‘Jesus Christ Superstar Live’ Encore: How to Watch, What Time and What Channel
Understanding what it looks like to live a life like Jesus is even more crucial than learning about his bone structure and clothing choices. Today, you may emulate Jesus’ appearance in three ways: 1. Make God the center of your life. While Jesus was on this planet, he was completely reliant on his heavenly Father. As an example, when faced with the temptation of sin, he cited Deuteronomy: “Man shall not live by food alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4). The following is what Jesus stated about his mission: “For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me,” he added.
The Holy Spirit empowered Jesus to work miracles whenever he did so, and he did so in accordance with the Father’s instructions.
Likewise, yours ought to.
Giving your life for the sake of others is a noble and noble act.
- We were given life in order to have it abundantly, and He came so we could have it (John 10:10).
- As an alternative, he humbled himself and was completely submissive to the point of death on a crucifixion (Philippians 2:1-10).
- That is the minimum we should strive for.
- We have been entrusted with a measure of influence, resources, passions, and abilities that are intended to be utilized for the benefit of others—to turn their hearts to the God who saves.
- According to some, Jesus came as a nobody for the sake of the nobodys.
- As spiritual equals, he regarded women with honor and reverence (Luke 10:38-42).
- It was the fact that they were all ostracized that brought them together.
He hung around with the types of individuals who no one wanted to spend time with, including himself.
2 Corinthians 8:9 (New International Version).
More diverse characters in a tale.
A narrative that has the appearance of being about Christ.
Featured Image from of Pixels/Rodolphoclix In addition to being authors and lecturers, Dale Chamberlain (M.Div.) and his wife, Tamara, are enthusiastic in examining the meaning of what it means to live life to the fullest in Christ.
To contact Dale and Tamara, go to herandhymn.com. You may also contact them on Facebook.
What Time is Jesus Christ Superstar Live on Tonight?
Easter Sunday brings with it a plethora of chocolate, brightly colored eggs, and candy-filled baskets galore. But let’s not lose sight of the real reason we’re celebrating today: it’s the holiest day of the year for Christians, after all. In addition, if you’re looking for a way to make the religious aspect of the holiday even more exciting, you should plan to watchJesus Christ Superstar Live, NBC’s next live musical production. It’s going to be incredible, and believe us when we say you don’t want to miss it.
- And, more importantly, where can you view it?
- Here’s what you can expect to see and hear tonight: Originally released as a blockbuster concept album in 1970, Jesus Christ Superstar was staged on Broadway in 1971.
- (In other words, you already know it’s going to be good.) Jesus’ final week of life is the subject of the play, which is told from the perspective of Judas, who was one of Jesus’ twelve disciples and the one who ultimately betrayed him.
- Sticking to the fundamentals and concentrating solely on the story of Jesus Christ and his final days on Earth are the goals of this project.
John Legend will play Jesus Christ, which you definitely know if you follow Chrissy Teigen on social media.
Brandon is a member of the Hamilton’s team. Judas will be played by Victor Dixon, Mary Magdalene will be played by Sara Bareilles, and King Herod will be played by Alice Cooper. David Leveaux is in charge of the direction.
The live show is going to be broadcast from the Marcy Armory in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
So even if you live a long, long distance away, you may still take pleasure in it in all of its live splendour. When does Jesus Christ Superstar Live take place? It will run on NBC from 8 p.m. to 10:15 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It will also be available for streaming on Hulu and NBC. The program boasts an impressive ensemble and is predicted to be a lot of fun to watch on the whole. This is one of the most significant stories in history, and it plays such a crucial role in the celebration of the Easter holiday.
NBC offers FREE streaming of “Jesus Christ Superstar” starring John Legend
If you are looking for free streaming of “Jesus Christ Superstar,” which stars John Legend, you have arrived at the right place. NOTE: If you were unable to see the majority of NBC’s televised performance ofJesus Christ Superstar on Sunday because to the continual storm updates, you can watch it again at your leisure – for a limited time — by streaming the show. Simply download the NBC app for your smart TV or other streaming device, launch it, and search for the show’s name in the search bar.
The original post may be found below the line.
It is through the eyes of a very envious Judas Iscariot that the final seven days of Christ’s life are shown in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s ground-breaking rock opera, The Last Week of Christ.
And, of course, there’s the fantastic soundtrack. This Easter weekend, you may see two distinct versions of the same movie in two different ways.
Watch an encore performance on NBC, starring John Legend
NBC will bring back its Emmy-winning production of Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert, which premiered in 2011. Our Editor’s Pick here at Atlanta On The Cheap is the following video; if you haven’t seen it already, mark your calendar. Sunday, April 12th, at 7 p.m. ET, the show will appear on the NBC television network as part of its Easter programming. This amazing spectacle first aired live on NBC on Easter Sunday, 2018, and it continues to be broadcast on the network. Our favorite thing about the cast is how varied and inclusive they are, almost in the spirit ofHamilton.
- John Legend portrays Jesus Christ, Sara Bareilles portrays Mary Magdalene, Brandon Victor Dixon portrays Judas, Alice Cooper portrays King Herod, Ben Daniels portrays Pontius Pilate, Norm Lewis portrays Caiaphas, Jin Ha portrays Annas, Jason Tam portrays Peter, and Erik Gronwall portrays Simon.
You can see a trailer here:
Every Friday, Andrew Lloyd Webber contributes to the social distancing effort by making one of his musicals available for free streaming on the internet. Their broadcasts are broadcast on his new YouTube channel, The Shows Must Go On! Each feature-length program will be made available for streaming on YouTube at 2 p.m. on Friday and will be available for viewing for the following 48 hours, with no subscription required. Jesus Christ Superstar, of course, was the film that was released on Good Friday.
on Easter Sunday to see this dramatization, which was released in 2012 and stars Spice Girl Melanie Chisholm as Mary Magdalene and Ben Forster as Jesus, on Netflix.
Want to support Atlanta on the Cheap?
You may now make a little gift to BuyMeACoffee by clicking here. Even a small donation of $5 helps to keep us up and running. Purchase me a day’s worth of site hosting!
Stay in the know! Subscribe to our newsletter.
According to NBC, the network will broadcast Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert, featuring John Legend and Sara Bareilleson, on Sunday, April 12th! Take a look at the promotional video below! The cast of Jesus Christ Superstar Live included Oscar, Golden Globe, and Tony Award winners, as well as a 10-time Grammy Award winner. celebrated music artist, songwriter, and Broadway starSara Bareilles has been cast as Mary Magdalene, with rock legendAlice Cooper as the flamboyant King Herod and acclaimed recording artist, songwriter, and Broadway starJohn Legend as Jesus Christ In addition to Norm Lewis as Caiaphas, Jin Haas as Annas, and Jason Tamas as Peter, the cast includes: An unprecedented live production of the legendary 1971 Broadway rock opera with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Tim Rice will take place at this NBCevent on November 3.
Andrew Lloyd Webber, Tim Rice, Marc Platt, Craig Zadan, and Neil Meron will serve as executive producers for the production.
It is based on the events of Jesus’ last week on earth.
This production was nominated for five Tony Awards, including one for Vereen for his performance in the show’s Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical. Lloyd Webber received the Drama Desk Award for Most Promising Composer for his work on The Phantom of the Opera.
How to watch ‘Jesus Christ Superstar Live’ this Easter Sunday
Jesus Christ Superstar Live, a real-time rendition of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s legendary musical, will kick off NBC’s live musical programming on Easter Sunday. There have been other past live-musical performances, including Peter Pan Live(awkward), The Wiz Live(transcendent), and The Sound of Music Live, among others (an insult to the genre). During the production of Superstar, John Legend will portray Andrew Lloyd Webber’s interpretation of Jesus of Nazareth, who will be recast as a rock vocalist who excels in falsetto high notes.
When it comes to musical parts, NBC has made the error of casting famous pop singers, despite the fact that most shows require double- or triple-threat performers, meaning those who can also act and dance in addition to singing and performing.
In the character of Maria, Carrie Underwood was cast, a position that had been played by Julie Andrews for decades, and fans rapidly informed the network that the show was not one of their favorite things to watch.
The show will rely on two Broadway veterans—Bareilles had a successful run inWaitress (and recently announced her return to the role), and Dixon joinedHamilton in 2016 as a replacement for Leslie Odom Jr., who played the original Aaron Burr—and Legend has some acting experience, having appeared in the filmLa La Land.
- Christ Superstar Live is an American television special produced by NBC.
- Eastern Standard Time, you can login intoNBC’s live streaming service using your cable provider information.
- In order to avoid being left behind by cord-cutters, the network uploads digital download copies of each musical to its NBC “full episode app,” which is normally available within a few days after the show’s live television premiere.
- But if you want to witness John Legend attempt to hit every single high note live on stage on Sunday evening, you’ll have to check in to the show.
What’s on TV Sunday: ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ and ‘The Child in Time’ (Published 2018)
John Legend takes on the role of Jesus and walks in his footsteps. In addition, Benedict Cumberbatch will appear in a new film on grief and loss.
What’s on TV
THE SUPERSTAR JESUS CHRIST PERFORMED LIVE IN CONCERT The show will air at 8 p.m. on NBC. Watching John Legend in the role of Jesus is a great way to celebrate Easter. The R & B artist will take center stage in Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice’s once-vilified but now-canon rock musical, in which he will portray the son of God. “It was difficult for me to turn down the part of Jesus Christ,” Mr. Legend said to The New York Times. In addition to him, a stellar ensemble including Sara Bareilles as Mary Magdalene and Alice Cooper as King Herod will play at the live Brooklyn armory concert on March 31.
- BASEBALL IN THE MAJOR LEAGUE Despite the fact that there has been a significant blizzard recently, baseball is continuing to signal the arrival of spring in the United States.
- Louis Cardinals will take on the New York Mets at 1:10 p.m.
- On the other hand, the San Francisco Giants aim to kick off another year of Even Year Magic at 8:37 p.m.
- during their series finale against the Los Angeles Dodgers, who came within one win of winning the World Series last year.
- BEVERLY HILLS DOG SHOW & EXHIBITION On USA, the show starts at 6 p.m.
- BLOOD IN ICE COLD TEMPERATURE On Oxygen, the show starts at 7 p.m.
- Is it any good, by the way?
- is the EASIEST job on the face of the planet.
- on PBSTHE CHILD IN TIME (check local listings).
As Stephen Lewis, a writer who loses touch with his daughter (Kelly Macdonald), he and his wife (Kelly Macdonald) struggle to cope with the trauma, and he is soon beset by memory skips and hallucinations that cause him to lose his grip on reality.
Image courtesy of ABC and the Everett Collection ROSEANNEonAmazon Prime is a celebrity. “Fuller House” didn’t get nearly as many headlines as it should have. The first episode of the remake of Roseanne Barr’s family sitcom, which premiered last week to massive ratings and a congratulatory phone call from President Barack Obama, thrust the show into the heart of the country’s cultural war. By binge-watching the first nine seasons, you may transport yourself back to a more peaceful period. (Here’s a list of the finest episodes to get you started.)
Amazon.com: Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert (Original Soundtrack of the NBC Television Event) : Original Television Cast of Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert: Movies & TV
verified purchaseReviewed in the United States on June 15, 2018Verified Purchase I really enjoyed the television special, and I’ve re-watched it several times since recording it on my DVR. I’m overjoyed to have a copy of the movie now that I can view it without having to go through the countless ads (really Google did you have to have a commercial with John Legend in it – kind of ruined the whole Jesus thing). While the video quality is excellent, I didn’t anticipate it to differ significantly from the television show.
- The interview with Andrew Lloyd Weber that NBC conducted would have been excellent, and the interviews with the stars of other television programs would have been nice as well.
- In addition, there are footage of what it took to put the performance together – the rehearsals must have been exhausting, not to mention the choreography lessons.
- Many people, like myself, rely on it to enhance the overall sound quality of the recording.
- Nonetheless, I am thrilled to have the DVD and want to watch it several times.
- While I was not expecting the world to be comparing a normal DVD to a 1080 broadcast, this DVD does not provide sound or visuals in the way that I had hoped.
- Even the white titles at the beginning of the film have a tiny off-white tint to them.
- It appears that I will not be deleting my DVR recording and will instead simply shelf this DVD and let anybody to borrow it.
- I was wrong.
- One of my favorite renditions of this piece, with a lovely “dream” cast in the background.
- The performance was nonetheless an exciting experience despite the abrupt pauses caused by advertising that disrupted the flow of the piece.
Now it’s a bit hit or miss, with some very stunning exclusions thrown in for good measure (I mean you FOX and your “Rocky Horror Picture Show” production.) It is now available, and even though there is no blu-ray edition and the sound quality is not the best (although it is still quite good), you may finally watch the show in its entirety.
- The staging, the casting, and the overall flow are all very stunning to behold.
- The product was reviewed in the United States on December 15, 2018 and it was verified as a purchase.
- The singing in this rendition is excellent – you’ve got to appreciate John Legend’s voice.
- It was a hoot to witness Alice Cooper perform Herod on stage.
- The majority of the actors took it easy on the acting.
- It is referred to as ‘Live in Concert’ in this context.
- Despite this, I truly enjoy this performance, as well as the music and lyrics, and the Libretto is nearly same in all of its versions.
The overall singing quality in the 2012 Arena Event is perhaps the greatest it has ever been.
My favorite aspect of this one is Dixon’s entire performance as Judas, which I think is very effective.
Purchase that has been verified This is a fantastic adaptation of the Jesus Christ Superstar film series.
The characters come to life and elicit all of the tremendous emotions that the audience is feeling.
The vocals of John Legend and Sara Bareilles are both stunning.
Brandon Victor Dixon had an outstanding performance as Judas.
I was fairly familiar with the original song, so I recognized each character quickly and was able to follow their story without difficulty.
(In particular, Norm Lewis.) I watched the most of this during Easter, however the commercial breaks detracted from the experience.
I’ll be able to watch it over and over again now!
A delightful surprise was in store for me.
The production was spectacular, but there were no captions to accompany it!
This is quite frustrating! I would only purchase this DVD if my hearing were comparable to that of an eighteen-year-old. I believe that I had difficulty comprehending the words, and as a result, the entire event was an unpleasant experience.
Top reviews from other countries
5.0 stars out of 5 for this product Amazing performances, as well as an incredible production On June 19, 2018, a reviewer in the United Kingdom expressed satisfaction with their purchase. I have never seen a better rendition of “Superstar” than this one. It must have been incredible to be present at the live broadcast, and the audience reaction adds significantly to the intensity of the performance, at times practically becoming a part of the cast. In the years since 1974, I’ve seen every production of this musical, whether on stage or on screen, and have liked them all, but this one takes the cake.
- 3.0 stars out of 5 for this product JCS is being updated in real time.
- You can tell it was designed for American television because of all the commercial breaks that would have otherwise been filled with advertisements.
- With a large cast, the production is excellent.
- Brandon Victor Dixon, who portrays Judas, is the true star of the play, with his excellent and dramatic performance.
- 4.0 stars out of 5 for this product Exceptional television production On October 10, 2021, a review was published in the United Kingdom, confirming the purchase.
- It is a must purchase.
- 5.0 stars out of 5 for this product The level of excellence in the singing.
- Although it didn’t have the effect I was hoping for, I still found it to be enjoyable.
- 5.0 stars out of 5 for this product Amazing On March 9, 2021, the United Kingdom will conduct a review.
Purchase that has been verified This musical interpretation of the crucifixion is quite remarkable. The major performers and supporting ensemble will have you gasping for air and completely captivated. It is definitely worthwhile to purchase!
Recording of Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert Released Digitally April 6
Albums of Cast Recordings The live concert recording of Jesus Christ Superstar was made. The album was released digitally on April 6th. John Legend, Sara Bareilles, Brandon Victor Dixon, Norm Lewis, Jason Tam, and other celebrities appeared on the television show. Masterworks On April 6, Broadway Records will release the digital version of Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert, the original soundtrack to the NBC broadcast program. The actual CD is scheduled to arrive on April 20. In a live broadcast from the Marcy Armory in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, on April 1, the musical Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert, with lyrics by Tim Rice and music by Andrew Lloyd Webber, premiered on NBC.
- Among those appearing are Sara Bareilles as Mary Magdalene, Brandon Victor Dixon as Judas, Alice Cooper as King Herod, Ben Daniels as Pontius Pilate, Norm Lewis as Cassius Pilate, Jason Tama as Peter, Jin Ha as Annas, and Erik Gronwall as Simon Zealotes (who also appears as Peter).
- Everything’s Alright5.
- Hosanna in the Highest 7.
- Pilate’s Nightmare9.
- Everything Is in Working Order (Reprise) 11.
Damned for All Time / Blood Money13.
The Garden of Gethsemane (I Only Want to Say) Three (3): Transition; Four (4): Arrest; Five (5): Peter’s Denial 6.
The Song of King Herod8.
Could we please restart from the beginning?
The Death of Judas Iscariot 11.
The Final Curtain The Marcy Armory in Williamsburg was the setting for the David Leveaux-directed concert, which was performed in front of a live audience.
Rudzinski previously worked in the film industry as a director of live musicals.
The Broadway production of Jesus Christ Superstar opened in 1971 and was nominated for five Tony Awards, including Best Original Score for Lloyd Webber and Rice, among other honors.
Go Inside Jesus Christ Superstar Live, Starring John Legend
The NBC broadcast of the Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice musical premiered on April 1, 2012. PHOTOS John Legend and the rest of the cast John Legend’s official website John Legend and the rest of the cast Brandon Victor Dixon’s full name is Brandon Victor Dixon. Jin Ha, Norm Lewis, and the rest of the cast Sara Bareilles and John Legend are two of the most well-known musicians in the world. Patrick Randak is a correspondent with NBC. Erik Grönwall is a Swedish architect. John Legend and the rest of the cast Patrick Randak is a correspondent with NBC.
Norm Lewis, Jin Ha, and the rest of the cast John Legend’s official website Sara Bareilles is a singer-songwriter from New York City.
Alice Cooper and John Legend are two of the most famous musicians in the world.
Jason Tam is a young man who grew up in a little town in the Philippines.
NBC News Photographer Paul Lee Brandon Victor Dixon and the rest of the cast NBC News Photographer: Peter Kramer John Legend and the rest of the cast NBC News Photographer: Eric Liebowitz (Current as of April 6, 2018)
John Legend Will Star in NBC’s Jesus Christ Superstar Live!
In a departure from prior live musical broadcasts, the production on April 1 will be presented as a live concert from Brooklyn, according to the company. The titular role inJesus Christ Superstar Live of Concert!, which will be broadcast live from the Marcy Armory in Williamsburg, Brooklyn on April 1, 2018, will be played by Oscar- and Grammy-winning singer-songwriter John Legend. Alice Cooper is a rock and roll singer from the United Kingdom. Photograph by Craig Sterken / Shutterstock The recording artist will join Alice Cooper, who was previously confirmed as the King Herod in the Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice rock opera King of the World.
- Despite the fact that he has not yet been on the Broadway stage, Legend was awarded a Tony Award earlier this year for his work as a producer on the production ofJitney.
- Along with Lloyd Webber and Rice, Legend will serve as an executive producer on the film alongside Craig Zadan, Neil Meron, Mike Jackson, and Ty Stiklorius.
- The Easter Sunday webcast will differ somewhat from past live musical broadcasts on NBC, withJesus Christ Superstarbeing presented as a concert with a live audience instead of a performance.
- Additional casting announcements will be made at a later time.
PHOTO ARCHIVE: Jesus Christ Superstar on Stage and Screen
On this day two years ago, the most current revival of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice’sJesus Christ Superstar came to an end. Playbill takes a look back at the show’s previous stage and cinematic iterations. PHOTOGRAPHS: 44 Cover of the playbill from the original Broadway show. Original Broadway cast members Jeff Fenholt and his colleagues Original Broadway cast members Jeff Fenholt and his colleagues The picture, which was released in 1973, starring Carl Anderson, Ted Neeley, and Yvonne Elliman.
- A scene from the 1973 film starring Ted Neeley.
- In the 1973 picture, Carl Anderson plays himself.
- Billy Porter appeared in a Nyack play in 1998.
- In a 1998 Nyack production, Roy Chicas, Clay Jackson, Drew Sarich, Michael Seelbach, Alec Timerman, and Constantine Maroulis appeared as characters.
- Jason Pebworth and Glenn Carter in rehearsal for the Broadway production of the musical in 2000.
- Jason Pebworth and the rest of the cast in rehearsal for the Broadway revival in 2000.
- Glenn Carter and the cast of the Broadway revival in rehearsal for the year 2000 Tony Vincent with the rest of the cast and crew in rehearsal for the Broadway production in 2000.
Tony Vincent starred in the Broadway revival of the same name in 2000.
The Broadway revival of Glenn Carter and Company from 2000 was a smash hit.
The cast of the Broadway revival from 2000.
In the early 2000s, Carl Anderson and Sebastian Bach embarked on a nationwide tour.
Judas (Darryl Jovan Williams) forewarns the audience of impending doom.
At the Last Supper, followers beg for the healing touch of Jesus (Darius de Haas).
Russell IV, Jaime Cepero, and Bernardine Mitchell) at the Last Supper.
Darius de Haas is an American actor and director.
Darius de Haas and his associates King Herod is played by Eric Jordan Young.
Mary Magdalene (Nicole Long) weeps at Jesus’ feet as he hangs on the cross at the mercy of Pontius Pilate.
Josh Young will star in the Stratford-based play that will go to Broadway.
The Stratford Festival’s production Paul Nolan stars in the Broadway-bound film, with Chilina Kennedy and Josh Young.
The Stratford Festival’s production Chilina Kennedy and Paul Nolan star in the Stratford-based play that is headed to Broadway. Josh Young stars in the next Broadway production. The Stratford Festival’s production Paul Nolan stars in the Stratford-upon-Avon production that will transfer to Broadway.
Jesus Christ Superstar Is Being Rebroadcast on NBC on Easter Sunday
The Emmy Award-winning concert will be performed again this Easter. We thoroughly enjoyed the live broadcast of the rock operaJesus Christ Superstar, which aired on NBC in the spring of 2018. The much-loved concert staging, which stars John Legend and Sara Bareilles, will be returning to our television screens this Easter, which is a welcome development. In accordance with the stage play, the concert staging is based on the music and lyrics of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, who previously collaborated on bothEvita and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, among other projects.
- Ben Daniels, Jason Tam, Jin Ha, and Erik Gronwall are also part of the ensemble cast.
- Christ Superstar Live in Concert received five Emmy Awards in 2018, including Outstanding Variety Special, for its performance in 2018.
- You can see a clip from the program in the video player below.
- Following its debut as a concept album and its Broadway premiere, the production was nominated for five Tony Awards and has since been staged in countries all over the world.
- Songs from the musical, such as “Heaven on Their Minds,” “I Don’t Know How to Love Him,” and “Superstar,” have gone on to become classics.
- To be sure, check your local listings.
- Check out Sara Bareilles’ performance of “I Don’t Know How To Love Him” from Jesus Christ Superstar: The Musical.
- Will you be seeing Jesus Christ Superstar on Easter Sunday?
‘Jesus Christ Superstar Live’ Time & Channel
NBC The live version ofJesus Christ Superstar, starring John Legend and Sara Bareilles, will premiere tonight in New York City. Continue reading for all of the information on what time the program airs, what channel to watch it on, the cast members, and more. DATE AND TIME OF AIRING: The premiere of Jesus Christ Superstar will take place on Easter Sunday, April 1, 2018. The show airs from 8 p.m. ET to 10:20 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT to 8 p.m. PT on ABC. There are currently no scheduled encore performances.
In order to find out what channel NBC is available in your region, contact your local television provider (e.g., FIOS, Optimum, Time Warner).
LIVE STREAM:If you do not have cable or are unable to access to a television, you may watch NBC live online using your computer, phone, or streaming device by joining up for one of the cable-free, live-TV streaming services, which include the following: Hulu with Live TV: If you want a comprehensive Netflix-like on-demand streaming library with hundreds of exclusives in addition to live TV, Hulu now provides a bundle of live channels, including NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC Sports, among others (live in select markets).
- Right now, you can sign up for “Hulu with Live TV” right here, and you’ll be able to watch an NBC live stream on your computer via the Hulu website, as well as on your phone, tablet, or streaming device via the Hulu application.
- You can sign up for a free 7-day trial and then watch NBC live on your computer by visiting the DirecTV Now website, or on your phone, tablet, or streaming device by using the DirecTV Now app.
- Register for a free 7-day trial and then watch NBC live on your computer via the FuboTV website, or on your phone, tablet, or streaming device using the FuboTV app.
- Sling TV: NBC (live in some cities) is included in the “Sling Blue” channel bundle, which is available for a monthly fee.
JOHN LEGEND AS JESUS CHRIST, SARA BARELLES AS MARY MARDELLA, Brandon Victor Dixon AS JUDAS ISCARIO, Alice Cooper AS KING HEROD, Norm Lewis AS Caiaphas, Ben Daniels AS PONTIUS PILATE, Jason Tam AS PETER, Jin Ha AS Annas, and Erik Gronwall AS Simon Zealotes make up the cast of The Passion of the Christ.
OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS FROM NBC: The tale, which takes place during the final week of Jesus’ life, is presented from the point of view of the famed betrayer Judas Iscariot.
As a result, when Jesus assaults the money changers in a temple, Judas eventually turns against his master, putting both of them on a collision course with catastrophe.
Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Expect To Find ‘Jesus Christ Superstar Live!’ On Netflix
NBC will present another musical performance this Easter Sunday, this time in the style ofJesus Christ Superstar Live! When you look at the ensemble, you’ll see that it’s comprised of an extremely star-studded group of performers, indicating once again that the new production of the 1970s rock opera will be a success that people will want to watch again once it’s finished. But where can you view it after it has shown live on television? Is it possible to watch Jesus Christ Superstar Live! on Netflix?
After doing some research, I discovered that none of the previous NBC live musicals had found their way to the streaming service, while FOX’sGrease Live!
So who knows — maybe NBC will approach things a bit differently this time around, but I wouldn’t put my hopes in that direction.
available the day after it airs, as has been the case with all of the network’s previous live musical performances in recent years.
to be available for viewing indefinitely on the streaming service.
As a result, unlike other NBC shows such as This Is Us, which has every episode of the series available on Hulu, the live musicals only have a limited run, and it’s impossible to predict how long they will be on the road.
Alternatively, like with the past NBC live musicals, you’ll most likely be able to purchaseJesus Christ Superstar Live!
In other words, if you truly want to watch it again and over, you can absolutely do so.
Because there is no conversation throughout the whole production, the audio serves as a sufficient substitute for the spoken word.
If you’re not familiar with the musicalJesus Christ Superstar, it is based on the final week of Jesus’ life and is performed on Broadway.
Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, both Tony Award winners, were the original composers and writers of the musical in its original form.
assures you that the program is in capable hands.
Alice Cooper as King Herod and Tony winner Brandon Victor Dixon as Judas are among the actors who will appear alongside Legend and Barielles.
Butterflystar Jin Has as Annas, and Swedish rock actress Erik Gronwall as Simon Zaelotes.
I honestly don’t know what you’ll do if this cast doesn’t make you want to tune in to the program.
We recommend tuning in to see what all the fuss is about, regardless of whether you’ve seen or heard of Jesus Christ Superstar before.
Jesus Christ Superstar Live! will premiere on NBC on April 1 at 8 p.m. EST. Watch the new video series, Romper’s Doula Diaries, to learn more about Romper’s Doula services. On Facebook Watch, you can watch entire episodes of Romper’s Doula Diaries.