What will happen when Jesus returns / comes back?
Answer to the question The second coming of Christ is mentioned several times in the Bible, with more than 1,500 passages in the Old Testament and one out of every twenty-five phrases in the New Testament alluding to the Messiah’s return.God’s statement in Amos 3:7, ″Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets,″ is reinforced by the huge quantity of material devoted to this significant event.Overall, the coming of Christ ushers in what is referred to in Scripture as the kingdom of God—total God’s reign over all of His creation, including people.As a result, Jesus ushers in two separate judgements, two different resurrections, and two different eternities in order to achieve this goal.When Jesus returns, He will be prepared to wage battle (Revelation 19:11–16), according to the Bible.
- We refer to this as the Battle of Armageddon because it will bring together all of the world’s nations to fight against Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:2).
- The day of Jesus’ return, however, will be marked by the following events: ″His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be divided in half from east to west, producing a huge valley, with half of the mountain going north and half moving south″ (verse 4).
- In the history of the earth, that day will be unlike any other: ″On that day, there will be neither sunshine nor cold, icy darkness…
a day known only to the Lord—with no distinction between day and night.″ It will be bright when the evening approaches,″ says the Bible (verses 6–7).God’s adversaries will be defeated, and the Antichrist and the false prophet will be ″thrown alive into a flaming lake of burning sulfur,″ where they will perish (Revelation 19:20).Jesus will establish His kingdom on earth, and ″the Lord will reign as king over the entire globe″ (Zechariah 14:9).The first step in Jesus’ plan to build His kingdom on earth will be to create a system of judgment for individuals who are still living after the tribulation and who are still alive when Jesus returns for a second time.The ″judgment of the sheep and the goats″ or the ″judgment of the nations″ (Matthew 25:31–46) is a reference to this event.
Those who survive this judgment will stay on earth for 1,000 years, during which they will live in peace and prosperity with Christ (a period known as the millennium; see Revelation 20:4–6 for more information).In this judgment, those who are determined to have committed a crime are condemned and sent to ″the everlasting fire reserved for the devil and his angels″ (Matthew 25:41).According to Revelation 20:1–3, Satan has been chained and is not permitted to act throughout the millennium.At this time, there will also be a resurrection of all believers in God, according to the book of Revelation (Revelation 20:4–6).Christians who have been raised from the dead will join believers who are living at the time of Christ’s return, as well as those who Christ brings with Him from heaven, and they will all dwell with Jesus throughout His 1,000-year earthly rule.
Once Satan has been unleashed, there will be a last fight that will be quickly won by Christ (Revelation 20:7–9).Satan will be released at the end of the century, and there will be one final war that will be quickly won by Christ.When Satan is finally cast into the lake of fire, he is forever doomed.The second resurrection, as well as another judgment, will take place at this moment.
- People who do not believe in Jesus will be resurrected and judged in what is referred to as the great white throne judgment; they will be sent to the lake of fire based on their deeds (Revelation 20:11–15).
- After Jesus returns, two separate eternities—one with God and one without Him—will be inaugurated.
- These two passages from the book of Malachi express the essence of this truth: ″Unquestionably, the day is approaching; it will be hot as a fire.″ All of the haughty and all of the evildoers will be stubble, and the day that is coming will set them ablaze.
They will not be left with a single root or branch.In contrast, the sun of righteousness will rise in your honor with healing in its rays, because you revere my name.And you will go out and play like well-fed calves″ (Malachi 4:1–2), the prophet says.What will take place when Jesus returns?
Evil has been crushed, the planet has been restored, and God has triumphed.How you react to Jesus’ return will be determined by your relationship with Him.According to John MacArthur, it will either be ″the greatest tragedy in all of human history,″ or ″the realization of the Blessed Hope,″ as he describes it (Titus 2:13).The distinction is made by one’s faith in Christ.
- ″However, when the Son of Man arrives, how many people will he find on the face of the planet who believe?″ (Luke 18:8, New Living Translation) Questions regarding the End Times can be found here.
- What will will place when Jesus returns / returns to earth?
Subscribe to the
Question of the Week
Get our Question of the Week emailed to your inbox every weekday morning! Got Questions Ministries is a trademark of Got Questions Ministries, Inc., registered in the state of California in the year 2002. All intellectual property rights are retained. Policy Regarding Personal Information The information on this page was last updated on January 4, 2022.
Is this where you wanna be when Jesus comes back; making fun of poor Joe Dirt? Zander Kelly Probably, because I’m sure that Yahweh would be chiming in too.
Find a translation for this quote in other languages:
- Choose a different language: Zander Kelly is a young man who grew up in a little town in the United States. Most likely, because I’m confident that Yahweh would be adding his voice to the conversation.″ id=″languages″> – Choose an option –
- (Chinese – Simplified)
- (Chinese – Traditional)
- English, Chinese (Traditional), Spanish, Esperanto, Japanese, Korean, German, Arabic, Russian, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Tamil, Tieng Viet (Vietnamese), Turkish, Espanol, Esperanto, Português, Espanol, Espanol, English, Tieng Viet (Vietnamese), Turkish, Tieng Viet (Vietnamese), Turkish, Ti
Quote of the Day Today’s Quote | Archive
Would you like us to send you a FREE inspiring quote delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this movie quote to your bibliography:
Know another quote from Joe Dirt?
Don’t let people miss on a great quote from the ″Joe Dirt″ movie – add it here!
Our favorite collection of
Are you a quotes master?
What TV series is this quote from: ″Everybody lies.″?
- A. The West Wing
- B. House
- C. Fargo
- D. Grey’s Anatomy
IS THIS WHERE YOU WANT TO BE WHEN JESUS COMES BACK?
(This image was discovered while searching for ″angry Jesus″ online.) Over the course of several decades, this sentence has tormented young men and women throughout the spectrum of conservative religions.I recall hearing tales from my days at CBC (before movie theaters were allowed) of individuals who were doubting their every decision because they were afraid that if Jesus came back, they would not want to be doing what they were doing at the time.We are all aware that nothing that takes place in a movie theater is worth doing when Jesus arrives, and the pulpit became a place where you could demonstrate this to others.This phrase, which Francis Chan’s grandmother said while witnessing a performance in a theater, came to mind when I was reading Crazy Love (which is featured further down this page).″Do you seem to be having a nice time?″ he inquired.
- She reacted as follows: ″Oh, honey, I really don’t want to be in this place at this time.
- I really don’t know whether this is the place I want to be when Christ comes back to earth.
- I’d rather be assisting someone or on my knees in prayer than doing anything else.
My worst nightmare is that He returns and finds me at a movie theater.″ Great-grandmother Clara (grandma Clara) When I first read this, I was reminded of the stories I’d heard earlier in the day.I thought about the sort of life that over-analyzes every action and response, and I wondered if Jesus returned at that very time if he would be disappointed, furious, or something entirely different from what he had expected.Though I have no intention of plunging into the highly religious quagmire that makes the rest of us wince at the sight of it, I wonder whether we would be dissatisfied if Jesus came back.If He came back and said, ″I told you I was coming,″ would we gaze up to Him and rise to greet Him, only to realize that we had been wasting our time?I understand how simple it is to say all of this and then do nothing about it.
It’s quite simple to write, go home, and continue doing what I’ve always done.Grandma Clara seems to be touching on an emotional chord that none of us want to admit.Perhaps the concept of living radically and day by day as if it were our last (since after all, we aren’t promised to live forever) might alter the course of our existence.I’d like to share another quotation with you.Perhaps this is an idea worth living by.
Then again, it may just be a random thinking.In our personal and communal lives, we should not be afraid of failing, but rather of excelling at things that aren’t actually important in the grand scheme of things.Tim Kizziar is now performing with the Merchant Band’s ″Wonderful Savior.″
Where do you want to be when Jesus comes back?
- Thank you, God, for everything you do for your children, despite the fact that we don’t merit it.
- Your majesty’s majesty is beyond description.
- Lord, I pray that your will be done rather than mine.
- Allow the Holy Spirit to direct my ideas as I write this evening.
- In the name of God, amen.
I’m a little bit of a movie nut.In fact, I use them pretty frequently in my writing.It’s funny, since God has used elements from movies to encourage me on a number of occasions.My thoughts were wandering to the movie Joe Dirt the other night, and how his mother would ask him, ″Is this where you want to be when Jesus comes back?″ In the past, I would just chuckle at the statement, but this time it had a different effect on me.When Jesus returns, what do I want to be doing in my life?
Whether I want to be a slacker or whether I want to be a follower of His example, that is the question.Of course, I wish to follow in His footsteps, but not in the sense of proclaiming that I am a Christian.I want to be doing everything I can to further His kingdom at all times.I’ve had a few of extremely profoundly God-filled days in the last few days, and I’ve been thinking about a couple of things.My last post described my journey of discovering God’s side of unconditional love, and now God made it apparent to me that the suffering I’ve been experiencing is being taught to me for another very vital purpose.″What if every person who was going to hell because I didn’t communicate to them about God or show them God through my deeds could look me in the eyes while they were going there?″ I wondered as I read Paul’s letter about his sorrow over individuals who don’t follow God.
It was a disturbing thing to consider.″You knew about this and you didn’t tell me?!?″ image a friend or loved one peering into your eyes and exclaiming.My heart broke for the folks who do not follow Christ as a result of this experience.Additionally, it helped me to understand that, no matter what happened to me, I would never allow fear or insecurity to stand in the way of planting a seed in someone’s life or showing them God’s love for them.Having a lot of insecurity used to be a big issue for me.If you read my post from October 28th, 2015, you will know that it prompted me to seek fulfillment in the world, to bring harm to others in the process, and to lose someone whom I adore more than words can express, among other things.
- I was sad about the things that had happened to me and the people that I had wounded as a result of the things that had happened to me, but I had been reading about individuals in the Bible who also struggled with fears.
- Moses felt self-conscious about his inability to communicate effectively.
- ″Who formed your mouth?″ God inquired of Him.
- Jeremiah was uneasy because he was young, despite the fact that God had revealed to him that he had been known before he was ever knit together in his mother’s womb and that he had been appointed as a prophet to the nations before he was even born.
Before he was ever conceived, of course!The ramifications of this are staggering.God has a need, and everyone of us was designed to meet that need.
Each and every one of our experiences is utilized to mold and form us in order to fulfill that requirement.Although I wish individuals could have been rescued from being injured by my selfish acts when I was younger, I take comfort in the idea that God used those circumstances to mold me into the man I am today.I’m pushing forward with the goal of being as bold as I possibly can while still meeting a need.I long for God to give me the courage I need.I yearn for His will to be done in my life.I have a strong desire for Him.
- That brings me to another thing that He has placed on my heart to do.
- I was reading in Matthew and was reminded of the parable Jesus gave about the guy who discovered a huge treasure in a field and sold all he owned in order to purchase the field, and how heaven is analogous to the riches in the field.
- In addition, there was the priceless pearl for which the merchant had sold everything in order to get it.
- I was wondering about how that corresponded with certain other passages from Matthew as I thought about it.
- Jesus urges us not to store up riches on earth that will be taken away, but rather to store up treasures in heaven that will be preserved.
- Because where our treasure is, that is also where our hearts will be.
He also stated that whomever gives their life for Him would be saved, but anyone attempts to preserve their life will be lost as a result of their efforts.It prompted me to reflect on my own life and consider whether there was anything I would not be willing to give up in order to follow Him.In the past, I placed a high value on many things above my religion and relationship with God.
I’m pleased to announce that there isn’t anything I wouldn’t be willing to give up right now.To be honest, it’s all a waste of time and money because it’s all forfeited to God in the first place.The things I want or desire are given to me by Him, and He has the right to take them away at any time.If I am asked to follow Him, I will happily give up my possessions.It’s not a question of ″Do I have to?″ If He tells me to do anything, I do it.Nobody instructed those gentlemen to sell all they have in order to purchase the other.
- What they were looking for was considerably more valuable than everything else they possessed at the time.
- Nothing I have or could have is worth more than God’s kingdom, which is far more valuable than everything I could ever have.
- Do I have desires or expectations for things in this life?
- Without a doubt, I do!
- However, I no longer place those things on a higher level than God or his kingdom in my life.
- He knows what my heart desires, and if they are within His will, I am certain that I will be granted them.
- If I don’t, then I know that His will is far better than anything I could wish for, as I discussed in my last blog post.
- I have complete faith in Him in this regard and will follow His instructions no matter how costly it may be to me.
- When compared to eternity, our life on earth is so insignificant, and I want to do all in my power to minimize myself while building His kingdom on earth.
- If this implies that I will not be able to have some of the things that I used to have or that I want or wish for, then I am okay with this outcome.
- It is not about incorporating God into our life while still hanging on to other things.
- Put simply, it is about putting God first and accepting whatever He has in store for us.
- It would be pointless for me to cling to everything I currently have or could have if it meant I wasn’t putting Him first.
- So, to respond to the question Joe Dirt’s mother posed, Yes.
- I’m precisely where I want to be when Jesus returns, and nothing could be better.
I still have things I want to accomplish and have, and I still want to have them, but I don’t worry about them anymore.First and foremost, I seek Him.He will provide me with what I require when I require it.
He will shower me with blessings in any way he chooses.And I shall spend the rest of my life in His company.I pray that you place your trust in Him above all else.I pray that you strive to spread His kingdom on a daily basis.If you cling to anything more than Him and His will, I hope that you will lose sight of Him and His will.
I hope you are able to find happiness despite your difficulties.I hope you have the courage to do what you want.In my prayers, I hope you will not allow fear or insecurity to prevent you from obeying His call.In Christ, there is love.Jesse L.Judah, Jr.
Uncategorised was the topic of this post.This entry was posted in Uncategorized.
Is this where you want to be when Jesus comes back?!
- Screaming 2 year old sibling gets soaked in the face by my 6 year old with a water cannon.
- Even louder cries come from his younger brother, who is two years old.
- The 6 year child is yelled at by his father through the window, ″I saw you do it even after your mother instructed you not to do that.″ ″I know…″ says the 6 year old who was apprehended in a mournful voice.
- ″Have you heard?!
Then it’s either that you didn’t want to listen or that you didn’t realize anybody else was paying attention…″ – I’d want to add my voice.″Yeah, I understand.I did it because I was under the impression that no one could see me…″ – A six-year-old acknowledges it.″Everything is visible to us, son!″ – Dad proceeds to explain to the minion what is going on.″We have the same vision as Jesus and can see everything!″ Almost all of the time.
″Jesus sees everything, and we see everything as well.″ – Dad attempts to instill dread in him, which ultimately leads to his questioning the possibility of a single person being able to see everything at all times.I’m just not able to keep it together at this point.My parental obligations are taken over by flashbacks of my favorite sentence from the movie, ″Joe Dirt.″ I attempted to keep my words to myself, but the pressure was getting to me, so I blurted out: ″ Boyyyyyyyy!Is this the kind of place you want to be when Jesus returns?What are you doing in the faccccce squirting your crying brother?!″ – I exclaim, helplessly laughing.My husband simply stares at me, as if he can’t believe that I got there in the first place.
He is clearly concerned that I am undermining his disciplinary measures.Oopps.Yeah….THIS is a wonderful illustration of how my children believe and KNOW that they can get away with anything if mom begins laughing at their expense.They are, in fact, correct.There are worse places to be in my opinion…
- The following are some of the most popular tags: hilarious, get away with it, I am always watching, is this where you want to be when jesus comes back, joe dirt, kids, laughing is amazing, me and jesus are tight, minions, parenting, parenting like me, stress relief, we are like Jesus.
To download the audio file, please click here. Audio excerpt from the Joe Dirt (2001) film’s soundboard, lasting approximately 5 seconds.
|File size||Sample rate||Channels||Resolution|
|98 kB||160 Kbps/44.000 Hz||stereo||16 bits|
If you’re watching the movie on Blu-ray, you may hear this line at 00:04:43 in the movie.
- – Why didn’t your mother get a new wig later in the day?
- – Actually, my family and I were separated when I was eight years old.
- I became disoriented.
- – You’re attempting to convince me that you’ve been living on your own since you were eight years old?
- – That’s pretty much it, man.
It’s rather a long story, to be honest.- Pay attention to what you’re saying.What exactly is the plot here?I’m a complete and utter moron.It’s finally over.
– Hey, do you want to be here when Jesus returns, or do you want to be somewhere else?Are you making fun of Joe Dirt, the poor little guy?- Most likely, since I’m confident that Yahweh would have something to say as well.- It’s hilarious since my mother used to say that to me when she caught me doing anything inappropriate.For example, there was a time when I was jerking my gherkin.Is it okay for me to say that?
Is this the place you want to be when Jesus returns?she inquires.- This woman appears to be a great winner, and it’s remarkable to me that you were able to turn out the way you did with that kind of, um, coaching.- Hey, guy, this is I.I can’t say that you shouldn’t make fun of me, but you shouldn’t make fun of my mother either.- Hey, you guys, you’ve got to come listen to this man on the Zander podcast.
The world desperately needs the return of Christ. But the Bible warns there will be conflicting messages about when and where He will return. What’s the truth?
“What will be the sign of Your coming?”
- Many of Jesus’ disciples were preoccupied with the prospect of the future, as many people are today.
- The disciples of Jesus met Him in secret on the Mount of Olives, which overlooks the majestic temple complex in Jerusalem, at the end of His life and inquired of Him about the events that were to follow.
- Earlier that day, as they stood in awe of the massive stones and intricate craftsmanship of the temple, Jesus surprised them with the following prophecy: ″Do you not see all of these things?
- ″I assure you that not a single stone will be left upon another in this place that will not be hurled down″ (Matthew 24:2).
- As a result, when they were able to capture Him alone, they pursued Him.
″Tell us, when will these things take place,″ they inquired of Jesus.″And what will be the sign of Your coming, as well as the indication of the end of the age?″ says the Lord.(See also verse 3).
Jesus gives His Olivet Prophecy
- One of the most important prophesies in the Bible was fulfilled right there on the Mount of Olives when Jesus Christ responded to their queries. This teaching, which is reported in Matthew 24-25, Mark 13 and Luke 21, has come to be known as the Olivet Prophecy or the Olivet Discourse because of its setting. Jesus gave forth a timeline of events that will take place before to His return, including: Deception in the religious sphere (And Jesus responded by saying to them, ″Take care that you are not deceived by anybody. For many will come in My name, claiming to be the Christ, and many will be deceived as a result. Matthew 24:4-5, New King James Version (NKJV) The Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″>Matthew 24:4-5)
- Wars and rumors of war (And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars, according to the New King James Version. Make sure you aren’t stressed out since all of these things must happen, but the finish isn’t in sight yet. In other words, country will rise up against nation, and kingdom will rise up against kingdom. In addition, there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various locations across the world. The Holy Bible, New King James Version (NKJV) 1982 by Thomas Nelson″>verses 6-7)
- famines (verse 7)
- pestilences (verse 7)
- earthquakes (verse 7)
- persecution of Christ’s disciples (″Then they will hand you over to tribulation and murder you, and you will be loathed by all nations for My name’s sake.″ Afterwards, many people will be upset, many people will betray one another, and many people will despise one another.″ The Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″>verses 9-10)
- Lawlessness (And since lawlessness will flourish, many people’s love will grow cold. The good news of the Kingdom of God will be broadcast (And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the globe as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.) (New King James Version (NKJV) The Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″>verse 12)
- It is written in the New King James Version (NKJV) The Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″>verse 14)
- Jerusalem will be surrounded by armies and the ″abomination of desolation″ will be set up (″Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ as prophesied by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place,″ verse 14). (whoever reads, let him understand) ″But when you see Jerusalem encircled by soldiers, then know that its devastation is close,″ says the New King James Version (NKJV), published in 1982 by Thomas Nelson. NKJV: The Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″>Luke 21:20)
- the Great Tribulation will threaten humanity’s existence (For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, and such as will not be until the end of the world). And unless those days are shortened, no flesh will be saved
- but, those days will be shortened for the sake of the elect. It is written in the New King James Version (NKJV) of the Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″>Matthew 24:21-22)
- Signs in heaven (″Immediately after tribulation of those days, the sun and moon will be darkened, and the moon will not give forth its light
- the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.″) New King James Version (NKJV) The Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″>verse 29)
- New King James Version (NKJV) The Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″>verse 29)
- New King James Version (NKJV) The Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″>verse 29)
- New King James Version (NKJV) The Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″>
- Detailed information concerning these events and their time may be found in these two articles: ″Discerning the Signs of the Times,″ as well as ″When Will Jesus Return?″ Three of the ″Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse″ are the ″Abomination of Desolation″ and the ″Great Tribulation,″ respectively.
- When Jesus declared that signs will appear in the skies ″after the tribulation,″ he was referring to the time when the sun would be darkened and the moon would not provide its light, and the stars would fall from the sky and the heavens’ powers would be disturbed.
- Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the heavens, and all of the tribes of the earth will grieve, and they will see the Son of Man ascending into the heavens in great majesty and glory, as they have never seen him before.
- His angels will descend with a loud blast of the trumpet, and they will collect His elect from the four winds, reaching from one end of heaven to the other.″ According to Matthew 24:29-31, in a split second, in the blink of an eye, at the sound of the final trumpet, the New King James Version (NKJV) The Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″> Because the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be resurrected incorruptible, and we will be changed as a result of that.
- In 1 Corinthians 15:52, the seventh angel sounded, and there were loud voices in heaven proclaiming, ″The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!″ New King James Version (NKJV) The Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″> New King James Version (NKJV) The Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″>Revelation 11:15).
New King James Version (NKJV) The Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″>Revelation 11:15).In the same manner that He left the planet via the clouds, He will return to the earth through the clouds when He returns.(When the sign of the Son of Man appears in heaven, all of the nations of earth will weep, and they will see the Son of Man descending from the clouds of heaven in great power and glory.New King James Version (NKJV) The Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″>Matthew 24:30; New King James Version (NKJV) The Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″> Now, after He had spoken these things, while they were looking on, He was lifted up into a cloud and removed from their sight.″Men of Galilee, why are you standing here staring up into heaven?″ questioned two men dressed in white who stood by them as He ascended.
It will be the same Jesus who was carried up from you into heaven who will return in the same manner in which you witnessed Him ascend into heaven.″ Acts 1:9-11 in the New King James Version (NKJV) of the Holy Bible, New King James Version, published in 1982 by Thomas Nelson″>Acts 1:9-11 in the New King James Version (NKJV).Although many 21st-century Christians have been taught that Jesus Christ would return in secret before the time of tribulation in order to take the believers to heaven, the Bible does not support this view.(See the article ″Will There Be a Secret Rapture?″ for more information.) Because, as we will see, the Bible does not predict a covert near-return for Jesus; instead, it predicts a highly visible return to the surface of the world.
False reports of Jesus’ location
- Jesus stated that there would be false rumors before His return, claiming that He had already returned and was hiding in a hidden place, but that this would not happen.
- His warning was as follows: ″So if somebody comes to you and says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!″ or ‘There!,’ don’t believe it.
- Because fake christs and false prophets will arise and perform great feats and wonders in order to deceive, if at all possible, even the elect, the time has come.
- … In order to avoid being misled, do not trust statements such as ″Look, He is in the desert!″ or ″Look, He is in the inner chambers!″ when they are made to you.
- 24:23-26 (Matthew 24:23-26).
When Jesus does return, He will do it ″in great power and great glory″ (verse 30), and ″every eye will see Him″ (verse 31).(Revelation 1:7).His homecoming will be celebrated by ″all the tribes of the world,″ and it will be far from a secret.Surprisingly, however, they will not rejoice on the coming of their Savior, but will instead grieve him.It is predicted that when Jesus does return, He would do it ″with tremendous force and great glory,″ and ″every eye will see Him.″ His homecoming will be celebrated by ″all the tribes of the world,″ and it will be far from a secret.
It is possible that the deluded nations of the globe may band together to battle against the Son of God.
Where will the nations be gathered?
- The book of Revelation tells how the nations will be tricked into converging at Armageddon to prepare for ″the battle of that great day of God Almighty,″ which will take place on the last day of the world (Revelation 16:14-16).
- They will travel from this location northwest of Jerusalem to the Valley of Jehoshaphat, which is in the vicinity of Jerusalem itself (I will also gather all nations, and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; and I will enter into judgment with them there on account of My people, My heritage Israel, who they have scattered among the nations; and they have divided up My land.) The Holy Bible, New King James Version (NKJV) was published in 1982 by Thomas Nelson as the New King James Version (NKJV) ″> The following is an example of a formalized formalized formalized For I will collect all the nations to war against Jerusalem; the city will be captured, the homes will be rifled, and the women will be ravished, according to Joel 3:2.
- Half of the city will be taken into captivity, but the remaining population will not be separated from the rest of the city.
- The Holy Bible, New King James Version (NKJV) was published in 1982 by Thomas Nelson as the New King James Version (NKJV) ″>Zechariah 14:2) is a verse from the Bible.
- That is where the resurrected Jesus Christ will vanquish the combined armies of the entire world in a rapid and decisive manner (Revelation 19:11-21).
Where does the Bible say Jesus will return?
- ″Then the LORD will go forth and fight against those countries, just as He fights in the day of battle,″ says the prophet Zechariah, continuing the tale.
- He will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the eastern side, on that day″ (Zechariah 14:3-4, emphasis added).
- As a result of His resurrection from the dead and appearance to His disciples, Jesus ascended to heaven from the Mount of Olives, which was the place from where he ascended to heaven.
- ″Now when He had spoken these things, while they were looking on, He was lifted up into a cloud and removed from their sight.″ And while He was ascending, two men in white robes approached them and said, ‘Men of Galilee, why are you standing here looking up into heaven?’ It will be exactly the same Jesus who was carried up from you into heaven who will return in the identical manner in which you witnessed Him ascend into heaven.’ In the next day, they returned to Jerusalem from a nearby mountain named Olivet, which is approximately one day’s travel from Jerusalem.
- (Now, when He had spoken these things, while they were watching, He was lifted up into the clouds, and they were no longer able to see Him.
″Men of Galilee, why are you standing here staring up into heaven?″ questioned two men dressed in white who stood by them as He ascended.It will be the same Jesus who was carried up from you into heaven who will return in the same manner in which you witnessed Him ascend into heaven.″ Then they returned to Jerusalem from the peak known as Olivet, which is close to Jerusalem and a Sabbath-travel day’s from the city.Acts 1:9-12, New King James Version (NKJV) The Holy Bible, New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson″>Acts 1:9-12, New King James Version (NKJV) Jesus will return to the same spot on the world from where He first left it, according to the Bible.
Where does Jesus go from the Mount of Olives?
- Jesus’ good authority will expand across the world from that point on, bringing peace and plenty to all peoples and nations.
- He intends to establish Jerusalem as his capital.
- Micah predicts that the mountain of the LORD’s house will be erected on top of mountains and elevated above the hills in the later days, attracting people from all across the world.
- ″Come, let us ascend the mountain of the LORD, to the home of the God of Jacob,″ many countries will say.
- ″He will teach us His ways, and we will walk in His pathways,″ many nations will say.
Because the law will come forth from Zion, and the word of the LORD will come forth from Jerusalem″ (Micah 4:1-2).What a lovely time you’ll have then!- Jesus’ coming will certainly be the ″Best News Ever″ for those who believe!Pray for the arrival of that day as soon as possible!Make sure to read the articles in this area on the ″Kingdom of God″ if you want to understand more about God’s Kingdom.
a little about the author
- Mike Bennett works as an editorial content manager for the Church of God, a Worldwide Association, based in the Dallas-Fort Worth region.
- He oversees the Life, Hope & Truth website, Discern magazine, the Daily Bible Verse Blog, and the Life, Hope & Truth Weekly Newsletter.
- He also serves on the board of directors for Discern (including World Watch Weekly).
- A member of the Personal Correspondence team, he is privileged to respond to questions brought to Life, Hope & Truth by members of the public.
More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/ Read on for more information.