100 Names of Jesus
Jesus is known by 100 different names. Be an advocate for yourself (1 John 2:1) The Almighty (Rev. 1:8; Mt. 28:18) is the beginning and the end (Rev. 1:8; 22:13) The answer is a resounding “amen” (Rev. 3:14) Apostle of our Profession, if you will (Heb. 3:1) Sacrifice for the Atonement of our Sins (1 John 2:2) Author of One’s Own Life (Acts 3:15) Author and Perfector of our Faith (Hebrews 12:2)Author of Salvation (John 3:16) (Heb. 2:10) the beginning and the end (Rev. 22:13) The Blessed and the One and Only Ruler (1 Tim.
9:15) The capstone (Acts 4:11; 1 Peter 2:7) is the most important cornerstone (Eph.
(1 John 2:22) Inventor (also known as “creator” or “inventor”) is a person or entity who creates anything (John 1:3) Deliverer is a person who delivers something (Rom.
3:14) The first and last words (Rev.
- 1:15) God (John 10:9) is the gate (John 1:1; 20:28; Heb.
- 9:5; 2 Pet.
- 1:22; 4:15; 5:23) Heir of all things (Hebrews 1:2)High Priest (Hebrews 2:17)Holy and True (Revelation 3:7)Holy One (Hebrews 3:7) (Acts 3:14) Optimism (1 Timothy 1:1) Optimism of Glory (Col.
- 4:4), Immanuel (Mt.
- 4:4) (Acts 10:42) (1 Tim.
- 1:17)King of Israel (John 1:49)King of the Jews (Mt.
- 15:3)Lamb (Rev.
1:19)Last Adam (Acts 15:45)Lion of the Tribe of Judah (Rev.
9:15) God, you are mighty (Isa.
22:16) David’s children are called Davidites (Rev.
1:30) Our Wife’s Husband (2 Cor.
3:3), and thirdly, our Redemption (1 Cor.
1:30) Our Passover Lamb has been sacrificed for us (1 Cor.
1:24) The Most Precious Cornerstone (1 Pet.
26:25) The Resurrection and the Gift of Life (John 11:25) Righteous Branch is a phrase that means “righteous branch of the tree” (Jer.
10:4) David’s ancestors (Rev.
3:14), Ruler of the Kings of the Earth (Rev.
5:23; Titus 1:4; 3:6; 2 Peter 2:20), Son of David (Lk.
4:14), Son of Man (Mt.
5:9) (1 Timothy 2:5) The Stone that the builders refused to accept (1 Timothy 2:5) (Acts 4:11) True Bread (John 6:32) and True Light (John 8:12) (John 1:9) Vine that is true to its name (John 15:1) Truth (John 1:14; 14:6)Way (John 14:6) (John 14:6) 1 Corinthians 1:24 Wisdom of GodWord (John 1:1)Word of God (John 1:1) (Rev.
100 NAMES OF JESUS
Monday Morning Review published on September 10, 2009 They were left sitting in the silence, dripping drenched from the storm, and wondering: “Who is this man?” they inquired after having witnessed firsthand Jesus’ authority and power as He called calm to a roaring sea. “Even the wind and the waves bow down to him!” –Matthew 8:27, NASB (NLT) The Bible answers this incredible question over and over again by providing us with glimpses into the nature of Jesus through the names and descriptions that we discover of Him.
By logging into the Logos Online Bible, you may look up the passages associated with each name and learn more about their context.
- Advocate (1 John 2:1)
- Almighty (Rev. 1:8
- Mt. 28:18)
- Alpha and Omega (Rev. 1:8
- Advocate (1 John 2:1)
- Amen (Rev. 3:14)
- Apostle of our Profession (Heb. 3:1)
- Atoning Sacrifice for our Sins (1 John 2:2)
- Author of Life (Acts 3:15)
- Author and Perfecter of our Faith (Heb. 12:2)
- Author of Salvation (Heb. 2:10)
- Author of Life (Acts 3:15) Starting point (Rev. 22:13)
- Ending point (Rev. 22:14)
- Beginning and end (Rev. 22:13)
- Blessed and only Ruler (1 Tim. 6:15)
- Bread of life (John 6:33
- Capstone (Acts 4:11
- 1 Peter 2:7)
- Chief cornerstone (Eph. 2:20)
- Chief shepherd (Peter 5:4)
- Christ (Acts 4:11
- 1 Peter 5:4)
- Creator (John 1:3)
I have had personal encounters with Jesus via many of the individuals on this list, but one of my biggest values is knowing Him as my buddy, which is one of my greatest riches. Do you have any knowledge of Jesus? Which of these names have you discovered Him to be in the course of your research? This entry was posted inBiblical Studies/Christianity/God/Jesus/Personal Development/Salvation| TaggedGod/Jesus/Names/Names of Jesus|73 Comments
100 Names of Jesus
Be an advocate for yourself (1 John 2:1) The Almighty (Rev. 1:8; Mt. 28:18) is the beginning and the end (Rev. 1:8; 22:13) The answer is a resounding “amen” (Rev. 3:14) Apostle of our Profession, if you will (Heb. 3:1) Sacrifice for the Atonement of our Sins (1 John 2:2) Author of One’s Own Life (Acts 3:15) The Author and Finisher of our Faith is God (Heb. 12:2) Author of the book Salvation (Heb. 2:10) the beginning and the end (Rev. 22:13) The Blessed and the One and Only Ruler (1 Tim. 6:15) God’s sourdough bread (John 6:33) The Source of Life (John 6:35; 6:48) The icing on the cake (Acts 4:11; 1 Pet.
- 2:20)Chief Shepherd (1 Peter 5:4)Christ is the Chief Cornerstone (1 John 2:22) Inventor (also known as “creator” or “inventor”) is a person or entity who creates anything (John 1:3) Deliverer is a person who delivers something (Rom.
- 9:6) (Rev.
- 1:5) Faith and True Witness (Rev.
- 1:17; 2:8; 22:13)Firstborn from the Dead (Rev.
- 1:5) (John 1:1; 20:28; Heb.
- 9:5; 2 Pet.
- 1:22; 4:15; 5:23) He is the heir of all things (Hebrews 1:2) and the High Priest (Heb.
100 Names of Jesus100 Names of Jesus
Advocate (no. 1) John 2:1Almighty – Rev. 1:8; Mt. 28:18Alpha and Omega – Rev. 1:8; 22:13Alpha and Omega – Rev. 1:8; Mt. 28:18Alpha and Omega – Rev. 1:8; Mt. 28:18 Amen – Revelation 3:14 Heb. 3:1 – The Apostle of our Profession – sacrifice for our sins (atoning sacrifice) – 1 2:2 (John 2:2) Acts 3:15 identifies the author of life. He is the Author and Finisher of our Faith – Heb. 12:2. Heb. 2:10 identifies the author of salvation. Starting point and conclusion – Rev. 22:13 1 Timothy 6:15 says that the Lord is the sole Ruler.
- Life-giving bread — John 6:35 and 6:48 Acts 4:11 and 1 Peter 2:7 serve as the apex of the sermon.
- Shepherd in Chief – 1 Peter 5:4 1John 2:22 – Christ is Lord John 1:3 refers to the creator.
- 11:26 – The Deliverer The promise of eternal life is found in 1John 1:2 and 5:20.
- 9:6Gate – John 10:9 Those who are faithful and true – Rev.
- 1:5 – A Witness Who Is Faithful God – John 1:1; 20:28; Heb.
- 9:5; 2Pet.
- John 10:11,14 – The Good Shepherd.
13:20 – The Great Shepherd.
3:7 describes God as holy and true.
1 Timothy 1:7 (Hope) Hope of Glory – 1 Corinthians 1:27 In Luke 1:69, the Horn of Salvation is described as John 8:58 says, “I Am.” 2 Corinthians 4:4 describes God as an image.
King of kings – 1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16King of kings – Mt.
15:3 – Christ is the King of the Ages.
John 1:29 refers to Jesus as the Lamb of God.
5:5The Living One – Rev.
The Lord of Glory – 1Cor.
19:16; and the Lord of Righteousness – Jer.
Hebrews 9:15 refers to Christ as the Mediator of the New Covenant.
9:6 says that God is a mighty God.
22:16) and the Offspring of David (Rev.
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God (John 1:18; 1John 4:9), the Great God and Savior (Titus 2:13) 1Corinthians 1:30 – Our Holiness 2 Corinthians 11:2 – Our Husband 2 Thessalonians 3:3 (Our Protection) 1 Corinthians 1:30 – Our Redemption 1Corinthians 1:30 – Our Righteousness 1Corinthians 5:7 – Our Passover Lamb was sacrificed for us.
- 1:24 1 Peter 2:6 – The Precious Cornerstone Isa.
- John 11:25 – The Resurrection and the Life Jeremiah 23:5 refers to the righteous branch.
- 10:4; David as the Root of David – Rev.
- 3:14 Savior – Eph.
- 1:5 Luke 18:39 refers to David as the Son of David.
- 4:14Son of Man – Mt.
- 4:14 Jesus is the Son of the Most High God, according to Luke 1:32.
- 5:9 The Source of Eternal Salvation for those who obey him – Heb.
- 9:6 says that God is a wonderful counselor.
John 1:1 – The Word Rev. 19:13 – The Word of God MGM Ministries is a non-profit organization. Monday Morning Review (is the source of this article. (As of May 2014, this page was accessed.)
All the Names of Jesus
The Various Names of Jesus The following is a list of specific names and titles that have been given to our Lord Jesus Christ. The more we study this list, the more we shall come to realize who Jesus is in his true identity. We can’t help but be drawn to Him. The King James Version of the Bible is used for all of the Scripture references. ADAM: I’m sorry, but I’m not sure what you’re talking about (1 Corinthians 15:45) As it is said, “The first man Adam was created with a living soul, and the final Adam was created with a quickening spirit.
- And if any one sins, we have an advocate with the Father in the person of Jesus Christ, the just: ALMIGHTY:(Revelation 1:8) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, said the Lord, who is and was and is to come, the Almighty, who is and was and is to come.
- I am the beginning and the end, the beginning and the end of everything.
- Surely thou art the one who has injured the dragon, and has severed Rahab’s throat.
- Who is it that the arm of the LORD has been revealed to?
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR OF ETERNAL SALVATION: (See Hebrews 5:9 for further information.) He was made perfect, and he became the author of eternal salvation for all who follow his commands.
- See, MY SERVANT, WHOM I HAVE CHOSEN; behold, my beloved, in whom my soul finds pleasure: I will put my spirit upon him, and he will judge the Gentiles.
(John 6:32) Then Jesus answered to them, “Truly, verily, I say unto you, Moses did not give you that food from heaven; but my Father gives you the genuine bread from heaven.” (John 6:32) THE CAPTAIN OF THEIR SALVATION:(Hebrews 2:10) For it was fitting for him, for whom all things are and by whom all things are, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation complete by afflictions, as he is the author of all things.
And when the main Shepherd appears, you will get a crown of glory that is imperishable (1 Peter 5:4), which will not fade away like the grass of the field.
Peter responded by saying, “The Christ of God.” A MAN WAITING FOR THE CONSOLATION OF ISRAEL: (Luke 2:25) And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem by the name of Simeon, who was righteous and devout, and who was waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon him shoulder, and his name shall be Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the dayspring from on high has come to visit us,DELIVERER:(Romans 11:26) And as it is written, “There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and he shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob,” so shall all Israel be saved: as it is written, “There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and he shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.” HAGGAI 2:7 And I will shake all countries, and the desire of all nations will come: and I will fill this house with glory, said the LORD of hosts; and I will fill this house with splendor, says the LORD of hosts.
ENTRANCE: (John 10:7) Then Jesus replied to them once again, “Really, truly, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.” GOD’S SELECT PERSON: (Isaiah 42:1) Behold, my servant, whom I maintain; my chosen, in whom my soul delighteth; I have placed my spirit upon him, and he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles, as I have said.
- FAITHFUL WITNESS:(Revelation 1:5) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the firstborn of the dead, and the prince of the kingdoms of the earth, and the firstborn of all creation.
- He is the only one who can save us.
- GRACE OF THE LORD: (Isaiah 40:5) And the glory of the LORD shall be disclosed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the word of the LORD hath been fulfilled.
- WHO ARE THE FATHERS: (Romans 9:5) Who are the fathers, and of whom as regards the flesh Christ came and who is the head of all, God blessed for all eternity Amen.
- THE GOVERNOR: (Matthew 2:6) And thou, Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least of the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall arise a Governor, who shall rule my people Israel.
Head of the Church: (Ephesians 1:22) And has placed all things under his feet, and has appointed him to be the head over all things in the church, HEIR OF ALL THINGS: (Ephesians 1:23) And has placed all things under his feet, and has appointed him to be the head over all things in the church (Hebrews 1:2) The Father has spoken to us in these latter days via his Son, whom he has designated as the heir of all things and through whom he also created the worlds; HOLY CHILD: HOLY CHILD: (Acts 4:27) Because, in reality, against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, as well as the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together,HOLY ONE: “For they were gathered together against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed.” (Acts 3:14) But you have denied the Holy One and the Just, and you have wished for a murderer to be granted to you.
- GOD’S MOST HOLY ONE: (Matthew 1:24) “Let us be alone; what do we have to do with thee, O Jesus of Nazareth?” they said.
- I know who thou are, O Holy One of God, and I recognize thee.
- HORN OF SALVATION:(Luke 1:69) And has set up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;I AM:(John 8:58) Jesus answered unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
- IMMANUEL: (Isaiah 7:14) Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and have a son, and shall call him name Immanuel.
- JESUS OF NAZARETH:(Matthew 21:11) (Matthew 21:11) And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.
- THE JUST ONE:(Acts 7:52) (Acts 7:52) Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted?
- KING OF THE AGES:(1 Timothy 1:17) Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever.
- KING OF THE JEWS: (Matthew 2:2) Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews?
KING OF KINGS:(1 Timothy 6:15) (1 Timothy 6:15) Which in his times he shall show, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; KING OF SAINTS:(Revelation 15:3) And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
LAMB:(Revelation 13:8) And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
LEADER AND COMMANDER:(Isaiah 55:4) Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.
LIGHT OF THE WORLD:(John 8:12) Then spake Jesus again vnto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me will not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
LORD OF ALL:(Acts 10:36) The message which God sent unto the children of Israel, proclaiming peace through Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)LORD OF GLORY:(1 Corinthians 2:8) (1 Corinthians 2:8) Which none of the rulers of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
- MAN OF SORROWS: (Isaiah 53:3) He is despised and rejected by mankind; he is a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief: and we turned away from him, as if we were ashamed of him; he was despised, and we did not regard him as worthy of our respect.
- (Malachi 3:1) See, I will send my messenger, and he will pave the way before me; and the Lord, whom you seek, shall suddenly come to his temple; even his messenger of the covenant, whom you delight in: behold, the LORD of hosts will send him to you.
- (See also John 1:41) In the beginning, he seeks for his own brother Simon and informs him that they have discovered the Messiah, which is to be translated as the Christ.
- JACOB THE Great: (Isa.
- I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify unto you of these things in the churches, according to the Scriptures (Revelation 22:16).
- NAZARENE: (Matthew 2:23) And he came and resided in a city called Nazareth, in order that the prophecy of the prophets, “He shall be called a Nazarene,” may be fulfilled.
- OUR PASSOVER FEAST: (1 Corinthians 5:7) Purge out the old leaven, so that you may be a new lump, as if you had never been leavened before.
- THE PRINCE OF KINGS (PRINCE OF KINGS): (Revelation 1:5) From Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the prince of the kingdoms of the earth, we pray: To him who loved us and washed us clean from our sins with his own blood, we give thanks.
PROPHET: (Luke 24:19) And he said unto them, “What things are you talking about?” Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, who was a prophet powerful in deed and word before God and all the people:(Acts 3:22) For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet like unto me shall the Lord your God raise up unto you from among your brethren; him shall ye hear in all things whatever he shall say unto you.
- ROCK: I’m not going to lie, I’m a little apprehensive about this one (1 Corinthians 10:4) And they all drank from the same spiritual well: for they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was none other than Jesus Christ himself.
- ROSE OF SHARON: (Song of Songs 2:1) I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys, and the flower of the valleys is my name.
- IN THE SEED OF WOMAN:(Genesis 3:15) And I will set enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy offspring and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and it shall bruise thy heels; it shall bruise thy head, and it shall bruise his heel.
- Shiloh is the name of the place where the people will meet, according to Genesis 49:10.
- He didn’t say anything, but he was silent and didn’t say anything.
Jesus, the Son of God, remained in Egypt until the death of Herod, in order that the prophecy of the Lord, spoken through the prophet, might be fulfilled, saying, “Out of Egypt I have called my son.” (Matthew 2:15) HIS NAMES WILL BE GREAT AND HE WILL BE CALLED THE SON OF THE HIGHEST: (Luke 1:32) And the Lord God will give him the throne of his father David: However, to those who fear my name, the Sun of righteousness will arise with healing in his wings, and ye shall go forth and grow up as calves of the stall (Malachi 4:2), but to those who do not fear my name, the Sun of righteousness will not arise with healing in his wings.
- TRUE LIGHT: (John 1:9) That was the true Light, and it is the Light that shines on every man who enters the world.
- The truth is that the Word became flesh and lived among us (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only born of the Father,) and that he was full of grace and truth (John 1:14; 14:6).
- WORD:(John 1:1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- If this message has been a blessing to you and you would like to see more messages like it posted on this site, you can help make this happen by making a donation to Christ Unlimited Ministries.
- Donate Betty Miller has also published a number of books on a variety of different subjects.
All of Jesus’ names are discussed in this lesson. Other related topics include: The Four Spiritual Laws that Lead You to Jesus; The Blood of Jesus; The Biblical Prophecies that Jesus Fulfilled; and How to Know Jesus. URL:Jesus is known by many names, including King of Kings, Messiah, and Emmanuel.
The End of the Article
The Bible is replete with allusions to who Jesus is, his life, His Lordship, and the work that He has come to do. Some of the names, titles, and verses from God’s Word are included here for your convenience. As we go through it, we can’t help but give Him gratitude and praise, for He is our Savior and Lord, and He is the one who liberates us. 1.The Almighty One–”.who is and has been and will be for all time, the Almighty.” Alpha and Omega–”I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End,” says Jesus in Revelation 1:82.
- Scripture: Heb.
- In Matthew 3:78, the bridegroom is addressed as follows: “Can the wedding guests weep as long as the bridegroom is present?
- The Chief Cornerstone–”The stone that the builders rejected has now been elevated to the position of chief cornerstone.” Psalm 118:2210, “And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he resurrected from the grave, Jesus, who rescues us from the wrath to come,” says the author.
- “I saw heaven open out before me, and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is known as Faithful and True,” says the prophet.
- “I am the good shepherd,” says the good shepherd.
- “Therefore, because we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firm to our confession,” says the Apostle Paul.
4:1414 (Hebrews 4:1414) All Things are Beneath His Feet–”And he placed all things under his feet and appointed him as head over all things to the church.” In Ephesians 1:2215, the Holy Servant says, “.and grant that Your bond-servants may utter Your word with complete confidence, while You stretch Your hand to cure and miracles and wonders occur in the name of Your holy servant Jesus.”” Acts 4:29-3016 is a biblical passage.
- “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” John 8:5817 is a Bible verse.
- 2 Corinthians 9:1519.
- Acts 10:4220 is a verse from the Bible.
- Lamb of God– “The next day, when John saw Jesus approaching him, he exclaimed, “Lamb of God!” “”Behold, the Lamb of God, who wipes away the sin of the world!” says the prophet.
Anyone who follows me will never walk in the dark, but will always have the light of life shining in their hearts.” John 8:1223, Lion of the Tribe of Judah–”Do not weep any longer; for see, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, and he will open the scroll and its seven seals,” says the Savior.
5:524, “For this reason also, God highly exalted Him and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” “For this reason also, God highly exalted Him and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow 2:9–1125; Philippians 2:1–11.
- “For there is only one God, and there is only one mediator between God and humanity, the man Christ Jesus,” the Bible says.
- “We have discovered the Messiah,” says the group “The Christ, to be precise.” John 1:4127 is a verse from the Gospel of John.
- As the Son says, “If the Son sets you free, then your true freedom has been achieved.” 8:3629 (Joh.
- “Christ Jesus is our hope,” the Bible says.
- “For he himself is our peace.” 1 Thess.
- 2:1431; 3 Thess.
2:1431; 4 Thess.
2:1431; 4 Thess.
2:1431; 4 Thess.
2:1431; 4 Thess.
2:1431; 4 Thess.
Mark 6:432 is a biblical passage.
“.that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, and that he was resurrected on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,” says the Apostle Paul.
“Because they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ,” the apostle Paul writes.
Jesus as Son of Man (Luke 2:1137)–”For the Son of Man has come to seek and to rescue the lost.”” “He will be great, and he will be called the Son of the Most High,” says Luke 19:1038 of the Son of the Most High.
“By Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities- all things have been created through Him and for Him,” says Luke 1:3239.
It is possible for someone who believes in me to survive even if they die.” “I am the entrance,” says Jesus in John 11:2541.
“There is no other way to the Father but through me.” According to John 14:643, the Word was created first, and then the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Truth–”And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free,” says Jesus in John 15:145.” “To the one who is victorious, I will grant the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.” John 8:3246.Victorious One–”To the one who is victorious, I will grant the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.” 3.2147–50 (Revelation 3:2147–50).
- Wonderful Counselor, mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace are some of the titles that have been given to him.
- 9:6 (Isa.
- He is the only one who is deserving.
- “Please, God, help me.
- Thank you for sending your one and only Son, so that we can be rescued through His death and resurrection.
Join Debbie Webb McDaniel on Fresh Day Ahead’s Facebook page, Debbie Webb McDaniel, each morning for daily encouragement in living strong, free, and hope-filled lives. You may also find her on Twitter and on her website. (Image for the main article courtesy of Pexels / Jeswin Thomas.)
Over 100 Biblical Names Of God – UrbanAreas.net
(Themes for Christian Study) With more knowledge of God’s existence, the more titles were given to him by his people. Elohim is a Hebrew word that means “powerful one” or “creator.” Jehovah-raah is a kind and forgiving shepherd. Jehovah-jireh, the Lord who provides, is the name of the Lord who provides. During the period of the Old Testament, a name served not only as identification, but also as a means of establishing one’s identity. In many cases, the name had a specific significance associated to it.
When we examine the names that God has revealed to us in the Bible, we will gain a deeper understanding of who He truly is.
These are only a few of the titles of God that are used to define his personality.
The following is a list of biblical names for God that may be found in both the Old and New Testaments.
1st Appellant Almighty– Revelation 1:8Alpha– Revelation 1:8Amen– Revelation 3:14Angel of the Lord– Genesis 16:7Anointed One– Psalm 2:2Anointed One– Revelation 3:14Anointed One– Psalm 2:2 Author and Perfector of our Faith– Hebrews 12:2 Apostle– Hebrews 3:1 First and foremost, Revelation 21:6Bishop of Souls, First and foremost, 1 Peter 2:25 Branches of Life – Zechariah 3:8Bread of Life – John 6:35 and 48 Matthew 9:15 describes the bridegroom.
- Mark 6:3 (Carpenter) 1 Peter 5:4 identifies the chief shepherd.
- Jeremiah 8:18 describes the comforter.
- Ephesians 2:20 identifies the cornerstone.
- 2 Peter 1:19 is the day star.
- Haggai 2:7 explains the desire of nations.
- In the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit– Revelation 3:14First Fruits– 1 Corinthians 15:23 Isaiah 28:16 serves as the foundation.
- 2 Corinthians 9:15 says that God has given us a gift.
Isaiah 60:1 declares the glory of God.
Matthew 2:6 explains the governor.
Psalm 48:14 serves as a guide.
Hebrews 3:1 identifies the High Priest as Isaiah 41:14 refers to the Holy One of Israel.
Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 1:21) and King of Israel (Matthew 27:42) God’s Lamb (John 1:29); 1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16; 1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16; Revelation 19:16 1 Corinthians 15:45 refers to the Last Adam.
Light of the World– John 8:12; John 9:5Lion of the Tribe of Judah– Revelation 5:5Lord of Lords– 1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16Light of the World– John 8:12; John 9:5Lion of the Tribe of Judah– Revelation 5:5Lion of the Tribe of Judah– Revelation 5:5Lord of Lords– 1 Timothy 6:15 The Master is found in Matthew 23:8; the Mediator is found in 1 Timothy 2:5.
- Nazarenes are those who follow Matthew 2:23.
- 1 Corinthians 5:7 refers to the Passover Lamb.
- Timothy 6:15 refers to a potentate.
- Isaiah 9:6 refers to the Prince of Peace.
- Propitiation is found in I John 2:2.
- 1 John 1:49 (Rabbi) 1 Timothy 2:6 (Ransom) Isaiah 41:14 refers to the Redeemer.
- Isaiah 25:4 is a verse of refuge.
Jeremiah 23:6 speaks about righteousness.
Revelation 22:16 refers to the Davidic lineage as the “Root of David.” Song of Solomon 2:11 – The Rose of Sharon Revelation 3:14 describes God as the Ruler of God’s Creation.
2 Samuel 22:47; Luke 1:47 are examples of the Savior.
Galatians 3:16 refers to Abraham’s seed.
The Shepherd — 1 Peter 2:25 Shiloh is mentioned in Genesis 49:10.
Jesus Christ, the Son of God – Luke 1:35 Son of Man – Matthew 18:11Son of Mary – Mark 6:3Son of Man – Matthew 18:11 Luke 1:32 describes Jesus as the Son of the Most High.
Matthew 26:18 teaches us about becoming a teacher. John 14:6 teaches us about truth. John 14:6 explains the way. Isaiah 9:6 says that the Lord is a wonderful counselor. John 1:1 is the Bible’s first verse. John 15:1 describes the vine.
OLD TESTAMENT (THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES OR TANACH)
The following are topics for Christian study: With more knowledge of God, the more titles were given to him by his people. Strong one, or the creator, is referred to as Elohim. Jehovah-raah is a loving shepherd who cares for his sheep and their needs. Jesus, the Lord who provides, is known as Jehovah-jireh (Jehovah-provider). An individual’s name was not only a means of identification, but it was also a means of identifying and identity in the Old Testament period. In many cases, a specific meaning was associated with the given name.
It is only through studying the names that He has revealed to us in the Bible that we will come to a deeper understanding of who God truly is.
All of these are names for God that define his personality and attributes.
In the next section, you will find a list of the Biblical names for God that appear in both the Old and New Testaments.
1 – a lawyer Almighty– Revelation 1:8Alpha– Revelation 1:8Amen– Revelation 3:14Angel of the Lord– Genesis 16:7Anointed One– Psalm 2:2Anointed One– Revelation 3:14 Author and Perfecter of our Faith– Hebrews 12:2 Apostle– Hebrews 3:1 First and foremost, Revelation 21:6Bishop of Souls, First and foremost, 1 Peter 2:25.
- 1 Peter 5:4 identifies the Chief Shepherd.
- Ephesians 2:20 describes the cornerstone.
- Peter 1:19 (the day star) Romans 11:26 identifies the Deliverer.
- Isaiah 9:6 says that God is an everlasting Father.
- Zechariah 13:1Friend of Sinners (Matthew 11:19) – Fountain of Living Water a Gate for the Sheep (John 10:7).
- In the beginning, God–John 1:1– Isa.
- Psalm 48:14 serves as a model.
- Hebrews 3:1 – High Priest Isaiah 41:14 refers to the Most Holy One of Israel.
- Psalm 83:18 (Jehovah) – KING OF ISRAEL – Matthew 27:42Jesus (Matthew 1:21) God’s Lamb (John 1:29); 1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16; 1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16; Revelation 19:16.
Lord of Lords– 1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16Light of the World– John 8:12; John 9:5Lion of the Tribe of Judah– Revelation 5:5Lion of the Tribe of Judah– Revelation 5:5Lion of the Tribe of Judah– Revelation 5:5Lion of the Tribe of Judah– Revelation 5:5Lion of the Tribe of Jud The Master is found in Matthew 23:8; the Mediator is found in 1 Timothy 2:5; God Almighty– Isaiah 9:6Messiah– John 1:41 Revelation 22:16 (Morning Star) – Jesus called them Nazarenes (Matthew 2:23).
- Revelation 1:8 describes Omega as the first letter of the Greek alphabet; 1 Corinthians 5:7 – The Passover Lamb.
- In 1 Timothy 6:15, the potentate is described as Hebrews 4:15 (priest) Isa 9:6 – “The Prince of Peace” (Acts 3:22) Prophet Propitiation is found in I John 2:2 (New International Version).
- Revelatory verse 22:16 reveals the origin of the Davidic dynasty.
- Ephesians 5:2 speaks about sacrifice.
- 1 Corinthians 15:47 refers to Adam as the second person.
- A woman’s seed (Genesis 3:15) is referred to as the Seed of David (Titus 2:18).
- The Shepherd – 1 Peter 2:25 In Genesis 49:10, Shiloh is referred to as Matthew 15:22 refers to the son of David.
- In Matthew 18:11, the Son of Man is identified as the Son of Mary, who is identified as the Son of Mary.
Father’s Beloved Son – Luke 1:32 Isaiah 28:16 (Stone) – (Malachi 4:2) The Sun of Righteousness Matt. 26:18 (Teacher) – John 14:6 teaches us the truth. John 14:6 explains how to get there. Isaiah 9:6 – The Most Excellent Counselor John 1:1 is the Bible’s first word. 1 John 15:1 – The Vine
NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURES (GREEK)
KURIOS: (kurios) “Lord” is a Greek word that appears around 600 times in the New Testament. DESPOTES: (despotes) “Lord” is mentioned five times in the Bible: Lu. 2:29; Acts 4:24; 2 Peter 2:1; Jude 4; and Rev. 6:10 In the New Testament, the word THEOS (yeos) is translated as “God” (equal to the Hebrew Elohim) 1,000 times. In the New Testament, all three persons of the trinity are referred to as “God” at various points. I AM: When Jesus declared in John 8:58, “Before Abraham existed, I AM,” he caused consternation among his contemporaries.
- Originating from the Hebrew Old Testament word “to be,” which denotes a living, intelligent, and personal being.
- 2 Corinthians 2:9; Romans 1:20.
- SOTER: (soter) “Savior” is an abbreviation for “Savior.” Luke 1:4 (NIV) 7.THE WORD: (logos) ALMIGHTY (pantokrator): 2 Corinthians 6:18, Revelation 9:6, for example 19:6; John 1:1ff The Bible, About.com, Idolphin.org, and Christianity.com are all good resources.
There are around 600 occurrences of KURIOS (kurios) in the NT. A DESPOTES: (despotes) The word “Lord” appears five times in the Bible: Lu. 2:29, Acts 4:24, 2 Peter 2:1, Jude 4, and Rev. 6:10. 1,000 times in the New Testament, the word THEOS means “God” (equal to the Hebrew Elohim). It is possible to find references to “God” in all three persons of the trinity throughout the New Testament. When Jesus proclaimed, “Before Abraham existed, I AM,” in John 8:58, he caused consternation among his time.
A living, intelligent, and personal being descended from the Hebrew OT verb “to be.” Godhead is the term used by theotes to refer to the divine being.
SOTER: (soter) “Savior” is an abbreviation for “Savior”.
MESSAGE FOR THE WEEK: (logos) ALMIGHTY (pantokrator): 2 Corinthians 6:18; Revelation 9:6, for example.
All the names of Jesus
Many people were perplexed when Jesus was seen going across the Sea of Galilee in Matthew 8:27, prompting the question, “Who is this man?
“Even the winds and the oceans bow down to Him.” What is this mysterious Man with over 100 aliases? Let’s take a look at all of the names that Jesus has been given.
- The Almighty (Rev. 1:8
- Matthew 28:18)
- The Alpha and Omega (Rev. 1:8
- The Apostle of our Profession (Heb. 3:14)
- The Atoning Sacrifice for our Sins (1 John 2:2)
- The Author and Perfecter of our Faith (Heb. 12:2)
- The Author of Salvation (Heb. 2:10)
- The Advocate (1 John 2:1)
- The Almighty (Rev. 1:8
- The Alpha and
The Bible states in Hebrews 2:10, “For it was fitting for him, for whom all things are, and through whom all things are, in bringing many sons into glory, to make the author of their salvation complete by sufferings,” meaning through afflictions the author of their salvation became perfect. When it says that Jesus is the Author of Salvation, what exactly does that mean? Not only is He the one who saves us, but there would be no salvation at all if He were not the author of salvation. He drafted the salvation pact, if you will, if you will pardon the expression.
- Starting point and conclusion (Rev. 22:13)
- Blessed and only Ruler (1 Tim. 6:15)
- Bread of Life (John 6:33
- Capstone (Acts 4:11
- 1 Peter 2:7)
- Chief Cornerstone (Eph. 2:20)
- Chief Shepherd (1 Peter 5:4)
- Christ (1 John 2:22)
- Creator (John 1:3)
- Deliverer (Rom. 11:26)
- Eternal Life (1 John 1:2
In Revelation 22:13, it says, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” This means that God is the beginning and the end. Jesus is the first and most important. Nothing is older than He is. He’s been like this since the beginning. Jesus will continue to exist even after everything else has been destroyed. The Last, the victor, the King of Heaven and Earth at the end of time, he is the Last, the victorious one. Of all of Jesus’ names, this is the one that can help us grasp the concept that nothing existed prior to Jesus and that nothing or no one will exist after Him.
- Christ the Firstborn from the Dead (Rev. 1:5)
- God (John 1:1
- Heb. 1:8
- Rom. 9:5
- 2 Pet. 1:1
- 1 John 5:20)
- The Good Shepherd (John 10:11,14)
- The Great Shepherd (Heb. 13:20)
- The Head of the Church (Eph. 1:22
- The Heir of all Things (Heb. 1:2)
- The High Priest (Heb. 2:17)
“Jesus spoke to them once again, “I am the light of the world; whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” “I am the light of the world,” Jesus said again. John 8:12 encourages us to walk with God in the midst of our daily lives. If we follow Jesus, we will be able to see the road ahead of us. What a scary experience it must be for those who are wandering in the dark. We may avoid many pitfalls on the road of life if we follow the Light of the World, but we cannot escape all difficulties if we do not follow the Light of the World.
- He is referred to as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah (Rev. 5:5), the Living One (Rev. 1:18), the Living Stone (1 Peter 2:4), the Lord (2 Peter 2:20), the LORD (YHWH) our Righteousness (Jer. 23:6), the Man from Heaven (1 Cor. 15:48), the Mediator of the New Covenant (1 Cor. 15:48), the Morning Star (Rev. 22:16), the Offspring of David
When Moses spoke to the Israelites in Exodus 3:22, the Bible states that “the Lord God would raise up for you a prophet like me from among your brethren.” “Ye shall pay attention to him in all things that he shall utter vnto you.” It is imperative that we as Christians pay attention to and heed Jesus’ every word, according to the term Prophet, which stands out among all of Jesus’ names. Jesus spoke only what was true, and what He said will come to pass in the end. This is something we can be assured of.
- The Resurrection and the Life (John 11:25)
- The Righteous Branch (Jer. 23:5)
- The Righteous One (Acts 7:52
- 1 John 2:1)
- The Rock (1 Cor. 10:4)
- The Root of David (Rev. 5:5
- The Savior (Eph. 5:23
- Titus 1:4
- 2 Peter 2:20)
- The Son of David (Lk. 18:39
- Heb. 4:14)
According to 1 Timothy 2:5, “For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, himself man, Christ Jesus,” meaning that there is only one God. Sinful humans only have one chance to be reconciled with God, and that is via the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
The realization of this is the first step toward eternal existence. Jesus is the only one who is without flaws, and He is the only one who can petition God on our behalf. God is willing to look at us with mercy as a result of His flawless nature.
- Truth (John 1:14
- Way (John 14:6)
- Wisdom of God (1 Cor. 1:24)
- Wonderful Counselor (Isaiah 9:6)
- Word (John 1:1)
- Word of God (Rev. 19:13)
- True Bread (John 6:32)
- True Light (John 1:9)
- True Vine (John 15:1)
- Truth (John 1:14
Every one of Jesus’ names is significant in our lives. The solution to our issues may be found in Jesus, no matter what is causing us concern. Knowing all of Jesus’ names allows us to have a better understanding of who He is, and we begin to realize that He is all we require. We have Jesus as the answer to all of our questions. Learn everything there is to know about Jesus and all of His titles, and you will come to know God himself.