How to Fall in Love With Jesus
- ″Just as my Father has loved me, I have loved you as much as I have loved you.
- Now, please remain in my affection.″ 15:9 (John 15:9) (NIV) A friend of mine recommended a television show she was confident I would enjoy.
- I didn’t think it was particularly fascinating, but I decided to watch the first episode on her advice.
- As you could have guessed, I didn’t care for it.
- As a result, I decided not to watch it again.
Despite this, she begged that ″please give it another opportunity.″ ″I’m confident that you’ll enjoy it.″ Because I had faith in my friend, I decided to watch the following episode.That that occasion, something piqued my curiosity.So I went back and watched another episode, and I began to like the characters.They were outlandish and fascinating.More and more I became enamored with the show as I continued to watch it.My pal was absolutely correct!
- I had dismissed the show based on my first impressions, but after getting to know the characters and the tale, I became completely engrossed.
- Isn’t this the case with a lot of things in life?
- We are quick to pass judgment on things, confident that we will not enjoy them – whether it’s music, a book, cuisine, or people.
- This then becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy due to the fact that no one ever actually gets to know what they are judging in the outset.
- This is something Jesus can be like as well.
- Our season of commemorating Jesus’ birth has just come to an end, and for some, seeing Jesus as a baby in a manger is the closest they can get to experiencing him.
- Perhaps the adult Jesus appears to be a little too fierce, too demanding, or too narrow-minded.
- Because of this, it is simpler to maintain a distance from Him.
- However, if we keep Jesus at a distance, we will never be able to get to know Him.
- And if we don’t come to know Him, we won’t be able to love Him as He deserves.
- If we want to take faith from our minds to our hearts, we must first fall in love with Jesus and then with each other.
- We must first get to know Jesus before we can fall in love with Him.
Not only on the surface, but on a deeper level.Achieving that level of expertise requires time and dedication, just like any successful relationship.To dwell in Jesus’ love, we must rest, stop, and not rush through it, as he has instructed.″’As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you,’ Jesus declared in John 15:9.Now, please remain in my affection.″ Many of us believe that loving Jesus is synonymous with obeying.Obedience is unquestionably an element of demonstrating our love for Him; even Jesus stated as much.
What Jesus desires, on the other hand, is our affections, our feelings, and the longing of our hearts.What is the best way to get there?For many years, my religious beliefs were purely intellectual.
- I was aware of who Jesus was, thought He was the Son of God who died on the cross for my sins, and made the decision to follow Him.
- I read the Bible and tried everything I could to make wise decisions.
- My faith, on the other hand, had always been a formality.
- Everything changed when I came to know Jesus as a genuine person, rather than as a figure to be studied and analyzed.
When I read about Jesus standing by a disgraced woman, daring the self-righteous to accuse her, I pictured Him doing the same for me, and I fell in love with Him much more than that.I imagined Jesus standing at a well, talking to a lady who was rejected by everyone, and I enjoyed the thought of Him talking to me despite the potential rumors.The fact that Jesus stopped and cured a woman who had touched His cloak in faith and was healed gave me confidence that He would stop for me, and I adored Him for it.When Jesus faced false charges, was betrayed by His friends, was rejected by His own, was beaten, killed, and even experienced His Father’s face being turned away in order for me to be free from the curse of sin, I grew to love Him even more.He was my Savior.I could go on and on about this.
However, there is one reality that we must embrace: Jesus is real, and He loves us.There are a plethora of reasons to adore Him.To be able to experience His love and return it, we must first come to understand Him.You should get to know Him.
- Will you join me as we approach the beginning of a new year in our pursuit of a deeper understanding of Jesus?
- Thank You, Lord, for loving me first and foremost.
- Please accept my gratitude for sending Your Son to me so that I can come to know You as more than a distant God, but as someone I can love and cherish as a friend.
Please help me to get to know You better and to love You more.In the name of Jesus, Amen.
TRUTH FOR TODAY:
- In the same way that I have been loved by the Father, I have loved you as well.
- Stay in my affection for the time being.″ John 15:9 is a verse from the Bible that states that (NIV) Someone I know recommended a television show she thought I’d enjoy, and she was absolutely correct.
- However, on her advice, I decided to watch the first episode, despite my disinterest.
- I didn’t care for it, as you could have guessed.
- In the end, I decided not to re-watch it.
Her response was firm: ″Please give it another opportunity.″ The book is fantastic, and I know you’ll enjoy it.″ I decided to watch the following episode since I had faith in my friend’s recommendations.Something piqued my curiosity at the moment.So I went back and watched another episode, and I began to like the characters more.You couldn’t take your eyes off them.More and more I became enamored with the program as time went on.My buddy was correct in his assessment.
- I had dismissed the show based on my first impressions, but after getting to know the characters and the plot, I became completely engrossed in the storyline.
- What if this is true for a variety of reasons?
- Music, books, food, and people all elicit strong negative reactions from us, and we are quick to pass judgment.
- As a result, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy since we never truly know what we are judging in the first place.
- Even Jesus has the ability to be such a person.
- Our season of commemorating Jesus’ birth has just come to an end, and for some, seeing Jesus as a newborn in a manger is the closest they can get to seeing him as he truly was as an infant.
- The grown-up Jesus may come out as overbearing, uncompromising, or even narrow-minded.
- This makes keeping one’s distance from Him much simpler.’″ However, if we keep Jesus at a distance, we will never be able to get to know Him properly.
- And if we don’t come to know Him, we won’t be able to love Him as we should.
- In order to take faith from our minds to our hearts, we must fall head over heels in love with Christ.
- First, we must get to know Jesus in order to fall in love with Him.
- In a way that is more than just cosmetic.
Like any successful relationship, gaining this type of understanding requires time and effort on your part.To dwell in Jesus’ love, we must rest, stop, and not hurry through it, as he has done.″’As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you,’″ He declared in John 15:9.Stay in my affection for the time being.″ Love for Jesus and obedience are two things that many of us associate with each other.After all, Jesus emphasized that obedience is an important component of demonstrating our love for Him.What Jesus desires, on the other hand, are our affections, our feelings, and the longing of our hearts.
What is the best method of transportation?Throughout my life, my religious beliefs were only a theoretical exercise.I recognized Jesus as the Messiah, realized He was the Son of God who died on the cross for my sins, and made the decision to follow Him.
- I spent time studying the Bible and making the best decisions I was able.
- The formality of my religion, on the other hand, was never in doubt.
- Seeing Jesus as a real person, rather than merely a figure to be studied, completely transformed my perspective on the world.
- Whenever I read about Jesus standing by a disgraced woman, defying the self-righteous to convict her, I envisioned Him doing the same for me, and I fell in love with Him immediately.
I imagined Jesus standing at a well, talking to a lady who was hated by everyone, and I enjoyed the thought of Him talking to me despite the whispers.The fact that Jesus stopped and cured a woman who had touched His cloak in faith and was healed gave me confidence that He would stop for me, and I adored Him as a result.The more Jesus faced false charges, was betrayed by His companions, was rejected by His own people, was beaten, killed, and even experienced His Father’s face being turned away so that I may be set free from the penalty of sin, the more my love for Him grew for Him.I could go on and on about this subject.However, there is one reality that we must embrace: Jesus is real, and He loves us.There are several reasons to adore Him.
Because we must know Him in order to be able to experience His love and return it.Him in his truest sense Will you join me in striving to know Jesus better as we approach the beginning of a new year?Thank You, Lord, for loving me first and putting others before yourself.Please accept my gratitude for sending Your Son to me so that I can come to know You as more than a distant God, but as someone I can love and care for as a friend.
- Become more familiar with me and more loved by me.
- In the name of Jesus, I pray.
- It might be difficult to discern how to love and live truly for Christ at times.
- This week marks the publication of Wendy Blight’s newest book, I Am Loved: Walking in the Fullness of God’s Love.
- It can assist you in identifying the areas of your life that are in desperate need of transformation as you encounter God’s love in a genuine and personal way.
- It also happens to be the next Online Bible Study!
- For additional information or to sign up for our forthcoming I Am Loved study, please visit this page.
If we want to find real soul rest in the arms of Jesus, even in the middle of our hectic life, we need to look no farther. Glynnis Whitwer’s newest book, Doing Busy Better, contains an excerpt from the opening chapter, which you may read here.
REFLECT AND RESPOND:
What is one thing that Jesus has done for you that has encouraged you to love Him more than ever? Glynnis Whitwer’s 2017 year in review. All intellectual property rights are retained.
Get Proverbs 31 inspiration in your mailbox daily!
To read a sample, please visit this page.
Seeing Jesus in the Old Testament by Lysa TerKeurst and Joel Muddamalle
Embrace the truth-filled promises God has for you, even when others have abandoned you, with tangible ways to experience His provision and protection right now.
Read on to find out more All rights reserved by Proverbs 31 Ministries 2022. Copyright 2022 Proverbs 31 Ministries Policy Regarding Personal Information
What Does it Actually Mean When Someone Says ‘I’m Falling in Love with Jesus’?
- I’m in love with someone.
- When you hear those words, what is the first thing that springs to mind?
- If you’re anything like me, you have a mental image of that particular someone who makes your heart skip a beat.
- If you’re single, it could instill a sense of possibility or desire in your heart about what might be.
- If you’ve been married for a long time, it’s possible that this will cause you to reflect on ″the good old days,″ when you first felt those initial sparks between you and your spouse.
However, falling in love with Jesus is probably not the first thing that comes to mind when you think about it.And I understand what you’re saying.I used to be the little girl when I was younger.the one that runs around the playground chasing after all the lads and asks them to be her boyfriend I was thrilled at the prospect of meeting my prince charming and falling ″in love″ with him, just like all of the Disney princesses I had grown up seeing in those animated masterpieces.I wished I could be someone’s special someone.and for them to consider themselves my.
- I grew up in a Christian home and have always admired Jesus.
- However, I never considered Him to be the one who could satisfy that need in my heart.
- He seemed more remote, invisible, and, in a sense, similar to those cartoon princes I used to watch on television when I was a kid.
- a fictional figure in a tale It’s likely that many of my friends and others who came before us felt the same way about Jesus to some degree as we do now.
- However, in recent years, there has been an emphasis on Christians getting to know Jesus on a personal level.
- to fall head over heels in love with Him But what exactly does that imply in practice?
What Does it Mean to Fall in Love with Jesus?
- According to Wikipedia, ″falling in love″ is defined as the development of intense sentiments of connection and affection, which are generally directed towards another person.
- Falling in love is a metaphor that emphasizes that the process, like the actual act of falling, is abrupt, uncontrollable, and leaves the lover in a vulnerable position, akin to the expressions ″fall ill″ and ″fall into a trap.″ It is also a metaphor for falling in love.
- While I believe that this term might be applicable in some situations, I must contend that not all ″falling in love″ occurrences are instantaneous and unpredictable in their progression.
- As a result, I’d like to point you another word from the Urban Dictionary that applies to some of those love connections that evolve through time: ″He or she will be the first thing that comes to mind when you wake up and the last thing that comes to mind when you fall asleep.
- Throughout the day, you will be thinking about him or her continuously.
You may feel your heart skip a beat when he/she grins at you.Once you see him or her, your eyes are riveted to him or her, and you can’t seem to move your gaze away from him or her…″ When I go back to the time when I first fell in love with my spouse, these are the things that come to mind.However, to be quite honest, as time has progressed, those occurrences have gotten less prevalent.It’s not because my feelings for him have waned.In fact, it is becoming deeper with each passing day.as a result, it started me thinking.
- I made the decision to invite a group of Bible study buddies to tell me two facts about themselves.
- For starters, they discussed what they were looking for in a husband when they were in their twenties, and for the second, they discussed what they value most about their husbands now that they are in their thirties Moreover, guess what?
- In their responses, the Lord revealed all of the reasons why He is so deserving of being fallen in love with and remaining in love with for the rest of one’s life.
- Y’all, these ladies were in their twenties and hoped to find love with someone who was fun, loved to laugh with them, was handsome, and who shared their life experiences with them.
- a buddy as well as a lover In their 40s, they would advise young women to search for someone who will be a provider, an assister, a communicator, an attentive listener who ″gets them,″ someone to make them feel wanted and loved, and someone who will keep them in line (or at least in check).
- Because those are the characteristics that they value the most in their wives right now.
- I realized as I read both lists that the second one, which was created after 20 years of ″being in love,″ may include some of the answers to our query.
- As you can see, these women are looking for more than just a sensation.
- They desire a relationship that is personal, known, practical, and intimate.
- And while their wives offer them with those things on a temporary basis, only Jesus can provide them with all of those things continuously, without fail, and for all of eternity.
- And why it’s so simple to fall in love with Him in the first place.
So What Does the Bible Say about ‘Falling in Love with Jesus’?
- While the Bible does not specifically say ″falling in love with Jesus,″ it does guide us in the direction of what love is (1 Cor.
- 13), how we should love others (Mark 12:31), and, most significantly, how Jesus loves us (John 3:16).
- (John 15:9).
- When we look at the list of sweet women above, it serves as a beautiful reminder that Jesus is the only One who can be everything to us, who can fulfill every role and longing in our hearts, and that He is the only One who can do so.
- A lot of the time, when we are young, love is felt, given, and received in ways that are quite different from the initial ″butterfly in our stomach″ sentiments (think Five Love Languages) we aspire to experience in the future.
Our close and personal love for our wives is not diminished in any way by this realization.It will not be the case with Jesus.He embodies all of these qualities and more: A Provider is a person who provides services.The same God who looks after me will provide for all of your needs out of his great treasures, which have been given to us through Christ Jesus.Philippians 4:19 New International Version An Assistant ″Therefore, let us approach the throne of our gracious God with confidence.In that place, we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to assist us when we are in the greatest need.″ Hebrews 4:16 is a passage of scripture.
- A Communicator″Long ago, God communicated to our forefathers in many different ways and at many different periods via the prophets.
- As a result, in these latter days, he has communicated with us via his Son.″ NLT translation of Hebrews 1:1-2.
- ″Because he leans down to listen, I shall pray for as long as I have breath!″ says the listener.
- Psalm 116:2 New International Version One who cares for our souls″Long ago, the Lord spoke to Israel, telling them, ″I have loved you, my people, with a love that will continue forever.″ ″I have attracted you to me out of an unwavering affection.″ Jeremiah 31:3 New Living Translation A Responsibilities and Accountability Partner ″If you love me, you will obey my commands.″ John 14:15 (New Living Translation).
- After considering all of this, what could possibly prevent people from falling in love with Jesus?
- For many, it’s the ″how″ that gets in the way of their goals.
- So let’s see if we can’t figure it out together.
How to Fall in Love with Jesus
When it comes to earthly relationships, falling in love is frequently dependent on the who, what, when, where, and other details.The ideal moment and location are yet awaited.With Jesus, on the other hand, He’s already there, you guys.He is present, simply waiting for you to reach out to Him and take hold of a love that is far better than anything you could ever dream for yourself.For a minute, an hour, or a day, there was none.However, it is an eternity.
The most amazing thing about Jesus is that He meets us right where we are at our lowest point.For those of you who are yearning for the more practical duties of love stated above, as well as those who are searching for a deep, intimate love that is full of emotion, He is all of those things, my friends.Jesus has been the same yesterday, today, and forever (John 10:30).(Heb.13:8).
He is capable of exceeding all expectations without fear of being let down.Jeremiah 1:5 says He is the Creator of all things, and as such, He is the God of the Universe who understands us inside and out.We are drawn to His side by His perfect love, which wipes all fear (1 John 4:18) and pulls us to Himself (John 6:44).
So, what exactly is keeping you from achieving your goals?If you are having difficulty deciding whether or not you are ready to know Jesus more intimately.fall in love with the One who has the most feelings for you.
- Consider some of the factors listed below that may be preventing you from reaching your full potential: Choose Love over Fear whenever possible.
- Fear is a very powerful emotion.
- It may be a difficult thing to deal with at times.
And Satan employs it on a regular basis in order to prevent us from experiencing everything that the Lord has in store for us.It might be out of dread of being ridiculed, abandoned, hurt, or rejected that he whispers in your ear, ″You’re not enough.″ You’re not a likable person.You’re not welcome here.
- ″And you’ll never be one of them.″ That, however, is a fabrication straight from the depths of hell, my dear friends.
- When you hear such murmurs, you should pay attention.
- When you hear those lies, you should not believe them.
- Invoke the name of the One who has triumphed in order for Him to assist you in your battle.
- Declare out loud, in the name of Jesus, that you will not be deceived by their falsehoods.
- ″For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and clear mind,″ says the apostle Paul.
2 Timothy 1:7 (New International Version).Make a decision about who you are.We find ourselves torn between two realities on a regular basis.This is our physical home.
- as well as our heavenly one still to come.
- However, if you sincerely choose to fall in love with Jesus and get to know Him intimately, You must select a side, and you must do it more sincerely than you have ever done before.
- ″Do not be in love with this world or the things it has to give you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you.
″ Because the world only provides a longing for bodily pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and a sense of pride in our accomplishments and material goods.The Father has nothing to do with them, as they are of this world.And this world, together with all that people desire, is disappearing into thin air.Anyone, on the other hand, who performs what is pleasing to God will live eternally.″ 1 John 2:15-17 (New International Version).Open Your Heart to a Love That Is Unlike Anything Else.as well as Recognize This, I believe, is the most significant of the many reasons why we are afraid to ″go all in″ with the Lord.
- When Jesus was seated with the Woman at the Well and He asked her for a drink, she responded by saying she didn’t understand how He, as a Jew, could ask her, a Samaritan, for something to drink.
- Nevertheless, He said, ″If you only understood the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would come to me and I would provide you with living water″ (John 4:10 NLT).
- Oh, y’all, if only we had known.
- There is a love that is deep and vast, as well as joyous, serene, and certain.
- We can’t even fathom what that would be like.
- And all too often, we reject it in favor of an imperfect, worldly love that we will never be able to fully abide in.
Make a thorough investigation of His Word.Pray as you’ve never prayed before.For a love like you’ve never known before, pray that He may show Himself to you in greater and more complete ways.
- And keep your distance from His side.
- ″I have loved you in the same way that the Father has loved me.
- Be still and know that I am with you.
- As long as you follow my commandments, you will be able to abide in my love, just as I have followed my Father’s commands and been able to remain in his love.
- ″I have told these things to you in order that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
- ″ John 15:9-11 (New Living Translation).
- Friends, please accept my heartfelt greetings.
- When someone claims they are ″falling in love with Jesus,″ they are diving underneath the surface of religion and appearances, and even just ″going to church on Sunday,″ to find and come to know the One who loves them more profoundly than they can comprehend.
- They are pleading with Him to provide for them, to assist them, to communicate to them, to listen to their hearts, to love them unconditionally, and to assist them in living like He does.
- In choosing faith over fear, individuals are demonstrating their confidence in both the things that they hope to see and the things that they do not see (Hebrews 11:1 NLT).
- They are putting their faith in Jesus rather than in things of this world.
And they are on a quest to learn everything there is to know about the One who made them, loves them, saved them, and will never abandon them.I hope you will as well.Photograph courtesy of Getty Images/Davizro Maggie Meadows Cooper is a wife, mother, educator, author, and blogger who has a deep desire to see women develop in their love for Jesus and for one another.Currently, she is working on a children’s book titled ″Bumper,″ and she also writes at The Little Moments about the lessons the Lord is teaching her through her children and daily life.She writes to a number of Christian women’s blogs, including Blogs by Christian Women, Devotional Diva, She Disciples, and Connecting Ministries.
- As an educator with a Master of Education in Early Childhood Education from Auburn University (War Eagle!
- ), she has over twenty years of experience working with children in the preschool and kindergarten settings.
- She adores all things chocolate and authentic Coca-Cola, and she resides in Opelika, Alabama, with her husband, three children, and two rowdy dogs with whom she shares her home.
15 Tips for Falling More in Love with Jesus
The church of Ephesus is addressed by Jesus in the second chapter of the book of Revelation.Despite the fact that He praises them for their judgment in choosing leaders and for their endurance in the face of adversity, He expresses his displeasure by saying, ″Yet I hold this against you: You have deserted the love you had at originally″ (Revelation 2:4).Not that we will just fall out of love with Jesus, but that we will fall out of love with Him in a more profound way.If the matter were as straightforward as whether one loved or did not love Jesus, that would be one thing.However, after time, other passions grow to supplant His presence.We lose sight of him as the object of our affections, and we are completely unaware that this has happened.
We’ve compiled a list of 15 disciplines and activities that can help you keep Jesus as your first love throughout your life.
1. Surround yourself with others who love Jesus
The author of Hebrews advises his readers not to abandon the practice of getting together in small groups.Why?In so that ″we may encourage one another to love and good acts,″ as it says in Hebrews 10:24–25.Healthy Christian community is a discipline that is both encouraging and life-giving.When our admiration for Jesus begins to wane, we must remember that love is far simpler to catch than it is to teach.And we pick it up by spending time with folks who have a genuine love for the Lord and for one another.
It follows that, if Paul is correct that ″bad company corrupts excellent character″ (1 Corinthians 15:33), then the converse is also true.Good company promotes positive character development.Most of the attitudes and tendencies of those around us are picked up on by us as we go about our daily lives.In order to fall more deeply in love with Jesus, it makes sense to spend time with those who are also seeking to do the same.
2. Commit to consistent Bible reading
You were probably expecting this proposal, weren’t you?God’s love, character, and plan are all communicated to us via His Word.It stands to reason that if we desire to become closer to Jesus, we should devote time to reading the Scripture.However, keep your eye on the prize.In order to better understand and love Jesus at a time of spiritual growth, read passages of Scripture that are focused on who He is and what He came to do.Take a look at the Gospels.
Passages like Philippians 2:1–11 or Colossians 1:15–23 should be memorized.However, while the Bible is inerrant and profitable (2 Timothy 3:16–17), and it all eventually points to Jesus, reorienting one’s life around the work and message of Jesus can be particularly beneficial.
3. Pray without ceasing
Paul exhorts the congregation in Thessalonica to pray constantly and without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).In addition, while it’s a good idea to set out a specific amount of time in the morning to pray, it’s critical that we make prayer a perfectly natural part of our regular lives.As you go about your day, try to respond to situations by turning them into little mini-prayer sessions.In times of frustration or anxiety, turn to the Lord and pray for his help to strengthen and empower you.It is important to make it a habit to bring Jesus into your everyday activities and experiences in order to remind yourself of your dependency on Him.
4. Remember His presence
Not only is Jesus with us at all times, but He also resides inside us through the Holy Spirit, which is a gift from God.The difficulty is that humans have a terrible capacity for forgetting.We are frequently unaware that the very God of the universe is with us in our greatest and darkest moments, and we are often unaware of it.The creation of simple means of reminding oneself that Christ is there with you at all times is an enormously beneficial practice.Perhaps it is strategically placing Post-It Notes in key locations where you will come across them during the day.Alternatively, it might be as easy as setting alarms on your phone or watch that chime every couple of hours as a simple reminder to get up and go.
Living in the presence of the Lord consists primarily on remembering that He is present.
5. Find ways to serve others
In the Parable of the Sheep and the Goats, Jesus distinguishes between the good sheep and the bad goats based on their deeds of kindness toward others.According to Him, every glass of water they offered to someone who was thirsty or every stitch of clothes they provided to the naked was a kindness they performed for Him.It was as He put it to them: ″Whatever you did for one the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, whatever you did for me″ (Matthew 25:40).It should go without saying that if you want to instill more good thoughts toward someone, you should just begin doing pleasant things for them.When we help others, we experience a transformation inside ourselves.It is our attitude toward them that is beginning to change.
Thankfully, through helping others, we are also serving Jesus.This is wonderful news.The knowledge of this changes even the most little acts of service, because it aligns our hearts with God’s will.
6. Take time to be quiet
Our senses are constantly being assaulted throughout the day.We live in a loud society that distracts us, stresses us out, and causes us to feel anxious and fearful of the future.Consider the last time you were able to spend a significant amount of time disconnected and simply appreciating the stillness of your surroundings.I’m not sure how long ago that was.What was the duration of the event?The human brain was not designed to be continually stimulated, and if we are to have a genuine relationship with Jesus, we must make the decision to let the tumultuous rivers in our hearts and minds to calm down and become still.
The Bible’s command to ″Be quiet and know that I am God″ (Psalm 46:10) and ″I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the world″ (Isaiah 40:31) must be taken seriously (Psalm 46:10).
7. Confess your sin
It is difficult to walk with Jesus when there is unconfessed sin on one’s shoulders.Not only does it chew at us on a continuous basis, but we also become preoccupied with keeping it hidden from others.It creates a barrier between ourselves and God, and it makes joyous Christian living a difficult undertaking.As 1 John writes: ″If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have communion with one another; and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin,″ we can have fellowship with one another and be purified from all sin (1 John 1:7).The phrase ″walking in the light″ simply refers to leading lives that are open and honest.We’re going to make a mess of things.
When it comes to admitting our faults to God and to one another, we must be diligent if we desire to walk in the light.When we’re honest about our faults, Jesus is always willing to forgive us and forget about them.Furthermore, walking with Him is once again a pleasure.
8. Be thankful
When we express our thankfulness, something extraordinary occurs.It has a profound impact on our way of thinking.They become second nature when we repeatedly engage in specific types of cognition.The more we allow ourselves to fall into a cynical and negative mindset, the more we will notice that we see everything through a disapproving lens.However, the converse is also true.When we practice gratitude, our eyes are suddenly awakened to all of the goodness that exists in our life.
The wonderful thing about viewing the world through the lens of appreciation is that it directs our gaze toward Jesus, the provider of all good things in our lives.
9. Read deeply and widely
Thousands of years have elapsed since Jesus walked among us on our planet.The kindness of God has been found by people from every continent and from every walk of life, and they have given Him their lives.Therefore, a multitude of knowledge and anecdotes on what it looks like to love Jesus are available online.Don’t limit yourself to reading only the best-selling novels by the newest Christian authors.Examine some of the most classic Christian literature.Seek out works written by Christians from various cultural backgrounds.
Being able to see Jesus through the eyes of diverse people and situations elevates the Lord and allows you to see elements of His might and goodness that you would otherwise never see or experience otherwise.
10. Share generously
Stewardship is a crucial Christian idea that must not be overlooked.It essentially informs us that everything belongs to the Lord, and that we are only stewards of His creation.When we look out over a magnificent landscape, we’re gazing at land that belongs to God and that He expects us to maintain for Him.When we talk to our children, we’re talking to individuals who have entrusted us with the responsibility of caring for them.The same may be said about our things and financial resources.When we truly believe that our riches ultimately belong to Jesus, we are presented with the question of how we are going to use those assets to further the advancement of God’s kingdom on earth.
You won’t feel resentful or bitter as you begin to live a generous life, which is a wonderful thing to have happen in your life.In fact, it’s the inverse: you grow more conscious of Jesus’ supply and care for you.
11. Watch films that depict Jesus’s ministry
While reading the Gospels is important, connecting with biblical stories through other forms of media may have a profound influence on you in unexpected ways.As an example, listening to an auditory rendition of John’s Gospel might have a very different impact on you than simply reading it.Another fantastic method to see Jesus’ life and mission from a completely different viewpoint is via the medium of film.Movies may provide a feeling of drama that is lacking when reading the words alone, as well as bringing the event to life for the audience member.Watch ″JESUS″ (from the Gospel of Luke) or ″Life of Jesus″ (from the Gospel of John) for free today and see if it doesn’t give you a whole different perspective.In the film ″Magdalena,″ you may also see Jesus’ life from the point of view of Mary of Magdalene.
12. Share your testimony
Your religious journey has been quite strong.When you share your own Jesus story with others, it has the potential to make a tremendous impact on them.It’s difficult to disagree with someone who is sharing their own personal experience with you.This is why your testimony can be such a powerful weapon when it comes to sharing your religion with other people.Another benefit of sharing your experience is that it keeps it fresh in the minds of those who hear it.It serves as a reminder of the moments when Jesus has come through for you and your family.
If you don’t have a spot where you can go to rehearse your spiritual journey, it’s easy to lose sight of the things that drew you to Jesus in the first place.
13. Get out in nature
Nature has a calming effect on the mind and spirit.When combined with stillness and thought, it has the potential to be both therapeutic and healing.For Christians, there is the extra benefit of being able to recognize the Creator who is at the heart of creation.Nature not only soothes and rejuvenates us, but it also causes us to burst into song in praise of the God who created such a lovely and wondrous world.Investigate whether any natural environment has this impact on you.If you live in a city, you may need to find a park or make arrangements for periodic vacations out of town to get some fresh air.
You can utilize your time in nature to do some of the other activities on this list, such as pray, read, confess, and recall, if you are fortunate enough to have the opportunity.
14. Ask for a revelation of His love
Paul prays the most beautiful prayer in his letter to the Ephesians: And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God (Ephesians 3:17b–19; NASB).Paul prays for the church at Ephesus to have a revelation of Christ’s love, because it is the only way they would be able to comprehend it fully in the future.As he puts it, it is ″beyond human comprehension.″ It may, however, make a significant impact in your walk if God reveals to you how broad, long, high, and deep Jesus’ love is.
15. Make choices that draw you closer to Christ
To view of life as merely consisting of good or bad choices is a simple way of thinking about it.As long as something is not harmful, it must be beneficial.Right?No, not at all.″I have the right to do whatever,″ you say, but not everything is useful, as Paul argues to the church in Corinth.″I have the right to do whatever,″ you could think, but not everything is beneficial (1 Corinthians 10:23).
In order to preserve a passionate relationship with Jesus, we must frequently make decisions that go beyond just determining if an action or activity is good or evil.The fundamental issue that mature Christians must ask themselves is whether or not their decisions are bringing them closer to Jesus or whether they are serving to divert them from Him.
Tending the fire
It’s practically hard to go through the motions while yet maintaining our devotion to Christ and his gospel.We must tend the fire in the same way as a residence heated by a wood stove must.Making a conscious effort to fall deeper in love with Jesus is essential if you want to progress in your relationship with him.We must be cognizant of the propensity for our ardour to wane with time and make deliberate decisions to keep the flames blazing as long as possible.On the subject of love, the Bible has a great deal to say about it.If you’re interested in learning more, check out 20 Bible Verses About Love.
Falling In Love With Jesus – My One Comfort
This is the ideal time of year to fall head over heels in love with Jesus.In a little time, we will be celebrating His birth, which will be quickly followed by the greatest act of love, His self-sacrifice on the cross.This is a season in which we may grow in our knowledge and love of Jesus.Just as we fall more and more in love with our wives every day, we should make it a priority to fall more and more in love with Jesus as well.We will never get to know Jesus if we keep Him at arm’s length from our lives.And how can we possible arrive to a state of totally and completely loving Him if we don’t spend time getting to know Him?
Similarly to how we fall more and more in love with our wives every day, we should make it a goal to fall more and more in love with Jesus.data-image-caption=″″ data-medium-file=″ data-large-file=″ data-image-caption=″″ data-large-file=″ data-pin-title=″Falling in Love With Jesus″ data-pin-content=″Falling in Love With Jesus″ data-pin-content=″Falling in Love With Jesus″ data-pin-content=″Falling in Love With Jesus″ src=″data:image/svg+xml, percent 3Csvg percent 20xmlns=’ src=″data:image/svg+xml, percent 3Csvg percent 20xmlns=’ alt=″Fall in Love with Jesus″ title=″Fall in Love with Jesus″ width: 467px; height: 701px; data-pin-description=″Just as we fall more and more in love with our wives each day, we should make it a priority to fall more and more in love with Jesus.″ jesusspiritualgrowthfalllove″ is an abbreviation.data-lazy-srcset= ″ 683, 200, 640, 735 watts data-lazy-sizes=″(max-width: 467px) 100vw, 467px″ data-lazy-sizes=″(max-width: 467px) 100vw, 467px Notice that this post may include affiliate links; please see my complete disclaimer here for more information.data-recalc-dims=″1″ data-lazy-src=″
Why Falling In Love With Jesus is Important
A warm, pleasant, and personal connection with Jesus is what Jesus desires for us.Every instant of every day, He desires for us to learn how to actually walk with Him and connect with Him in every moment of our lives.Jesus is great, because he loves us unconditionally even when we don’t deserve to be loved.He is a real friend who recognizes and accepts all of our imperfections while still loving us and choosing to stay in a relationship with us.Jesus speaks ″I love you″ from the highest peaks of the earth.He died in order to demonstrate to you how much He cares for you in the most unfathomable way.
He died on the cross for a sinner like me, the worst of the worst, in order for me to be redeemed and restored to God’s family of believers (Romans 5:8).To be saved, all we have to do is trust Him with all of our hearts, minds, and souls.Once we have accepted Jesus’ gift of salvation, He desires for us to develop in our relationship with Him and to fall more in love with Him as time passes.During our journey with Jesus, He provides us with the skills we need to act out His calling on our life.
Bible Verses About Falling In Love with Jesus
It’s true that Jesus exists, and He loves us with an unwavering love.When we genuinely comprehend how much He gave up for us on the cross, it is impossible not to fall more in love with the Messiah.Because He first loved us, it is so simple to love Him.No one or nothing can stand in the way of his love, which is both profound and unconditional.God’s love for His people is unwavering, flawless, and unwaveringly persistent.Jesus should be our primary focus, and we should keep our eyes on the goal (Hebrews 12:2).
He is the actual source of our happiness and fulfillment.He provides us with consolation when we are in need.We should pray to Him on a regular basis, pleading with Him to provide us with the drive to study the Bible, learn about Him, and nurture and strengthen our connection with Him, among other things.Deuteronomy 7:9 states that Keep in mind that your God is Yahweh your God, the steadfast God who has kept His gracious covenant faithfulness for a thousand generations with people who love Him and obey His laws.
In the words of Psalm 36:7, ″God, Your unfailing love is so precious that people seek refuge in the shadow of Your wings.″ Psalm 86:5: For You, Lord, are kind and willing to forgive, abundant in faithful love to those who come to You in repentance and confidence.Psalm 136:26 says, ″Give thanks to the Lord, your God!″ His affection is unending.The Bible says in John 3:16 that God so loved the world that He sent His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him would not perish but will have eternal life with Him.
Corinthians 13:4-7 (NIV): Love is gentle and patient, and it is patient with you.Loving does not have any of these characteristics: it is not envious, boastful or egotistical; it does not act badly; it is not selfish; it is never provoked; and it does not keep track of wrongs.Unrighteousness does not bring joy to love, but truth brings delight to love.
- It endures all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and suffers all things with patience and dignity.
- Nevertheless, God demonstrates His own love for us in that Christ died for us while we were still sinners (Romans 5:8a).
- The apostle Paul writes in Galatians 2:20, ″I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.″ It is by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and offered Himself for me that I live the life I am currently experiencing in the body.
1 John 4:7-8 (NIV): Cherishing each other, since love comes from God, and everyone who loves has been born of God and has come to know the God who created them.Because God is love, the one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.1 Jesus said in John 4:18 that perfect love drives away fear since fear implies punishment, and so perfect love is the opposite of fear.
- As a result, the person who is afraid has not attained perfection in love.
- Psalm 85:10 says that faithful love and truth will unite, and justice and peace will embrace one another.
- John 15:9 says, ″As the Father has loved me, I have loved you as well.″ Continue to be in My love.
- The love of Jesus never changes.
- It’s a never-ending cycle.
- So, what can we do to renew our love for Jesus on a regular basis?
** The English Standard Version Study Bible is used to compile all of the Bible verses.
How To Fall In Love with Jesus
Before you can truly fall in love with someone, you must first get to know them on a personal level.Love is more than simply a sensation; it is a decision that you make on a daily basis to be with someone.You choose to meet with Him and think about Him throughout the day, you choose to show up even when you don’t want to, and you choose to sacrifice your own sense of self in order to benefit the other person or people.This type of connection needs patience and perseverance.Jesus urges us to be in love with Him again and over again throughout His teachings (1 John 4:16).
Build a Relationship with Jesus
It is possible to know about Jesus in your brain, but this is far different from having a personal, sincere connection with Him.The first step in accomplishing this is to set your objective and direct your attention on Jesus.You have to go to where God is and put yourself in His presence in order to be blessed.Through His sacrifice on the cross, He has extended an invitation to us to have a personal connection with the Father.Because He is alive, your relationship with Him has the potential to be full of life!A one-sided relationship with Jesus is not possible.
Just like any other relationship, you must put in the necessary effort and time to ensure that it is built on a firm basis.We must make it our life’s aim to be in a close connection with Him in order to really follow His will, live out His calling, and experience the freedom, pleasure, and serenity that He has to give us.Choose to think that you may have a relationship with Jesus that is both accessible and meaningful on a daily basis!
Slow Down and Rest
Sometimes, in our haste to get through life, we lose out on opportunities to witness Jesus at work in our lives.The road to a more intimate connection with Jesus is not easy to travel at breakneck speed.We require silence and consolation with Jesus from time to time.Jesus urges us to hand over our responsibilities to Him in order to discover the rest that only He can provide.In order to come before Him and drop all of our anxieties at His feet, He invites us to do so.Take some time to check in with God and discern His will for your life.
He is our first and most important love, and he should be the center of our lives.Take pleasure in taking it easy and being in His presence.He want for you to be aware of how much He cares for you by having everyday communion with Him.He is a source of strength for those who are in need.
Dive Deeper Into the Word
As previously said, the Bible provides us with a look into how we might fall even more in love with Jesus by following his example.It serves as a manual for how we might have a personal connection with Him..With each new level of immersion in the Scriptures, everything you have read will suddenly come to life for you.The Bible provides nourishment for our spirits – it provides food for us.Allow God’s Word to penetrate every aspect of your thoughts and emotions.We require wisdom, and the Bible is replete with it.
Reading the Bible, you will see that everything points to Jesus and the life He led in order for us to be able to follow in His footsteps.It is lucrative and prepares you for any worthwhile activity that you do.But, most importantly, it will assist you in seeing God’s goodness and learning to appreciate all that is good and lovely.
God created us to be a part of a community and to associate with one another.We are hardwired to crave social interaction and connection with other people.When you locate a community of believers – whether it is a church, a life group, or a bible study – you will be able to witness God’s goodness at work in and through them.He intended for us to progress spiritually as a group.He desires for us to live in community with others in order to demonstrate His unconditional love and to fully embrace one another.It is all of us, flawed and forgiven individuals, who are striving to love more like Jesus.
So as long as you continue to show up and remain dedicated, you will eventually come to know the love of God for which you have been longing.You will learn more about God, feel encouraged, and fall even more in love with Him if you are able to connect with others and meet individuals who can support you.
Prayer for Falling In Love with Jesus
Every day brings a fresh chance for you to deepen your connection with Jesus, so take advantage of it.And the more the presence of Jesus in your life, the better equipped you will be to resist anything life throws at you.In the same way that He is at the core of your devotion, He will also be at the center of your heart.Thoughts that enter your mind will be subjected to the authority of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5).Learn to turn to Him in prayer through times of difficulty and stress, as well as to delight in Him at times of prosperity.He is completely trustworthy, especially when it comes to our affection.
Let me fall more and more in love with you every day, O Lord.″ I aspire to get to know you and be in a relationship with you as soon as possible.Lord, please show me the path.I pray that you would open the door to my heart and provide me with the strength to follow your commandments.Allow me to comprehend the love you shown on the cross in order for me to be brought into a relationship with you.
Dear Father, I long to return home and be soothed by your presence.″In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.″ Today, I dare you to fall even more in love with Jesus than you already are.How are you pursuing your connection with Jesus with zeal and determination?
Join the Community!
Fill out the form below to get all you need to know about faith, relationships, and lifestyle given directly to your inbox.
How To Fall More Deeply In Love with Jesus
- When I’m walking the Christian path, there are times when I feel very close to Jesus. I’m head over heels in love with Him at the moment. Other times I feel dry, as if He is far away—or perhaps it is I who is far away from Him at those times. ″Lord, please allow me to fall even more passionately in love with you,″ I pray frequently. I’m sure you’ve experienced such kinds of experiences as well. We desire to love Jesus with all of our hearts, souls, and minds, just as He has said, with everything we are and everything we have (Matthew 22:37). But how do you do it? How do we renew love on a regular basis so that our emotions don’t get numb to one another? Before I go into my recommendations, we must acknowledge that our connection with Jesus will have ebbs and flows since we are all human. Please allow me to be clear. His affection for us never wanes. His love is without flaws. Ours, on the other hand, is a different tale. We will ″feel″ closer to Jesus at times than we will at other times. When we feel that our love has lost some of its initial luster, here are a few recommendations to re-ignite the flame: Slow down and take a break. In our overstimulated world, it is common for us to grow hooked to the act of hurrying. Steve and I have discovered that we must exercise extra caution when it comes to protecting our hearts against this, especially when our travel schedule has been quite hectic. Because busyness may be seductive, it’s easy to lose the capacity to just ″be quiet″ in God’s presence when life gets hectic. Several weeks ago, I came across this comment by Rick Lawrence, and I have to admit that it stopped me in my tracks: ″It is not feasible to speed-date our way to a more personal relationship with Jesus.″ I’ll admit that I’ve spent the majority of my life racing—to and from athletic activities for my children, to appointments, and now to and from airports! It’s just the way things are in my life, and I adore it. But, in order to connect with Jesus, I require periods of slowness and silence. In order to combat this, every time I board an aircraft and fasten my seatbelt, I silently thank God, ″Lord, thank you that I have to remain on this plane.″ ″Please make it possible for me to appreciate your presence.″ Turn off all digital distractions and spend more time talking with Jesus. Yet another admission. I’ve frequently pulled over at a red light and pulled out my phone to read my email. Hey! Please don’t pass judgment on me! I’m going to bet you do as well. Leave your phone at home and pray quietly, ″Lord, thank you for your presence with me in this moment,″ as an alternative. My anxieties and problems are transferred to you, and I thank you for providing me with tranquility.″ Snack on His Word at various points during the day. Each of my daughters is in the middle of things when it comes to rearing little ones. If they sit in God’s presence for an extended period of time, someone will inevitably rip the home apart or flush something down the toilet that isn’t intended to be in the toilet (Not that any of my grandkiddos would do that). Instead, they could concentrate on a single passage, perhaps leaving their Bible open on the kitchen counter (with markers and pencils safely out of reach of small hands that might add their own views to Scripture). As they see the Scripture, they simply repeat it in their minds as they pass it by. Pay attention to worship music. Our world is filled with a great deal of noise. By listening to praise music, you are able to keep your heart and thoughts fixed on Jesus. Every morning, I start my day by listening to praise music that I have downloaded on my phone. My worship is prompted by the music, which also assists me in focusing on Jesus. I can’t help but fall more completely in love with Him as I listen to what He has to say. I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts. What have you discovered to be the most beneficial in reigniting your passion for Jesus? Leave a remark on the blog at www.beckyharling.com/blog. What happened to Becky? As I continue to prepare sermons for the following weeks while I am at home this week, What You Can Do to Pray: During my preparations for the next messages, please pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal His ideas to me through His inspiration. Please pray that people will sign up for the future events I’m hosting, which are as follows: Chicago’s Midwest Bible Church (April 20-21)
- Schroon Lake, New York’s Word of Life (April 20-21). The dates are April 27-29 and May 4-6.
How to Fall in Love with God
Do you believe in God?I seriously doubt that there is a single Christian on the face of the planet who would respond affirmatively to this question.But, if we’re being completely honest with ourselves, can we honestly say that we can respond yes to both questions?What about our pupils and children, for that matter?What percentage of their hearts, souls, and minds are devoted to Jesus Christ?A sad and humiliating reality dawned on me about a year ago: I didn’t genuinely love God, as I had thought.
If I had to sum it up, I would say that I loved Him, that I served Him, that I spent a lot of time thinking about Him, and that I even enjoyed His Word.However, for some reason, I hadn’t been putting up any significant effort toward just loving God.I had invested a great deal of time and effort into attempting to love people.Besides, didn’t Jesus declare in John 13:35 that this is how everyone would know we are His disciples?
However, for some reason, I had overlooked the fact that this was the second commandment, rather than the first.The greatest commandment is this: Love the Lord your God with all of your heart.So straightforward, but so significant, and so transformative.
I’m not sure how I’d missed it.I felt embarrassed and humiliated that I had wasted so many years of my Christian life by failing to see the true meaning of anything.This is the one thing that God wishes the most, and I hadn’t really given it much attention until now.
- But I’m so grateful that God loves us despite our shortcomings and that He continues to work on our behalf.
- My heartfelt gratitude goes out to Him for being patient with us as He exposes His truths to us one by one.
- I made the decision that I would devote all of my energy to loving and serving God.
However, my initial query was, ″How do I go about doing this?″ What is the best way for me to just begin loving God?As a result, I discovered that God is not difficult to love since He is truly magnificent.However, if we want to genuinely love God, we must devote some time and energy to the connection, just as we would devote time and energy to any other human relationship with individuals we cherish.
I find my love for God growing as I do the following:
- Consider Him for a moment. His presence makes me fall deeper in love with Him the more I think about Him. What comes to mind is how incredible He is as a Creator, and how selfless He is as a Savior. I consider how gracious He has been to me, despite everything I have done to offend Him. I reflect on particular benefits He has bestowed upon me as well as everything that He has protected me from. I ponder how remarkable it is that the God of the universe is concerned about my well-being. The wonder He creates in us when we consider how great He is, and the love and appreciation that fills our hearts when we do, tell Him I adore Him. When I tell God that I love him, I discover that the words I speak are very true. This becomes much more intense when I tell him why I adore Him
- spend time in His presence. Without spending quality time together, no relationship can progress. We may say the same thing about our connection with God. When I made the decision to set aside dedicated time for prayer, my devotion to Him grew stronger and stronger. I also feel that music helps me to focus my attention on Him and to worship and adore Him more, which is something I value. (I discussed this in more detail in another post.)
- Make a conscious decision to do everything out of love for Him. Our motivations make all the difference, whether it’s for our church ministry or for our everyday tasks. When we choose to do a duty out of a deep love for God, our love for Him gets even more intense. It is just a mental exercise in which one intentionally offers one’s action to God as an offering. Perhaps this is a portion of what He means when He says, ″Love God with all your heart, mind, and strength.″
We can all improve our ability to love God better.I’m well aware that I’m only at the beginning of my adventure.However, we must not limit ourselves to just applying these principles to our own situations.In order to educate our kids and youngsters how to love God, we must set aside some time each day.But, like me, they may not have given much attention to how to properly love Him despite the fact that it is the most crucial component of their Christian lives.Teach your students and youngsters how to love God by demonstrating these characteristics for them and assisting them in putting them into practice in their life.
Make it possibl