177 Bible Verses about Jesus
- «» Seeing their confusion, Jesus looked them in the eyes and said: ″This is impossible for man, but not impossible for God, for with God all things are possible.″
- Keeping our gaze fixed on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, is essential. As a result of the joy set before him, he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of God’s throne.
- Then Jesus asked, ″Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?″ (Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?)
- God lives in everyone who accepts that Jesus is the Son of God
- if anybody admits that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them as well as in them.
- Maintain the same frame of mind as Christ Jesus in your interactions with one another
- I grant them eternal life, and they will never expire
- no one will ever be able to pry them from my loving grasp. The power of my Father, who has given them to me, is stronger than all others
- no one can take them from my Father’s grasp. I am one with the Father
- we are one.
- The punishment that brought us peace was placed on him, and it is by his wounds that we have been healed
- but he was pierced for our trespasses, and he was crushed for our iniquities.
- Because there is no other name under heaven that has been given to mankind by which we must be saved, we can find salvation in no one else.
- For whenever two or three people get together in my name, I will be there with them
- this is how God demonstrated his love for us: In order for us to live through him, he sent his one and only Son into the world
- Jesus said, ″What is impossible with man is possible with God.″
- Nevertheless, praise be to God! He grants us victory through the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- My order is as follows: If you confess with your lips, ″Jesus is Lord,″ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved
- and my God will all all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
- The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your soul
- nevertheless, in your hearts, acknowledge Christ as your Lord. Always be prepared to provide an explanation for your faith to anyone who inquires as to the source of your optimism. but with gentleness and reverence
- and live in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God
- and may the Lord Jesus’ grace be upon God’s people. Amen
- Because we are God’s creation, created in Christ Jesus to accomplish good works that God has prepared in advance for us to do
- Yet we thought him to be punished by God, tormented by God, and cursed by God despite the fact that he had taken up our agony and suffered our suffering.
- Allow the peace of Christ to prevail in your hearts, for you were called to peace as members of a one body when you were created. And remember to be grateful.
- In all seriousness, I say to you, whoever accepts anybody I send accepts me, and whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me
- for there is only one God, and there is only one mediator between God and humans, the man Christ Jesus
«» Seeing their confusion, Jesus looked them in the eyes and said: ″This is impossible for man, but not impossible for God; with God all things are possible.″
Keeping our gaze fixed on Jesus, the founder and perfecter of faith, is essential.As a result of the joy set before him, he endured the cross, despising its shame, and sat down at the right hand of God’s throne.Jesus then asked, ″Did I not say that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?″ (Did I not say that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?)
God lives in everyone who acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God; those who do not acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God do not live in God.Maintain the same mindset as Christ Jesus in your interactions with one another.
- Nothing can take their lives away from them because I have given them eternal life, and no one will ever be able to take them away from my grasp.
- The power of my Father, who has given them to me, is unrivaled; no one can take them from my Father’s grasp.
- I am one with the Father; I am one with the Son.
- However, he was pierced for our transgressions and crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was placed on him, and it is through his wounds that we have been healed.
Because there is no other name under heaven that has been given to mankind by which we must be saved, we can find salvation in no one else but Jesus Christ.God demonstrated his love for us in this way: ″Where two or three come together in my name, I am with them.″ Jesus responded by saying, ″What is impossible with man is possible with God.″; He sent his one and only Son into the world so that we might live through him.Then again, thank you very much!By means of our Lord Jesus Christ, he grants us victory.This is the order I’ve given you: Love one another as I have loved you; whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me; If you confess with your mouth, ″Jesus is Lord,″ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved; and my God will supply all of your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit; but in your hearts, acknowledge Christ as your Lord and Savior.Always be prepared to provide an explanation for your faith to anyone who inquires as to the source of your confidence.but with gentleness and reverence; and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God; and may the grace of the Lord Jesus be upon God’s people.
In other words, we are God’s creation, created in Christ Jesus to do good works that God has prepared in advance for us to do;
Certainly, he took on our pain and bore our suffering, but we regarded him as having been punished by God, afflicted by God, and afflicted;
You have been called to peace as members of one body, so allow the peace of Christ to reign in your hearts.
- Also, remember to be grateful; and
In all seriousness, I say to you, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me, and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me; for there is only one God, and there is only one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus;
Bible verse of the day
Don’t put off fulfilling a pledge that you’ve made to God for whatever reason. He does not take joy in idiots, so keep your word.
Bible verses that say Jesus is God
If someone attempts to convince you that Jesus is not God manifested in flesh, shut your ears because anyone who believes this is committing blasphemy will not be allowed to enter Heaven.It was Jesus who warned if you do not accept that He is who He claims to be, you will perish in your sins.How could Jesus suffer for our sins if He wasn’t God in the first place?Not simply your crimes or mine, but the sins of everyone on the face of the earth.
- God has stated that He is the only one who can save you.
- Is it possible for God to lie?
- Because the Bible plainly states that there is only one God, you must believe in the Trinity.
- Three divine individuals exist in one person: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
In contrast to what the Mormons believe, these Bible texts are intended to demonstrate and establish that Jesus is God.The Pharisees were enraged because Jesus claimed to be God, and they took offense.What distinguishes you from the Pharisees if you believe Jesus is not God?What makes you different from them?
Christian quotes about Jesus being God
″Jesus is the only God who has a certain date in history,″ says the author.I was saved by the death of Jesus Christ, God’s Son.In my place, Jesus resurrected from the tomb, Jesus represents me, and Jesus is with me.When I die, Jesus will revive me from the dead.
- Your god’s body, or the religious body that you adore, is still in the grave since he or she is not the creator of the universe.
- Only Jesus Christ, God’s Son, may be called God.
- ″Believe in Him.
- ″ Jesus was God manifested in the shape of a human being.
Even today, it’s difficult for many to accept that ″He was God,″ as the phrase goes.That’s exactly who He was.He wasn’t anything less than the Almighty.″He was the manifestation of God in the flesh.″ ″If Jesus is not God, then there is no Christianity, and those of us who worship Him are nothing more than idolaters,″ says the author.In contrast, if He is God, those who claim that He was only a nice man, or even the best of men, are blasphemers and should be put to death.
And to make matters even worse, if He is not God, then He is a blasphemer in the most literal meaning of the word.″If He is not God, He is not even good,″ says the author.J.
- Oswald Sanders was a famous American author.
- ″At Christmas, we have a tendency to concentrate our attention on the birth of Christ.
- The larger reality of the celebration is the fact that He is God.
- The fact that this promised baby is the omnipotent Creator of the heavens and the world is far more incredible than a baby in a manger!″ John F.
MacArthur was a United States Army general.″How could Jesus Christ be of assistance to us if he is not the genuine God?″ ″How could he possibly be of assistance if he is not a real man?″ Dietrich Bonhoeffer was a German theologian and philosopher who lived in the early twentieth century.Jesus Christ is God in human flesh, and the account of His life, death, and resurrection is the only Good News that the world will ever hear.″Jesus Christ is God in human flesh,″ says the Bible.Billy Graham is a religious leader in the United States.
″Either Jesus is the Son of God, or he is a deranged lunatic, or both.But what about His being a wonderful teacher?″He hasn’t left that door open for us.″ ″The divinity of Christ is the central belief of the Scriptures,″ writes C.S.Lewis.
The Bible becomes a hodgepodge of words devoid of any overarching meaning if you reject this principle.As soon as you accept it, the Bible is transformed into an understandable and well-organized revelation of God in the person of Jesus Christ.″ J.Oswald Sanders was a famous American author.
″Jesus Christ could only bridge the gap between where God is and where we are by becoming both god and humanity.″ – The prophet David Jeremiah ″If we want to know what God is like, we have to look at Jesus.″ To mankind, he is the most perfect representation of God in a form that they can see, know, and comprehend.″ — William Barclay, a.k.a.″After coming into contact with His human nature, Jesus is no longer physically present with us.He is never far away from us when we are in touch with his Divine essence.″ R.C.Sproul is a Christian minister.
- ″The most complete revelation of God’s character is found in the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, as recounted in the New Testament of the Bible, who was sent by God to reveal the divine essence, which is described in the phrase ‘God is Love.’″ George F.
- Ellis is credited with coining the phrase
What does the Bible say about Jesus being God?
1.The Gospel of John 10:30 ″The Father and I are one,″ says the Son.Paul writes in Philippians 2:5-6, ″You must adopt the same attitude that Christ Jesus did.Despite the fact that he was God, he did not regard his equality with God as anything to cling to.″ John 17:21 ″That they all may be one; that they all may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.″ ″That they all may be one; that they all may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.″ 4.
- The book of John 1:18 ″No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is God in his own right and is in the most intimate connection with the Father, has shown him to us.″ 5.
- The book of Colossians 2:9-10 ″For in him dwells bodily the entire divine being in all of its fullness.
- and you have been brought to a state of completeness through Christ.
- He is the supreme ruler over all powers and authorities.″
Jesus claimed to be God verses
6.John 10:33 (KJV) ″We are not stoning you for any good deed,″ they said, ″but for blasphemy, since you, a mere man, pretend to be God.″ ″We are not stoning you for any good deed,″ they continued.7.John 5:18 (KJV) ″It was for this reason that the Jews were attempting to assassinate him even more aggressively, for not only was he violating the Sabbath, but he was also addressing God as his own Father, thereby elevating himself to the status of God.″
Jesus is the Word verses
8.The book of John 1:1 ″In the beginning, the Word was with God, and the Word was God.″ ″In the beginning, the Word was with God, and the Word was God.″ 9.John 1:14 ″And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.″ ″And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us,″ says the Bible.The only path into Heaven is via Jesus Christ.
- tenth, I John 5:20 ″And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, in order that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ.
- ″ He is the one and only real God, as well as the source of eternal life.″ Romans 10:13 is the eleventh verse.
- According to the Bible, ″everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.″ He is who I am.
John 8:57-58 (NASB) ″People pointed out that you were not even fifty years old.″How do you know you’ve seen Abraham?″ I inquire.″I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!″ Jesus said in response.13.John 8:22-24 (New International Version) ″This prompted the Jews to wonder, ″Will he commit suicide?″ Perhaps this explains his statement, ″Where I go, you cannot follow me.″ ″However, you are from below, and I am from above,″ he added.
You are a creature of this world; I am not a creature of this world.24 I warned you that you would perish in your sins; if you continue to refuse to believe that I am the Messiah, you will perish in your sins.″ 14.John 13:18-19 ″I am not speaking to everyone here; I am referring to those whom I have chosen.″ The purpose of this is to fulfill the passage in scripture that says, ″He who shared my food has turned against me.″ This is something I’m telling you now, before it happens, so that when it does, you’ll be confident in my identity when it does.
First and Last: There’s only one God
15.Isaiah 44:6 (King James Version) As the LORD, King of Israel and Redeemer of Israel, the LORD of hosts, declares, ″I am the beginning and the last; there is no deity except from me.″ Moreover, 1 Corinthians 8:6 The Father is the source of all things and the reason for our being; the Son is the means by which all things are brought into existence; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, who is the means by which all things come into existence and through whom we come into existence.″ 17: Revelation 2:8 ″And to the angel of the church in Smyrna, write these things: ‘The words of the first and the last, who died and rose from the dead.″ 18.The Book of Revelation 1:17-18 ″When I first saw him, I collapsed at his feet, like if I were dead.
- But he put his right hand on my shoulder and said, ″Do not be afraid; I am the beginning and the last, as well as the living one.″ It seems as though I died, and yet, lo, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys to both Death and Hades in my possession.″
Only God can be worshiped. Jesus was worshiped.
Matthew 2:1-2 (Matthew 2:1-2) In the years following Jesus’ birth in Bethlehem, Judea, during the reign of King Herod, Magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem and inquired, ″Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews?″ We noticed his star as it rose in the sky and have come to adore him.″ Matthew 28:8-9 is the twenty-first verse.″So the ladies raced away from the tomb, terrified yet overjoyed, and hastened to tell his followers what had happened.″ Suddenly, Jesus appeared in front of them.″Please accept my greetings,″ he said.They came up to him and worshipped him, clasping his feet in their hands.″
Jesus is prayed to revealing that He is God
Acts 7:59-60 (Acts 7:59-60) He then cried out, ″Lord Jesus, accept my spirit,″ just as they were about to stone him to death.″ And he shouted out in a loud voice as he fell to his knees, ″Lord, do not hold this transgression against them.″ And as soon as he finished speaking, he fell asleep.″
The Trinity: Is Jesus God?
22, Matthew 28:19 ″Therefore go and make disciples of all countries, baptizing them in the name of the Father, as well as the Son, and as well as the Holy Spirit″ 2. 2 Corinthians 13:14 ″The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all,″ says the apostle Paul.
John 20:27-28 is the twenty-fourth verse.And then he told Thomas, ″Put your finger here and look at my hands.You can put your hand into my side if you reach out your hand.″Stop second-guessing yourself and start believing.″ ″My Lord and my God!″ Thomas said in response to him.
- Peter 1:1 (verse 25) ″Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who, through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ, have gained faith on an equal footing with ours.″ Acts 20:28 as a bonus ″Keep vigil over yourself and over the entire flock over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you as overseers.″ ″Be shepherds of God’s church, which he purchased with his own blood,″ Paul writes.
The Bible is replete with passages that allude to Jesus.Jesus was the only one who could atone for our sins.He is the promised Messiah, since all of the prophecies lead to him.If you put your faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, you will have triumph over death and the grave.
- Find your poem of the day in no other place but this page.
- Make use of this list as one of your study aids or as a starting point for your Bible study.
- It shall be demonstrated in the following passages that Jesus is the living God who comes to fulfill the law and the prophets.
- These are some of our favorite passages about Jesus Christ, arranged in no particular order:
1. John 10:28-30 KJV
And I grant them eternal life; they will never expire, and no one will ever be able to take them from my loving hands. None can take them from my Father’s hand since he is bigger than all. No one will ever be able to take them from my Father’s hand. My Father and I are one and the same.
2. 1 John 4:15 KJV
Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God has God dwelling within him, and he has God dwelling within him.
3. Mark 9:35 KJV
When a person professes faith in Jesus as the Son of God, God takes up residence in him, and he takes up residence with God.
4. John 3:16 KJV
In fact, God loved the world so much that he gave his only born Son, in order that whomever believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life with him.
5. Romans 8:38 KJV
Because I am certain that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, will be able to separate us from God.
6. 1 John 4:9 KJV
This was a manifestation of God’s love for us, as evidenced by the fact that God sent his only born Son into the world so that we would have eternal life through him.
7. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 KJV
Our God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort, who sustains us in all our tribulations so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with God’s consolation, as we ourselves are comforted by him.
8. Acts 4:10-12 KJV
Please be informed, as well as the whole nation of Israel, that this man has been resurrected from the dead by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified and who God raised from the grave.It is through him that he stands before you now, whole.This is the stone that was placed at the behest of you builders, and it has now become the cornerstone.There is no salvation in any other name, because there is no other name given among men by which we must be saved apart from the name of Jesus Christ.
9. Mark 10:27 KJV
And Jesus, looking upon them, says, ″With men, nothing is impossible, but with God, everything is possible.″ With God, nothing is impossible.
10. Hebrews 12:2 KJV
Consider Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the humiliation, and has been seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
11. Isaiah 53:5 KJV
Nevertheless, he was wounded for our trespasses, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was laid on him, and it is by his stripes that we have been healed.
12. Luke 18:27 KJV
Furthermore, he stated that things that are impossible with humans are achievable with God.
13. Philemon 1:25 KJV
Your spirit will be strengthened by the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen. Onesimus, a servant, wrote a letter from Rome to Philemon, and addressed it to him.
14. Matthew 10:38 KJV
And he who does not take up his cross and follow after me is not worthy of my love and respect.
15. Romans 10:9 KJV
So that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved, the Bible says.
16. Ephesians 5:2 KJV
And walk in love, just as Christ has loved us and given himself up for us as an offering and a sacrifice to God for the sake of a sweet-smelling savour (John 13:34).
17. Colossians 3:15 KJV
And allow the peace of God to prevail in your hearts, to which you have also been called as one body; and be thanks for what you have.
18. John 13:20 KJV
He who receives whomsoever I send also receives me, and he who receives me also receives the one who sent me, truly, verily, I say unto you.
19. Hebrews 13:8 KJV
He who receives whomsoever I send also receives me, and he who receives me also receives the one who sent me, I swear to you by the Holy Spirit.
20. John 1:14 KJV
When Jesus came into the world, (and we seen his glory, such as that which belonged exclusively to him,) we knew that he was full of grace and truth, as only the Father could give it.
21. 1 Corinthians 15:55-57 KJV
Death, whither hath thy poison gone? Where hath thy victory gone, O grave? Death’s sting is sin, and the law’s power is sin. Sin is the source of all evil. But praise be to God, who, through our Lord Jesus Christ, has given us the victory over death.
22. Hebrews 7:25 KJV
For this reason, Jesus is also capable of saving those who come to God through him to the fullest extent possible, because he is always present to intercede on their behalf.
23. Luke 19:10 KJV
Because the Son of Man has come to seek and rescue those who have been separated from God.
24. Philippians 2:5-8 KJV
Allow this thought to dwell within you, just as it did in Christ Jesus: Who, although appearing in the guise of God, did not consider it theft to be on an equal footing with God: but disguised himself as a person of little renown, and assumed the body of a servant, and was created in the image of men: As a result of being discovered in his rightful place as a man, he humbled himself and became submissive unto death, even death on the cross.
25. Ephesians 2:10 KJV
For we are God’s handiwork, made in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God has foreordained that we should do and has commanded us to walk in them.
26. Acts 2:38 KJV
Then Peter addressed them, saying, ″Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, and ye will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.″
27. Matthew 16:25 KJV
Those who save their lives for their own sake will lose them, and those who lose their lives for the purpose of my cause will find them.
28. Matthew 5:14-16 KJV
You are the brightest light in the planet. A city built on a hill cannot be hidden from sight. Men also do not light a candle and place it beneath a bushel, but rather place it on a candlestick, which provides light for everyone in the home to see. Allow your light to shine brightly before men so that they may notice your good deeds and honor your heavenly Father.
29. John 10:14-15 KJV
I am the good shepherd, and I know my sheep, and my sheep know me, and I know them. I know the Father as well as the Father knows me, and I am willing to lay down my life to save the sheep.
30. John 14:6 KJV
Jesus responds to him, saying, ″I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through me.″ (John 14:6)
31. John 11:25 KJV
I am the resurrection and the life: he who believes in me will live even though he is dead, because I am the resurrection and the life.
32. Philippians 2:9-11 KJV
As a result, God has also exalted him and given him a name that is above every name, in order that at the mention of Jesus’ name everything in heaven, everything on earth, and everything beneath the earth will bow, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
33. John 1:1-2 KJV
Beginning with the creation of the Word, and with God from the beginning of time, the Word became God. The same was true in the beginning with regard to the Creator.
34. John 11:40 KJV
Jesus responds to her by saying, Do you remember what I said to thee about seeing the glory of God if you believe? Did I not say that if you believe, you would see the glory of God?
35. Isaiah 9:6 KJV
The government will rest on his shoulders, and he will be known as Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The eternal Father, and the Prince of Peace.
36. 1 Peter 3:15 KJV
Keep the Lord God in your hearts, and be prepared to give a response with meekness and fear to any man who inquires of you as to the cause for the hope that is in you:
37. 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV
In fact, I conveyed to you first of all that which I also received, namely, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures; and that Christ was buried, and that he rose again from the dead on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures:
38. Daniel 7:13-14 KJV
In my night visions, I saw someone who looked like the Son of Man coming down from the clouds of heaven, and he was brought near to the Ancient of Days by the angels of the Lord of the universe.Furthermore, dominion and glory were bestowed upon him, as well as a kingdom, in order that all people, countries, and languages may serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will not be destroyed.
What Does the Bible Say About Who Is Jesus?
″I am the way, the truth, and the life,″ Jesus replied to him, and he believed him. No one else can bring anybody else to the Father except through me.
John 10:30 ESV / 23 helpful votes
‘I and the Father are one,’ I declare.″
John 1:14 ESV / 18 helpful votes
And the Word became man and lived among us, and we have beheld his glory, glory befitting the only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth, as we have witnessed his incarnation.
John 8:58 ESV / 13 helpful votes
″Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.″ Jesus continued to speak to them.
1 Corinthians 8:6 ESV / 10 helpful votes
Although there are many gods, for us there is only one God, the Father, who created all things and for whom we exist, as well as one Lord, Jesus Christ, who created all things and through whom we exist.
Mark 12:29 ESV / 10 helpful votes
To which Jesus responded: ″The most important is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one’.″
John 1:1 ESV / 9 helpful votes
Beginning with the creation of the Word, and with God from the beginning of time, the Word became God.
Revelation 1:8 ESV / 8 helpful votes
Lord God declares, ″I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the Almighty.″ ″I am who is, who was, and who will be,″ he continues.
Daniel 7:13-14 ESV / 8 helpful votes
The Ancient of Days appeared to me in night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one who seemed like a son of man, and he was placed before him.In order that all peoples, countries, and languages serve him, God gave him dominion and glory as well as a kingdom; his dominion is an everlasting dominion that will never pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.
Hebrews 4:15 ESV / 7 helpful votes
Because we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but rather one who has been tempted in every way we are, but has come out unscathed.
1 Timothy 2:5 ESV / 7 helpful votes
Because there is only one God, and there is only one mediator between God and humanity, the man Christ Jesus, there is no need for any other.
Matthew 16:13-17 ESV / 7 helpful votes
In the meanwhile, when Jesus arrived in the territory of Caesarea Philippi, he inquired of his followers, ″Who do people claim to be the Son of Man?″ ″Some believe it is John the Baptist, some believe it is Elijah, and still others believe it is Jeremiah or one of the prophets,″ they stated.″But who do you think you’re talking about?″ he asked them.Simon Peter said, ″You are the Christ, the Son of the living God,″ and the rest is history.″Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah!″ said Jesus in response to his prayer.
- For it was not my flesh and blood who revealed this to you, but rather my Father who is in the heavens.
Colossians 2:9 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Because in him the entire fullness of divinity manifests itself in corporeal form,
Hebrews 1:8 ESV / 5 helpful votes
On the other hand, he adds of the Son, ″Your throne, O God, is for ever and ever, and the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your dominion. ″
Titus 2:13 ESV / 5 helpful votes
We are looking forward to our wonderful hope, the manifestation of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, and we are praying.
John 1:1-3 ESV / 5 helpful votes
Beginning with the creation of the Word, and with God from the beginning of time, the Word became God. He was there with God from the beginning. All things were created through him, and there was no thing created that was not created through him.
Luke 9:18 ESV / 5 helpful votes
It just so happened that the disciples happened to be present when Jesus was praying alone. And he inquired of them, ″Who do the people believe that I am?″
Matthew 1:20 ESV / 5 helpful votes
While Joseph was contemplating these things, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, ″Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife, since that which is conceived in her comes from the Holy Spirit.″
Hebrews 2:9 ESV / 4 helpful votes
But we see him, who for a brief moment was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, who has been crowned with glory and honor as a result of his death, in order that he could, through the mercy of God, taste death for everyone.
Colossians 1:16 ESV / 4 helpful votes
For it was by him and for him that all things were made, both visible and unseen, in heaven and on earth, whether thrones or dominions, rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
John 20:28 ESV / 4 helpful votes
″My Lord and my God!″ Thomas said in response.
John 14:9 ESV / 4 helpful votes
″Have I been with you for such a long time, and you still do not recognize me, Philip?″ Jesus inquired. Every person who has seen me has also seen the Father. You don’t know how to say, ″Show us the Father.″
John 3:16-17 ESV / 4 helpful votes
″Have I been with you for such a long time, and you still don’t recognize me, Philip?″ Jesus inquired. Every person who has seen me has also witnessed the Father. ‘Show us the Father,’ you would wonder.
John 3:16 ESV / 4 helpful votes
The Bible says, ″For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whomever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.″
Deuteronomy 6:4 ESV / 4 helpful votes
Listen, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one; there is no other.
Exodus 3:14 ESV / 4 helpful votes
God said to Moses, ″I am who I am.″ God is the creator of the universe. It was then that the prophet said, ″Say these words to the people of Israel: ″I am has sent me to you.″
1 John 3:5 ESV / 3 helpful votes
You are aware that he arrived in order to cleanse the world of sin, and that there is no sin in him.
Hebrews 9:14 ESV / 3 helpful votes
How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.
Hebrews 1:3 ESV / 3 helpful votes
He is the splendour of God’s glory and the precise imprint of God’s essence, and he supports the world with the word of his power, which is the source of all creation. As soon as he had made atonement for his crimes, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.
Colossians 1:17 ESV / 3 helpful votes
And he is before all things, and it is in him that all things are held together in their entirety.
Colossians 1:15 ESV / 3 helpful votes
He is the image of the unseen God, the firstborn of all creation, and the embodiment of all that is good.
Philippians 2:7 ESV / 3 helpful votes
However, he reduced himself to nothingness by adopting the shape of a servant and was born in the likeness of men and women.
2 Corinthians 5:21 ESV / 3 helpful votes
So that we could become the righteousness of God in him, he turned him into sin who had no knowledge of sin for our own benefit.
2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV / 3 helpful votes
As a result, anybody who believes in Christ is a brand new creature. The old has passed away, and the new has come to take its place.
1 Corinthians 15:24-28 ESV / 3 helpful votes
It is at this point that Jesus restores the kingdom to God the Father, having destroyed every rule, authority, and power that had been established before.It is necessary for him to continue to reign until he has subdued all of his adversaries.Death is the very last adversary to be defeated.Because ″God has brought everything into submission under his feet.″ However, when it states, ″all things are put in subjugation,″ it is clear that he is the one who is exempted since he is the one who placed all things in submission beneath him.
- All things will be brought under his control when all things are brought under his control, and the Son himself will be subjugated to him who brought all things under his control, so that God may be all in all.
Romans 5:8 ESV / 3 helpful votes
God, on the other hand, demonstrates his love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
Acts 4:12 ESV / 3 helpful votes
The only other person who can provide us with salvation is Jesus Christ, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among mankind by which we must be saved.″
John 14:6-7 ESV / 3 helpful votes
″I am the way, the truth, and the life,″ Jesus replied to him, and he believed him. No one else can bring anybody else to the Father except through me. If you had knew who I was, you would have known who my Father was, as well. ″From this point forward, you are familiar with him and have seen him.″
John 8:46 ESV / 3 helpful votes
Which one of you has the power to convict me of sin? Why don’t you trust me if I’m telling the truth, I don’t understand.
John 6:40 ESV / 3 helpful votes
Because it is the will of my Father that everyone who looks upon the Son and believes in him should have everlasting life, and I will raise him up on the final day,″ Jesus explained.
John 5:22 ESV / 3 helpful votes
The Father does not pass judgment on anybody, but has delegated all authority to the Son.
John 5:21 ESV / 3 helpful votes
Because, just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so too does the Son give life to whoever he chooses to do so.
John 5:18 ESV / 3 helpful votes
This was one of the reasons why the Jews were attempting to assassinate him even more, since not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was also addressing God as his own Father, thereby elevating himself to the status of God.
Isaiah 44:24 ESV / 3 helpful votes
″I am the Lord, who created everything, who stretched out the heavens alone, who spread out the earth alone, who formed you from your mother’s womb: ″I am the Lord, who created everything, who stretched out the heavens alone, who stretched out the earth alone, who formed you from your mother’s womb.″
Isaiah 43:11 ESV / 3 helpful votes
I, I am the Lord, and there is no other rescuer other from me.
Genesis 1:26 ESV / 3 helpful votes
When God saw Adam and Eve, he said, ″Let us create man in our image, after our likeness.″ ″And give them authority over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the skies, over the cattle, over the entire land, and over every crawling thing that crawls on the ground,″ God says.
Revelation 21:1-27 ESV / 2 helpful votes
It was then that I saw a new heaven and a new earth, because the former heaven and the first earth had both passed away, and the sea had also disappeared.And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, descending down from God’s throne as if it were a bride being dressed for her groom.It was a sight to behold.A loud voice came from the throne, saying, ″Behold, the dwelling place of God has come among men.″ He will live among them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be among them as their God, according to the Bible.
- He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, nor will there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.″ He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, nor will there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.″ In that same moment, the one seated on the throne said, ″Behold, I am making all things new.″ ″Write this down,″ he said, ″since these statements are trustworthy and accurate.″
1 Corinthians 15:45 ESV / 2 helpful votes
As it is stated, ″The first man Adam became a living creature,″ and ″The final Adam became a life-giving spirit,″ the first Adam being the first man Adam.
John 14:28 ESV / 2 helpful votes
In your presence, you overheard me remark to you, ″I’m going away, and I’ll come to you.″ If you had loved me, you would have delighted in the fact that I was going to the Father, since the Father is greater than I. But you did not.
John 1:18 ESV / 2 helpful votes
No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, has made himself known to us via his Son, Jesus Christ.
John 1:1-18 ESV / 2 helpful votes
Beginning with the creation of the Word, and with God from the beginning of time, the Word became God.He was there with God from the beginning.All things were created through him, and there was no thing created that was not created through him.There was life in him, and the life was the light that illuminated the world.
- Although there is darkness around, the light shines through it, and the darkness has not yet overtaken it.
Luke 24:39 ESV / 2 helpful votes
Look at my hands and feet to see that it is I who am speaking. Feel free to touch me and see what happens. The reason for this is because a spirit does not have flesh and bones, as you can see that I have.″
Luke 5:24 ESV / 2 helpful votes
″However, in order for you to understand that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins,″ Jesus said to the paralyzed man, ″I command you to rise, take up your bed, and return home.″
Luke 1:35 ESV / 2 helpful votes
″The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; as a result, the child who will be born will be called holy—the Son of God,″ the angel responded.
Matthew 28:18 ESV / 2 helpful votes
″All authority in heaven and on earth has been entrusted to me,″ Jesus declared to them when he appeared to them.
Matthew 1:23 ESV / 2 helpful votes
″Behold, the virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will name him Immanuel,″ the prophet says (which means, God with us).
Enter a Verse Reference (e.g., John 3:16-17)
If you don’t know the exact section you’re searching for, you may use the Bible’s online search function to hunt for terms.
Most Relevant Verses
Verse page″>Luke 19:3 is a tool.Zaccheus was attempting to see who Jesus was, but was unable to do so due to the large number of people around him, as he was of short size.John 8:53″>Verse page″>John 8:53 Surely, You are not more important than our ancestor Abraham, who passed away?″The prophets perished as well; who do You represent yourself to be?″ he asks.
- John 8:25 verse page″>John 8:25 verse page As a result, people started asking Him, ″Who are You?″ ″What have I been saying to you from the beginning?″ Jesus inquired of the disciples.
- Acts 9:5 is a verse that can be found on the Verse page.
- Afterwards, he inquired, ″Who are You, Lord?″ Afterward, He declared, ″I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.″ Acts 22:8 Verse Page″>Verse page And I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ I mean, who are you?
- And He introduced Himself as Jesus the Nazarene, whom I was persecuting at the time.
Acts 26:15 Verse Page″>Acts 26:15 It was then that I inquired, ″Who are You, Lord?″ Afterward, the Lord revealed himself as Jesus, whom you were persecuting.Jesus invited them to join him for breakfast in John 21:12 (ToolsVerse page″>John 21:12) Because they were aware that He was the Lord, none of the disciples dared to ask, ″Who are You?″ Versions of the Bible page″>Luke 9:20 ″However, who do you claim that I am?″ He inquired of the group.″The Christ of God,″ Peter said, referring to Jesus Christ.ToolsVerse page″>Matthew 21:10 When He arrived in Jerusalem, the entire city erupted in applause, exclaiming, ″Who is this?″ Verse page″>Mark 4:41 in the Bible When they realized who it was, they were terrified and whispered to one another, ″Who is this, that even the wind and the sea bow down to Him?″ Luke 8:25 verse page″>Luke 8:25 verse page Afterwards, He asked them, ″Where has your trust gone?″ And they were terrified and astounded at the same time, saying to one another, ″Who is this, that He can command all things even the winds and the waves, and they would obey Him?″ Verse page″>Luke 9:9 is a tool.As Herod put it, ″I myself had John killed; but who is this man about whom I’ve heard such rumors?″ he wondered.
And he persisted in his efforts to see Him.Verses page″>John 9:36 He responded with, ″Who is He, Lord, that I may put my faith in Him?″ John 12:34 verse page″>John 12:34 verse page Following that, the multitude responded, ″We have heard from the Law that the Christ is to remain eternally; and how can You say, ‘The Son of Man must be hoisted up’?″ the throng asked.″Who is this Son of Man?″ you might wonder.
- Using the Bible Verse Page″>Luke 7:49 Those who were seated at the table with Him started to wonder aloud, ″Who is this man who even forgives sins?″ they thought to themselves.
- A group of scribes and Pharisees gathered together and started to reason, saying, ″Who is this guy who talks blasphemy?
- ″Who else except God has the power to pardon sins?″ ToolsVerse page″>Matthew 16:13 When Jesus arrived in the territory of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His followers, ″Who do people claim that the Son of Man is?″ (Matthew 16:13).
- Mark 8:27″>Verse page″>Mark 8:27 In the course of His journey, Jesus interrogated His followers, saying to them, ″Who do others claim that I am?
What do you think I am?″ Verse page″>Luke 9:18 ″ ToolsVerse page″ Moreover, it so happened that while He was praying alone, the disciples happened to be present, and He confronted them with the question, ″Who do the people claim that I am?″ Translation page″>Matthew 11:3 and asked Him if He was the One who had been expected, or if they needed to find another candidate.Luke 7:19″>Luke 7:19 (tools page) ″Are You the Expected One, or should we search for someone else?″ John asked the Lord, summoning two of his disciples and sending them to the Lord with the question, ″Are You the Expected One, or should we look for someone else?″ Verse page″>Luke 7:20 is a tool.″John the Baptist has sent us to You to inquire, ‘Are You the Expected One, or should we search for someone else?’″ they said when they arrived.” Verse page″>Mark 15:2 is a tool.″Are You the King of the Jews?″ Pilate inquired of Him.
″Yes, You are.″ And He *responded to him, saying, ″It is as you claim.″ Verse page″>Luke 23:3 is a tool.So Pilate confronted Him with the question, ″Are You the King of the Jews?″ It was then that He responded, saying, ″It is as you say.″ John 18:37″>Verse page″>John 18:37 As a result, Pilate questioned Him, saying, ″So you’re a king?″ ″You are accurate in stating that I am a king,″ Jesus said.The reason I was born and why I came into the world was to bear witness to the reality of what I had witnessed before me.″My voice may be heard by everyone who is of the truth.″ Using the Bible Verse Page″>Matthew 26:63 But Jesus remained deafeningly silent.
Mark 14:61 ″I adjure You by the living God that You tell us whether or not You are the Christ, God’s Son.″ Toolsverse page″>Mark 14:61 ″I adjure You by the living God that you tell us whether or not you are the Christ, God’s Son.″ He, on the other hand, remained mute and did not respond.″Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?″ the high priest inquired of Him once more, this time repeating, ″Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?″ Luke 22:67″>Luke 22:67 in the Bible.″Please tell us whether You are the Christ.″ Nevertheless, He warned them, saying, ″If I tell you, you will not believe; ToolsVerse page″>Matthew 12:23.
Every one of the multitudes was taken aback and said, ″This man cannot possibly be the Son of David, can he?″ John 10:24″>Verse page″>John 10:24 ″How long will you leave us hanging in suspense?″ the Jews demanded of Him as they gathered around Him.″If You are the Christ, please tell us in no uncertain terms.″ Versions of the Bible page″>Luke 22:70 ″Are you the Son of God, then?″ they all said in agreement.And He responded by saying, ″Yes, I am.″ Matthew 4:3 verse page″>Matthew 4:3 verse page As a result, the tempter approached Him and said, ″If You are the Son of God, order that these stones be turned into bread.″ Verse page″>Matthew 4:6 and said to Him, ″If You are the Son of God, let Yourself down; for it is written,’He will direct His angels concerning You,’ and’On their hands they will take You up,’ so that Your foot will not strike against a stone.’″ In Matthew 27:40, Jesus admonished those who were planning to demolish the temple and rebuild it in three days, saying, ″Save Yourself!Come down from the cross, if You are the Son of God,″ says the Apostle Paul.
- Verse page″>Luke 4:3 is a tool.
- ″If You are the Son of God, command this stone to become food,″ the devil said to Him.
- ToolsVerse page″>Luke 4:9 In Jerusalem, he brought Him to the temple’s pinnacle, where he addressed Him, saying, ″If You are the Son of God, hurl Yourself down from here; ToolsVerse page″>.
- According to 1 Peter 1:11, they were attempting to understand who or when the Spirit of Christ inside them was referring to when He foreshadowed the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.
- Never miss a new post again.
- The New American Standard Bible is a translation of the New Testament into English.
- 1960-1962-1963-1968-1971-1972-1973-1975-1977-1995 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, Calif.
- All rights reserved.
- 1960-1962-1963-1968-1971-1972-1995 by The Lockman Foundation Visit this site for information on obtaining permission to quote.
Who Was Jesus?
Luke 19:3″>Luke 19:3 (tools page) For whatever reason, Zaccheus was unable to see Jesus because of the large number of people around him, and because he was of short size.Versions of John 8:53 are available on the Verse page.Without a certain, You are not greater than our departed patriarch Abraham.They perished, too; who do You think You are, and what do You want others to think of You?″ Verse page″>John 8:25 (Tools) And in response, He was asked ″Who are You?″ ″What have I been saying to you from the beginning?″ Jesus inquired of the crowd.
- Acts 9:5 is a verse from the Bible.
- Afterwards, he inquired, ″Who are You, Lord?
- ″I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,″ He explained.
- Acts 22:8 Verse Page″>Verse page″ Then I inquired of the Lord, ‘Who are You?’ ‘I am Jesus the Nazarene,’ He said, referring to the person I was persecuting.
Verse page″>Acts 26:15 (Tools) Then I inquired of the Lord: ‘Who are You?’ ‘And the Lord spoke to them, ‘I am Jesus, who you are persecuting.’ Jesus invited them to join him for breakfast in John 21:12 (ToolsVerse page″>John 21:12).Because they were aware that it was the Lord, none of the disciples dared to ask, ″Who are You?″ Luke 9:20″>Luke 9:20 in the Bible ″But who do you claim that I am?″ He inquired of them.″The Christ of God,″ Peter said, referring to the Messiah.Verse page″>Matthew 21:10 When He arrived in Jerusalem, the entire city erupted in applause and said, ″Who is this?Verse page″>Mark 4:41 in the Bible.
They got quite frightened and began to wonder aloud, ″Who is this, that even the wind and the sea follow Him?″ they wondered.Luke 8:25″>Luke 8:25 in the Bible ″Where is your faith?″ He inquired of them, as well.It filled them with terror and awe, and they wondered aloud: ″Who is this, that He can command even the wind and the sea, and they would obey Him?″ Versions of the Bible page″>Luke 9:9.
- ″I personally beheaded John; but who is this guy about whom I have heard such rumors?″ Herod inquired.
- And he persisted in his efforts to locate Him.
- Verses page″>John 9:36 He responded with, ″Who is He, Lord, that I may put my trust in Him?″ Versions of John 12:34 are available on the website.
- Following that, the audience responded, ″We have heard from the Law that the Christ is to remain eternally; and how can You say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’?″ they said.
″Can you tell me who this Son of Man is?″.Page of Scripture: Luke 7:49 (ToolsVerse page) ″Who is this man who even forgives sins?″ they wondered aloud among themselves as they sat around the table with Him.Luke 5:21 The scribes and Pharisees started to dispute with one another, saying, ″Who is this guy who talks blasphemy?God is the only one who can pardon sins.Verse page″>Matthew 16:13 When Jesus arrived in the territory of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His followers, ″Who do people claim that the Son of Man is?″ (Matthew 16:13, NIV) Mark 8:27 verse page″>Mark 8:27 verse page In the course of His journey, Jesus interrogated His followers, asking them, ″Who do people claim that I am?
Page of the Bible: Luke 9:18″>Luke 9:18.Meanwhile, as He was praying by Himself, the disciples happened to be with Him, and He confronted them, asking: ″Who do you think I am, according to what the people have spoken about me?″ Translation page″>Matthew 11:3 and asked Him if He was the One who had been expected, or if they needed to find another.Luke 7:19″>Luke 7:19 (tools page).″Are You the Expected One, or do we need to search for someone else?″ John asked the Lord, summoning two of his disciples and sending them to the Lord with the question, ″Are You the Expected One, or do we need to look for anyone else?″ Luke 7:20″>Luke 7:20 in the Bible After reaching Him, they said that John the Baptist had dispatched them to inquire, ″Are You the Expected One, or should we search for someone else?″ ” Verse page″>Mark 15:2 is a tool to help you memorize Scripture.
″Are You the King of the Jews?″ Pilate inquired of Him.In response, He *said, ″It is just as you stated.″ Luke 23:3″>Luke 23:3 in the Tools section ″Are You the King of the Jews?″ Pilate inquired of Him, prompting Him to respond affirmatively.And He responded by saying, ″It is as you have stated.″ Verse page″>John 18:37 (ToolsVerse page) Consequently, Pilate asked Him, ″So you’re a ruler?″ Pilate was perplexed.
″You properly state that I am a king,″ Jesus responded.To bear witness to the truth is why I was born, and it is why I have come into this world to do so.″My voice may be heard by everyone who is of the truth.Verse page″>Matthew 26:63 (Tools).
- The Lord, on the other hand, remained deaf.
- As a result, the high priest said to Him, ″I implore you by the living God that you tell us whether You are the Christ, the Son of God.″ Mark 14:61 ″ToolsVerse page″>Mark 14:61 Nevertheless, He remained deafeningly silent and refused to respond.
- ″Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?″ the high priest asked Him once more, this time emphasizing the fact that He was not the Christ.
- Luke 22:67″>Luke 22:67 in the Bible Please inform us whether You are the Christ.
- ″But if I tell you, you will not believe me; ToolsVerse page″>Matthew 12:23 But He said to them, ″This man can’t possibly be the Son of David, can he?″ exclaimed the assembled masses incredulously.
- Verse page″>John 10:24 (ToolsVerse page″> ″How long will you leave us hanging in suspense?″ the Jews demanded of Him as they crowded around him.
- We want to know whether or not You are the Christ.
- Luke 22:70″>Luke 22:70 in the Bible.
- ″Are you the Son of God, then?″ they all exclaimed.
- ″Yes, I am,″ He confirmed to them.
Verses in Matthew 4:3″>Matthew 4:3 As a result, the tempter approached Him and said, ″If You are the Son of God, command that these stones be made into bread!″ Verse page″>Matthew 4:6 and said to Him, ″If You are the Son of God, let Yourself down; for it is written,’He will direct His angels concerning You,’ and’On their hands they will take You up,’ so that you will not strike Your foot on a stone.’″ In Matthew 27:40, Jesus admonished those who were planning to demolish the temple and rebuild it in three days, saying, ″Save yourself!″ Come down off the cross, if You are the Son of God,″ they say.Verse page″>Luke 4:3 as an example of a tool In response, the devil cried to Him, ″If You are the Son of God, command this stone to become food.″ ToolsVerse page″>Luke 4:9.And he took Him to Jerusalem, where he had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple, and he said to Him, ″If You are the Son of God, hurl Yourself down from here; ToolsVerse page″ According to 1 Peter 1:11, they were looking for clues as to who or when the Spirit of Christ inside them was referring to when He foreshadowed Christ’s sufferings and the glory that would come after.Always be on top of the latest news American Standard Bible (also known as the N.A.S.
- Bible) Authorized by The Lockman Foundation in La Habra, California for use between 1960 and 1995.
- Copyright 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, and 1995 by The Lockman Foundation.
- All rights reserved.
- To find out more about Permission to Quote, go to
Birth and early life
According to the Gospels of Matthew and Luke, Jesus was born in Bethlehem to Mary, who was a virgin at the time of his birth.Historically, the year of Jesus’ birth has been a source of contention among scholars, who have usually agreed that it occurred between 7 BCE and 1 BCE.According to academics, the legend of Jesus’ birth on December 25 did not begin until centuries later, and there is no evidence that he was actually born on that day.The Gospel of Matthew tells the story of how magi (a term that is sometimes translated as ″wise men″) traveled from the east, following the star of Bethlehem (which some scientists have speculated could be a comet or the planet Venus), and brought gifts for the baby Jesus, including gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
- The Gospel also relates that when King Herod learned of Jesus’ birth, he became outraged and demanded that he be captured and executed, even going so far as to order the execution of every boy in Bethlehem who was two years old or younger.
- According to the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus and his family survived by fleeing to Egypt and not returning until after Herod’s death.
- Scholars now are skeptical that Herod attempted to assassinate Jesus, pointing out that there is no proof, outside of the Bible, that Herod was aware of Jesus’ existence.
- The Gospels chronicle the story of Jesus’ childhood in Nazareth, where he lived with his mother, Mary, her husband, Joseph, and Jesus’ siblings and cousins.
The gospels describe the story of a man named John the Baptist, who prophesied the arrival of Jesus and baptized those who were seeking forgiveness for their sins.After reaching adulthood, the Gospel of Mark reports that Jesus worked as a carpenter, and that there was a tension between Jesus and his family at the time.Moreover, the Gospel of Matthew reports that when Jesus returned to Nazareth after his absence, he was met with hostility.Mark 6:4 says that a prophet is not without respect unless and until he is recognized in his own town, among his family, and in his own house.The discovery of two dwellings dating back to the first century A.D.
at Nazareth was made as a result of recent archaeological excavation.One of these residences was eventually identified as the residence where Jesus spent his childhood.It seems from archaeological evidence that the residents of first-century Nazareth were Jewish and less prone to accept Greco-Roman culture than the people who lived in the adjacent town of Sepphoris, according to archaeological evidence.
- Generally speaking, academics think that Jesus did not commit himself fully to his mission until he was around 30 years old.
- According to the biblical narrative, Jesus had not been ministering for very long when he was killed, which suggests that he had not been ministering for very long.
- According to the Gospel narratives, Jesus spent the most of his ministry in the region around Galilee.
- In their accounts, Jesus is described as typically avoiding luxury, being content to converse with ″tax collectors″ and ″sinners,″ favoring the poor, and clashing regularly with Jewish religious officials who questioned his claim that he was the Messiah.
- According to the Gospels, large crowds would occasionally follow Jesus in the hope tha