- Men posing as Jesus will attempt to fool people in the end days, according to the Bible.
- It’s in the Bible, in Matthew 24:23-24 (New International Version).
- In that case, if somebody claims to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There He is!,’ do not believe them.″ Due to the fact that ″fake Christs″ and ″false prophets″ would arise and perform tremendous marvels in order to fool even the elect—if such a thing is possible.″
Second coming signs
- There will be conflicts, and while they may feel overwhelming at the time, they are not the end of the world.
- It’s written in the Bible, in Matthew 24:6, New King James Version.
- ″You will hear talk of wars and rumors of wars, but do not be worried if you hear these things.
- Such events are unavoidable, but the end is still a long way off.″ All of the earthquakes and famines and other indications are only contractions of what is about to happen.
- It’s in the Bible, in Matthew 24:7-8, New King James Version.
- ″There will be famines and earthquakes in many locations,″ says the prophet.
- It is all of these things that signal the onset of labor pains.″
Are we living in the last days?
- Non-Christians will find it difficult to comprehend that we are living in the latter days of the history of the world.
- It’s in the Bible, in II Peter 3:3-4, according to the Traditional Latin Bible.
- ″First and foremost, I want to remind you that in the final days, there will be scoffers who will do everything they can to harm others while laughing at the truth.″ In response, they will argue as follows: ‘So Jesus promised to return, didn’t He?
- So, where has He gone?
- He’s never going to show up!
- How can this be, since everything has been precisely as it has been since the first day of creation, for as long as anybody can remember?″ The arrival of the Antichrist heralds the beginning of the end.
- It’s in the Bible, at I John 2:18, New King James Version.
- ″Little children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the Antichrist is on his way, even now many antichrists have appeared, indicating that it is the end hour,″ the apostle Paul says.
What moral circumstances will be prevalent in society in the latter days of its existence?It’s in the Bible, in II Timothy 3:1-5, New International Version.And make no mistake about it, there will be awful times in the coming days.″ People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, lacking self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—having a form of godliness but denying its power—having a form of godliness but denying the power of God— ″I have absolutely nothing to do with them.″ What are some of the other indicators of the end times that the Bible mentions?It’s in the Bible, in Luke 21:25-26 of the New International Version.″There will be omens in the sun, moon, and stars,″ says the author.
- Countries all over the world will be in misery and confusion as a result of the raging and tossing of the seas.
- As a result of the shaking of the heavenly bodies, men will swoon with fear as they contemplate what is about to befall the planet.
- It is the end of the world when people talk about peace and safety.
- It’s written in the Bible, in I Thessalonians 5:2-3, New International Version.
- ″Because you are well aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.″ While people are claiming ‘peace and safety,’ disaster will descend upon them like labor pangs on a pregnant woman, and they will be unable to flee.″ The gospel will be preached across the entire globe, and the end will be reached.
- It’s in the Bible, Matthew 24:14 (New International Version).
- In addition, ″this Gospel of the Kingdom shall be spread throughout the entire globe as a testament to all nations, and then the end shall come.″ What are people supposed to do when they witness such events going place?
- It’s in the Bible, Matthew 24:42-44, according to the Traditional Latin Bible.
- ″As a result, be prepared since you never know when your Lord may appear.
- You can avoid difficulties by constantly being prepared for My surprise return, just as a guy might avoid trouble from thieves by keeping a close eye out for them.″ It’s in the Bible, in Luke 21:28 of the New King James Version.
- ‘Now, when these things begin to happen, raise your heads and gaze up, for your redemption is drawing close.’
Signs of Christ’s Coming
- Among the physical signs are: 1. national signs, 2. Jewish signs, 3. moral signs, 4. religious signs, 5. religious signs, and 6. travel signs.
- The Bible says, ″And when these things begin to take place, then raise up your heads and gaze upward, for your redemption is drawing near″ (Luke 21:28).
- Pierre Bercheldt, a French physicist who lived many years ago, made a statement that was both shocking and profound.
- ″Within one hundred years of physical and chemical study, man will be able to determine what an atom is,″ Bercheldt predicted (back in 1860).
- In addition, he stated, ″It is my view that when science reaches this point, God will descend to the surface of the planet with His mighty ring of keys and will tell humanity, ‘Gentlemen, it is the end of the world.’″ Fortunately, Bercheldt was correct with the first half of his prognosis.
- Men have discovered what the atom is after one hundred years, and we have reason to expect that the second half of his forecast will come true in the near future as well.
- God will descend on the surface of the planet with a massive ring of keys in His hand, and He will tell humanity, ″It’s closing time.″ Jesus Christ is returning to the planet twice, according to the Bible, and this is one of the realities that is repeated again and over again throughout the Bible.
- He has already come once, about two thousand years ago (when he was born as a child and placed in a manger); He will return a second time (to reign as King of kings and Lord of lords).
- He will not come as a poor Nazarene; rather, He will come with tremendous might and great splendor, as the prophet Isaiah foretold.
Several passages in the New Testament state that ″the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with his powerful angels, in burning fire, exacting vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not accept the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ″ (2 Thessalonians 1:7-8).We have no way of knowing when He will return, but Jesus did talk of a number of events and conditions that will take place on the planet right before He comes to reign.Moreover, God anticipates that we will be aware of some of the general conditions that will exist on the planet right before Jesus arrives.″Exhort one another daily, and so much the more as ye see the day coming,″ the Bible states in Hebrews 10:25.The Scriptures make it quite apparent that we may be able to discern the impending day of the Lord.
- But the Bible continues, ″But you brethren are not in darkness, lest that day should overtake you as a thief; for ye are all children of light,″ according to 1 Thessalonians 5:4.
- Certainly, Christ will come like a thief in the night; but, believers have access to God’s Word and are not in the dark regarding His advent.
- As the deadline approaches, we should be able to observe what is going on.
- Jesus states that we should be aware when the end of the world is approaching (Matthew 24:33).
- It appears that there are a lot of signals that indicate the end of the era is near, and we want to explore what the Bible has to say about these signs and how they relate to our current circumstances.
1. Physical Signs
- The Bible says, ″And when these things begin to take place, then lift up your heads and gaze up, for your redemption is drawing near″ (Luke 21:28).
- French physicist Pierre Bercheldt made a sensational remark many years ago, and it continues to be relevant today.
- ″Within one hundred years of physical and chemical study, man will know what the atom is,″ Bercheldt predicted (back in 1860).
- In addition, he stated, ″It is my view that when science reaches this point, God will descend to the surface of the planet with His mighty ring of keys and will tell humanity, ‘Gentlemen, it is the end of the world.″ As for the first half of his prognosis, Bercheldt was correct.
- Men have discovered what the atom is after one hundred years, and there is reason to suppose that the second half of his forecast will be realized in the near future as well.
- Humanity will be informed that ″it is closing time″ by God, who will come down to earth with His large ring of keys.
- Jesus Christ is returning to the planet twice, according to the Bible, and this is one of the realities that is repeated again and over again.
- It was approximately two thousand years ago that He arrived (as a newborn who was put in a manger), and He will return again in the same way in the future (to reign as King of kings and Lord of lords).
He will not come as a poor Nazarene; rather, He will come with tremendous might and great splendor, as the prophet Isaiah prophesied.″The Lord Jesus Christ will be revealed from heaven with his powerful angels, in burning fire, exacting revenge on those who do not know God, and who do not obey the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ,″ according to the New Testament (2 Thessalonians 1:7-8).We have no way of knowing when He will return, but Jesus did talk of a number of events and conditions that will take place on the planet immediately before He returns to reign in judgment.We should also be aware of the overall conditions that will exist on earth immediately before Jesus arrives, as God intends us to be.″Exhort one another everyday, and all the more as the day approaches,″ the Bible states in Hebrews 10:25.
- There is no doubt in the Scripture that we may anticipate when the day of the Lord will come to pass.
- ″But ye brethren are not in darkness, lest that day should overtake you like a thief,″ 1 Thessalonians 5:4 continues.
- ″Ye are all children of light,″ the verse continues.
- Certainly, Jesus will come as a thief in the night; but, believers have access to God’s Word and are not in the dark regarding His arrival.
- As the deadline approaches, we should be able to see it.
- In Jesus’ words, we should be aware when the end of the world is approaching quickly (Matthew 24:33).
- It appears that there are a lot of signals that indicate the end of the era is near, and we want to explore what the Bible has to say about these signs and how they relate to our current circumstances.
2. National Signs
- There are signals appearing in many parts of the world that point to the imminent return of our Lord.
- National signals include the suggestion that nations are ready to march on Israel, which is one of the indicators.
- During the 38th chapter of Ezekiel’s book, a vast army from the north invades the country of Israel, resulting in a military victory for the Israelites.
- ″In the latter years, thou shalt enter into the country that has been redeemed from the sword and has been collected out of many people, against the mountains of Israel,″ according to the Bible’s description (Ezekiel 38:8).
- It says in verse 15 of the same chapter that the Israelites would come from ″thy location out of the north regions″ in order to defeat them.
- The country that is north of Palestine will invade the territory of Israel in the upcoming days, bringing with it loot and destruction.
- Russia’s desire to exert authority over the Middle East is proof that this prophesy is getting closer to being fulfilled in our day……………………………………
- In addition, international leaders are disturbed and bewildered, which is another indicator of the state of the globe.
In the words of Jesus, ″And there shall be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity″ will follow (Luke 21:25).When Jesus predicted that countries would be embroiled in issues from which they could see no way out, he was referring to the time period leading up to His second coming.″It has been my honor over the past several years to sit down with some of the world’s most influential leaders and debate the state of the globe,″ a well-known preacher recently stated.The majority of them are at their wit’s end, and none of them are hopeful.Today’s world is roiling with misinformation and misunderstandings of every kind.
- A shiver runs through the souls of men and women all around the world as racial tensions, animosity, and unrest, uncontrolled protests, and a growing cruelty in conflict become more prevalent.
- Disturbance and instability may be found everywhere, from Cuba to Korea, from Lebanon to Angola, from South Africa to Latin America—no matter which direction one looks.
- ″There is affliction among the nations, and there is bewilderment throughout the world.″ ″This planet is at the end of its tether; the end of everything we call life is near at hand,″ said a prominent historian, who once believed that the world was on its way to becoming a paradise in one of his final books: ″The end of everything we call life is close at hand.″ We are reminded of the words of Jesus, who stated, ″Men’s hearts failing them for dread, and for gazing after those things which are coming on the earth.″ The mental attitude of the world today is reminiscent of those words.
3. Jewish Signs
- When God summoned Abraham thousands of years ago, He told him that He would raise up a strong nation from his descendants, and He promised them the country of Palestine as their land of inheritance.
- When the whole nation of Israel defied God, He punished them by exiling them from their land; if they followed God, He blessed them in their land; and if they disobeyed God, He brought chastening upon them and expelled them from the land.
- A close examination of Deuteronomy 28:1-6, 15, 63-64 will confirm the accuracy of the assertion made previously.
- We are familiar with Israel’s past.
- Following God’s command, the Jewish people were taken as slaves and sold into slavery in many countries across the world.
- They were distributed across the years, from one end of the world to the other—dispersed among the nations, exactly as God had said they would be.
- Israel will be re-gathered into her historic territory, according to the Bible, which foretold both the dispersion of Israel and her eventual return (Deuteronomy 30:1,3,5).
- While the Jews were without a kingdom for twenty-five centuries, they were dispersed throughout the nations—but they never lost sight of their identity, and on May 14, 1948, Israel was restored as a sovereign state.
That is, without a doubt, a miracle.Where have all the Hittites and Hivites, as well as the Jebusites and the Girgashites, gone to?These were also economically successful countries in the Middle East.And how many of you live next door to a Christian who practices Philism?While many previous kingdoms, including these, have been assimilated by other civilizations, losing their sense of self, Jews have maintained their uniqueness throughout history.
- Skeptics and skeptics-turned-believers said that the Jews would never return to Palestine again.
- Despite predictions that it would be difficult to bring together a people who had been separated for hundreds of years (and who spoke a variety of different languages), Israel has been formally reinstated in her historic territory as of today.
- According to prophecy, the return of Jews to Palestine and the rebirth of the nation of Israel have taken place exactly as they were predicted to take place.
- For any unbeliever, this fact alone should be sufficient to persuade him or her of the existence of God and the veracity of the Bible.
4. Moral Signs
- Jesus predicted that moral circumstances on the planet will be similar to those seen during Noah’s time (just before He arrives).
- And the days of Noah were marked by enormous immorality and moral degradation, as we have seen throughout history.
- God observed that ″the wickedness of man was vast on the earth,″ and that ″every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil constantly,″ according to Genesis 6:5.
- That is exactly how things were back in the days of Noah.
- Luke also indicates that conditions would be similar to those that were ″in the days of Lot″ prior to the arrival of Christ (Luke 17:28-30).
- The residents of Sodom were a particularly wicked bunch.
- According to the Apostle Peter, Lot’s upright mind was afflicted from day to day by their unlawful conduct and filthy discourse, which he endured day after day (2 Peter 2:6-8).
- Isn’t that an accurate depiction of the current state of affairs?
In our culture, there are many examples of ″unlawful conduct″ and ″filthy discourse.″ Observe an average group of factory workers today, or an average group of truck drivers, or an average group of school professors, and you’ll begin to question if some individuals ever have a reasonable notion in their brains!Moral standards in the United States have declined more dramatically in the last decade than they have in the previous hundred years combined.Our day is defined by excessive drinking and irresponsible behavior.The majority of individuals have turned to amusements, gambling, and sports for their entertainment.Compared to any previous time since the creation of Adam—with the potential exception of the days right before the Flood in Noah’s time—there is more carnality, more crime, more lying and more adultery, as well as more easy divorce and more desecration of God’s Day.
- Literature and entertainment are replete with illegal sex, nakedness, passion, violence, criminality, drunkenness, dirt, obscenity, and so on—to the point where the mere notion of it makes one feel sick to one’s stomach.
- Many people in our culture have moral standards that are comparable to those of an alley cat.
- For example, one manufacturer is producing grandchild dolls that have male sex organs for youngsters to use as playthings.
- Swarms of married couples congregate, flirt, and exchange partners (a practice known as ″swinging″) before engaging in sexual orgies of an almost inconceivable magnitude.
- Homosexuals are making a vociferous case for ″gay rights.″ It is quite clear that Sodom has resurrected in the depravity of our own societal system, and all of these are signs that the Second Coming of our Lord is drawing closer and closer each passing day.
5. Religious Signs
- According to the Scriptures, some signals of our Lord’s return will manifest themselves even inside the ranks of the professing church.
- One of the saddest elements of prophecy is that, as the age draws to a conclusion, much of the church will deteriorate rather than improve, and will eventually fall into apostasy.
- ″Let no one fool you, for that day will not come unless and until there is a falling away first,″ the Bible states (2 Thessalonians 2:3).
- ″In the latter days, some will turn away from the faith,″ we are told once more in Scripture (1 Timothy 4:1).
- On every side, there is a clear indication of a loss of trust today.
- It is possible to find some in the professing church who scoff at the verbal inspiration of the Bible, mock the vicarious blood atonement of Jesus Christ, make light of miracles, and ignore some of the ordinances that are plainly taught in the New Testament.
It is true that church building records have been broken, and church membership lists in many locations are rather large—but the great majority of church members are apathetic to spiritual truth and careless for the souls of those who have fallen away from the fold.Many people in our churches are more familiar with Hollywood than they are with Heaven, and they are far more familiar with sports than they are with the Holy Spirit.According to Jesus, as we get closer to the end of the world, many people’s love will ″become chilly.″ One of the most heartening signals in the religious sphere is the fact that the Gospel is being preached to people all over the world (Matthew 24:14).It is all part of the effort to share the Gospel with the tribes and nations of the world that radio broadcasting has had such a massive reach over the past three decades, as has been the use of airplanes to assist those serving in remote mission stations and the wide distribution of printed literature.In the midst of the enormous undertaking of printing the Scriptures in all of the languages spoken by people from all cultures on every continent, the Wycliffe translators are working tirelessly.
During a discussion with his disciples, the disciples questioned, ″What will be the sign of thy coming and the end of the age?″ Jesus responded, ″And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed in all the world as a testimony unto all nations; and then shall the end come.″
6. Travel Signs
- According to the prophet Daniel, ″many shall rush to and fro″ during the latter days of the world (Daniel 12:4).
- There will be a significant amount of travel.
- After nearly two weeks of arduous journey, George Washington arrived in New York for his inauguration, having traveled from Philadelphia.
- In today’s world, the same travel takes only a few minutes at the most.
- Isaac Newton was considered to be one of the most intellectual individuals who ever lived.
- Among his many accomplishments are the discovery of the laws of gravity and the division of light into its seven constituent elements; he also established the calculus.
Newton, on the other hand, had a great trust in God and believed the Bible to be real.He remarked the following about the chapter in Daniel 12 (back in the 1600s): ″Personally, I feel these words refer to the end of time.″ Men are going to migrate from one country to another.It is possible that some new mode of transportation may be developed that will allow people to move considerably more swiftly than they do now.″ As he continued, Newton expressed his belief in the possibility that someone might create a mode of locomotion that would allow mankind to travel at an incredible velocity of fifteen or twenty miles per hour.″He’s insane; look at him; he’s a clever man; but he’s completely out of his head over his religion,″ the crowd said.Eighty years ago, it would have appeared inconceivable to travel in such a manner.
Today, it is ordinary.Eighty years ago, the majority of transportation was provided by horse and buggy.Automobiles were a novelty; aircraft were unheard of; and the vast majority of people went no more than a few miles from their homes during the course of their lives.Today, the situation is very different.
- Trains can move at speeds of up to 100 miles per hour; ships can cross the Atlantic in a matter of days; planes can fly over the Atlantic in a matter of hours; and space ships have been used to transport passengers across the world in less than ninety minutes.
- Because the Concorde jet plane flies faster than the earth’s rotation, it is possible to board a Concorde jet plane in London at 12:00 noon and arrive at Dulles Airport in Washington D.C.
- at 11:00 a.m.
- the following day.
- As men are frantically moving from one place to another, Daniel felt prompted to write that this would be the time of the end….
- When Jesus talked of His second coming, He used a parable about 10 virgins to illustrate His point.
- Five of them were intelligent, and five of them were foolish.
- Five of them had oil in their lights, but the other five did not.
The bridegroom arrived while those who did not have any rushed out to get some.″And they that were ready, walked in with him to the marriage, and the door was shut″ (Matthew 25:10).According to these remarks, there will only be two groups of people when Jesus returns: the wise who are prepared to accompany Him and the stupid who will be left behind.Today, the offer to accept Jesus Christ remains open, and God, in His kindness, has refrained from passing judgment on those who do so.Will you not accept that you have sinned against God and that the punishment for sin is death, even though you have never done it before?Will you refuse to accept that Jesus died on the cross as a substitute to pay the punishment for your sins?
- Won’t you join Him as a disciple and swear to be an obedient and faithful follower to Him in exchange for this?
- It is true that Jesus will place demands on your life; you will have to give up certain things and you may even lose some old acquaintances as a result.
- But just think of what you’ll get in return!
- Your sins will be forgiven, and the peace of God will overflow into your heart, and at the end of the path, you will be released to spend eternity with God the Father and God the Son.
- For those who know Christ, the expectation of His imminent return should motivate them to live righteously day after day.
- Our hope is that the Lord would assist everyone of us in living each day as if it were our final day before the return of Jesus on the third day.
What Are the Signs That Jesus Is Coming Back Again Soon?
In your opinion, what are some of the evidence that we are getting closer to the time of Jesus’ return?
Perversion of the Gospel
- We don’t know whether or if Jesus’ stepbrother, Jude, shared the same beliefs as so many others.
- Their hope of Jesus’ return in their lifetime was met with disappointment, although he did appear to be aware of an impending end-time situation.
- By the way, the vast majority of the first-century church lived in anticipation of Christ’s return from the dead.
- Without a doubt, they were more than 2,000 years too late.
- But, are there any clues that point to Jesus’ imminent return today?
- It appears that Jude is writing about today when he says, ″I felt it essential to write you and plead for your assistance in contending for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints.″ Due to the fact that certain persons have infiltrated unnoticed who were previously designated for this condemnation, sinful people who twist the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ, it is necessary to mention them here (Jude 1:3-4).
They are ″those who blaspheme everything they do not comprehend, and they are destroyed by everything that they, like unreasoning beasts, blaspheme″ (Jude 1:10).’In the end time, there will be scoffers, everyone following their own sinful inclinations,’ Jude warns.″It is worldly people that cause divides; they are those who are bereft of the Spirit″ (Jude 1:18-19).These warped versions of the Gospel, which can be seen all over the place today, are a strong indication of Jesus’ imminent arrival.Unbelievers may be found everywhere, scoffing at the notion that there is even such a thing as a God.
The Days of Noah
- ″As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man,″ Jesus said in reference to the end of the age.
- For just as they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark, and they were completely unaware of what was happening until the flood came and swept them all away, so will it be at the return of the Son of Man″ (Matthew 24:37-39).
- In other words, things will continue as they have been.
- Even more so, just as the people of Noah’s day would never have predicted a flood, many people today will not anticipate Jesus’ return and the resulting flood of judgment against all unbelievers.
- Another possible indicator that things are exactly as they were in Noah’s day is that ″the earth was corrupt in God’s sight, and the earth was filled with violence,″ as the Bible says.
- As a result, God looked down upon the earth and saw that it was corrupted, because all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth″ (Genesis 6:11-12).
Doesn’t that sound like something out of today’s news?It is repeated twice in this chapter because God is emphasizing the fact that violence had become so widespread that it had infected the entire earth or population of man.God is emphasizing the fact that violence had become so widespread that it had infected the entire earth or population of man (Genesis 6:11, 13).See how this same violence that was taking place in Noah’s day is eerily similar to what is taking place on our city’s streets today?New Get the daily Faith In The News story delivered to your Facebook Messenger inbox.
– To get started, simply click on the blue button.
Natural and Man-made Catastrophes
- Before His return, Jesus declared, in what is known as the ″Olivet Prophecy,″ that ″Nation will rise against Nation, and Kingdom against Kingdom, and there will be famines, and earthquakes, in various locations″ (Matthew 24:7).
- These are not indicators of His return, but rather ″the beginning of the birth pangs,″ as the expression goes (Matthew 24:8).
- ″The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken″ during the period leading up to Christ’s return, according to the Bible (Matthew 24:29).
- Following this, ″the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the nations of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory,″ according to the Bible.
- His angels will be summoned by a loud trumpet call, and they will collect his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other″ (Matthew 24:30-31).
- The darkened sun and blotted-out moon might be caused by volcanic activity, earthquakes, meteorites, or asteroids colliding with the Earth’s atmosphere.
The most ominous of these scenarios is the possibility of a nuclear winter following another global or world war.
- There is no way we can predict every single evidence of Jesus’ imminent coming, any more than we can comprehend all of prophecy, and that is just OK.
- We are not required to fully comprehend all prophecy; rather, we are required to be prepared at all times.
- In response, Jesus declares, ″No one knows what day or hour it is, not even the angels of heaven, not even the Son, but only the Father knows.″ Because, just as the days of Noah were, so will the advent of the Son of Man be″ (Matthew 24:36-37).
- ″As a result, you, too, must be prepared, since the Son of Man will come at an hour that you do not expect″ (Matthew 24:44).
- Those who are on the fence concerning Christ now may one day be hurled into the lake of fire alongside those who are on the other side.
- The Bible says that today is the day of salvation (2 Corinthians 6:2), since there is no certainty that tomorrow will come for any of us.
It’s simply too risky to put off your salvation any longer.Come to Christ today, and you will be prepared for His coming; postponing might prove devastating further down the road (Revelation 21:8).
- It is beneficial to comprehend prophecy and to be on the lookout for indications of Jesus’ return, yet doing so might cause us to lose sight of Jesus.
- It is essential that Christ remains the focal focus of our study in the Bible.
- We don’t know when Jesus will come; all we know is that He will, which means we must go to work while the sun is still shining.
- The day is coming when no one will be able to work, and the period of grace will come to an abrupt end.
- Other people must be warned of God’s impending wrath (Romans 2) in order for God’s gracious and merciful dispositions to be applicable to them.
- If we do not inform them of the need to repent and believe, they will die in their sins, with the wrath of God resting on their heads when they die (John 3:36b).
Accept the fact that God will use you to rescue some people by leading them to Christ and then allowing Him to save them (John 3:16; Acts 4:12).
May God richly bless you,
Pastor Jack Wellman
Blog Post Promoter has republished this article.
Book of Signs – Wikipedia
- It is popularly known as the Book of Signs in Christian study, and it is a segment of the Gospel of John that spans from verse 1 to the conclusion of Chapter 12 that bears this name.
- It is sung after the Hymn to the Word and before the Book of Glory, and it is sung in English.
- It is so titled because it contains accounts of seven important events, which are commonly referred to as ″signs″ or ″miracles.″
Location in text
- Scholars generally agree that the Gospel of John may be divided into four sections: a prologue (John 1:1-18), the Book of Signs (1:19-12:50), the Book of Glory (also known as Exaltation) (13:1-20:31), and an epilogue (John 20:31).
- (chapter 21).
- 20:30 (John 20:30) Many other signs were done in Jesus’ presence in front of the disciples, which are not included in this book; 31 but these have been recorded so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing will result in your receiving life through His name (John 1:12).
- It is because of this statement by the author of the gospel that the signs have been chosen that they are examined in a series of seven signs.
The term ″Seven Signs″ links to this page. J.D. Wilkes is the name of the documentary film that was released in 2007. The seven indicators are as follows:
- The miracle of turning water into wine at Cana in John 2:1-11, which is referred to as ″the first of the signs″
- healing the