The Horoscope of Jesus – Dates of Birth and Death
The subject of horoscopes, particularly in relation to Jesus Christ, is a source of contention. Some religious individuals consider astrological investigation to be impious, or at the very least unimportant. Other others argue that astrology may be true from a particular point of view, which they believe is incorrect. When it comes to truth, Jesus himself says, “the truth will set you free” (John 8:32). In order to comprehend the life of Jesus, it is necessary to draw on the resources of every area of knowledge.
Before entering into this historical investigation, which will allow us to determine the dates of Jesus’ birth and death, I’d want to address the concerns of many individuals who question if astrology should be taken seriously in biblical and theological studies and how it may be used to do so.
The Bible and Astrology: The Magi
Some Christians consider astrology to be impious in the sense that the Bible despises pagan divination and the worship of stars as gods. Some believe that pious Jews and Christians despised astrology because of its affiliation with paganism, and that this was the case. There is therefore no way that the planets had any influence on the fate of a great Jewish holy man, messiah, and savior for Christians. While it is true that the Bible expressly forbids the worship of the stars, the biblical worldview does not make a clear distinction between astrology and astronomy in its teachings.
- The magi in question are unquestionably astrologers, not monarchs.
- When reading the stars as signals of impending events, astrologers or astronomers (the two sciences were united) are looking for big occurrences.
- The birth of the Messiah at Bethlehem is predicted by the Old Testament prophet Micah (Matt 2:6).
- It is Matthew who uses this metaphor to demonstrate Christ’s worldwide sovereignty, which is verified by both astrologers and prophets.
- However, there is enough information to determine his date of birth and death from the information presented.
The Star of Bethlehem: Jesus’ Birth Date
The birth of Jesus is marked by the star of Bethlehem, and his death is marked by a lunar eclipse (Luke 23:45). Using evidence from the star of Bethlehem as a starting point, historical study has yielded two possible birth dates for Jesus. December 25 is most likely not a historical date, having been chosen to coincide with the pagan feast of the winter solstice, and is hence not historically significant. One theory connects the star of Bethlehem to an ominous conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter, as well as Mars, that occurred around August 22 or September 14–15, 7 BCE, and predicted the birth of Jesus (at sunset or early evening).
- In light of this natal horoscope, Isaiah’s prophesy, which predicted that the messiah would be born of a virgin (Luke 1:27–38), would take on new significance.
- The planetary conjunction of Saturn (a moniker for the Roman father deity) and Jupiter (his son) is a perfect fit for Christian Father-Son iconography because they are in the same constellation.
- The Renaissance astronomer Kepler agreed, recognizing the star of Bethlehem as a supernova during his time in the field.
- According to Matthew (vv.
- In ancient literature, the behavior of comets is described using terminology that is similar to ours.
Comets are considered to be omens of favor or displeasure by the gods in Greco-Roman religion. A comet passed across the sky between March 9 and May 4 in the year 5 BCE, according to ancient Chinese sources.
Lunar Eclipse: Day of Death
The use of astronomical reasoning can also aid in the determination of the date of Jesus’ crucifixion death. Luke refers to the sun as having “failed,” which is the precise phrase for a solar eclipse. If an eclipse is meant, it may relate to a partial lunar eclipse that happened on April 3, 33 CE, which is the date on which the text was written. Unlike the date 29 CE, however, this option for a date for the crucifixion has less to promote it than the 29 CE date. Ancient authorities, as well as the New Testament itself, place the crucifixion of Jesus in the 15th year of Tiberius’ rule (i.e., 29 CE).
The most likely date for the crucifixion is March 18 at 3 p.m., according to most experts.
New Testament Evidence for the Dates of Jesus’ Birth and Death
According to the New Testament, the earliest probable birth date for Jesus will be earlier than 4 BCE (the death of King Herod); Jesus was born during Herod’s reign, according to the NT (Matt 2:4; Luke 1:5). According to Luke 3:1–2, Jesus began his ministry when he was in his thirties and it lasted for three or four years, based on the evidence. The date of the crucifixion is given in the New Testament (14-15 of the Jewish lunar month Nisan). According to Luke 3:1, Jesus was crucified during the reign of Tiberius Caesar (i.e., 28–36 CE) and during the 15th year of his rule under the Roman governor Pontius Pilate (i.e., 29 CE).
Jesus died in the ninth hour (Matt 27:46; Mark 15:34; Luke 23:44), which is 3 p.m., according to the biblical accounts.
He may have died on March 18, 29 CE, according to certain sources (or possibly April 3, 33 CE).
The Significance of Jesus’ Horoscope
Insights about Jesus’ historical destiny may be gained from different horoscopes, including those born under the signs of Aries or Taurus (the 5 BCE birth date in the spring) and Virgo (the birth date in the fall) (the 7 BCE birth date in the summer). The crucifixion took place on March 18, 29 CE (or April 3, 33 CE) and might be seen as a foreboding event according to astrological principles. Like other common knowledge (such as psychology and biology), astrology may be traced back to the beginning of time.
- The personal history of Jesus of Nazareth is precious to Christians and other followers, but God is the ultimate treasure in the eyes of believers.
- When we think of Jesus Christ, we think of a transparent window that contains and awakens us to the light—and a door that is devoid of its own contents.
- Patrice Guinard’s “L’étoile de Bethléem (Un scénario organisé par des astrologers)” is a fictionalized account of the star Bethléem.
- Holden, “Early Horoscopes of Jesus,” J.
- (1991), 32, 389–407.
- Holden, “Early Horoscopes of Jesus,” Q.
- Bradley S.
Schaefer, “Lunar Visibility and the Crucifixion,” Q Jl R. astr. Soc. (1990) 31, 53–67A. Wright, “On the Date of the Crucifixion,” The Biblical World(1893) 2.4, 275-282A. Wright, “On the Date of the Crucifixion,” The Biblical World(1893) 2.4, 275-282 Joya Stevenson is a writer and actress. 2019
Theologians and biblical interpreters, researchers and academics collaborate with original thinkers, inspired visionaries and mystics, theologians and biblical interpreters, as well as researchers and academics in the broad field of religion, spirituality, and the Bible. More information on Joya Stevenson Joya Stevenson’s most recent posts are shown below (see all)
r/astrologymemes – which zodiac sign does Jesus fit best?
To make a comment, you must first log in or create an account. 12 years ago, I was at this level. Rising, the sun, the moon, and the stars are all visible at the same time. He was a Pisces, and he was born during the Age of Pisces. Also, Christmas occurs only at the time it does because Christianity borrows from all of the pagan celebrations (Winter Solstice). a second-grade education Exactly what I had in mind when I said that! I’m torn between becoming a Pisces or a Libra. level 2If you haven’t already, his zodiac sign is Pisces, which is exactly where he was born.
- Jesus was also a mushroom, to add to the confusion.
- I’m simply putting it out there, level 1 Given that Jesus is the paradigm for the Age of Pisces, I’m going with Pisces as my zodiac sign of choice.
- Pisces is meant to represent the “best of mankind,” just as he is intended to represent the “sum of all signs” symbolically.
- Pisces is the first sign of the zodiac.
- level a year and a half ago Solar piss ris leukemia is a kind of cancer.
- Level 1 of the sun, the aqua moon, and the moon.
- 1st grade No one has any idea who or what “Jesus” was.
- When I see this meme, I immediately think of I giggle because Martin Luther King Jr.
- a second-grade education His birth chart, like the charts of several other revolutionaries, shows him as a Taurus rising, which is consistent with his personality.
- 1st grade My friend was born on Christmas Day, and I’m not sure he’d be willing to give up his life for his mother if the situation demanded it.
- Is there an endless supply of power?
The power to have billions of people admire your efforts and pay tribute to them? Unprecedented riches and renown await? Yes, without a doubt. Amcap is the source of this information. a second-grade education Cap’s tarot card is almost certainly The Devil, according to my research.
There’s No More Perfect Capricorn Than Jesus
Is it coming from above? Check. What is the relationship between you and a father figure? Check. Does it have anything to do with God? Check your work three times. Miles Klee, a friend and coworker, just forwarded me the following terrible tweet: I’m sorry, but there’s just no way in fucking hell that Jesus was a Capricorn— BLOODY HELL! Posted by Mary Emily O’Hara (@MaryEmilyOHara) on December 18, 2018 in Uncategorized. Despite that, here’s the thing: Of course, Jesus was born under the sign of Capricorn.
As MEL’s resident astrologist/dude-strologist, allow me to enumerate the ways in which I serve the company:
- He enjoyed a swift ascent to prominence, which was followed by an equally rapid fall from grace. Capricorns are the rulers of the mid-heaven, which is located at the very top of the natal chart. Their meanings are related with the parent, god (or anyone else that is seen as superior to us), and our public reputation. As well, the notions of heavenly realms, the father, and God are all closely associated with Jesus — you know, the Son of God as well as, clearly, a heaven-dweller
- He was sensitive to others around him and naturally gravitated toward a leadership position. Instead of a theatrical freak-out the day before his crucifixion (see Cancer for that), Jesus accepted his death sentence with dignity and grace and surrounded himself with 12 of his closest companions (i.e., the Disciples) — of whom he served as the leader. And, as far as Judas was concerned, he was probably a two-faced Gemini
- He came from humble beginnings and only grew as a result of his trials. A mound of hay was the place where Dude was born. He labored as a carpenter, working his way up from nothing to become someone who is still spoken about today (not to mention, the star of the best-selling book of all-time). That is the ultimate objective of any Capricorn
- He never cracked a smile. Honestly, this is the most distinguishing characteristic of a Capricorn: their readiness to shoulder their own personal weight as well as the emotional loads of those around them. Whatever way you look at it, Capricorns take pleasure in being rock solid for those they care about, without ever breaking down. In addition, he only wept once (see John Chapter 11, Verse 35). ONCE. And he wasn’t even interested in talking about it
I’ll put my case to rest. The reason for this is that the birth of Christ, which we are commemorating today — the baby who would go on to be known as the King of Kings, the Prince of Peace, the Lamb of God, and so on — is also the birth of the Capricorn, the Capricorn of Capricorns.
Taj works as the Art Director and Astrologer in residence at MEL. She has worked with Nike, UPROXX, Taschen, Red Bull, New Balance, and other businesses as an art director, graphic designer, illustrator, and producer, among others. She received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Pennsylvania. She grew up in the Los Angeles area and was born there. She’s a Leo, she practices jiujitsu, and she owns a gigantic bully pit-bull named Roxanne, who is totally ineffective in every way.
The answer is no, this is neither a religious blog, nor is it a blog about the religiosity or historical significance of Jesus. Given that it is the holiday season and that the widely recognized date of Jesus’ birth provides a helpful spot in a chronology from which we can draw comparisons, it is an appropriate date to bring up in this blog about star signs. As a result, I will not discuss whether Jesus was truly born on this day, the tales of his birth, or even if he existed as a historical entity at all.
During the year 1 AD, the Romans were still using the Julian calendar, which consisted of 12 months plus an additional day for leap years.
It was first used in 1582 It was first used in 1582.
In contrast, the winter solstice is a stable point in the calendar, and it coincides to the widely recognized date of Jesus’ conception.
Would a person born around the time of the winter solstice in the year 1 AD be classified as a Capricorn?
Your Star Sign
Pisces is the zodiac sign that I was born under. What exactly does this mean? For the majority of people (particularly in countries where star signs are prevalent), it simply means that I was born between the dates of 19 February and 20 March. But what is it about those dates that is so significant? For example, suppose I was born on the 19th of February at 12:00 a.m. (noon). Pisces is the zodiac sign for those born in 1982, while Aquarius is the sign for those born in 1983, respectively. According to astrologers, these transition dates are referred to as “cusp dates,” and determining the exact moment at which the shift takes place is not a straightforward task.
It is essentially determined by where the Sun was in the sky when you were born, which is referred to as your zodiac sign.
The Earth’s rotational axis is tilte This implies that, using the Pisces constellation as an example, the Sun would be in the region of the sky allotted to the constellation between 19 February and 20 March (the crossover between Pisces and Aries occurs at the Vernal Equinox).
Your Zodiac Sign
As an aside, I should note you that there is a distinction between a Star Sign (also known as a Sun Sign) and a Zodiacal Sign. The star sign relates to the position of the Sun in the sky, whereas the zodiac sign refers to the constellations that are visible in the night sky. You were born under the sign of the ascendant, which is the zodiac sign that was rising on the eastern horizon when you were born, and this is the sign that you are under. Because the sky is divided into 12 segments, a new zodiac sign will rise every two hours, corresponding to the fact that the sky is divided into 12 segments.
Because it is the sign that is most well recognized in western society, we will concentrate our attention on it for the remainder of this blog post.
The former is based on the Sun’s relative position in the sky, which changes constellations every three months, while the latter is based on the Moon’s relative position in the sky.
Based on the ascendant, which is the zodiac constellation that is visible on the eastern horizon at the moment of one’s birth, and which changes constellations every two hours, the latter is used.
Not a Pisces?
My zodiac sign is Pisces, and we’ve discovered that this is because the Sun was in the constellation Pisces at the time of my birth, correct? Unfortunately, this is not the case. When I was born, in March in the mid-1970s, the Sun was in the constellation Aquarius, which was a fortunate coincidence. In fact, it is almost probable that the Sun was not in the constellation with which you are most closely associated at the time of your birth as well. If you’re interested about your true star sign, you can find it here.
- You do realize that we’ve been employing zodiacal signs since at least the time of the Babylonians?
- The dates connected with the constellations have remained constant throughout history, however the location of the Sun in the sky at those periods has shifted slightly.
- The Earth’s axis is tilted, and as a result, the Earth’s orbit around the Sun mimics the rotation of a top spinning at an angle.
- Precession is the result of an imbalance in the Earth’s orbit caused by the gravitational pull of the moon and other planetary objects on the ecliptic plane, which is known as precession.
- Take note of how the mass imbalance causes the rod that supports the mass to spin.
- This means that the positions of the stars in relation to the Sun and planets will change throughout time, with their relative positions changing at the same pace as their relative positions.
- So, if I was born between the 19th and 20th of February in the year 1 AD, I would be classified as a Pisces.
- As an example, a person born between these dates in the year 4000 AD would be classified as a Capricorn, because that is the sign in which the Sun would be when they were born.
And the Constellations Themselves?
The fact that your star sign varies based on the year in which you were born has already been proven. However, the constellations themselves remain unchanged, correct? There’s little doubt that certain photographs created by connecting the dots between selected stars in the sky will always have the same look to them. What could possibly be wrong with the scenario? You’ve probably figured out where this is headed by now. No, neither the constellations nor the stars are constant. The stars are all at varying distances from the Earth, and the solar system circles the center of its galaxy with a period of around 250 million years, according to the International Astronomical Union.
- As a result, the positions of the stars in the night sky will progressively shift as time progresses across space.
- Because of the Earth’s rotation around the Sun, the positions of stars that are quite close to the Earth vary in the sky.
- This is referred to as parallax.
- It follows that the distribution of stars in the sky varies over extended periods of time.
- The process of changing them to the point that they are no longer recognisable can take tens of thousands of years; nonetheless, they remain in a continual state of progressive alteration.
- The Earth’s position in relation to the stars will fluctuate over time as the planet revolves around the galaxy.
As a result, the constellations will soon cease to resemble their current appearance. We owe our appreciation to Halycon Maps for providing this image; animated gifs of these maps may be seen in the linked Wired article.
Was Jesus born under the sign of Capricorn? Yes, he very certainly would have been. If he were to be born today, he would be a Sagittarius, according to astrology. It’s also possible that the Sagittarius constellation appeared a bit different at that period. All of these orbital planes are certainly making things more complicated. I hope you have a good time at the Sol Invictus festival. Howard Tutoring wishes you the very best of luck. We’ll see you again next year. We are grateful to Cornell University for supplying some of the precessional data that we have used.
What nobody ever told you about Pisces! The unbelievable 2000 year old conspiracy behind the constellation
Because we have been under the astrological sign of Pisces since February 20th, everyone you know who is a Pisces will be celebrating (or has already celebrated) a birthday very soon! If you’re seeking for the ideal birthday present for that particular Pisces in your life, naming a star in their honor beneath thePisces constellation may be the ideal option. If you’re considering naming a star that is located inside the constellation of Pisces, here are some interesting scientific and mythology facts about this extremely fishy constellation!
Fish swimming at right angles to each other in the sign of Pisces are depicted by two fish swimming in opposite directions, one heading north and one heading west. A cable connects them and holds them connected. The fish themselves are thought to be representations of the Greek goddess Aphrodite and her son, Eros – however we’ll get into how those two came to be identified with the two fish later in this article. Located in the first quarter of the Northern Hemisphere, the zodiac sign Pisces encompasses a wide V-shaped area.
- Contrary to popular belief, the month of Pisces is not visible in the Northern Hemisphere until the very early stages of fall, even though it occurs in February in late winter / early spring.
- It is 294 light-years away from Earth and possesses a brightness that is 316 times greater than that of our sun.
- It is the 31st closest star system to the sun and the closest single white dwarf to the sun, both of which are just 14.1 light-years distant.
- Following the investigation of the two, some fascinating information was discovered: it was discovered that they had over time traveled to a neighboring group of galaxies, and that this had expedited the pace of star creation.
But why is the zodiac sign of Pisces connected with two fish? In order to comprehend this, we must return to the ancient Greeks and an old mythology.
Around the Euphrates river, according to legend, are the mythical events that took occurred in relation to this constellation. This suggests that the narrative may have been modified from an even older myth that the Greeks may have gotten from the Babylonians, which we will discuss further below. But let us concentrate on the story itself. The Olympian Gods had triumphed once more. Even after the Titans had been crushed, there were others who plotted their downfall even while the Gods sat comfortably in their thrones._ Typhon, son of the Titan Tartarus, and Gaia are enraged by what the Olympians have done, and they set out to exact ultimate retribution and finally vanquish the Olympians.
- He was so dangerous and strong that even Gods were afraid to confront him directly.
- The gods _AphroditeandEros (also known as Venus and Cupid in Roman mythology) _were wandering along the Euphrates River whenTyphon_ came upon them.
- He transformed them into two fish, and they were able to escape by jumping into the river.
- The triumph was celebrated by placing the fish among the stars, which eventually became known as the constellation of Pisces.
- However, there is an even more intriguing mystery surrounding Pieces that may point to a 2000-year-old cover-up!
According to this hypothesis, the Christ figure may not have had his roots as a Jewish Rabbi speaking in Galilee, but that his genuine origins may have been found in pagan astrology rather than Jewish tradition. According to one account, Jesus’ origins were as an avatar of the Pisces constellation – he was a figure who was supposed to signify the movement of the sky at the commencement of the Age of Pisces – and that he was born of a virgin. The activities of the early Christians, in which the fish was employed as a symbol of Jesus, provide evidence for this theory.
So, what is it about the figure of the fish that makes it such a major role in early Christianity?
As a result, they chose a fish to represent Jesus.
In other words, there is no grand conspiracy at work here; rather, there is a misunderstanding of the origins of symbols and what they signify to certain communities at various eras.
So there you have it: some intriguing facts about Pieces for you to consider! You may share your decision to dedicate a star, name a star, or adopt a star for a Piesces in your life by letting us know on our social media pages. Facebook and Instagram are examples of social media platforms. Twitter Also, if you live in the United Kingdom, don’t forget that Mother’s Day is just a little over a week away! (Monday, March 11th, 2018)
Jesus was an Aries, and I have proof
So, I’m well aware that many of us believe Jesus was a Capricorn, and I’d want to correct that notion. You know, because Christmas is coming up in December, and no matter how secular you are, you will be forced to acknowledge that Christmas is all about the birth of Jesus Christ. However, it appears that we were all mistaken. All of the things they’ve been telling you for years are LIES. In a recent tweet, Josh Peck, the God of the Glow-Up, mentioned that the sign of Capricorn was the sign of GOD himself: The fact that Jesus was born under the sign of Capricorn is something that is rarely mentioned.
- The 13th of December, 2017.
- On April 6th, according to a teaching taught by the Church of Latter-day Saints (also known as the Mormon Church), Jesus was born: Even non-Mormons, on the other hand, believe that Jesus was most likely born in April.
- On the one hand, we know that shepherds were out in the fields tending their flocks at the time of Jesus’ birth since the Bible states so in Luke 2:7-8.
- This shows that Jesus was born in a month with a more moderate climate.
- The census in which Mary and Joseph were involved would have taken place around April 1st, marking the beginning of the Roman calendar, which would have made Jesus an Aries, which I believe is more appropriate because Aries is the first sign of the zodiac and represents fresh life.
- As @Livylou pointed out, Aries is the first sign in the zodiac.
- The ram, to be precise.
- God would not allow it (Ed: God would not allow it).
I’m able to read his horoscope now. What I appreciate is that even the Son of God may have bad weeks where his love life goes apart and his financial stability crumbles as a result of the stars aligning in his favor. Oh, and while we’re at it, let’s not forget that Jesus was probably also black.
What is Jesus Christ’s Zodiac sign?
No one is certain of his exact date of birth. Shepherds brought their flocks into town during the winter, thus unless the reference to “shepherds in the fields tending their flock” was only a metaphor, Christ did not come into the world during the colder months of the year. The confluence of Jupiter and Saturn in the sky, according to some astrologers, signified his birth, and that this was the “star” that directed the Three Wise Men to the site of his birth. Consequently, they were hunting for a certain natal chart in this situation (day-month-year, hour-minute, longitude-latitude).
Assuming that the conjunction in question WAS the “star.” There is no way to tell what SUN Sign Jesus truly had since astrology is not trustworthy if you work backwards (look at the individual and try to reconstruct an appropriate natal chart from what you know about them).
Because of this, using only the Sun Sign of a person will provide you with very little information about them.
How To Find The 12 Zodiac Signs & The Meaning Of Each In The Bible Scriptures
Those unfamiliar with astrology may be surprised to learn that the practice of astrological predicting, which involves researching personality traits based on a person’s date of birth and time (also known as a horoscope), existed long before the Bible. When it comes to the finding of the Christ child, persons who are familiar with both astrology and the Bible will find it simple to make reference to the three magi who were there. Instead of being magi, they were stargazers with a thorough knowledge of astrology, who utilized the “night star” foretelling the birth of Christ to locate his exact position.
RELATED:How To Find Your Zodiac Sign’s Star Constellation in the Sky (with Pictures) In addition to reflecting the power of monarchy, gold is also the color of Gemini (which represents both the past and the future), which they took with them.
Additionally, they brought presents for the Christ Child, including an emballing oil known as myrrh.
When you look at the symbol of Libra, it appears to represent a problem or a speed bump that must be overcome.
What is the relationship between the Bible and the occult? God is associated with the zodiac, or were the writers of the Bible influenced by horoscope symbolism and utilized it as a metaphor in their writings?
A short history astrology.
During the Neo-Babylonian period, circa 1000 BC, the zodiac was first established. In astrology, each zodiac sign is connected with a season in one’s life, and the location of the stars in the hemisphere corresponds to the seasons. In each horoscope (or scope of time), the positioning of the constellations that are called after each sign is divided into 12 unequal pieces, which correspond to the 12 zodiac signs. People used to think that the Earth was the center of the cosmos, which was a common belief in ancient times.
We now understand that the Earth revolves around the Sun, and that the Sun is at the core of our solar system’s rotation.
RELATED: Tattoo Designs for Taurus Signs: 25 Inspirational Designs The Taurus Zodiac Sign is represented by bull tattoos.
Astrology became a life path and soul journey.
Several centuries later, the Greek astronomer Ptolemy explained that the zodiac forecasts the direction that our life would take in the coming year. Based on his findings, he created the zodiac signs of Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricornus, Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, and Leo, as well as 12 other constellations. He referred to these forecasts as horoscopes, which literally translates as “hour of birth.”
The Bible alludes to astrology in scripture.
The first book of the Bible, penned by Moses, begins to enlighten readers about the origins of the world and the creator of the stars. It also outlines what they are supposed to be accomplishing. It’s interesting to note that they are, once again, designed to signal the passing of time.
The Bible says that stars and seasons can be used as signs.
As a result, God decreed that there should be lights throughout the expanse of the heaves to distinguish between day and night. And let them to serve as signs and seasons, as well as days and years (ESV)
The Bible says you can learn about God by studying the stars.
If you raise your eyes to the skies, you will see who created everything. He is the one who brings forth the celestial host one by one, calling out their names one by one. Because of his immense power and imposing might, none of them has been left behind (NIV) There are several distinct methods to express the same idea. People might use astrology to examine their life’s obstacles in order to get insight into their future. The Bible similarly encourages looking for solutions, but instead of using the terms “journey” or “enlightenment,” it uses the phrase “salavation” from sin to describe the process (the making of an error that separates you from knowing who God is).
The Bible supports following the seasons to find your personal salvation, or as astrology calls it, ‘your life’s purpose’.
The Bible asserted that God was the creator of the cosmos, including the stars, and that he was responsible for everything. Contrary to popular belief, these signs recount the tale of the Gospel, exactly as it is recorded in the Scriptures. If you ask a Christian astrologer, many would tell you that horoscopes were created to guide us to salvation. However, this is not the case. Astrology is not a religious belief system. It is a self-discovery process that involves learning about the cosmos and the astrological seasons.
What role does the Bible have in your understanding of the significance of each zodiac sign? This section contains brief descriptions of each astrological sign, taken from both the Old and New Testaments.
1. Virgo the Virgin.
When the virgin Mary gives birth to Jesus Christ, the world rejoices. In astrology, the sign of Virgo is related with work, the 6th house, and overall well-being. Virgo is a constellation that is called after one of the zodiac signs, which is the sign of the Virgin. Virgo is also known by the name Al Zimach, which translates as “branch.” In the Bible, Jesus is referred to as “the branch” that yields fruit, which is also referred to as the fruits of the Spirit. References to the Bible include: Isaiah 11:1–2, Isaiah 11:1–2, Isaiah 11:1–2, Isaiah 11:1–2, Isaiah 11:1–2, Isaiah 11:1–2, Isaiah 11:1–2, Isaiah 11:1–2, Isaiah 11:1–2, Isaiah 11:1–2, Isaiah 11:1–2, Isaiah 11:1–2, Isaiah 11:1–2, Isaiah 11:1–2, Isaiah 11:1–2, Isaiah 11:1–2, A stem will emerge from Jesse’s stump, and a branch will yield fruit from his roots, as prophecy predicts.
2 Corinthians 5:22, 23 – Galatians 5:22, 23 – However, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control; there is no rule that prohibits these characteristics of the Spirit.
2. Libra, the figure of justice.
Libra symbolizes judgment based on weight. In astrology, Libra is about the people and balancing out light and dark actions. Earthly crimes are judged based on laws made by governments. Spiritual crimes, which Christians call sin, are judged based on God. According to the Bible, sin is a debt, similar to karma. But instead of you having to burn the karma with a good dead, the imbalance was paid by Jesus dying on the cross. The names of the stars mean that a debt has been paid. References to the Bible include: Romans 6:23 – for the wages of the sindeath, and the gift of Godlife age-during in Christ Jesus our Lord.
3. Scorpio, the Scorpion.
The zodiac sign of Scorpio may be used to depict the dark aspect of the spirit. These symbols are connected to the story of Genesis 3, in which Satan appears in the guise of a serpent and battles God. Even though God will be subjected to opposition, according to the book of Revelation, the final book of the Bible, he will emerge triumphant over Satan. References to the Bible include: A rift will be created between you and the woman, and your descendants will be divided amongst her descendants.
(ESV) Rome 16:20 – The God of peace will destroy Satan under your feet as quickly as possible.
May the blessings of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ be upon you. (ESV) RELATED: When it comes to successful marriages, even if you don’t believe the Bible is inspired by God, “Leave and Cleave” is essential.
4. Sagittarius, the Centaur Archer.
Centaurs are shown in the constellation of Sagittarius, which is a creature that is a man from the waist up and a horse from the waist down. Traditionally, the sign of Sagittarius is connected with study, foreign subjects, and even religious studies in some circles. He always has a bow and arrow in his hands. When it comes to the Bible, Jesus is both the horse’s rider and the horse itself. He provides redemption to all who believe in him, and he will defeat Satan. References to the Bible include: Psalm 45:4-5 (KJV): Ride forth triumphant for the cause of truth, humility, and righteousness in your majesty; let your right hand to teach you amazing things!
(ESV) Psalm 64:7 (KJV) God, on the other hand, shoots his arrow at them, and they are instantly injured.
5. Capricornus, the Sea-Goat.
Capricornus is a mythical monster that is half goat and half fish in appearance and behavior. In astrology, he is associated with labour and is controlled by Saturn. According to Leviticus, a goat was used to atone for people’s crimes. According to the Bible, in order to be saved, a person must first acknowledge their wrongdoing. Bible references:Leviticus 9:15, which states that he delivered the people’s offering and took the goat of the sin offering that was for the people, slaughtered it, and gave it as a sin offering, just as he had done with the first offering.
(ESV)Matthew 4:19 – And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” The seven best Christian dating sites and apps for singles are listed here.
6. Aquarius, the Water Bearer.
The sign of Aquarius is represented by a man pouring water from an urn. Those who believe in Jesus will have spiritual water running out of their bodies, according to Jesus’ words in the book of John. In astrology, he is associated with friendships, partnerships, and even innovative thinking and ideas. In addition to being a bit radical, and being controlled by Uranus, he is known for breaking people out of their old ways of doing things. References to the Bible include: 2:28-29 (Joel 2:18-29) – Afterwards, I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and the prophetic gifts will be given to your sons and daughters, your elderly men will have dreams, and your young men will have visions.
(ESV) Isaiah 44:3 (NIV) – It is because of this that I will pour water on the parched land and streams on the parched plain; I will pour my Spirit on your descendants and my blessing on their descendants.
7. Pisces, two fish.
The sign of Pisces is represented by these two huge fish, one of which is traveling towards the North Pole and the other which is traveling towards the Sun.
The two fishes in the New Testament can be seen as representing the Church and evil. Despite the fact that the Church appears to be losing the battle against evil, the Church will ultimately win.
Subscribe to our horoscopezodiac newsletter
Do you want to discover what the future holds for your zodiac sign? Sign up for our free newsletter to receive your personalized horoscope in your email every day! Pisces is the sign of the zodiac that represents psychic energy, as well as the emblem of spiritual journeys. References to the Bible include: Jesus stated to them in Matthew 4:19, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19 (ESV) John 21:6 – He told them to cast their nets on the right side of the boat, and they would find some fish there.
8. Aries, the Ram.
According to the zodiac, the sign of Aries depicts the Lamb of God, often known as Jesus. If you put your faith in Him, you will experience salivation; yet, if you do not, you will fall into sin. In astrology, the Ram represents the beginning of your individuality. It’s the place where you discover your true self. References to the Bible include: Paul writes in Ephesians 6:14-17 that Prepare yourself by fastening the belt of truth around your waist, donning the breastplate of righteousness across your chest, and putting on the readiness provided by the gospel of peace as shoes for your feet.
Related Stories From YourTango:
Taurus is a mythical animal represented by an ox or a bull. It contains the star Pleiades, which is actually a cluster of seven stars, as well as the constellation Orion. During the Feast of Tabernacles, a total of 70 bulls were sacrificed. The Feast of Tabernacles is a symbol of the Age of Tabernacles, during which Christ will return and reign for a thousand years on the earth. Taurus is associated with stubbornness, as well as sexuality, according to astrology. Taurus is controlled by Venus, and it educates man about the beauty that may be found in the world.
Revelation 1:20 says that (ESV)
10. Gemini, the Twins.
In the constellation of Gemini, there are two figures, one clutching a club and the other holding a harp and a bow and arrow in one hand and a club in the other. This corresponds to the relationship that exists between Jesus and the Church. A real marriage or connection should bring a couple closer to God and make them even more loving and pious as a result of their relationship. When it comes to astrology, Gemini is all about visiting places and communicating with others. References to the Bible include: Acts 28:11 (NIV) – Having spent three months on the island, we embarked on a voyage on a ship that had spent the previous winter there – an Alexandrian ship with a figurehead depicting the gods Castor and Pollux.
Because this riddle is so profound, I believe it has something to do with Christ and the church (ESV) RELATED: 50 Bible verses that are both inspirational and encouraging Life Quotes that Inspire Confidence
11. Cancer, the Crab
A crab surrounds and defends its prey. This is a metaphor for marriage, in which we allow ourselves to defend someone or a family that we care about and cherish. Cancer, according to astrology, represents enduring love as well as a person’s regard for authority. References to the Bible include: In Psalm 91:1, it says that those who live in the shelter of the Most High will be protected by the shade of the Almighty. (ESV) The powerful ass Issachara is crouching between the two folds; and he seeth excellent rest and lovely land, and he inclineth his shoulder to carry, and is to tribute a servant; and he seeth that good rest and beautiful country, and he is to tribute a servant (YLT)
12. Leo, the Lion
Symbolizing the tribe of Judah, the lion has the king at its feet, and this is the lion’s sign. The star Regulus is located at the foot of the constellation Leo and signifies the small king. The constellation Leo marks the birth of Jesus. In astrology, the sign of Leo represents bravery. References to the Bible include: Genesis 49:9-10 – Judah is a lion’s cub; you have risen above the prey, my son, and are no longer a prey. He came to a halt; he crouched like a lion and as a lioness; who would dare to awaken such a creature?
(ESV) According to Psalm 91:13, you will stomp the lion and the adder underfoot; you will trample the young lion and the snake under your feet.
More for You on YourTango:
In addition to Bible and astrological issues, Steven Hall also writes about pop culture and relationship topics.
Astrological Signs, Bible and Jesus Christ
Only a few of astrologers, like as William Lilly, have studied and presented in-depth Christian Astrology to the general public. His most extensive work on the subject, which was released in three parts in the year 1647, was his most comprehensive book on the subject. Christian Astrology has been losing momentum over the years, but certain topics are rather intriguing, to the point, and plain forward, and they deserve to be investigated more and examined in detail. There have been many astrologers who have studied and expressed their opinions on various aspects of Christian Astrology since William Lilly’s time, such as Michael R.
- These are more symbolic distinctions that have a fully prophetic perspective on things.
- Taurus His Triumphant Arrival The Judge Gemini is none other than Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ, the Lion of the zodiac sign of Leo His Enemies Have Been Destroyed Victor Virgo is Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
- The Required Purchase Price Scorpio is the zodiac sign of Jesus Christ, the Redeemer.
- Sagittarius is the sign of Jesus Christ, the Sufferer.
- Bringing Life Back from the Grave Jesus Christ, the Sacrifice for our Sins Aquarius Out of Victory Comes a Blessing Jesus Christ, the Living Water, is the sign of Pisces.
- These prophetic symbols are more like a fresh way of looking at numerous indicators than anything else.
- A more accurate description would be a comparative examination of numerous signals in relation to Jesus Christ’s character and events from his life.
- Both the Bible and William Shakespeare’s plays include numerous allusions to stars, constellations, and other related subjects.
“The stars urge, not compel,” Ganesha would like to conclude this essay with a phrase that is often used in the area of Western Astrology: “The stars impel, not command.” The GaneshaSpeaks Team, Ganesha’s Grace, and the GaneshaSpeaks Team
Signs of Jesus’ Second Coming
Jesus is on his way back to earth. It’s written in the Bible, in John 14:2-3, New King James Version. “There are many mansions in My Father’s home; if that were not the case, I would have informed you. I’m going to go set up a space for you. Moreover, if I depart to make a place for you, I will return to take you into Myself, so that where I am, you may be as well.” Get your free Bible prophecy guide by clicking on the following link: Signs of the Second Coming of Jesus There are clues that Jesus will return in the future.
- “After that, He told them a parable, saying, ‘Look at the fig tree, and all the trees.'” As soon as you notice that they are already blossoming, you may tell for yourself that summer is rapidly approaching.
- It’s written in the Bible, in Matthew 24:3, New King James Version.
- What they were really asking was when this would happen and what would be the sign of your arrival as well as of the end of the age.” Additional materials can be found at: Are we in the midst of the end days?
- What is the location of heaven and what is it like there?
- It’s in the Bible, in Matthew 24:23-24 (New International Version).
Second coming signs
There will be wars, and while they may seem overwhelming at the time, they are not the end of the world. It’s written in the Bible, in Matthew 24:6, New King James Version. “You will hear talk of wars and rumors of wars, but do not be alarmed if you hear these things. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.” All of the earthquakes and famines and other signs are simply contractions of what is about to happen. It’s in the Bible,Matthew 24:7-8, NKJV. “There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.
Are we living in the last days?
Non-Christians will find it difficult to comprehend that we are living in the latter days of the history of the world. It’s in the Bible, in II Peter 3:3-4, according to the Traditional Latin Bible. “First and foremost, I want to remind you that in the last days, there will be scoffers who will do everything they can to harm others while laughing at the truth.” In response, they will argue as follows: ‘So Jesus promised to return, didn’t He? So, where has He gone? He’s never going to show up!
It’s in the Bible, at I John 2:18, New King James Version.
What moral circumstances will be prevalent in society in the latter days of its existence?
And make no mistake about it, there will be awful times in the coming days.” People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, lacking self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—having a form of godliness but denying its power—having a form of godliness but denying the power of God— “I have absolutely nothing to do with them.” What are some of the other indicators of the end times that the Bible mentions?
It’s in the Bible, in Luke 21:25-26 of the New International Version.
Countries all over the world will be in misery and confusion as a result of the raging and tossing of the seas.
It is the end of the world when people talk about peace and safety.
“Because you are well aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.” While people are claiming ‘peace and safety,’ disaster will descend upon them like labor pangs on a pregnant woman, and they will be unable to flee.” The gospel will be preached across the entire globe, and the end will be reached.
In addition, “this Gospel of the Kingdom shall be spread throughout the entire globe as a testament to all nations, and then the end shall come.” What are people supposed to do when they witness such events going place?
“As a result, be prepared because you never know when your Lord will appear.
‘Now, when these things begin to happen, raise your heads and gaze up, for your redemption is drawing close.’